• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

If any freshly level 60 Demon Hunters in NA need new bows, hit me up. I've got a pile of them to sell in the 700-900dps range.

I don't have anything that specifically fits the bill, but how about this:

ctRMK.jpg

Just think; You could be hitting things with a boat oar! That's better than high DPS right? Just on the comedic factor alone.
Two-hander, shit. I want two of those, with a custom dual-wield animation.

Whooter

So, I'm leveling my DH (Just barely in to level 30, ready to start Act IV Normal), and have been gearing up via the AH.

The filters I've been setting for Armor are Dex, Golf Find, and Magic Find. Are those good, or should I be using other filters? Does it matter all that much until Hell? (or later?)

joesmokey

The Butcher Inferno runs are just so boring :(. After doing only 2 I don't think I can stomach anymore already...

Time to suck it up and just do corpse runs on the cheap mobs in Act 2 that appear from nowhere to one-shot you.

Raxus

Typically, Rares are better. Only at 60 are blues better because of itemization, currently. Rare gives you wider benefits but less power at the very top end.

Just to add to this. If you filter for stats you want you are more likely to pull up rares as well. The more benefits you desire = more likely to be a rare. Everything is still filtered from highest DPS/armor (with some exceptions) to lowest.

DTKT

So, I'm leveling my DH (Just barely in to level 30, ready to start Act IV Normal), and have been gearing up via the AH.

The filters I've been setting for Armor are Dex, Golf Find, and Magic Find. Are those good, or should I be using other filters? Does it matter all that much until Hell? (or later?)

Honestly, I would target Gold Find only. My reasoning is that 98% of the loot you get is vendor trash. A blue will typically sell for around 200-300 gold and it's rarely something you can fence over the AH.

On the other hand, maximizing your gold income let's you pick exactly what you need on the AH. If anything, I might try to keep a MF set just for the big chests.

la_briola

My Wiz is shaping up nicely!

I can now craft the 6 random prop. boots. If someone wants to try his/her luck: PM me.

edit: EU servers.

TxdoHawk

Doesn't matter too much in normal. If you stack your main stat (Dex in this case) even a little bit the entire run through should be a cake walk. I started going for some extra Vitality in the end game, you may want to look into some of that if you find mobs taking big chunks out of your life. That's about it.

Honestly, I would target Gold Find only. My reasoning is that 98% of the loot you get is vendor trash. A blue will typically sell for around 200-300 gold and it's rarely something you can fence over the AH.

I'd also agree with this, at this point Gold Find seems much more useful than Magic Find.

joesmokey

Dune Stinger that's Vortex Jailer Plagued Desecrator. Avoid the straight line stingers? Lol have fun getting vortexed right into the path or jailed and getting onslaught with them.

Fun times...

Yeppers

Typically, Rares are better. Only at 60 are blues better because of itemization, currently. Rare gives you wider benefits but less power at the very top end.

While I agree that higher damage blues are cheaper, rares are still stronger at the very top end. A perfectly rolled blue crossbow will max out around 1500dps. There have already been plenty of rare crossbows above 1500, and a perfect roll would be closer to 1700dps or more. This is due to the fact that rares can have 667 elemental damage, 50% enhanced damage, and 25% attack speed, while blues can only have 2 of those stats on the item. If I misread your statement I apologize, I'm sleepy.

Neki

So when there is an option for "Use Authenticator every time I log in", if I have that off, does that mean I only have to use the authenticator every time I use a new IP to log into diablo?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So when there is an option for "Use Authenticator every time I log in", if I have that off, does that mean I only have to use the authenticator every time I use a new IP to log into diablo?

That and once a week regardless of IP address

Brussels

go to battle net, and account settings, it's in there. not in the actual game itself

Zertez

Doesn't a couple of nephalem buffs surpass a full set of magic find armor anyway?
Not really I think a full stack of 5 is either 50 or 60. It is nice, but with a full set of mf gear you should have triple that at least. Buffs are good for when you cant afford to sacrifice gear/stats for mf when you first start inferno.

Just started Hell with my Monk.

Level 51, DPS at 4300, around 14000 HP. These guys already hit hard, though. I guess just careful skill management is important? Or is my HP low?

What is best for farming? Nightmare secret level?

Should I still just be looking for Dexterity/vitality? Or are there other important factors to consider now?

I have heard resistances become important. Is that Hell or Inferno? Inferno probably isn't for me, but I'm curious if that is something I should pay attention to now.

Cels

Just started Hell with my Monk.

Level 51, DPS at 4300, around 14000 HP. These guys already hit hard, though. I guess just careful skill management is important? Or is my HP low?

What is best for farming? Nightmare secret level?

Should I still just be looking for Dexterity/vitality? Or are there other important factors to consider now?

I have heard resistances become important. Is that Hell or Inferno? Inferno probably isn't for me, but I'm curious if that is something I should pay attention to now.

your hp is pretty low. don't worry about resist until inferno.

Kunan

I just wanted to say that I can't stop playing! I am enjoying the Demon Hunter alot, and my new Monk is definitely feeling beast. The monk's hits feel very satisfying, even at low levels. Also, the Witch Doctor is starting to grow on me.

On the other hand: I don't particularly enjoy the wizard's skills all that much. I just don't like constant damage spells; I like casting a multitude of different skills with cooldowns. There hasn't really been any reason for the wizards on our teams to not just sit there with their double wide lasers, activating Archon every now and then. I'm sure that will change though when we reach Hell and Inferno.

I'm waiting to play the Barbarian. I expect it will be my new favorite :)

I got those act 2 bugs once with this - as a melee-

Fast
Mortar
Vampiric
Molten

Super fast kiting mobs with multiple ranged attacks that you can't chase directly (molten damage) and have lifegain. Sometimes you just gotta accept the game wasn't tested and kite them into a quarantine spot somewhere else in the zone.

My Wiz is shaping up nicely!

I can now craft the 6 random prop. boots. If someone wants to try his/her luck: PM me.

edit: EU servers.

lol @ that vitality. Glass Cannon indeed. :D

I thought me being at 52k damage with 990 vit was bad.

Quite stylish, I might add. I'd probably throw some invisi die on that helmet. It's ass-ugly.

my theory is these accounts were compromised a long time ago by people waiting for a release of either wow expansion or D3. when you get huge waves like this it's really the only thing that makes sense.

I would imagine this would be the case. D3 would make for a very tempting target indeed.

I got those act 2 bugs once with this - as a melee-

Fast
Mortar
Vampiric
Molten

Super fast kiting mobs with multiple ranged attacks that you can't chase directly (molten damage) and have lifegain. Sometimes you just gotta accept the game wasn't tested and kite them into a quarantine spot somewhere else in the zone.

I'm having a nice time in Hell. I feel bad for the people bashing their heads against the wall in Inferno, lol.

That's what happens when your testing consists of "oh, our testers say it's hard enough. Double it!"

Macattk15

Solo?

It's the best fight in the game, IMO. It was so intense in our 4 player game last night, felt good when we got him down.

Yeah I've been trying solo. I can get him down to under 1 mil HP out of his 6 mil ... but then I fuck up and get hit by something or i die to an explosion that im clearly out of.

I'm having a nice time in Hell. I feel bad for the people bashing their heads against the wall in Inferno, lol.

That's what happens when your testing consists of "oh, our testers say it's hard enough. Double it!"

For all that's broken, how rare is it that I can play a single player/small group game that pushes me to the limits in skill like Inferno does? It's a rare bird and I am perversely enjoying it as such.

Sophia

Are these weps worth anything?

The Shamanic Mob is pretty crappy. Ravage Clash is okayish. Maybe 10k for Ravage Clash? It's got pretty decent DPS, even if it lacks strength.

Oh god I'm already in the top ten most post in this thread. Help!!!

For all that's broken, how rare is it that I can play a single player/small group game that pushes me to the limits in skill like Inferno does? It's a rare bird and I am perversely enjoying it as such.

If anything, inferno should be harder. It'd be a big problem if two weeks after release people would've found the gear required for inferno and breeze thru it ez-pz.

Personally I've found the game become more interesting after lvl 60, because you're becoming totally focused on the gear. Scouring over the tiniest details, trying to find out what's good. Level 1-60 is pretty much like, 'Yep this axe looks like it's better--lets chop 'em up some more."

Sophia

Jesus, is every champ today frozen/arcane/jailer/fire chains/vortex ???

Seriously...

I've gotten lucky with champions today. Only one Arcane pack, and lots of stupid-easy combinations like Teleporting Votex Increased Health. >_>;

Meteor Shower is one of the most fun skills I've ever used.

Meteor Shower + Blizzard is like my D2 meteor+blizzard sorc ramped up to 11

I was playing a group of 4, and boy do Wizard pyrotechnics kick the shit out of whatever my friends were doing on their barb/DH/monk

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Each point of All Resist gives just as much EHP has 10 Armor, right?

Thinking of Swapping my Shield out for one I found (The one I put a gem in)
shieldcompar0529.jpg

Current one:
917 + 40 = 957 Armor = +31.9% EHP to Physical Damage
11 + 4.1 = 15.1 All Resistance = +5% EHP to All Damage
210 Damage from Int

New One:
719 Armor = +24% EHP
29 All Resistance = +9.7% EHP
34 Vit from Rune = 1329 HP = +~4% HP

JesseZao

Anyone want to help me kill Hell
Diablo
? Tried duo and we could get to
phase 3
, but then had a string of bad luck. I just don't want to lose the wp lol. I'm 56. CosmicZJ#1130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom