• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's going to be some economic genius, who worked the gold market place over the last few weeks to perfection and is now going make his big payoff and make thousands of dollars.

Aesthet1c

Anyone able to get paypal working?

I get the error message that I don't have PayPal configured, and to click "okay" to set one up now, but I click okay, and get nothing.

Anyone able to get paypal working?

I get the error message that I don't have PayPal configured, and to click "okay" to set one up now, but I click okay, and get nothing.

Turn on SMS if you haven't already. It's in the security tab on your b.net account page. That should fix it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just wanted to show something funny:

1vRQ0.png

2xvCs.png

About 2 pages of stash to go. But what a conversion rate eh?

qazqaNii

What kind of errors do you guys get in EU when trying the RMAH?

Mine says; "Your account has been blocked from using the Real market auction house by parental controls, contact us if you think this was done in error"

But I didn't even apply parental controls and I am 20 years old. :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn thing wont let me get past this window, it does nothing when I press OK

7c62h.jpg

And yes I turned on SMS. I turned on SMS and authenticator before Diablo 3 even came out

LordCanti

What kind of errors do you guys get in EU when trying the RMAH?

Mine says; "Your account has been blocked from using the Real market auction house by parental controls, contact us if you think this was done in error"

But I didn't even apply parental controls and I am 20 years old. :/

Wow, your parents really need to cut the cord ;P

Gandie

I bought myself a new sword on the AH and just had to dye my clothes to match the blade's color.

Clipboard01.png

I never looked this bad-ass in a video game before, lol.

I think all of this is just some sick, twisted, psychological experiment being run by the government on a mass scale. This whole game, RMAH, everything, it's all a sick, sick mindscrew.

Save yourselves.

mackattk

Somebody bought this for $250.. who in their right mind would spend that kind of cash on some pixels?

t6sTq.jpg

I am very interested to see what happens when people try/start to scam this thing. Buying things up then doing a chargeback through a credit card or dispute through paypal.

It doesn't help that it defaults your money to go to Blizzbucks. I make sure to change it to Paypal each time, but I can see how one could easily forget when listing multiple items.

Yeah, definitely. I can also understand it from blizzard's perspective - they directly benefit from keeping money bouncing around liquidly inside their system, taking 15% each time without paypal transaction fees. But, their incentives aren't the same as their users', and I can see some users getting mad - it really doesn't make intuitive sense that if you have 'money' in an 'account', you can't 'withdraw' it.

UberTag

I think all of this is just some sick, twisted, psychological experiment being run by the government on a mass scale. This whole game, RMAH, everything, it's all a sick, sick mindscrew.

Save yourselves.
Why does the government have to be involved? Can't it just be Kotick being Kotick?
Can't wait until Call of Duty gets its RMAH.

LordCanti

Somebody bought this for $250.. who in their right mind would spend that kind of cash on some pixels?

t6sTq.jpg

I am very interested to see what happens when people try/start to scam this thing. Buying things up then doing a chargeback through a credit card or dispute through paypal.

That's my fear; That the purchases people have made off of me are just going to get chargebacked.

ezekial45

Banned
Just to clarify, cause Blizzard really has to; you cannot make real money off of this, right?

A friend of mine is convinced that you can and he is considering taking time off of work to play more Diablo III.

Kerub

Banned
Hey cool, I just found a legendary helm. Sell value around 700 gold.

What would that roughly translate into real cash/blizzard bucks?

Just to clarify, cause Blizzard really has to; you cannot make real money off of this, right?

A friend of mine is convinced that you can and he is considering taking time off of work to play more Diablo III.

Uhm, you can right? It just has something to do with having a paypal account?

LordCanti

So an item sold, just something I put up for 25 dollars. My cheapest item :(. Come on 200 dollar bow.. sell..

I know that feel. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard my third ding of the day, and it was just a $5 axe I had put up (like 850 dps) and not my $50 Natalya's Chest.

I was still happy for the sale though lol.

Hey cool, I just found a legendary helm. Sell value around 700 gold.

What would that roughly translate into real cash/blizzard bucks?

Which helm?

Yes you can. Through Paypal in the RMAH.

You can cash out your earnings from an auction via PayPal for a 15% transaction fee.

Alex

Its not called Real Money Auction House because its fake. :p

Einbroch

Banned

You can.

But a few days from now it won't be much. Then when 1.0.3 comes out it will be even less. Sell now, wait a few days, buy. It's amazing for some people right now, but it's going to crash hard soon.

There's going to be some economic genius, who worked the gold market place over the last few weeks to perfection and is now going make his big payoff and make thousands of dollars.

It's going to be the chinese account hackers and botters re-purposing their AH scripts that auto-buy items at certain buyouts.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Blizzard is making an ass ton of $ off this.

They can list their own items and get $100-250 a pop. No way to sell who's selling lol...

The Stormshield that I purchased by flipping cheap items until my b.net balance was $100 just went out of the red ! status and into my stash.

Sykotik

I have a dilemma of epoch proportions.

I don't own a cell-phone but, as I would like to be able to profit from this, I need one now. Do any of you know of any basic and cheap sms plans that qualify for this? It'd be appreciated.

mackattk

That's my fear; That the purchases people have made off of me are just going to get chargebacked.

There will obviously be some accounts banned and things like that. But since money has changed hands, somebody is going to lose out.

Needless to say anybody who links their accounts to paypal better get an authenticator. No matter how aggressive hijacking accounts have been in the past, it will come full force in the days to come.

maharg

idspispopd
See, this is what I was talking about in the other thread. People hate grinding and will pay money to avoid it. :p

Also, surely since Blizzard is acting as middleman here ebay-style chargeback scams will be Blizzard's problem, not yours.

ezekial45

Banned
Very interesting. I do agree that this does seem like something that'll crash hard.

Too bad I haven't reached lvl 60 yet, my items aren't worth too much.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Well, I think the actual game is dead fucking boring by now, so at least the RMAH is spicing things up a little. The prospect of real world money is more interesting to me than the entire game ever was.

Shame it'll all come crashing down within the week.

Einbroch

Banned
Well, I think the actual game is dead fucking boring by now, so at least the RMAH is spicing things up a little. The prospect of real world money is more interesting to me than the entire game ever was.

Shame it'll all come crashing down within the week.

I'm just unloading my stuff and quitting. Made about $19 so far, so only $44 more and I'll break even.

LordCanti

See, this is what I was talking about in the other thread. People hate grinding and will pay money to avoid it. :p

Also, surely since Blizzard is acting as middleman here ebay-style chargeback scams will be Blizzard's problem, not yours.

Prices are based on nothing right now with gold sales not up. The second there is something for people to go by, the prices should drop.

Does Lady Luck love me, or is she just messing around? : )

No discipline, but otherwise DAT QUIVER.

Discipline is so crucial though. Not getting the full 10 out of the quiver slot...or not getting ANY out of the quiver slot...

Someone will buy it though. List it quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom