• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I don't find whirlwind useful in inferno. It's not even about the fury shortage it may possess, but vulnerability. You whirl too close, you get slapped hard. It's really gear dependent.

It's not an option on Inferno tbh. As you say, you get slapped hard when spinning. Plus there is no need to Whirlwind Elite packs or Bosses.

KiKaL

quick, do you use an Authenticator?

Nope : / I never really expected this to be an issue. I mean I don't even have anything special just a level 40. I thought my password was somewhat secure being a made up word and numbers.

Sophia

I fully expect Frenzy w/Sidearm to get nerfed in 1.0.3. It's just too powerful when it has a 1/4 chance of whacking almost every other enemy you're fighting for full weapon damage.

Nope : / I never really expected this to be an issue. I mean I don't even have anything special just a level 40. I thought my password was somewhat secure being a made up word and numbers.

You're past normal, your account is a good target. Always have an authenticator of some sort. Do you play WoW? It's possible your account and password information were obtained some time ago, and they were just waiting to do a sweep with the launch of Diablo 3.

No seriously, if anyone is having framerate problems on a system that should be able to handle the game (for me, i5-2500k, 460 gt, 8gb ram), you should try forcing vsync through Nvidia controller.

I guess the ingame vsync sends everything down to 30 fps if it isn't attaining 60fps. With the nvidia driver vsync, I get 58 to 60 normally in similar situations

Sophia

Hmm, 5k isn't too low for Maghda, at least not for a Barb. However, I don't know much about Witch Doctor DPS to know if that's low or not.

SUPARSTARX

It's not an option on Inferno tbh. As you say, you get slapped hard when spinning. Plus there is no need to Whirlwind Elite packs or Bosses.
Yeah. The only problem I see with barbarians so far is they got a small set of really good skills and the rest is very limited and situational or just not viable later on. I hope to play wacky builds in inferno, but if they don't do much about barbarian stuff, inferno specs will probably set some sort of precedence.

Sophia

Yeah. The only problem I see with barbarians so far is they got a small set of really good skills and the rest is very limited and situational or just not viable later on. I hope to play wacky builds in inferno, but if they don't do much about barbarian stuff, inferno specs will probably set some sort of precedence.

At least a third of all Barbarian skills and runes are all complete and total garbage. Beyond useless, even. >.<;

If I equip a wand and source on my wizard, does she get an attack speed bonus out of it? I'm thinking of a Prodigy based build that would enable me to spam a lot of arcane orbs.

Rufus

Hmm, 5k isn't too low for Maghda, at least not for a Barb. However, I don't know much about Witch Doctor DPS to know if that's low or not.
I'm at around 5k as well on my WD and damage isn't much of an issue. Applying it without dying is the problem.

Teknoman

Do you eventually get access to previous act areas again? I dunno if i'll be able to afford
Wirt's
bell before we're finished with this act.

IJoel

I've spent more time today braving the AH waters than playing the game, to find that great deal to ramp up dps, health, and armor. I've gone from a dps of 2.5k to 4.2k with probably 60-70k gold (level 47 at the moment). Fun times.

My big complaint about the loot is that 90% of the drops seem to be more than a few levels below the current character level (I suppose it may be fixed per difficulty).

Teknoman

You can go back at any time by changing the quest before you resume your game. You can pretty much jump in anywhere.

Ah gotcha. Thought it would have been via the waypoint system.

EDIT: Liking the soundtrack, but I really wish they wouldn't have gone with the majority of the tracks sounding ambient in nature. Diablo 3's been really fun for me so far, but hopefully I run into a really memorable boss or enemy type in Act 2 going forward. The
Butcher
being only one of many was cool, but i'm waiting to see something that is all Diablo 3's own.

Mr. Robot

Lame, looks like I got hacked : / just logged in and my character is completely stripped. Why is this happening to so many people? I just e-mailed Blizzard so hopefully they can roll back my character soon. Will this roll back all of my characters or just the one this happened to? Curious if I can play on another character or need to hold off.

That really sucks, but can Blizzard do the Steam thing? where you have to input a code that is sent to the account mail if you try to acces from another computer.

Zeliard

Exploding frogs is basically my favorite spell in the history of Diablo.

I wish Toad of Hugeness wasn't basically useless. Love that spell in concept, and visually. In execution, not so much.

I still don't understand why it can't swallow Elites/Champions if they can be chickenized with Hex.

Unicorn

Anyone have gold dyes? I want to look pimp as fuck. or perhaps lame as fuck. I have no idea what they actually look like on gear.

iirate

Someone earlier suggested to set the 1,2,3,4 hotkeys to a,s,d,f. Works like a charm for me. Haven't clicked once, and I was a clicker when playing WoW.

I know this sounds a touch strange, but I really like ADER. I keep potion on Q and stop move on shift, and I have move character on W while keeping my index finger floating. My friends all thought I was crazy when I told them, but it works really well for me.

Also, I'm using a pretty normal Deadly Reach + 4 survivability buttons + Conviction build in Inferno ATM, but I'm thinking of giving this insanity a try:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acgZiQ!YdU!ZZYcYZ

It's a transformer build that can swap between traditional +attack speed and life on hit dual wield stacking, and a daibo-based crit kiting build to fight shielding mobs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have room for the defensive toolkit of a typical inferno monk, so it has to be creative. First of all, I consider Serenity to be an absolutely mandatory button. Luckily for us, Tailwind Tempest Rush does everything else: it chases, it escapes, it stunlocks, and is a variable speed channeled heal. It drains spirit like crazy with attack speed, but doesn't need to be used a ton at close range, and this build has exceptional spirit gen anyways.

When you need to do heavy kiting, I switch to a Daibo (preferably with 4 cost off of Lashing Tail Kick), and swap out my life on hit/attack speed gear with crit/crit damage/spirit gen gear. Guardian's Path then switches from dodge to 25% increased spirit gen, and combines with the passive gen from my mantra and stacked sweeping winds to transform into a highly mobile and moderately tanky ranged kiting build.

Losing Sieze the Initiative for The Guardian's Path isn't a wonderful trade from a survivability standpoint, but this build really works transcendance unlike most others, thanks to a rapid channel Tempest Rush at close range, and the constant spirit gen and drain while kiting. Also, to those unfamiliar with Tempest Rush's properties, it ignores collision and knocks back even enemies that are typically immune, which is absolutely awesome from a lockdown and evasion standpoint.

I'm still messing around with different spirit generators at this point. I normally use Keen Eye Deadly Reach, and it's still on the table for this build, but I'm afraid that it'll simply be too slow to be useful in kiting mode, so I currently have Lightning Flash Fists of Thunder instead (the increased attack speed is amazing for leech, it locks down mobs, and makes me a little more tanky). If Deadly Reach ends up being boss anyways, then the additional damage from Foresight could be viable, as it would be a huge boon in kite mode.

I'd really like another button to spam in melee mode. Hand of Ytar may end up being sufficient, but I'm really used to Conviction ATM and the 3 second effect on Mantra of Healing is a definite downgrade.

BigDug13

i wish frogs were more reliable, they are fairly good but limited range and only like 1 frog ever hits.

Rain of frogs my friend. No animation time so you can spam them as fast as u can. They drop from the sky so it's nearly instant hit across the screen. Totally predictable since you're simply picking targets to drop. I assign it to something other than main mouse because I don't target mobs with it. I lead some, or I plop about 10 rains down on an area for only 300 mana.

No other frog compares IMO. I've tried them all. Frog rain for slow targets, leaping spider Zerg for highly mobile targets. My AS is at 2.1 attacks per second.

Also I like the passive "targets do 20% less damage for 3 seconds after poisoned". Helps everyone on the team. Between rain and poison gargantuan, I can keep pretty much everything debuffed.

KuroNeeko

Messing around with Witch Doctor in hardcore and am up to about level 11 right now. Having a lot of fun with Soul Harvest, Horror, Grasp and Spiders. One thing I'm getting a bit worried about is the apparent lack of an escape skill? My main is a wizard (lvl 30 - Act III) and with Mirror Image, Teleport, and Diamond Armor there isn't a lot I need to worry about.

I'm curious if you WD players out there are finding that you lack the tools to deal with Jailor types in the later difficulty levels. Right now, I've got Horror and that's about it. Not sure if I'll survive that long, but it should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom