• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

Someone earlier suggested to set the 1,2,3,4 hotkeys to a,s,d,f. Works like a charm for me. Haven't clicked once, and I was a clicker when playing WoW.

Personally I prefer q,w,e,r, and c for character stop. Moved potions to mouse-4 and never looked back since.

I did Inferno Belial with 22k dps, 30k hp, and 350-400 resist all. It is definitely doable. Just need the right skills/passives.

400 resist all must have been the key for you. I'll see how I can stack more resist. I'm reluctant to start breaking up my offensive output, as I'm doing 51k damage. I have no reason to believe it won't be enough; I haven't tried it yet. But if I can't get through him again tonight, I'll go ahead and start selling my stuff in favor of resist stuff. (or farm long enough to be able to afford new stuff while keeping the old stuff. idk.)

Ploid 3.0

After playing the game for a while, would you guys buy something off of the RMT AH? That special something to give you just what you need to survive better in inferno. Something that will let you kill pesky elites faster. Something that makes your blacksmith awesome at crafting.

zlatko

Banned
What's the quickest way to level a fresh character from level 1? I want to mess around with a demon hunter tonight, but I'm not sure how I can just breeze through normal and such. Do I just make sure to open my game to public, skip cutscenes(obvious one here), and then buy some socketed gear level 10+?

Won

Are people actually clicking their skills? I don't understand how you could move your skills otherwise. Seems so inefficient compared to pressing the keys. Almost as bad as keyboard turning in wow.

No, but you still can accidently click too low on the screen to move around during the action and then a skill, and the Valor buff, is gone pretty fast.

Dahbomb

So can anyone tell me what's so special about Smoke Screen? I'm running Slow trap, Vault, Prep, and Mark of Death. Main attacks are Bola and Elemental. I find vault to be really damn useful and prep is really needed most of the time, can't live without the slow trap. That leaves Mark to be dropped for SS but it costs so much to use and lasts so little I just don't see the point. Am I missing something?
Smoke Screen disjoints stuns and disables. So if you get stuck in a jailer or get hooked in by Butcher into stun, you can easily get out of that. It's basically a couple seconds of invincibility and you can get that with Shadow Power too.

SS also stops aggro on mobs, it basically takes you out of the game for a couple seconds.

The advantage of Vault is that it goes through mobs, doesn't take as much Discipline and if you are doing speed runs it will get you from point A to point B faster. The big disadvantage of Vault is the start up lag on it which I hope they tone down, it gets pretty bad online sometimes with it. Choosing one of them is a matter of preference, I like SS although for the majority of Normal and NM I used Vault.

MrDaravon

Probably a stupid question; is there any way in the AH to search by +x damage? I'm trying to find a ring for example, I have one right now that's +3-6 damage that I'd like to replace but can't seem to find that dropdown, am I missing something stupid?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Are people actually clicking their skills? I don't understand how you could move your skills otherwise. Seems so inefficient compared to pressing the keys. Almost as bad as keyboard turning in wow.

If you're playing a ranged class you gotta keep moving around. Sometimes that means you gotta move south and sometimes that means you accidentally click and drag a skill out of its spot.

Smoke Screen disjoints stuns and disables. So if you get stuck in a jailer or get hooked in by Butcher into stun, you can easily get out of that. It's basically a couple seconds of invincibility and you can get that with Shadow Power too.

SS also stops aggro on mobs, it basically takes you out of the game for a couple seconds.
You mean one second :\

windz

400 resist all must have been the key for you. I'll see how I can stack more resist. I'm reluctant to start breaking up my offensive output, as I'm doing 51k damage. I have no reason to believe it won't be enough; I haven't tried it yet. But if I can't get through him again tonight, I'll go ahead and start selling my stuff in favor of resist stuff. (or farm long enough to be able to afford new stuff while keeping the old stuff. idk.)

Yeah, I had Blur/Illusionist/Galvanizing Ward for my passives, and mirror image - duplicates and would pop that like crazy(almost every time it was up). My DPS ideally would have been at 35k, but I sacrified a lot of DPS for survivability... (and a lot of gold - nearly 1.5 mill XD). Int/vit/resist gear is expensive.

It took a bunch of tries, but even if you suffer a 15-20k dps loss but get those resists up there I believe you can do it. Don't get hit by the double arm smash in phase 3, it 1 shots you no matter what lol. And don't get hit by a single poison pool explosion - 1 shot as well :(.

s7evn

Any monks builds that work well solo? I've been going with a friend on hell and have taken up the role as tank/healer with this at level 56 or 57.

I fell into the role with my friend who plays DH and I'm enjoying the teamwork it provides us. He sits back and unleashes his high dps while I sit and do a little bit of damage and soak up the damage. We managed to down Beliel in 3 tries on hell (3rd times the charm :p). I literally had to revive him 3 or 4 times in a row during the fight though lol.

I've been messing around with overawe and I'm not sure if it's better than receiving the heal over time. Any ideas?

Dahbomb

so it's 2 seconds then, rofl.
Yeah 2 seconds is enough to get you out of trouble if you are playing smart. It's more of a CC breaker though and for that it's worth it alone.

Also you can use Evasive fire for a ghetto Vault. Sort of...

Is it too much to ask to get ONE drop that is better than what I'm currently using? I'm level 57 and still have level ~45 gear for shitssakes.

First rare drop on Inferno farming. Wish it had Dex!

RSNly.jpg
wanted to return to this. I looked it up on the AH just to see and sure enough, there are few bows on the AH with 900+ dps and that much int and vit. there just aren't many of them. It very well could be in the 500k+ range. But the thing is...it's hard to really say because the other weapons with similar stats simply aren't selling. whether they're 200k or 2 million, they've been on the auction block for quite awhile and no action. it's hard to get a sense of pricing when nobody is jumping to buy.

The issue--as I mentioned before--is that the dps is low. A lot of people would simply rather have a Magical 1200dps 2h weapon with no meaningful stats for a million than something a little more unique and nuanced like this.

That said, I think $400k-$500k presents an interesting option for Wizards who have money to spend at the start of level 60 and aren't quite to Act 2 of Inferno, where more DPS feels needed. Still, at 949 dps, it's competing with 1000+ dps Magical weapons that are selling for 150k-250k. Some might value the bonuses on this weapon at 250k over a 1000dps magical 2h, but many probably won't.

Either way good luck selling it at whatever price you decide on. Very hard weapon to price because of all of the aforementioned factors.

Yeah, I had Blur/Illusionist/Galvanizing Ward for my passives, and mirror image - duplicates and would pop that like crazy(almost every time it was up). My DPS ideally would have been at 35k, but I sacrified a lot of DPS for survivability... (and a lot of gold - nearly 1.5 mill XD). Int/vit/resist gear is expensive.

It took a bunch of tries, but even if you suffer a 15-20k dps loss but get those resists up there I believe you can do it. Don't get hit by the double arm smash in phase 3, it 1 shots you no matter what lol. And don't get hit by a single poison pool explosion - 1 shot as well :(.
noted. thanks for the tips! I may practice my arm dodging on Hell Belial.

Is it too much to ask to get ONE drop that is better than what I'm currently using? I'm level 57 and still have level ~45 gear for shitssakes.

That's kind of the position I'm in and I don't have the money to buy it on the Auction House. Level 60 with mid/high 40's and some 50's gear.

Ploid 3.0

Personally I prefer q,w,e,r, and c for character stop. Moved potions to mouse-4 and never looked back since.

I did this because Path of Exile sold me on it (awesome game btw).

---

I had 400+ resist all for my WD, then I went to act 2 and saw how crazy everything is. Though I didn't enter it with my tankable WD but my dd set but I still had 400s. Selling the gloves I found that took me to 400, turns out they are probably worth a lot.

Current stats without the gloves.
6addd2913bb801def431353a79a2bd86a65c60d4.jpg

2b1af9b1b76c76d71190a1c3bd9515c124d59d1c.jpg

Gotchaye

I sort of gave up on the Inferno Act 2 boss a few days back, but looking at all this talk about the value of resists I'm wondering when the +40% resists Energy Armor rune becomes worthwhile compared to Force Armor. Force Armor is definitely useful when you have 200 resists, where the resists are giving you 40% DR against mlvl 62. At 400 resists, like people are talking about here, you've got 56% DR. With the 40% boost, that's 64% DR, so the rune is protecting you from about 20% of the damage you'd otherwise be taking. That's going to limit out to about 28.5% extra protection, and obviously at some point it becomes preferred vs Force Armor for most things just because the damage reduction provided by the non-boosted resists limits to 100%, but perhaps single large blows doing 50%+ of HP are always the major threat in practice.

Yeppers

wanted to return to this. I looked it up on the AH just to see and sure enough, there are few bows on the AH with 900+ dps and that much int and vit. there just aren't. It very well could be in the 500k+ range. But the thing is...it's hard to really say because the other weapons with similar stats simply aren't selling. whether they're 200k or 2 million, they've been on the auction block for quite awhile and no action. it's hard to get a sense of pricing when nobody is jumping to buy.

The issue--as I mentioned before--is that the dps is low. A lot of people would simply rather have a Magical 1200dps 2h weapon with no meaningful stats for a million than something a little more unique and nuanced like this.

That said, I think $400k-$500k presents an interesting option for Wizards who have money to spend at the start of level 60 and aren't quite to Act 2 of Inferno, where more DPS feels needed. Still, at 949 dps, it's competing with 1000+ dps Magical weapons that are selling for 150k-250k. Some might value the bonuses on this weapon at 250k over a 1000dps magical 2h, but many probably won't.

Either way good luck selling it at whatever price you decide on. Very hard weapon to price because of all of the aforementioned factors.

noted. thanks for the tips! I may practice my arm dodging on Hell Belial.

You are looking at the bow as a wizard weapon. It is a DH weapon with that crit damage and vit. It will out dps most blue 1030-1070 xbows (which cost alot more) thanks to the crit boost. I could easily see someone picking it up for 800k, but personally I would price it around 600k as I like to see stuff sell fast.

i hate this game, forever fail on Act 2 big boss =(. I think i'm tired of all the different levels. I'm ready for the expansion.

also would rather play game with controller hands are cramped to hell

i hate this game, forever fail on Act 2 big boss =(. I think i'm tired of all the different levels. I'm ready for the expansion.

also would rather play game with controller hands are cramped to hell

That boss was annoying but once you get to know his pattern it's a lot easier...beat him 1st try in hell.

Draft

So I was just alerted to the fact that Azmodan says this in his beginning-of-act-3 custscene:

Speaking to Leah: one by one OUR bretheren fell in to your trap....

I think this is coincidental, as Blizzard's writing staff does not seem otherwise clever enough to lay out this sort of foreshadowing.
I thought it was very clear (in hindsight) that during the Act III CG intro Azmodan is
talking to Diablo, not Leah.

Blizzard is cheesy, not incompetent.

Gotchaye

Speaking of a high-defense strategy, I think that at some point the best Wizard build for plowing through Act 1 and maybe even Act 2 will involve Archon, since the extra DR from that limits out to a crazy-high 49%. Even if you're already running Energy Armor with +40% resists Archon still limits out to 38% (I think).

zlatko

Banned
When I played last night with my ~6KDPS for Monk I barely scratch shit, but the DH's and WD's in my group just obliterated shit. It was fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked up.

You are looking at the bow as a wizard weapon. It is a DH weapon with that crit damage and vit. It will out dps most blue 1030-1070 xbows (which cost alot more) thanks to the crit boost. I could easily see someone picking it up for 800k, but personally I would price it around 600k as I like to see stuff sell fast.

Looking again, and you know what? I agree.

I'm now seeing some that have sold recently with less impressive stats 1 million. A lot of the ones moving have a lot of Dex on them, but w/e. goldensun, I'd price it at a little over 1 million and see what happens. maybe 1,200,000?

Wallach

Just read today's post from their front page. Liked pretty much everything I read in it up until the part about legendaries being buffed, but not retroactively. That's pretty shit. They basically took another giant shit on the legendary market until this patch now happens. Way to make finding these things even less exciting - now you can be dead sure these items are useless.

Just read today's post from their front page. Liked pretty much everything I read in it up until the part about legendaries being buffed, but not retroactively. That's pretty shit. They basically took another giant shit on the legendary market until this patch now happens. Way to make finding these things even less exciting - now you can be dead sure these items are useless.

well, unless you find something like Stormshield.

Torraz

Just got to Inferno (gear is way too bad) and every time I join a game people only do dank cellar and the blacksmiths wife and 99 out of 100 times everyone leaves. Is this normal? Are these the best places to farm very early inferno?

Varna

What's the deal with Monks being able to equip so many different kind of weapons but none of the attack animations reflect it?

Wallach

well, unless you find something like Stormshield.

Yeah, I mean unless you find one of the actual few awesome legendaries, the market's going to be gone for these things in a few weeks once this knowledge spreads through the player base. Honestly I'd suggest people dump their legendaries now if they're mid-tier or lower in the market.

Gotchaye

Just got to Inferno (gear is way too bad) and every time I join a game people only do dank cellar and the blacksmiths wife and 99 out of 100 times everyone leaves. Is this normal? Are these the best places to farm very early inferno?

I don't know about public games, but what's going on here is that unique enemies (with specific names and titles and affixes determined by Blizzard) are much weaker than typical elite packs in Inferno, but they have the same drops (although they don't give valor buffs).

After playing the game for a while, would you guys buy something off of the RMT AH? That special something to give you just what you need to survive better in inferno. Something that will let you kill pesky elites faster. Something that makes your blacksmith awesome at crafting.

No, I wouldn't even start. Knowing me, I'd probably spend close to a thousand dollars in the RMAH.

squidyj

no i never click but i'm trying to target the edge of the screen or something to click movement or drop a hydra or teleport.

Totakeke

Someone give me an appraisal on the price of this shield as I have no clue. AH seems to tell me it might worth a 300-500k but I kinda doubt it?

sUmqY.png

Guys, guys, I took a bet since that particular combination of stats is extremely rare, put it on AH for 800k buyout and it sold! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom