• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

I've defeated these. I've found Shadow Power + Gloom to be superior to Smoke Screen for these purposes. I use nether tentacles as my primary DPS and have impale + impact as a way to keep them at distance. I also have +11% movespeed boots.

That would be the single most important tip I can give any DH/WD/Wiz pushing through inferno -- be absolutely sure to have movement speed boots. It is crucial.

If only I could change my skillsets without losing my stacks. D:

Opiate

So You think that weapon drops with 150 dps are alright for act 1 of Inferno?

Random loot is random. I'm not saying you have to like it, but if you don't like it, you certainly couldn't have liked Diablo 2, where level 1 cracked sashes dropped all the way through to Hell Baal.

If only I could change my skillsets without losing my stacks. D:

Yes. I'm currently running around with Shadow Power + Gloom and no SS in Act III; I can't decide if it's better or worse yet.

On a separate note as a Demon Hunter, I agree with the Smoke Screen nerf. It was absolutely mandatory to progress through Inferno; any other skill choice was a dramatically poor one. It was the reason DHs were pushing through inferno so much faster than many other classes.

Sometimes, buffing bad abilities is the right choice; sometimes nerfing too good abilities is the right choice. It depends on context. In this case, it wasn't a single ability that was too weak to keep up with the rest, it was a single ability that was so good it made all others obsolete, and that was rapidly trivializing end game content in a game that will never get more end game content than it already has, to boot.

inky

Oh, cool, what's that?

dIxuW.png

Hmm

lpWp3.png

LOLOLOLOL I'm not even going to bother. It will sit unidentified in my inventory until the servers are taken down just to remind others of how shitty fucking Blizzard is. After 100 hours this right here should be my "Oh, holy shit" moment in the game, my first legendary item, but instead it is the fucking lowest point in the game.

Rufus

Might as well vendor or salvage it, then. I salvaged my first legendary because it was garbage. Not sure why I keep the second one I found, because it's crap as well.

No, I was using Force Armor, like the guy you quoted. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRXQlO!dfY!cbaYbY that is the exact build I used for phase one, switching out Blizzard for Force Weapon in the second phase.

That said, Rakanoth is an asshole. Keeps one shotting me with his stupid teleport strike. Stacking up hp to 50k and 60% dmg reduction and I still can't take the hit. Had this been pre Force Armor nerf I'd have taken him down first try. :( First proper wall I've hit, think I need to backtrack a bit and farm up for... something. What's the best place to farm in Inferno? Butcher rarely drops anything good, even with 5 Neph buffs, as the act 1 loot is more often than not 51-59 leveled items, but I can't think of any good spot to farm in act 2 or act 3, as everything is just too hard and tedious.

oh man. No Arcane Orb is hard for me, but something I always wondered about sacrificing temporarily. I never had the guts to try it because the aoe damage felt so necessary.

First rare drop on Inferno farming. Wish it had Dex!

RSNly.jpg
$175k-$225k, easy.

chessnut

I'm at the butcher on inferno, but I need some help killing him. Anyone wanna help? I have 10 minutes until my neph runs out, bt is soundmoney#1537

edit: nah NA :x

zlatko

Banned
I need to start just saving up $ from now(55) until I hit 60 so then I can just buy some decent 60 gear in order to farm Inferno Act 1.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My DH simply cannot deal with any Inferno elite/champ mobs. Back to Hell.

Started an HC DH for fun...So far, so good. Definitely crazy knowing that ANY slips could be your death!

Im starting to enjoy the gear game from nightmare. normal mode was just whatever gave you the most damage, now I'm trying to balance survivability, and the group enchanted mobs are starting to get challenging. And im constantly switching up my Monk abilities to try and find a balance between survivability and looking like a complete badass. Part of me doesn't think seven sided strike does enough damage, but another part of me realises its a brief invulverability and it looks amazing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Right now, there’s a lot more damage “spikiness” occurring than feels right, and that’s one major area we’re looking to adjust in patch 1.0.3.
Good
There's a good chance that returning to the previous Act to farm upgrades will do the most to help you survive. That said, we’d like to shift some of the focus away from survival and more toward using a variety of offensive tactics to succeed.
Good
To correct these issues, we’re looking to adjust the Blacksmith costs for training (gold and pages) and crafting from levels 1-59, and reduce the cost of combining gems so that it only requires two gems instead of three (up to Flawless Square). Both of these changes are scheduled for patch 1.0.3.
Good
First and foremost, Legendary items are not designed to necessarily be the best items in the game. They’re just one additional type of item as you level up, and they are not meant to be the primary items you’re chasing at the end-game.
Problem is they are entirely uninteresting as well as shitty.

Nothing gives sweet ass unique bonuses. It's all just shitty percentages here and there.

TheExodu5

Banned
From what I can tell, the going rate of gold:fg right now is about 1 million = 2,200fg.

3,075fg is $100. That means an item like that bow is worth about $70. :eek:

There was a bow on jsp currently sitting at 15 million yesterday. That's worth over $1000. D:

KKRT00

I think that alright, absolutely. As long as we're talking about magic and rare weapons at least. Those are supposed to be completely random in their stats.

So even if you get a weapon on inferno, it should be possible for that weapon to have shitty affixes that simply match horribly and makes for a shit item that no one wants, that's how diablo have always been, and should always be.

The game would be boring if every item you found was useful.

Random loot is random. I'm not saying you have to like it, but if you don't like it, you certainly couldn't have liked Diablo 2, where level 1 cracked sashes dropped all the way through to Hell Baal.

Yep, I love when people are defending broken mechanics. Those are like 80% of drops and inferior quality grey weapons drops with higher dps then that!.
No, its not ok to drop weapons on highest difficulties that could drop in Nightmare, especially not commonly.
There shouldnt even be any items with level requirements below 60.

And nothing below 600 dps is useful on Inferno [and thats only for act 1], so i dont mind 400 dps drops, at least they are something You should expect, but 150?

---
To correct these issues, we’re looking to adjust the Blacksmith costs for training (gold and pages) and crafting from levels 1-59, and reduce the cost of combining gems so that it only requires two gems instead of three (up to Flawless Square). Both of these changes are scheduled for patch 1.0.3.

Completely meaningless change for default mode, but can be useful for HC.

Neki

Yep, I love when people are defending broken mechanics. Those are like 80% of drops and inferior quality grey weapons drops with higher dps then that!.
No, its not ok to drop weapons on highest difficulties that could drop in Nightmare, especially not commonly.
There shouldnt even be any items with level requirements below 60.

And nothing below 600 dps is useful on Inferno [and thats only for act 1], so i dont mind 400 dps drops, at least they are something You should expect, but 150?

---

Completely meaningless change for default mode, but can be useful for HC.

people want a sequel to diablo 2 though! need those loot mechanics!

also, fast ways to get a character to 60? I know some people getting to 60 in under 12 hours. D:

LogicStep

So can anyone tell me what's so special about Smoke Screen? I'm running Slow trap, Vault, Prep, and Mark of Death. Main attacks are Bola and Elemental. I find vault to be really damn useful and prep is really needed most of the time, can't live without the slow trap. That leaves Mark to be dropped for SS but it costs so much to use and lasts so little I just don't see the point. Am I missing something?

windz

are you in Inferno?

If so, I was in your position a few days ago. I can tell you directly that you can't do enough DPS damage to stay relevant in the fight. I assume you can't even make it to part 2 of that fight with 22k dps and 32k hp.

I just picked up a weapon that boosted my dps to 51,000. I haven't tried Belial again yet, but hopefully I'll get closer to beating him now. Or, at least getting to the second part of that fight. even then, I'm not sure how I'll survive. Others on GAF with similar DPS are also stuck on him.

I did Inferno Belial with 22k dps, 30k hp, and 350-400 resist all. It is definitely doable. Just need the right skills/passives.

mr.rager

So can anyone tell me what's so special about Smoke Screen? I'm running Slow trap, Vault, Prep, and Mark of Death. Main attacks are Bola and Elemental. I find vault to be really damn useful and prep is really needed most of the time, can't live without the slow trap. That leaves Mark to be dropped for SS but it costs so much to use and lasts so little I just don't see the point. Am I missing something?

You take no damage at all while using SS. Also breaks CC which is amazing against jailer packs.

Dakota47

acaOT3 still spoilering? =/

There are fairly frequent posts with people that aren't through the game on normal yet, it's only fair.

Yup, like me for example. Still on Act 2. :-( I wish I could play more but irl is making it neigh impossible. At least I can still go into this thread every once and a while without being afraid of the story being spoiled. A big thank you to everyone out there using tags. It's much appreciated.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im having trouble on normal mode with diablo.

this does not bode well for me for the rest of the game. i dont think i can kill diablo without some major leveling and/or help

Vodh

Where am I supposed to find my guest passes? I bought a CE and I've found everything, including guest passes to WoW trial account (yeah, pretty damn useful....) and D2+LoD but I swear I don't know where the guest passes to D3 are supposed to be... And I sure could use one now for one of my buddies, damn...

Also, just in case I'm screwed and my CE didn't come with a guest pass, any gaffer would be so kind as to share one with me?

PARANO1A

Having a rough time in Nightmare Act III with my WD.

merJD.png

(I've got 9039 HP.)

Do my stats suck or am I just bad at WD?

Your stats aren't great. I just beat Skeleton King on Nightmare for the first time with 1350 damage and about 1500 armour at level 34 with my WD. Try hitting up the auction house for int primarily and vit secondary.

mr2xxx

Banned
Just got to Act II Inferno without much of a problem. I thought hey these guys whining about Act II didn't have the right gear it'll be easier for me since I have at least 700 resist all. yeahh that didn't last long.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Are people actually clicking their skills? I don't understand how you could move your skills otherwise. Seems so inefficient compared to pressing the keys. Almost as bad as keyboard turning in wow.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
went from 18~ resistance to 300~ resistance and now I can take 2 more hits in inferno before dying woooohooo!

The plus is, now my unbuffed dps has gone from 25k to 7k and hp from 45k to 35k.

I might as well make a new char.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
From what I can tell, the going rate of gold:fg right now is about 1 million = 2,200
1 mil to 2k and dropping daily.
Breaks root. Drop Mark of Death to not die to bullshit. More escape/slow/stun all you need.
Just got to Act II Inferno without much of a problem. I thought hey these guys whining about Act II didn't have the right gear it'll be easier for me since I have at least 700 resist all. yeahh that didn't last long.

yao-ming-meme.jpg
Welcome.

Dakota47

Are people actually clicking their skills? I don't understand how you could move your skills otherwise. Seems so inefficient compared to pressing the keys. Almost as bad as keyboard turning in wow.

Someone earlier suggested to set the 1,2,3,4 hotkeys to a,s,d,f. Works like a charm for me. Haven't clicked once, and I was a clicker when playing WoW.

PARANO1A

I'm about to roll an alt given servers will no doubt be down tonight. I have a WD and I'm looking for a class that will be heaps of fun with a bit more survivability. Don't want to roll a boring class where the skills are more functional than amazingly impressive. DH, Barb or monk? I'm leaning barb but haven't seen any of their play style yet.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom