• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I honestly know nothing about witch doctors. What makes them so easy? I remember a lot of people complaining that it's hard without crazy ass gear.

They have high survivability, crazy damage and lots of ways to protect themselves with pets/walls etc.

I duo Inferno with my WD friend (I'm a wizard) and he just crushes stuff despite having worse gear then me.

It's entirely feasible, it's silly to think otherwise. But it would have a significant impact on the value of goods already sold through the AH and that would make people pretty annoyed.

It's going to play hell with the RMAH release as well. Presumably they want the RMAH online before the PvP patch where they intend to buff the legendaries, but that's gonna piss off everyone who buys a legacy legendary with real money that doesn't get buffed in the update. The alternative is to push back the RMAH until after the PvP patch, which is a minimum of a couple months away.

Neki

The game decided to reward me for all the merciless curbstomping:

ringigl6u.jpg

(of course the very start of Tower of the Damned level 2 had Soul Rippers with mortar, illusionist, fast, jailer. Oh well, who needs valor stacks anyway!)

in before someone says ring is worth 100k

Danielsan

Bought an item in the auction house (buy out) and it didn't appear in my AH item list. Am I fucked or should it appear some time tomorrow?

Trickster

Wot? They'll be buffing the legendaries.

They just won't be retroactive.

This is the quote I read on diablofans

In addition, we’re planning to just straight-out buff Legendary items in a future patch, likely the PvP patch (1.1). These buffs will not be retroactive, and so they’ll only apply to new Legendary items found after the patch.

Thought it meant they were gonna make new legendaries after the pvp patch that were better than the ones in the game now, and that they wouldn't change the stats for the legendaries currently in the game.

But I get what they mean now, is now I'm very happy :D

But does this mean that if I find a legendary now, if I don't id them until they buff legendaries, will those items have the buffed stats when I do id them?

Jubbly

For the entire time I've been playing I was using Evocation on the Wizard (15% Cooldown Reduction). But when I was waiting on a friend earlier I was messing about in town and noticed that the cooldowns in fact stay the same. I thought maybe that was a tooltip error so I got my phone out and timed it.

Answer: Evocation doesn't work. Full stop.

Good job Blizzard!

Ultrabum

To all you monk out there...Fists of Thunder is goooood, with over 2.0 APS I've been stunlocking champ packs if i can get them grouped into tight space.

Tell me more about this, my fists of thunder don't stagger champs like they do normal mobs, is there a DMg threshold or something?

Rufus

They have high survivability, crazy damage and lots of ways to protect themselves with pets/walls etc.

I duo Inferno with my WD friend (I'm a wizard) and he just crushes stuff despite having worse gear then me.
He'd be faring a lot worse alone. Their survivability isn't that great, unless you count running away as survivability. Pets die too quickly even on hell, walls aren't useful in open fields (if they worked like the waller's, then maybe).

Quick question. Can someone explain how +resist gear works?

As a barbarian, my understanding was armor reduces damage from all sources. What does +resist gear do beyond that?

The %DR from resists stacks multiplicatively with the %DR from armor. And basically, each point of resist is equal to about 10 points of armor. Most barbarians and monks seem to have to aim for about 8-9k armor and 800-900 resists to be viable in inferno. This combination alone yields over 90% net damage reduction, which then stacks multiplicatively again with the base 30% reduction that monks and barbs get for being melee classes, and then with any % reductions from your items, and THEN with your shield's block or any other mechanics that I might have left out.

So yeah, barbarians end up mitigating 95% or more of the damage they take just to barely survive in inferno.

In addition, we’re planning to just straight-out buff Legendary items in a future patch, likely the PvP patch (1.1). These buffs will not be retroactive, and so they’ll only apply to new Legendary items found after the patch.

No way this is true!!! My Bul-Katho Ring CRIESSSSSSSS WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The best way to encourage build diversity is to nerf inferno so it's actually doable. Right now it's so overtuned it throws out the "viable, not optimal" philosophy out the window.

Also, the two biggest issues with itemization is weapon dps scaling being out of control, and not enough unique mods on legendaries. They got some, they need more. They addressed the latter and it's a pretty easy fix, the former is going to require a more thorough redesign and probably wouldnt get anywhere before the expansion pack.

Aesthet1c

The %DR from resists stacks multiplicatively with the %DR from armor. And basically, each point of resist is equal to about 10 points of armor. Most barbarians and monks seem to have to aim for about 8-9k armor and 800-900 resists to be viable in inferno. This combination alone yields over 90% net damage reduction, which then stacks multiplicatively again with the base 30% reduction that monks and barbs get for being melee classes, and then with any % reductions from your items, and THEN with your shield's block or any other mechanics that I might have left out.

So yeah, barbarians end up mitigating 95% or more of the damage they take just to barely survive in inferno.

Very informative!

Thanks!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is Increased Attack Speed % on weapons counted in the existing dps of the weapon or will it be added "later"?

Won

That's actually a nice drop for Act II Inferno for once. Just needed Dex instead of Str. -.-

SKafY.png

Also had some decent rolls on crafting stuff. Not a bad day.

KKRT00

hardest mode not viable after 2 weeks

damn blizzard
So You think that weapon drops with 150 dps are alright for act 1 of Inferno?

It's not that the mode isn't viable, it's that some characters and most skills are completely useless on inferno.

And this. Like 80% of skills.
BTW there should be one more skill slot and every char should have good escape tool. Monk has Dash that was working fine several months ago in beta, but they nerf its range when there is no target near cursor ...

---
Ps. I think i've just lost 100k on AH, i sent to my stash and its not on my balance.

Yep, AH is completely fucked up at this moment on EU ...

vilmer_

Them fixing legendaries makes me feel a bit better about not having found any so far (lvl 55).

I've only found one in over 110 hours of playtime :( Yesterday however I was powering a few friends through normal with 5 stacks of NV, one of them had 2 legendaries drop within 10 minutes, and another got one off of a boss :lol

cilonen

After my run through normal is done (yes, slow I know - doing it co-op with my GF) I think I'm going to leave it alone for a while so the economy (and RMAH) can stabilise and item balance gets addressed.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
alright. I'll try it with blizzard and hydras. I had been using Fracture, but never could seem to buy myself enough time because I wasn't dropping the invisi dudes fast enough.

I'll do that later, though. After getting raped for 2 hours by Belial, I really don't even have the motivation right now.

I'm impressed that you did it without Force Armor. I don't find Diamond skin to be worth 2 shits without it.

No, I was using Force Armor, like the guy you quoted. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRXQlO!dfY!cbaYbY that is the exact build I used for phase one, switching out Blizzard for Force Weapon in the second phase.

That said, Rakanoth is an asshole. Keeps one shotting me with his stupid teleport strike. Stacking up hp to 50k and 60% dmg reduction and I still can't take the hit. Had this been pre Force Armor nerf I'd have taken him down first try. :( First proper wall I've hit, think I need to backtrack a bit and farm up for... something. What's the best place to farm in Inferno? Butcher rarely drops anything good, even with 5 Neph buffs, as the act 1 loot is more often than not 51-59 leveled items, but I can't think of any good spot to farm in act 2 or act 3, as everything is just too hard and tedious.

I've only found one in over 110 hours of playtime :( Yesterday however I was powering a few friends through normal with 5 stacks of NV, one of them had 2 legendaries drop within 10 minutes, and another got one off of a boss :lol

Yep. I've got 2 60s into act 2 inferno, 100+ total hours and I haven't found a single legendary. If they were worth a shit, I might be mad. Instead I just add it to the long list of things in my life that demonstrate my unluckiness.

That said, Rakanoth is an asshole. Keeps one shotting me with his stupid teleport strike. Stacking up hp to 50k and 60% dmg reduction and I still can't take the hit. Had this been pre Force Armor nerf I'd have taken him down first try. :( First proper wall I've hit, think I need to backtrack a bit and farm up for... something. What's the best place to farm in Inferno? Butcher rarely drops anything good, even with 5 Neph buffs, as the act 1 loot is more often than not 51-59 leveled items, but I can't think of any good spot to farm in act 2 or act 3, as everything is just too hard and tedious.

I saw a nifty Rakanoth solo build for wizards that used the ancient guardian rune for familiar in order to absorb his teleport strike. It seems that wizards can't stack enough health and mitigation to be able to survive it even with force armor, but this build along with some super cheesy kiting works. The familiar can absorb a single hit every 6 seconds as long as you are under 35% health, so you deliberately stay under that point any dodge everything he does (minions and the blue things he shoots at you) and let the familiar save you.

As for farming as a wizard, watch this guy:

http://www.twitch.tv/stayawhileandlisten

He explains a lot of farming spots and wizard farming methods. It can be useful to watch.

Beat the Butcher on Hell
4k dps
Zombie Bears is epic!

Current build is
Splinter darts
Locusts with the disease rune
Spirit walk with healing rune
Soul harvest with the healing rune
Zombie bears
Fetish army summon with fire blowing rune

Damage reduction passive
Mana increase passive
Health globe + mana passive

Raide

Sorts out what? I've removed skills once trying to run from something like a crazed chicken.

I think turning back on Elective mode locks the toolbar, so you cannot drag things out. Also, why are people mouse clicking skills? That is the only way you can drag them out. :D

Nope, you can still drag out skill cards.

Also, for the love of god, please give us 3 skill loadouts we can load and save.

Really? I thought it locked it.

And having some savable skill sets would be great.

Trickster

So You think that weapon drops with 150 dps are alright for act 1 of Inferno?

I think that alright, absolutely. As long as we're talking about magic and rare weapons at least. Those are supposed to be completely random in their stats.

So even if you get a weapon on inferno, it should be possible for that weapon to have shitty affixes that simply match horribly and makes for a shit item that no one wants, that's how diablo have always been, and should always be.

The game would be boring if every item you found was useful.

Rufus

I think turning back on Elective mode locks the toolbar, so you cannot drag things out. Also, why are people mouse clicking skills? That is the only way you can drag them out. :D
I'm not mouse clicking skills, I'm clicking the ground near the bar on occasion. That's the problem.

Opiate

Goat men with a ranged attack with mortar, shield, arcane agaisn't my DH. :|

I've defeated these. I've found Shadow Power + Gloom to be superior to Smoke Screen for these purposes. I use nether tentacles as my primary DPS and have impale + impact as a way to keep them at distance. I also have +11% movespeed boots.

That would be the single most important tip I can give any DH/WD/Wiz pushing through inferno -- be absolutely sure to have movement speed boots. It is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom