• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gila

Is there any way of seeing what item of yours sold? Like input the order ID or name of the item somewhere to see the stats

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, I heard that life leech isn't as good in this game on the higher difficulties. Is that true? Life leech was essential for certain classes in Diablo II.

It sounds like Diablo might not be for you. This is akin to complaining that Mario is too linear, or that Elder Scrolls is too open; these are deliberate, fundamental design decisions, and drawbacks are inherent to any decision.

In this case, Diablo is very random, by design. Apparently that randomness bothers you, at least in some cases; I personally like it. Perhaps a less random game might be better for you. I do not mean this in a snide manner; I mean this in the same way I would recommend a more linear RPG to someone complaining about Elder Scrolls being too open with too disjointed a story.

It's funny because if it was like diablo 2 people would probably flip their shit the first time they got a level 3 rare in inferno off of butcher. We got it easy in diablo 3.

So, I heard that life leech isn't as good in this game on the higher difficulties. Is that true? Life leech was essential for certain classes in Diablo II.

Life on hit is the new life leech. Life on hit is only reduced by the specific skill modifier but %dmg converted to life is super reduced by the difficulty that you're in. I think it's something insane like 80% reduction in inferno.

Wallach

This is true, but it was true in Diablo 2 as well. It's just that there is a fourth difficulty so the penalty modifier goes down to 20% I think, whereas it only went down to 33% in Hell for D2.

Trickster

A question for anyone else that have been farming using mf gear. Can you feel a difference? My mf gear gives me more mf than 5 nephalem stacks supposedly does, but I can't really feel a big difference, if any, whether I have it on or not. Only thing that feels noticable for me is the valor stack.

Makes me think the nephalem valor buff adds much more mf than the stats show, or that mf gear simply doesn't work.

but that set bonus is probably the best in the game, at least that I've seen.

the resistance is nice on that bonus. I don't know if I'd trade more damage on a source for it, though. The damage is like half what you can get on other sources. :(

Is it worth selling legendaries on the AH for a gold or just salvage them for mats?
huh? sell for gold, man.

Sorry I meant to say to see the stats of the item that was just sold
ah. no, there is not.

I know Act 1 Inferno is nothing super hard, but I specced my WD so that he can "tank" there and it's working awesomely well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afXdUP!ZcU!ccYZcc

I also have 300+ for all my resistances, about 25k health and 10k dps. What REALLY helps is getting a 1H weapon with 400+ Life on Hit (much better than Life Steal) and a 25%+ block shield with nice stats instead of a mojo.

I go into the middle of a pack with Spirit Walk, pop my 3 other cooldowns (sometimes I use Horrify before going in there, I mainly want the Armor bonus and don't want them to run away) for VQ then spam Dire Bears and I've been able to stay in there easily, even with most elite packs. Bad Medicine and Jungle Fortitude also greatly help.

Also, I find Snake to the Face (best skill name ever?) greatly underrated and it's now my Mouse 1 skill of choice.

I know Act 1 Inferno is nothing super hard, but I specced my WD so that he can "tank" there and it's working awesomely well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afXdUP!ZcU!ccYZcc

I also have 300+ for all my resistances, about 25k health and 10k dps. What REALLY helps is getting a 1H weapon with 400+ Life on Hit (much better than Life Steal) and a 25%+ block shield with nice stats instead of a mojo.

I go into the middle of a pack with Spirit Walk, pop my 3 other cooldowns for VQ then spam Dire Bears and I've been able to stay in there easily, even with most elite packs.

Also, I find Snake to the Face (best skill name ever?) greatly underrated and it's now my Mouse 1 skill of choice.

Your Act II frustrations grow near. Prepare to join us!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So is farming Maghda in inferno worth it? I can kiiiiiiinda kill the elites at the beginning of the act to get my nephilim stack going, but it's a pain in the ass.

even if all i get is 75k?

Maybe I'm not sure what mats are, then. What are mats? Because all I can think of is Essense/Hoves/Tears. Shit that's like 100g each.

So is farming Maghda in inferno worth it? I can kiiiiiiinda kill the elites at the beginning of the act to get my nephilim stack going, but it's a pain in the ass.
farm the latest stage you can farm comfortably without dying over and over.

inky

Maybe I'm not sure what mats are, then. What are mats? Because all I can think of is Essense/Hoves/Tears. Shit that's like 100g each.

Yea, but breaking down legendaries give a mat called Fiery Brimstone which seems to be pretty rare. You can also get it from lvl 60 blues occasionally, but I'm guessing a legendary item guarantees you get it (?)

Ridli

How does Life% compare to resist to all? Hindsight says it's about 5 resist to all to 1%.

You can't really compare mitigation to health in a set amount that will be true for all situations. %life increases in value as you as more vit. +res all increases your eh in a way that will fluctuate from plateau to plateau, but also helps to make %life more valuable.

Dammit I need to make a spreadsheet.

DTKT

Fuckin shit.

Waller minion, invulnerable, fast.

Shield and Invulnerable need to be changed or removed. Both are extremly cheap affixes. Fuck that.

Got a couple question for you guys. I'm starting to gear up for Inferno and looking for deals on the AH. What exactly am I looking for in stats? From what I can tell resistances are the way to go, but I just wanna check before I start spending anything.

Also, does the "All Resistance" stat up your physical resistance, or will I have to purchase separate gear for that?

Got a couple question for you guys. I'm starting to gear up for Inferno and looking for deals on the AH.

What's your class? All resist is valuable, you can see how much damage is reduced by hovering over your stats. But don't forget armor and vitality.

To look for deals, basically only buy things that say '2d' or '1d23h' because if something has not sold after a certain amount of time, it's priced too high.

Raxus

Got a couple question for you guys. I'm starting to gear up for Inferno and looking for deals on the AH. What exactly am I looking for in stats? From what I can tell resistances are the way to go, but I just wanna check before I start spending anything.

Also, does the "All Resistance" stat up your physical resistance, or will I have to purchase separate gear for that?

Look for a good weapon with high DPS since you will be sacrificing that out the gate for cheap gear. The rest depends on your character. As a monk I geared for all resist as well as another resistance of my choice (all is one perk). For ideal I look for both resists, vitality, and dexterity in that order of priority.

lordy88

Yes it does. Physical resistance is included.

it's hard to decide on when to buy one combination vs another. shit.

int + vit? int + AS? vit + all resist? crit damage?

You buy one thing and you compromise something else. It makes my head hurt.

What's your class? All resist is valuable, you can see how much damage is reduced by hovering over your stats. But don't forget armor and vitality.

To look for deals, basically only buy things that say '2d' or '1d23h' because if something has not sold after a certain amount of time, it's priced too high.

I'm playing a wizard. I play with my friends who are a Barb and a Monk and they usually tank, so I don't get hit too often. Still, random mobs always seem to get away and beat on me though so I figure some sort of defensive stats will help.

Sgblues

Not gonna rage, not gonna rage, not gonna rage..........

OK I'm gonna rage!!!

minions with invulnerable shield, vortex, fast and jailer on inferno FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

kamspy

I've made it a point not to even try to play during peak hours. Lost too much stuff to disconnects. It really effects how I look and think about playing the game. Will I get kicked? Will I be stuck between 1 hour apart checkpoints? etc.

If there a way to sneak in a "quick save"? Shit killed me last night when my girl came over.

Kyoufu

so then would a monk be better off getting all resist gear instead of focusing on one element and the one with everything passive?

the monk would gain physical resist and free up a passive slot correct?

You could do that, but all resist gear is far more expensive.

I'm a Barb and even though I'm going for All Resist gear, my physical resist stat is still the highest. I think you'll end up using the passive no matter what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom