• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
so then would a monk be better off getting all resist gear instead of focusing on one element and the one with everything passive?

the monk would gain physical resist and free up a passive slot correct?
Stack them. I'm getting Phys Resist and All Resist together and using the passive to double stack. 35 Phys + 35 All = 70 All with Passive.

Cheaper to buy something like fire/arcane/poison, but I want to be able to free that slot if possible (If damage spikyness in Inferno is lowered).

Yeppers

what price would you pay for another skill slot?

Items can have all resist AND another specific resist. So a good item for a monk would have 40-70 all resist and another 20-50 in their chosen resist. This is why the passive is so good, it allows you to almost double the amount of all resist if you stack your items correctly.

eek5

3days.jpg

Yeah because I feel like spending 3 days killing something. If I can close the gap they're shielded, knocking me back, teleporting away, or just plain flying away faster than I can sprint. WHY

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
3days.jpg

Yeah because I feel like spending 3 days killing something. If I can close the gap they're shielded, knocking me back, teleporting away, or just plain flying away faster than I can sprint. WHY
Just hit Earthquake and Beserker you cheater

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Reminds me I need:
Attack speed (maxed)
Crit % (covered)
Life on hit (none)
Life per spirit spent (none)
Res All (half)
Phys Res (half)
Vit (Halfway there)
Dex (HAHAHAHA NOPE)

And an enemy to hit or I die in 1 second.

Wallach

Reminds me I need:
Attack speed (maxed)
Crit % (covered)
Life on hit (none)
Life per spirit spent (none)
Res All (half)
Phys Res (half)
Vit (Halfway there)
Dex (HAHAHAHA NOPE)

And an enemy to hit or I die in 1 second.

Have you found an IAS cap? My DH was at like 4/sec. Is it a multiple of base weapon speed?

Rufus

The Barbarian's Cleave with the explosive rune feels so great. Nice change of pace from my WD. Pull them all in with a stomp, then hit them till they explode. Really nice feedback on all of that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Have you found an IAS cap? My DH was at like 4/sec. Is it a multiple of base weapon speed?
Dagger with 24% attack speed
Rings with 15%
Ammy with 15%
Gloves with 15%

Barring legendaries I think that is all I can do. 2.92 actually loops funny. You get a better stun lock with FoT using 2.2-2.4 attack speed.

I've been switching two daggers that have 750dps. One is IAS, the other is +110 DEX/VIT.

Sophia

The Barbarian's Cleave with the explosive rune feels so great. Nice change of pace from my WD. Pull them all in with a stomp, then hit them till they explode. Really nice feedback on all of that.

Frenzy with Sidearm. You'll never look back.

eek5

Berserker is so good for inferno, it's not even funny. Wish I had any thing close to comparable as a DH.

Dude I go from 10k to 20k dps. You're like 40k dps all the time. ;_; Those 15 seconds are sweet but after that it takes me 20-30s to kill whites in A2 lol

Sophia

What by chance is your barb build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRiPk!VZb!acbaZb

If you're on Inferno and have the resist, Impurity can replace Invigorate.

Cleave is viable in hell too. I didn't switch to frenzy until the very end of Hell.

Cleave is viable, sure, but it's pretty meh. Frenzy with Sidearm is a heck a lot more powerful. Both of them are preferable to Bash (which just flat doesn't do good damage) and most of the secondaries.

Kyoufu

Frenzy is too good for Cleave to be considered "viable".

I mean, sure, you'll swing your weapon and hit some mobs at the same time, but Frenzy DPS is so much higher no matter what your weapon(s) of choice are, it's ridiculous.

Smite stunlock on big enemies is a great asset or Sidearm for more damage. You'll never look back.

Sophia

Do you just constantly hammer on your revenge hotkey?

Pretty much. Smack Frenzy, Smack Revenge when it's up. Ignore Pain + Berserker for Champions when you can get a good smack in.

With Berserker + Ignore Pain you'll be smacking for 25k+ on Hell, and be healing 20% of that. Plus Revenge's heals.

This setup relies in the fact that you either have a powerful enough two hander to finish them off before you die, or enough resist/defense to survive and finish them off after Ignore Pain is off.

Smite stunlock on big enemies is a great asset or Sidearm for more damage. You'll never look back.

I'm not sure if Smite stunlock is an indication of how powerful Frenzy is, or how weak all the secondaries are.

eek5

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRiPk!VZb!acbaZb

If you're on Inferno and have the resist, Impurity can replace Invigorate.

Cleave is viable, sure, but it's pretty meh. Frenzy with Sidearm is a heck a lot more powerful. Both of them are preferable to Bash (which just flat doesn't do good damage) and most of the secondaries.

Well in Hell you can get away with using cleave to generate fury off a large group of mobs, ground stomp to suction them all in then WW w/ 1 fury per hit to basically WW until everything is dead. It's way faster than frenzying groups. Plus you're likely not 60 so you can still switch to frenzy for bosses without stack penalties.

Sophia

Well in Hell you can get away with using cleave to generate fury off a large group of mobs, ground stomp to suction them all in then WW w/ 1 fury per hit to basically WW until everything is dead. It's way faster than frenzying groups. Plus you're likely not 60 so you can still switch to frenzy for bosses without stack penalties.

You don't need fury. All the secondary Fury spenders (except Seismic Slam, which has it's uses stunlocking) are largely garbage.

Teknoman

Is there any way to return to a previous Act location? I'm not seeing it on way points the way it used to be.

Also I wish your journal would pop up after gaining new quest info instead of just that small box on the right. Why? Because the journal seems to have alot of personal detail's from the character's point of view.

eek5

You don't need fury. All the secondary Fury spenders (except Seismic Slam, which has it's uses stunlocking) are largely garbage.

I'm talking specifically about generating fury quickly so that WW doesn't run out. If you start WW with less than 30 you'll run out but if you start at 50 you can finish off almost all groups before you run out since you're generating more while WW.

Again, I'm only talking about cleave in regards to Hell, NOT inferno.

geekamania

Neo Member
To the guy who originally asked the question - your vit does seem low, mine is 450 in Act I nightmare. It's more or less balanced with my int.

I lucked up & found a chest piece with a huge vit bonus just after asking that question. That and changing a couple of skills really helped out.

Much appreciated.

Sophia

I'm talking specifically about generating fury quickly so that WW doesn't run out. If you start WW with less than 30 you'll run out but if you start at 50 you can finish off almost all groups before you run out since you're generating more while WW.

Again, I'm only talking about cleave in regards to Hell, NOT inferno.

So am I. Cleave isn't any better just because it's Hell. It still pales to Frenzy.

You can take Cleave + Whirlwind and do what you suggest, but why bother? Frenzy w/sidearm + Berserker will let you take champion packs out in seconds.

Kyoufu

Why not just use Frenzy AND Whirlwind? Fury is not an issue. It's called War Cry, Ground Stomp etc.

And in Hell, you have access to Wind Shear rune so you can perma-Whirlwind in aoe situations.

Sophia

Why not just use Frenzy AND Whirlwind? Fury is not an issue. It's called War Cry, Ground Stomp etc.

And in Hell, you have access to Wind Shear rune so you can perma-Whirlwind in aoe situations.

Frenzy and Whirlwind is an option. I don't think it's as useful as having Earthquake or Battle Rage, but it does work.

Ilive1up

help me out here.

i've never played the diablo franchise, but i think i want to try this out.

thing is, i'm a mac user, so i don't really play games on my computer (minecraft, but that's it). i have a 2011 mac mini, i5, 2.3 ghz, 8gb ram, with an hd 3000. will this game run on low settings?

once i entered hell i just went full out lame spec barb. Full on right click bore fest and spam revenge like ADD rattled rat. It's only fun when i live through double champion mobs and have 100 duders wailing at me. Running away is for everyone else

KiKaL

Lame, looks like I got hacked : / just logged in and my character is completely stripped. Why is this happening to so many people? I just e-mailed Blizzard so hopefully they can roll back my character soon. Will this roll back all of my characters or just the one this happened to? Curious if I can play on another character or need to hold off.

SUPARSTARX

I don't find whirlwind useful in inferno. It's not even about the fury shortage it may possess, but vulnerability. You whirl too close, you get slapped hard. It's really gear dependent.

Sophia

Lame, looks like I got hacked : / just logged in and my character is completely stripped. Why is this happening to so many people? I just e-mailed Blizzard so hopefully they can roll back my character soon. Will this roll back all of my characters or just the one this happened to? Curious if I can play on another character or need to hold off.

That sucks. :(

You can play on another realm while they rollback the characters. And make sure you get an authenticator, even if it's the third party windows one.

I don't find whirlwind useful in inferno. It's not even about the fury shortage it may possess, but vulnerability. You whirl too close, you get slapped hard. It's really gear dependent.

Yup. That's the problem with whirlwind.... and for that matter, all the Barb secondaries except Seismic Slam.

Finaika

help me out here.

i've never played the diablo franchise, but i think i want to try this out.

thing is, i'm a mac user, so i don't really play games on my computer (minecraft, but that's it). i have a 2011 mac mini, i5, 2.3 ghz, 8gb ram, with an hd 3000. will this game run on low settings?

Blizzard games will run on anything.

LiK

quick, do you use an Authenticator?

LordCanti

It's happening because it's lucrative. People steal your crap, sell it, and make money without anyone ever coming down on them.

This is why "get an authenticator" is in the thread title =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom