• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Wiz is shaping up nicely!

I can now craft the 6 random prop. boots. If someone wants to try his/her luck: PM me.

edit: EU servers.
It's fabulous.

And I’ll tell you something else, I’m not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I’m not gonna ask. You’ll tell me when you feel comfortable. So what was it? Four hundred? Five hundred? Did you pay five hundred for this? Over six? Can’t be seven. Don’t tell me you paid seven hundred dollars for this equipment! Did you pay seven hundred dollars for this equipment? Is that what you’re saying to me? You are sick! Is that what you paid for this equipment? Over seven hundred? What did you pay for this equipment?! I won’t say anything. I wanna know what you paid for this equipment! Oh my God! A thousand dollars?! You paid a thousand dollars for this equipment?! All right, fine. I’m walking outta here right now thinking you paid a thousand dollars for this equipment, unless you tell me different. Oh, ho! All right! I’ll tell you what, if you don’t say anything in the next five seconds, I’ll know it was over a thousand.

LordCanti

I made one of those "I have too much crap to list on the AH" charts, for anyone in NA that is interested in what I have to peddle. This is really just the tip of the crap-to-peddle iceberg. PM me if anything jumps out. (This is mostly level 60 gear, and mostly for DH's)

(X'd out items are sold)

M5tEf.jpg

If anything, inferno should be harder. It'd be a big problem if two weeks after release people would've found the gear required for inferno and breeze thru it ez-pz.

Personally I've found the game become more interesting after lvl 60, because you're becoming totally focused on the gear. Scouring over the tiniest details, trying to find out what's good. Level 1-60 is pretty much like, 'Yep this axe looks like it's better--lets chop 'em up some more."

Any time someone finds the perfect build, it gets nerfed. It's a constant battle against Blizzard for anyone with the gold. I don't have the gold =/ Just the rings needed to make the optimum Inferno DH build are in the millions.

Anyone want to help me kill Hell
Diablo
? Tried duo and we could get to
phase 3
, but then had a string of bad luck. I just don't want to lose the wp lol. I'm 56. CosmicZJ#1130

Why would you lose the WP?

la_briola

It's fabulous.

And I’ll tell you something else, I’m not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I’m not gonna ask. You’ll tell me when you feel comfortable. So what was it? Four hundred? Five hundred? Did you pay five hundred for this? Over six? Can’t be seven. Don’t tell me you paid seven hundred dollars for this equipment! Did you pay seven hundred dollars for this equipment? Is that what you’re saying to me? You are sick! Is that what you paid for this equipment? Over seven hundred? What did you pay for this equipment?! I won’t say anything. I wanna know what you paid for this equipment! Oh my God! A thousand dollars?! You paid a thousand dollars for this equipment?! All right, fine. I’m walking outta here right now thinking you paid a thousand dollars for this equipment, unless you tell me different. Oh, ho! All right! I’ll tell you what, if you don’t say anything in the next five seconds, I’ll know it was over a thousand.
I farm Act 3 Inferno. I sell and buy items in the AH.
Did you have to spend millions to get that DPS? :(
Yes, but I got even more from selling items in the AH.

LordCanti

I keep joining friends who are a few quests ahead so I don't want to lose the wp for the act if I want to go back and catch up my other quests.

Also, thanks Mhm for the help. 'Twas a quick victory.

Aah, I see. I'd have helped but I'm a glass cannon (which gets bad at the clone portion). Grats.

Wedge7

For those DH's in inferno, I suppose after act1/act2, is it even worth it what so ever to go +resistallgear. My only idea being that I figure were going to pretty much get 1 hit regardless, is it even worth mitigating the damage when were so fragile regardless. Basically, should I ever be trading damage for more hp/-resistall? Just seems pointless, and far better to just keep stacking dex/damage whatever.

LordCanti

For those DH's in inferno, I suppose after act1/act2, is it even worth it what so ever to go +resistallgear. My only idea being that I figure were going to pretty much get 1 hit regardless, is it even worth mitigating the damage when were so fragile regardless. Basically, should I ever be trading damage for more hp/-resistall? Just seems pointless, and far better to just keep stacking dex/damage whatever.

Yeah, maximize DPS any way you can.

Sophia

Also I continued my barb just for fun. How the fuck do people play this class lol. I honestly can't play this game in higher difficulties without a range class.

Barbarians are all about doing as much damage as possible, stacking as much defense as possible, and praying to fucking god you don't get Arcane-Enchanted.

Rufus

Barbarians are all about doing as much damage as possible, stacking as much defense as possible, and praying to fucking god you don't get Arcane-Enchanted.
Frozen is more dangerous, I think. Frozen champions, especially, because the entire group can cast it.

Sophia

Frozen is more dangerous, I think. Frozen champions, especially, because the entire group can cast it.

Depends on what it's grouped with. Frozen + Arcane Enchanted is deadly and probably worth skipping unless you've got a lucky break.

It's fabulous.

well done lol
kramer.gif

Isn't it a bit much to have to stack vit, resistances both physical and other, get high damage? Seems like so much shit to take into account when it comes to equipment. The challenge is alluring but it just seems :/

well done lol
Thank you!

Sophia

Isn't it a bit much to have to stack vit, resistances both physical and other, get high damage? Seems like so much shit to take into account when it comes to equipment. The challenge is alluring but it just seems :/

Doesn't bother me too much with the auction house. Just stack Vitality, All-Resist, and then Strength in that order. Then get the best DPS weapon (be it Sword and Board or 2hander) that you can find.

Rufus

You'd be farming something, no matter what.
I'd rather farm gold and then buy what I need on the AH, you're almost guaranteed to get something useful.

Depends on what it's grouped with. Frozen + Arcane Enchanted is deadly and probably worth skipping unless you've got a lucky break.
There are a lot of problematic combinations with frozen and arcane respectively, but if you survive the hit from arcane you can still run away at least. If you're frozen you can still be hit with molten, desecrator, mortar, chains, plague and by the mobs themselves. Though frozen plus arcane is probably the worst, yeah.

Frozen + Arcane + Vortex + Horde, that should be fun.

Doesn't bother me too much with the auction house. Just stack Vitality, All-Resist, and then Strength in that order. Then get the best DPS weapon (be it Sword and Board or 2hander) that you can find.
Guess I can try it out. Need to take a break from my inferno DH. Where are you in the game though?

LowParry

Really enjoy the Monk. Nearing the end of Act III on Hell Mode and close to lvl 59. Wish I could hit just a little bit more harder but I'm leaving that up to my weapon. My defense is pretty godlike at the moment with my resists. I'm hoping they'll carry over well into Inferno. I may kill slowly, but I can tank like a beast.

Sophia

There are a lot of problematic combinations with frozen and arcane respectively, but if you survive the hit from arcane you can still run away at least. If you're frozen you can still be hit with molten, desecrator, mortar, chains, plague and by the mobs themselves. Though frozen plus arcane is probably the worst, yeah.

Frozen + Arcane + Vortex + Horde, that should be fun.

Molten and Mortor don't really bother me that much. Chains can be bad, depending on the combination.

Guess I can try it out. Need to take a break from my inferno DH. Where are you in the game though?

Farming Act 3/4 of Hell for gear for when I eventually try Inferno.

I'm a WD so Int is good :p

If that's the case, then that strength....

RDreamer

I just had a novel idea and it seems to work really well. I'm not sure any other monks are doing this, too. I usually use Way of the Hundred Fists with the rune where crits give you 5% increased attack speed and can stack up to 3 times. During a fight that's almost always up in varying degrees and usually stacked 3 times. Anyway, I saw there was a rune for deadly reach that gives 50% armor, which is also cool and would help in inferno. So, I put one on each of my mouse clicks and I go back and forth. Three shots of Deadly Reach and I'm good for about 5 or 6 clicks of Way of the Hundred Fists. I get both the crit bonus and the armor bonus. I could do the 18% damage rune on Deadly Reach and really stack things that way, but I need the armor. I just tanked some pretty tough elites in inferno doing this.

Opiate

I'm in the midst of trying out a Shadow Power + Gloom build that may actually function in Act III with reasonable resist gear included. I'm not sure yet though.

It is definitely best to go full glass cannon with the "standard" smokescreen build, however.

Unicorn

Really enjoy the Monk. Nearing the end of Act III on Hell Mode and close to lvl 59. Wish I could hit just a little bit more harder but I'm leaving that up to my weapon. My defense is pretty godlike at the moment with my resists. I'm hoping they'll carry over well into Inferno. I may kill slowly, but I can tank like a beast.

I want your helmet.

Molten and Mortor don't really bother me that much. Chains can be bad, depending on the combination.

Farming Act 3/4 of Hell for gear for when I eventually try Inferno.

If that's the case, then that strength....

I know but the ah was all over 200k and then that for 15k lol.........can't pass that up

Sophia

Mortar is the bane of my WD's existence. Makes it that much harder to get a hit in.

I used to have problems with Mortar with my Sword and Board kite setup. Then I found out about this two hander setup. Now it doesn't bother me at all unless there are Arcane-Enchanted beams to force me away from the mob. If there's nothing to keep me out of range of the mob for more than 10 seconds, then the shit is deeeead. >_>;

TheFatOne

I made some purchases, and a few adjustments to my Wizard. Now Act 2 and 3 have been super easy on hell. I'm just cruising through the acts. Only the special mobs actually kill me. I never realized how good the Hydra move is. It seems so over powered. I just run cast blizzard to slow mobs, and let the hydra do it's thing.

Morokh

Mortar is the bane of my WD's existence. Makes it that much harder to get a hit in.

with my Barbarian since Hell, any combination of :

Molten/plague/FireChains - Shielding - Mortar - Waller/Fast

is my ultimate nightmare, not safe in melee range, not safe at a distance ... and if the mobs are the fleeing type, it's just rage time :mad:

balddemon

Banned
so apparently killing the first boss in act IV is great xp, and you get lots of blue items and sometimes a yellow. not bad for gold either if you just npc the shit you get. although i've found two decent 2handers for barbs

1 run of Act IV first boss:
1,008,197 --> 1,086,064
77,867xp total

1 run of Act II: Operation: Crash Maghda's Cellar Party
1,086,064 --> 1,153,857
67,793xp total

also the act ii takes more time and u get less gold and shit for loot

looks like im sticking with act iv

LordCanti

Where in act 3?

I've pushed my damage to 41k... I can't push it higher without spending like 2+ million per piece now.

I can't get anything but junk loot no matter where I go in Inferno. Act 1 is the fastest, even though there is a 0% chance of rolling one of the 1500 DPS weapons.

You're right where I am. I'm pretty much just listening to podcasts, and waiting for someone to dump a +100% Crit Crossbow for a sum that even approaches reasonable. I really can't afford the other upgrades I'd need to actually farm Act IV champs.

Wedge7

I can't get anything but junk loot no matter where I go in Inferno. Act 1 is the fastest, even though there is a 0% chance of rolling one of the 1500 DPS weapons.

You're right where I am. I'm pretty much just listening to podcasts, and waiting for someone to dump a +100% Crit Crossbow for a sum that even approaches reasonable. I really can't afford the other upgrades I'd need to actually farm Act IV champs.

When you mean 100% crit xbow, do you mean a high dps xbow with a socket in that you'll put a emerald in?

Magnus

God damn, been good since the first two days of launch...now I'm all up with the 3007 errors (first 314607, then 3007) all over again. G'damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom