• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I'm at this point myself, there's no easy answer. We really need tips from Gaf members thriving in inferno

The only easy answer is get better gear. I think I could go on to act II if my current items had sockets so I could fit vit gems everywhere. I got 35k HP, 550~ resists and 9.5k DPS and I'm still struggling. I probably need like 10k more HP, better block % (currently 14 =/) and a faster weapon that has high life on hit. So basically, need like 10 million.

Kyoufu

I love posts like these. Not because of "how much for this thingy I found?" but becaue they are straight bragging.

I don't think you even read his post.
KuGsj.gif

I'm at this point myself, there's no easy answer. We really need tips from Gaf members thriving in inferno

Few people are farming Act II. those that are have very high dps and good health and/or resists.

I agree, Farming Act I is cake. Farming Act III...idunno. I only tried it briefly a few days ago and found it extremely difficult with the weapons/armor I had at that time. I'm capable of 2x the dps now as I was then, so I may give it another run. we'll see.

They need to make Arcane Torrent not complete garbage for people to want to use it. And I bet the next Wizard nerf is going to be removing the invulnerability of your mirror images with Fracture. =\

edit: After Venom Hydra, anyway. Obviously they're going to kill that. And then Arcane Hydra for the Temporal Flux Orbers. Maybe they'll just nerf all three at once.
:(

they better not. though I wouldn't mind starting to kite with blizzard more. with 2 slots dedicated to defense (Armor, skin) and one for Magic Weapon...I really only have 1 slot left. I've been itching to be able to use Blizzard to slow down pursuing elites for some time but haven't because I don't want to give up the Hydras.

I got a Legendary Axe!

...It was a butcher's sickle with 280 DPS at level 58. So Fail.
welcome to the club.

Shouta

I got a Legendary Axe!

...It was a butcher's sickle with 280 DPS at level 58. So Fail.

Also, speaking of bragging.

6q6Pp.png

I got this for 150k on the AH.

Mrbob

What's the lowest level legendary someone has received? I just got my first legendary as a Demon Hunter, but it was a level 33 monk item. :x

So I have been wearing some boots with 184 armor and as well as a little bit of strength and intelligence, and I bought a pair of boots with 477 armor and 55 resist all, yet I did a little test and I'm taking pretty much the same amount of damage with the new boots as I do with the old. What's up with that?

Any thoughts?

Number45

Well if you're buying, I don't want to see anything lower than 50 with armor, because even if the buffs are good, the armor on those items can be a show-stopper. armor matters. The exception to this rule (for me) is for when I'm searching for items that don't have armor stats (amulet, rings). It doesn't matter what level those are.

With buying weapons, I don't want to see any weapons below level 60 because I know the damage and stats I'm looking for won't be available below level 60. I also sort all weapons by dps. then by quality if I want to see quickly the highest dps Rare available.

When buying, always enter a maximum price. it will help keep your results reasonable. walk the maximum price down as you find it necessary.

Much of the same applies to selling. If you're selling a ring or amulet, you don't sort by level. you filter based on your item's 2 *best* stats (3 if it makes sense) and then sort the results by buyout. If an item has a high tertiary stat (say 100 vit, 123 int, 93 strength), just sort by the 2 highest stats. In this example, remember people would be looking for either the 100 vit + 123 int OR the 100 vit + 93 strength, not both. so you would want to filter the results for vit and int, then do another search with the vit + strength...and note how much you think you can get for it that way.

If you're selling something with armor, I usually sort down to level 50. After taking into consideration the good stats on an item, I then look at the armor my item has vs others. If other items have similar stats but half the armor...I have an idea of where I can price mine to get it sold. I'll then sort by buy-out to see what prices items with those filtered stats are moving at and price mine based on how fast I want it to move.

If you're selling weapons...I feel like it can get kinda complicated. You have to put yourself in the shoes of a buyer and ask, "if I were at xx level, what kind of dps would I want and what stats"? That thought process can be your first filter. If you find a level 60 2h rare doing 500 damage, you really don't even need to bother trying to sell it. Nobody will want it. Level 60 items should be compared with other level 60 items almost exclusively because people at level 60 can see all of the good shit. If the damage is borderline, I'll sort down to level 58 or so. Usually, if an item is level 59 or lower, I usually filter down 10 levels, then tighten the filtering if I'm seeing too many results outside the dps range of my item. The goal of the filtering is to try to get an idea of what similar items with similar dps and stats are (1) listed for and are (2) actually selling for. With that information, you can price your item accurately and expect a sale.

Sorry for the long post, but yea. I've sold at least 60 items on the AH now. It's all about the filtering. Well, that and the time of day. It's interesting how much the price can fluctuate, but it's all based on supply & demand. sometimes you can log in and there is an abundance of an item so they're all priced competitively. other times there are only 2 of an item.
Thanks for these tips. I've just realised that I'm struggling because I find it hard to place myself in the buyers shoes (as I have never bought anything). Never mind. :)

OT3 still spoilering? =/
There are fairly frequent posts with people that aren't through the game on normal yet, it's only fair.

What's the lowest level legendary someone has received? I just got my first legendary as a Demon Hunter, but it was a level 33 monk item. :x
My first was a level 18 belt I think (at least I could wear it for a few levels).

So what's the consensus on the EASIEST Inferno class. I'm curious to hear where people stand. I think it has been long enough to form some kind of opinion.

spirity

AH is pretty much a game by itself.

Theta is completely right, if you are dedicated enough then you can literally just sell your current gear for like 110-150% profit, then buy gear that is reasonably priced but is better than your previous gear, sell that again for 110-150% profit and keep doing it until you are ready for Inferno.

It will take a few days of "playing the AH" and following bids feverishly but it's bound to pay off in the end. And you have to be mindful about the AH tax, you might think you are making a profit but the tax may mean otherwise.

That's the future I envision, and its pretty grim. The AH plays way to important a part in everybodys gearing up. You should be gearing up from the game, not the AH. But when the game itself is pushing you towards the AH, its all fucked. Hopefully this will change, but I don't think Blizzard wants it to change too much. RMAH is on the way, and Blizz will want you conditioned to use the AH.

...Also, I would love to be able to see the items caracteristic AFTER having sold them. I have sometime surprises (like an item buyout after 5 mins, which basically means my buyout was far too low), BUT I CAN'T BUILD ANY EXPERIENCE/KNOW HOW.

I have to think about the nature of the item I sold yesterday, and by looking at the name figure out what it was... Seriously?

That would be the first thing I would change, that and the possibility to rank items on any caracteristic (Armor/Intelligence/Attack Speed...).

Still, I am complaining, but I have some massive fun trying to understand the economic system and its implications. Mesmerizing (to me).

Trickster

Just read blizzards blog post regarding diablo 3 status.

Most of it is fine and what I expected...Except for the single most important part, the goddamn items. How fucking dumb are the guys working on diablo 3? They're gonna introduce ilvl and not fucking buff any of the existing legendaries in the game?!

Ilvl/gearscore turned most people in wow into utter morons that would not group/raid with people unless those people completely outgeared the content they were supposed to do.

Their reasonings are also utter bullshit, people are not mad about legendaries being bad, because they're looking at ilvl60 legendaries vs good ilvl63 magic items. it's the fact that legendaries as a whole (outside of a few amulets and rings ) just fucking sucks, regardless of ilvl. The best legendaries are simply not close to comparable to the best magic and rares. it's dumb and makes for unsatisfying loot. So not buffing any of the legendaries in the game atm is so amazingly imcompetent that it makes me want to punch the people making these dumbass decisions.

Edit - I misunderstood what they wrote in their article about the buffs to legendaries. So ignore the stuff about not buffing legendaries. Still don't like that they're gonna show ilvl though, will only cause situations like in WoW.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
are you in Inferno?

If so, I was in your position a few days ago. I can tell you directly that you can't do enough DPS damage to stay relevant in the fight. I assume you can't even make it to part 2 of that fight with 22k dps and 32k hp.

I just picked up a weapon that boosted my dps to 51,000. I haven't tried Belial again yet, but hopefully I'll get closer to beating him now. Or, at least getting to the second part of that fight. even then, I'm not sure how I'll survive. Others on GAF with similar DPS are also stuck on him.

I had very similar stats to him and I managed to kill Belial. What I did was I used the very same build he did but slightly modified, switching out arcane hydra for venom hydra, and using the fracture rune for teleport, as well as the lower AP cost for blizzard so I can cover a larger area as the cost is just that much lower. That way I could use the illusions to potentially soak up some damage while I kite the adds with the hydra as well as blizzard, and if I got stuck in between mobs with teleport on cooldown I took a hit with diamond skin up to get it off cooldown. In between the first and the second phase I switched blizzard for Magic Weapon with Force Weapon rune, but due to the cooldown it took me a couple of minutes until I could actually use it so for the first 25% of the boss I simply had to do without it, but since the second phase is nothing more than a dodge the green spots fight all it does is save you time after it comes off the cooldown.

Mrbob

Well at least 33 doesn't sound too bad now. Level 8 and 9 items, ouch!

I don't understand the torture of people attempting to play Inferno Mode past act 1 when we all know its currently busted and getting fixed. Start a new character until Blizzard patches the mode.

I had very similar stats to him and I managed to kill Belial. What I did was I used the very same build he did but slightly modified, switching out arcane hydra for venom hydra, and using the fracture rune for teleport, as well as the lower AP cost for blizzard so I can cover a larger area as the cost is just that much lower. That way I could use the illusions to potentially soak up some damage while I kite the adds with the hydra as well as blizzard, and if I got stuck in between mobs with teleport on cooldown I took a hit with diamond skin up to get it off cooldown. In between the first and the second phase I switched blizzard for Magic Weapon with Force Weapon rune, but due to the cooldown it took me a couple of minutes until I could actually use it so for the first 25% of the boss I simply had to do without it, but since the second phase is nothing more than a dodge the green spots fight all it does is save you time after it comes off the cooldown.

alright. I'll try it with blizzard and hydras. I had been using Fracture, but never could seem to buy myself enough time because I wasn't dropping the invisi dudes fast enough.

I'll do that later, though. After getting raped for 2 hours by Belial, I really don't even have the motivation right now.

I'm impressed that you did it without Force Armor. I don't find Diamond skin to be worth 2 shits without it.

Lothars

I got a level 10 or 15 legendary belt in act 2 normal recently plus found a low level axe in the same act.

Tacitus_

Most of it is fine and what I expected...Except for the single most important part, the goddamn items. How fucking dumb are the guys working on diablo 3? They're gonna introduce ilvl and not fucking buff any of the existing legendaries in the game?!

Ilvl/gearscore turned most people in wow into utter morons that would not group/raid with people unless those people completely outgeared the content they were supposed to do.

Their reasonings are also utter bullshit, people are not mad about legendaries being bad, because they're looking at ilvl60 legendaries vs good ilvl63 magic items. it's the fact that legendaries as a whole (outside of a few amulets and rings ) just fucking sucks, regardless of ilvl. The best legendaries are simply not close to comparable to the best magic and rares. it's dumb and makes for unsatisfying loot. So not buffing any of the legendaries in the game atm is so amazingly imcompetent that it makes me want to punch the people making these dumbass decisions.

Wot? They'll be buffing the legendaries.
In addition, we’re planning to just straight-out buff Legendary items in a future patch, likely the PvP patch (1.1). -- In the long term, we’re looking at simply expanding the affix diversity and unique bonuses of Legendary items, and we’ll be able to share more details after the PvP patch.
They just won't be retroactive.

I've been playing a few different characters lately, but I just logged in and found that my main character (Monk, level 35, the only one I've taken all the way through the game) is missing all of his inventory items. Also, my Stash is completely empty.

Submitting a ticket now. Anyone else had a problem like this since the servers got more stable?

theta11

It can't be retroactive because the stats on the items have already been rolled for and the only way to buff them would be to add an additional stat on top of the ones they have now which would probably make them too good.

theta11

Hey Wizards,

how do you guys deal with reflected damage? healing armor or weapons? only attacking when you can enable diamond skin?

I skip them lol. I skip Reflect, Invulerable Minions always. Sometimes I'll skip others, but it always boils down to the mob itself. It's just not worth the effort =(.

syllogism

They are buffing the "existing" legendaries, it just won't be retroactive as that would require rerolling every single one and I don't see how that is even feasible.

Psi

Hey Wizards,

how do you guys deal with reflected damage? healing armor or weapons? only attacking when you can enable diamond skin?

Galvanizing Ward. Sometimes I have to ease up on the damage I'm doing until I can survive more or find something else to heal me.

maharg

idspispopd
They are buffing the "existing" legendaries, it just won't be retroactive as that would require rerolling every single one and I don't see how that is even feasible.

It's entirely feasible, it's silly to think otherwise. But it would have a significant impact on the value of goods already sold through the AH and that would make people pretty annoyed.

Raxus

I honestly know nothing about witch doctors. What makes them so easy? I remember a lot of people complaining that it's hard without crazy ass gear.

Mana regen passive and some insane nukes from what I have seen. There are 9 second inferno butcher runs on Inferno.

Tacitus_

Mana regen passive and some insane nukes from what I have seen. There are 9 second inferno butcher runs on Inferno.

That doesn't really tell anything. You can kill him that fast on a barb as well.
Still he loses 3000 health on a 100 vit item. Do barbs scale that much in health? Also what is the difference between +minimum and maximum damage?

Could just not have Vit on his item. Barbs get 35 points of life per Vit at max level if memory serves. You see the dmg ranges on weapons, like 100-150? +minimum adds to the first number and +maximum adds to the second number, +10-20 adds 10 to min and 10 to max.

That's a niche build only useful for killing butcher quickly. You could of course get 5 stacks playing like that but it would take a lot longer than just using a standard build and killing butcher in the normal 40 seconds that it would take.

I honestly know nothing about witch doctors. What makes them so easy? I remember a lot of people complaining that it's hard without crazy ass gear.

We have it just as bad as any other class. The easiest would probably be wizard or demon hunter only because their dps out put is higher than ours on average. For the most part a bad mod on certain mobs just means you have to remake the game regardless of your class (maybe a godly barb/monk can take it but the ranged classes are all fragile).

Hey Wizards,

Gettin more life and armor or resist, and sacrificing some dps.

Currently at beginning of act 2 inferno, and switched from 25k dps and 20k life to 18-19k dps and 40k health and it's a lot more doable.

I saw a 4 second one, but the person was rocking 71K dps...

We have it just as bad as any other class. The easiest would probably be wizard or demon hunter only because their dps out put is higher than ours.
seems like every class is underpowered these days in the context of Inferno. DH and Wizards die from pretty much any one hit. It seems like gear matters more than builds/classes/etc when it comes to Inferno.

theta11

To all you monk out there...Fists of Thunder is goooood, with over 2.0 APS I've been stunlocking champ packs if i can get them grouped into tight space.

Aesthet1c

Quick question. Can someone explain how +resist gear works?

As a barbarian, my understanding was armor reduces damage from all sources. What does +resist gear do beyond that?

Me and Bogg have been farming act1 a lot, but the quality of drops is pretty poor overall.

I've also found zero legendary/ set items 90 hours in lol.

haha yeah the drops are kinda meh for the most parts... I did find 1 Legendary, 1 Set item(a monk helm, the 2 set piece DH bow set) couple nice rare armor pieces off of the champion mobs though.

The only easy answer is get better gear. I think I could go on to act II if my current items had sockets so I could fit vit gems everywhere. I got 35k HP, 550~ resists and 9.5k DPS and I'm still struggling. I probably need like 10k more HP, better block % (currently 14 =/) and a faster weapon that has high life on hit. So basically, need like 10 million.

You are just like me! My Barb is at 27k hp, 600-700 resists and 12k dmg. I die SO easily in Act 2.

The game decided to reward me for all the merciless curbstomping:

ringigl6u.jpg

(of course the very start of Tower of the Damned level 2 had Soul Rippers with mortar, illusionist, fast, jailer. Oh well, who needs valor stacks anyway!)

Edit: Another one! Smaller, but still nice.

shouldershoa2a.jpg

RNG gods seem to be nice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom