• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

Yay Legendary #2!

iWc09szrRwMFN.jpg

Aww.....

Sophia

The fact that they use case insensitive passwords certainly doesnt help (not to mention that its fucking laughably stupid from a security standpoint)

Yeah I don't know why they don't use case sensitive passwords. Seems kinda stupid.

Switching away from account names and over to emails back at the start of Wrath was what caused a lot of this account hacking to become widespread too. Really stupid move all in the name of features nobody gave a fuck about.

I don't think they're going to go through the trouble to crack your key, though it is possible of course.

It's not a matter of "are they goign to crack your key", but a matter of "Oh hey, they're using WinAuth. Is their PC compromised enough to the point that a Man-in-the-middle attack is easy and fesable?" :p

eek5

auction house is addicting!

what's the best way to farm gold in Nightmare?

Act3/4 with 200% gold find probably

I've seen a guy doing a section of the cathedral in Act1 Inferno with 200% gold find, just smashing all the pots (there is a section with like 50+ pots or something) as well if your'e in Inferno

goober

Would anyone be so kind to direct me to solo barbarian builds? I'm level 60 right now in Act IV of hell. I have shitty equips, but I've been able to survive until now with them.

Currently using sword and shield. Excited to start Act 1 Inferno for farming.

BigDug13

I didn't even realize there were green items in this game. Level 55 now and I haven't seen one. In contrast, in D2, even in "normal" I got a couple of set drops...in Act friggin 1!!

zlatko

Banned
Made it to Act 3 Hell tonight. I'll try to bust through it tomorrow/day after, then it's just Act left for the weekend.

Level 56 at the moment as my Monk. I basically have to go at the game with co-op, because solo I don't get very far lol. Granted a LOT of people drop out of my games simply because they die too much while I'm left alive holding down the fort.

Rufus

what's the best way to farm gold in Nightmare?
Put on gold find gear and smash absolutely everything in the environment. Dunno if there's a place with a particularly high concentration of containers and such that you could break. Mobs are probably still your best bet.

LiK

I didn't even realize there were green items in this game. Level 55 now and I haven't seen one. In contrast, in D2, even in "normal" I got a couple of set drops...in Act friggin 1!!

yea, i didn't know until i checked out the Blizzard Official Game Guide on their site. you can see all the sets on their site.

LordCanti

Shadow Realm Diablo is lame as a delicate DH. Died a bunch of times, nearly all to the clone. Not too much I can do about it since she's ranged as well.

The clones are the most difficult part of that fight. Doing it in hell with a 4 man group, it was nearly impossible. A wizard clone kept throwing up Hydra, and that was it for the entire group.

When I did it solo, I just threw on discipline stuff when I knew it was about to happen, and then smoke screened my way through that section.

Rufus

It's not a matter of "are they goign to crack your key", but a matter of "Oh hey, they're using WinAuth. Is their PC compromised enough to the point that a Man-in-the-middle attack is easy and fesable?" :p
I guess, though if you're wide open to that point you're probably not using any form of authenticator anyway...

Sophia

I guess, though if you're wide open to that point you're probably not using any form of authenticator anyway...

Probably not. To be fair, if you're that far compromised not even a physical authenticator will completely stop them.

WinAuth will certainly protect form all other types of attacks, however.

BigDug13

The clones are the most difficult part of that fight. Doing it in hell with a 4 man group, it was nearly impossible. A wizard clone kept throwing up Hydra, and that was it for the entire group.

When I did it solo, I just threw on discipline stuff when I knew it was about to happen, and then smoke screened my way through that section.

I'm still debating on whether Hell is easier solo or in groups.

BigDug13

Anyone get the feeling that Diablo 3 is basically an MMORPG without a monthly fee and without the first M (massively)?

Yeah, especially with how unfinished a lot of things feel. Like an MMO, it turns out better if you wait a few months, maybe even close to a year for the content to come out before you even start playing. If you already reach max level with all 5 classes before the expansions come out and before itemization is fixed, more quests added, etc. What's left? Restart characters you've played before with expansions in place? Without skill trees, the experience won't be different at all. I guess if they add classes each time, that will do...then you end up with teams of 4 Druids for example which is kinda lame.

if I have 500 in poison resist with the monk skill "One With Everything" does that mean I have 500 in every resist in the game? just wanna make sure I'm reading that correctly.

BigDug13

I read about how many sweeping ability changes were made just in Beta. Like Corpse Spiders used to be a top tier ability to place a totem that spit a bunch of spiders out, then they changed it to summoning some kind of corpse that spit a bunch of spiders out, then instead they nerfed the damage, made it spammable, and a primary attack instead of a top tier AE.

I'm just wondering how many other complete ability changes we will experience in the coming months since this is Beta Test Phase 3.

Anyone get the feeling that Diablo 3 is basically an MMORPG without a monthly fee and without the first M (massively)?

I think most people don't realise that Diablo helped inspire a lot of the elements in most MMORPGs out now.

There's a little Diablo 2 in WoW, and a little WoW in Diablo 3. The cycle goes on and on.

LordCanti

I read about how many sweeping ability changes were made just in Beta. Like Corpse Spiders used to be a top tier ability to place a totem that spit a bunch of spiders out, then they changed it to summoning some kind of corpse that spit a bunch of spiders out, then instead they nerfed the damage, made it spammable, and a primary attack instead of a top tier AE.

I'm just wondering how many other complete ability changes we will experience in the coming months since this is Beta Test Phase 3.

Complete changes? None. Nerfs? Plenty.

My main problem with the game right now is that I'm not confident enough in them not nerfing stuff, to go ahead and spend any of my gold. If I buy +crit damage items and then they nerf the DH's massive damage on crit... I'd be screwed.

Teknoman

with relatively little content

I want to sell my 3 mil and be done with this game

Yeah, especially with how unfinished a lot of things feel. Like an MMO, it turns out better if you wait a few months, maybe even close to a year for the content to come out before you even start playing. If you already reach max level with all 5 classes before the expansions come out and before itemization is fixed, more quests added, etc. What's left? Restart characters you've played before with expansions in place? Without skill trees, the experience won't be different at all. I guess if they add classes each time, that will do...then you end up with teams of 4 Druids for example which is kinda lame.

Heh, thats pretty much how Diablo II was i'm sure. I wasnt part of any real online community back when DII hit aside from Gamefaqs, but i'm sure people blasted through the game on all difficulties, and then had to wait around for patches and expansions. Cant comment on skill tree affinity, since i'm indifferent there...and actually like the way D3's skills are set.

The game still ended up being one of the most replayed RPGs for most players...so it's probably good to just take a break. Not to mention according to some earlier posts in the OT, we should be expecting at least 2-3 expansions to the game?

Oh question about authentication, I should be able to order 2 and give one to a friend? They arent tied to your account from ordering right?

eek5

Would anyone be so kind to direct me to solo barbarian builds? I'm level 60 right now in Act IV of hell. I have shitty equips, but I've been able to survive until now with them.

Currently using sword and shield. Excited to start Act 1 Inferno for farming.

Passives: Tough as Nails, Nerves of Steel, Your Choice

Skills:
Frenzy/Side Arm
War Cry/Impunity
Revenge/Provocation
Wrath of The Berserker/Insanity

The other 2 skills are up to you. Furious Charge with 8% life on hit is good for breaking (or at least moving) when you're in CC and also really good for emergency heals when you get swarmed and revenge isn't procing. Ground Stomp is a good defensive skill. I like Sprint once you get more geared up so you can farm faster and it allows you to dodge a lot of attacks that you wouldn't normally be able to. Ignore Pain is also good in the beginning when you need to be more defensive. I'd probably go with 7s duration. I was using 20% life leech in Hell but it gets scaled down by 80% in inferno so you're only leeching 4% of your dmg which isn't enough. Battle rage with 30% damage is nice to combo with WotB as well since your DPS is going to be really low.

As far as gear goes, you want to start adding on +resist all as soon as possible. With War Cry's impunity you'll get a 50% bonus so i fyou can get your base around 300, you'll pretty much roll Act 1. Physical resist helps a lot too since you're in melee range a lot so if you can find pieces with both then good but if not it isn't a huge deal.

For armor you want to have at least 5-6k unbuffed. DPS should be 6k or more but higher is better. You'll need a minimum of 10k to beat the A1i boss but don't worry too much about sacrificing STR for VIT/RA.

Sword and board is probably best but you can get away with other builds probably (I haven't tried). If you go with a shield try to get as high of block chance shield as you can. If you want more block chance, Justice Lantern (legendary) gives another 11% which helps out a lot.

Also, I don't know if it's bugged but the tower looking shield (the lower level 60 one) has less armor but mitigates a much higher range of damage so if you can get a high 20-28% block chance version of that shield you should be pretty good for mitigating most of your blocked damage after you pass 700-900 resists (buffed).

For weapons you definitely want to get one with life on hit or one with a socket that you can drop an amethyst gem into. Life on hit doesn't get scaled based on difficulty (it gets scaled based on attack instead) so it is pretty good if you combine it with frenzy (which I think still gives you 75-80% of the life on hit per attack)

Dynamic3

Two quick ones:

Is there any benefit to pushing magic find above 100%?

Why is my follower's dps so low when his weapon alone has greater dps?

greepoman

Shadow Realm Diablo is lame as a delicate DH. Died a bunch of times, nearly all to the clone. Not too much I can do about it since she's ranged as well.

On the inferno streams I remember them just running away from the clones until they disappear. Did they fix that? I think there's spots where the clones will get snagged and can't move.

snack

Anyone have a level 50-55 barb 2h weapon theyd like to sell to me? Right now I'm rocking a 410dps 2h mace. Not doing enough damage... Need more power!

Sophia

My post count is going up horribly fast from this thread. YOU ALL TALK TOO MUCH. >_>;

Oh question about authentication, I should be able to order 2 and give one to a friend? They arent tied to your account from ordering right?

No they are not. Each Authenticator has a unique key on the back, which you enter in on the Battle.net account page to activate. So you can order two (which is the max you can order at once) and give one to a friend.

Anyone have a level 50-55 barb 2h weapon theyd like to sell to me? Right now I'm rocking a 410dps 2h mace. Not doing enough damage... Need more power!

Check the auction house as much as possible. Two handers frequently go for cheap. Once you hit level 60 you can get a 900DPS one pretty easily.

snack

No they are not. Each Authenticator has a unique key on the back, which you enter in on the Battle.net account page to activate. So you can order two (which is the max you can order at once) and give one to a friend.

Check the auction house as much as possible. Two handers frequently go for cheap. Once you hit level 60 you can get a 900DPS one pretty easily.
How much should I be paying for something decent? Don't wanna overspend, since I don't have much gold anyway.

Raxus

Also stop searching for rares for weapons, trust me. High DPS weapons tend to be blue which is...mind bogglingly stupid but it is what it is. You should easily find a replacement weapon and you can fill in the gaps with the rest of your gear.

Sarcasm

So I don't mind not being able to play my characters if I choose different regions. I play NA and Asia. But what I do not like is the fact I cannot see my America real id friends if I am on Asia region.

This deeply saddens me =(

Shouta

Two quick ones:

Is there any benefit to pushing magic find above 100%?

Why is my follower's dps so low when his weapon alone has greater dps?

Yes, probably higher benefit from above 100% MF but don't bother as you level up. Go with Gold Find as it's more reliable and you'll earn more.

Followers work just like our characters but at a fraction of the damage to keep them from being horribly overpowered. You can get them up to some respectable numbers though.

I just got a Natayla's Redemption, a green hand crossbow weapon, heh. 532 is kinda shitty but hey, I can still make a little bit of cash from it, probably.

DTKT

Also stop searching for rares for weapons, trust me. High DPS weapons tend to be blue which is...mind bogglingly stupid but it is what it is. You should easily find a replacement weapon and you can fill in the gaps with the rest of your gear.

Holy shit, I need to stop looking for rares only :|

LordCanti

If any freshly level 60 Demon Hunters in NA need new bows, hit me up. I've got a pile of them to sell in the 700-900dps range.

I don't have anything that specifically fits the bill, but how about this:

ctRMK.jpg

Just think; You could be hitting things with a boat oar! That's better than high DPS right? Just on the comedic factor alone.

This has been sitting in my inventory on a mule since day one. I'm still holding out hope that it's part of some easter egg or something, considering the legendary text despite the blue name

Raxus

Holy shit, I need to stop looking for rares only :|

Something I learned quickly once I hit 60 is that if I just search 1 handers from the start it will post all the highest DPS weapons in order. I can just filter from there to what stats I need and what I can afford and I can easily find great weapons within my price range. Be forewarned for the 1k DPS one handers be prepared to offer up AT least a cool mil or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom