• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

I sold my legendary helm for a good price today, not because of the news (just recently heard about it). I guess people are still buying.

Thrakier

So I hit a brick wall in Hell Act II where you go after the blood and other stuff ot that guy, you know who. My barb can't do shit there. What would be the best way to go on now? AH? Or farm? Which levels would be the best to farm?

Just finisher my normal playthrough. Enjoyable is what I can say for it. Problem is that my friends kinda played about 20 hours/day the first week so I have to get to 60 to have any hope of joining them.

I really don't know if I will make it. I never was a huge Diablo fan. At least I got the game for almost half price from amazon.co.uk so I am ok with my investment even if never get to play with them :p

Just finisher my normal playthrough. Enjoyable is what I can say for it. Problem is that my friends kinda played about 20 hours/day the first week so I have to get to 60 to have any hope of joining them.

I really don't know if I will make it. I never was a huge Diablo fan. At least I got the game for almost half price from amazon.co.uk so I am ok with my investment even if never get to play with them :p

They don't reroll ?
My friends are level 60 too. But they only have one character.

I have three. It's way more fun. I can join them, do some other stuff, level with friends begining...

So I hit a brick wall in Hell Act II where you go after the blood and other stuff ot that guy, you know who. My barb can't do shit there. What would be the best way to go on now? AH? Or farm? Which levels would be the best to farm?

Farm Act I. And yea, the AH is pretty much your only hope. Or other trading forums.

fucking finally
yea. Won't affect Legendaries that have already been found, though. Just new ones.

nomster

Your stats aren't great. I just beat Skeleton King on Nightmare for the first time with 1350 damage and about 1500 armour at level 34 with my WD. Try hitting up the auction house for int primarily and vit secondary.

That seems ridiculously high, my unbuffed damage was about 400 for nightmare skeleton king and I didn't have any problems. WD using harvest, haunt, splinters and dire bats with a gargantuan. I'm trying to avoid the AH until at least Hell though.

To the guy who originally asked the question - your vit does seem low, mine is 450 in Act I nightmare. It's more or less balanced with my int.

They don't reroll ?
My friends are level 60 too. But they only have one character.

I have three. It's way more fun. I can join them, do some other stuff, level with friends begining...

Yeah, they rerolled, but they are 50 with their alts by now...

I really need to present them to some girls :D

Opiate

Yep, I love when people are defending broken mechanics. Those are like 80% of drops and inferior quality grey weapons drops with higher dps then that!.
No, its not ok to drop weapons on highest difficulties that could drop in Nightmare, especially not commonly.
There shouldnt even be any items with level requirements below 60.

And nothing below 600 dps is useful on Inferno [and thats only for act 1], so i dont mind 400 dps drops, at least they are something You should expect, but 150?

---

It sounds like Diablo might not be for you. This is akin to complaining that Mario is too linear, or that Elder Scrolls is too open; these are deliberate, fundamental design decisions, and drawbacks are inherent to any decision.

In this case, Diablo is very random, by design. Apparently that randomness bothers you, at least in some cases; I personally like it. Perhaps a less random game might be better for you. I do not mean this in a snide manner; I mean this in the same way I would recommend a more linear RPG to someone complaining about Elder Scrolls being too open with too disjointed a story.

Thrakier

Farm Act I. And yea, the AH is pretty much your only hope. Or other trading forums.

yea. Won't affect Legendaries that have already been found, though. Just new ones.

Man that sucks....it's almost like Blizz designed the game so that people have to use the AH. Really takes the fun out of it. :(

Man that sucks....it's almost like Blizz designed the game so that people have to use the AH. Really takes the fun out of it. :(
I mean, any Diablo game is designed around a trading end game. We're you expecting to do no trades end game? You can get through normal and nightmare and, depending on luck, hell as well without trading, but Inferno is another matter.

Wedge7

Just making sure you know that you can't get any gold this way.

Lol, is this honestly true?

To be perfectly honest, I just assumed it could be done, I've never actually traded anything in game, I normally just drop shit on the ground for friends. Unless your just fucking around.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am having a bitch of a time finding the Black Mushrooms in the Cathedral level one and getting Izual to drop the recipe for the staff of herding.

Wallach

There is a trade window? haha, wow. I feel really dumb now.
:(

but doesn't that mean people can circumvent the RMAH?

Sure, people could circumvent the RMAH. But you'll be dealing with the shadiest of the shady if it isn't someone you know, and Blizzard won't give a fuck if you get ripped off. Anything that passes through trade windows is donezo as far as they're concerned.

The Hermit

Only if you don't like your Witch Doctor, why?

I dunno, I struggle too much with him... I can't find a build that pleases me yet. Monk on the other hand its just click and win, and he has a lot of very useful skills.

But reading some WD builds, apparently he gets much stronger later...

smr00

Banned
Sure, people could circumvent the RMAH. But you'll be dealing with the shadiest of the shady if it isn't someone you know, and Blizzard won't give a fuck if you get ripped off. Anything that passes through trade windows is donezo as far as they're concerned.
Sites are already doing that by selling gold/items.

Oddly enough i would trust some of those sites over random people in-game, i know many people who still buy gold for WOW off those sites.

elfinke

I hate 10 auction limit with a PASSION!

Oh man. Worst thing EVER.

I'm awfully glad for it, for two reasons.

One is that there is eleventymillion fucking things on there already. If people could list more than 10 things each on there at a time now, it would be an even bigger disaster than it is already. This problem (if it even is one), would be mitigated by a better filtering system, but alas, in it's current state I'm glad for this listing limit.

Two, it means players are forced to make some choices about what they're selling, thereby adding an element of meta gaming to each individuals stash and bag. The player is made to ask themselves, "Is it worth hoarding these things that might sell for <$50k, or should I just vendor/salvage them"? As a result, we see high level players forced to set an arbitrary cut off, whereby they only try to AH items that have realistic chances of selling for $100k (or whatever) plus.

Finished act 3 killing the last 2 bosses with 5 stacks, woo. Got pretty lucky with not encountering an invulnerable set of mobs or Soul Ripper packs from Tower of the Damned level 2 through the end. No drops for me, but a few decent rares that will hopefully sell.

Iskatu was.. interesting. Looked completely ridiculous at first, but switching to Custom Engineering and sticking myself in a corner with Caltrops and Valley of Death kept the minions at bay. Then just melted Iskatu when he showed up.

Rakanoth was a really short fight, but amusingly, the attempt I killed him anything that could go wrong did, I just managed to hit some miraculous RNG and dodge everything. Shitty loot though, with only 3 stacks.

Breached Keep, though, has definitely been the most amazingly painful experience on Inferno so far.

Wallach

Sites are already doing that by selling gold/items.

Oddly enough i would trust some of those sites over random people in-game, i know many people who still buy gold for WOW off those sites.

Well, random people in-game you obviously would only trade with gold so they can't really rip you off. He's talking about real money transactions, and none of those sites are safe.

sleepykyo

Well at least 33 doesn't sound too bad now. Level 8 and 9 items, ouch!

I don't understand the torture of people attempting to play Inferno Mode past act 1 when we all know its currently busted and getting fixed. Start a new character until Blizzard patches the mode.

But their fixes are designed to make inferno harder, not easier. They aren't trying to bring everyone up to DH or Wizard level, but rather bring everyone done to melee level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom