• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaptruder

Banned
I think I just made the best and greatest barb build of all time.

The running man:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fUSXik!Yhf!YZccYZ

It's mainly a kiting build, but it's surprisingly versatile - good for keeping out of reach, regaining health, breaking out of snares. It's actually kinda fun as well - out run everything and more, with good fury regain so you're not waiting around for stuff to happen.

It's not invincible... not great for invulnerable minions, but those guys are assholes anyway - the general strat is to break down the minions with run like the wind and axe - once it's a one on one, it's actually quite easy because the charm on weapon throw stun locks elites and champions in place - also handy for turning around larger slow packs against each other.

Fury regain is great - a throw crit regains a massive 29 fury as well.

I'm having more fun in inferno with this build than with my Wizard.

Obviously you need to stack crit for this to work well.

Morokh

Bullshit.

I've moved around with my computer to a dozen of different ip : It asked me my secret question at each connexion but never locked it up

Yeah ... she did not answer the question and tried to log-in again several times ... (but the guy on the phone told her the thing about two IP adresses .... competent indeed .. xD )

Fantomex

I only have 1.2M and I can't even do Act 2 as a Barb. All the equipment I need are 1-2M each. Ugh

knowthatfeel.jpg

Thanks for the awesome tanking, comebacktime! Inferno diablo dead! All I had to do was stay out of dodge and hold down the attack button, haha.

LegoDad

i have no problem p2. im a monk, serenity makes it a cakewalk, maybe ive just been getting getting horrible luck with my 55% dodge rolls, just cant keep up with his damage in p3. hoping to hire a good dps! :)

If you can get that far you don't really need DPS, (will make 2nd part harder) just someone to be able to survive and revive you if you die..

I just can't do Belial on Inferno.

Do it with other people. Makes it so much easier in the earlier phases for a glass cannon like me. Phase 3 I could probably take myself like normal if I could reliably survive until then.

Personally I probably won't do him again (at least solo) unless I become much more tanky. ZK is much easier, and I'd rather do runs of just him than being very hit or miss with Belial.

This is if I even have to run Act 2 for gear. Depends on how well I can handle Act 3, which I haven't tried yet.

Thoraxes

Do it with other people. Makes it so much easier in the earlier phases for a glass cannon like me. Phase 3 I could probably take myself like normal if I could reliably survive until then.

Personally I probably won't do him again (at least solo) unless I become much more tanky. ZK is much easier, and I'd rather do runs of just him than being very hit or miss with Belial.

This is if I even have to run Act 2 for gear. Depends on how well I can handle Act 3, which I haven't tried yet.

Ah I have been. The main problem is that most of my friends, outside of one of them is anywhere near where I am. The pubs have been horrible for it so far too.

Question: Is there anywhere good to farm in Act 2? Just ZK maybe?

theta11

Ah I have been. The main problem is that most of my friends, outside of one of them is anywhere near where I am. The pubs have been horrible for it so far too.

Question: Is there anywhere good to farm in Act 2? Just ZK maybe?

Not really, I usually start on the ZK soulstone chamber quest, then back track and pick up 5 stacks and kill him, but in reality goblin farming with 4 people is infinitely more productive than doing this.

Thoraxes

Not really, I usually start on the ZK soulstone chamber quest, then back track and pick up 5 stacks and kill him, but in reality goblin farming with 4 people is infinitely more productive than doing this.

Is that the one right outside the Alcarnus waypoint?

Thanks for the awesome tanking, comebacktime! Inferno diablo dead! All I had to do was stay out of dodge and hold down the attack button, haha.

Yeah that was a blast! First try, diablo down! I was scared when I dropped in p3, but the rez just out of breath range was perfect :) Thanks again for your help!

Radec

Items
•The attack speed affix has been reduced significantly on all items. The following list outlines all of the previous values and new values for each affix level. This should give you a rough idea of how much IAS you should expect to lose.

UPDATE: IAS on Quivers appears to be unchanged, I checked a few (including Dead Man's Legacy) and they retained their pre 1.0.3 values.

■Weapons
◦​Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
◦Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2%)
◦Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (2-3%)
◦Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (2-3%)
◦Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (3-4%)
◦Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (3-4%)
◦Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (5%)
◦Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (6-7%)
◦Haste 9: Old: (18-19%) New: (8-9%)
◦Haste 10: Old: (20-25%) New: (10-11%)

■Other Types (Rings, Amulet, Gloves, Legendaries)
◦Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
◦Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2-3%)
◦Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (3-4%)
◦Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (3-4%)
◦Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (4-5%)
◦Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (5-6%)
◦Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (6-7%)
◦Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (8-9%)

So almost 50% nerf on IAS.

:O

http://d3db.com/news/id/268-datamined-10310057-patch-notes-unofficial/

Since Blizzard doesn't have many 'randomized' maps anymore... I have 2 friends who built scripts for Diablo 3 and now they are farming Act 1 Damp Cellar with scripted bots pretty much.

So much fail :(

The things can actually run into A1. Follow the same path by taking the WP and pick up only Yellows/Legendaries and gold. They say they make 200k an hour and the script also repairs them after every fight and portals them back. How fucking retarded...

rCIZZLE

Watching Kripp running for 2 minutes from champion soul rippers is so terrifying and thats just as a viewer. :lol

Ya soon as I hear any excitement I tab to watch haha.

I wonder if it's going to make IAS gear less valuable OR more valuable because you can still stack it.

I still don't understand how they can 50% nerf it unless they literally remove 50% of bonus attack speed from each item that has the mod. Like 15 ias rings would now say 7.5.

forrest

formerly nacire
Seriously no dumber mod than reflect damage as a DH. Seems like half the elite mobs spawn with it anymore.

Also, I wish the hitboxes were a little better. If something winds up and I side-step it shouldn't still hit me.

I got fed up enough with them that now I carry an extra crossbow that has Life on hit, a life on hit gem and percent of damage converted to life. Anytime I come across a Reflect pack I just swap bows and I'm good to go!

zoukka

So if GAF wants to buy this sucker before I throw it in AH, pm me. I can't even find an amulet in AH with that amount of vit/str and ias under 8 million and that's not counting the life+ and small all resist >_>

Or should I just go for the RMAH...

sega4ever

Since Blizzard doesn't have many 'randomized' maps anymore... I have 2 friends who built scripts for Diablo 3 and now they are farming Act 1 Damp Cellar with scripted bots pretty much.

So much fail :(

The things can actually run into A1. Follow the same path by taking the WP and pick up only Yellows/Legendaries and gold. They say they make 200k an hour and the script also repairs them after every fight and portals them back. How fucking retarded...

they most likely copy and pasted the scripts from ownedcore. whats sad is that the majority of botters aren't getting banned. any why should blizzard do anything when they are getting a cut of what botters make?

why are demon hunters hunters the only class able to equip a 2 handed weapon and an off hand? not only that but quivers are the only items that wont be hit with the ias nerf.

Thoraxes

So if GAF wants to buy this sucker before I throw it in AH, pm me. I can't even find an amulet in AH with that amount of vit/str and ias under 8 million and that's not counting the life+ and small all resist >_>

Or should I just go for the RMAH...

Go make some bank, yo.

V_Arnold

Hm, reading through some of these posts, I actually should feel alright being halfway through Act3 inferno, and being able to chain-farm Belial with 5 stacks of NV in a run that takes around 20-25 mins to do max.

Won

Seriously no dumber mod than reflect damage as a DH. Seems like half the elite mobs spawn with it anymore.

Also, I wish the hitboxes were a little better. If something winds up and I side-step it shouldn't still hit me.

Still the easiest mod for my DH. The thing needs to be buffed if anything.

So remade my hardcore since I lost my main last night.. Best place to farm at lvl 20 for leveling? Is it still that Lt area in Act 2? How far should I go with that?

zoukka

I linked my paypal to bnet, so if I now sell stuff in RMAH, I can get the money to paypal? The AH doesn't seem to have many payment method settings available...

mlaz14

You guys think is worth it for me to get for 230,000? I'm not losing much in dps and I think I really need the movement speed. The ones I currently have are on the right.

Thoraxes

I linked my paypal to bnet, so if I now sell stuff in RMAH, I can get the money to paypal? The AH doesn't seem to have many payment method settings available...

Need to set up the mobile alerts. Just need to authenticate it with one text message.

rCIZZLE

You guys think is worth it for me to get for 230,000? I'm not losing much in dps and I think I really need the movement speed. The ones I currently have are on the right.

Are you going glass cannon? If so look for 220dex 10movement and nothing else.

zoukka

Need to set up the mobile alerts. Just need to authenticate it with one text message.

Thanks. And I think I'd rather sell the amulet in gold AH, because I think I might get enough gold to finally step into act 3 lol.

I searched the gold AH and even the most highest amulets that went to 25 mils aren't clearly superior to mine >_> I think I won the lottery with the thing. With a little more all resist it might be the best barb amulet in the AH...

I have no idea how to price it D:

Darkone

FUCK with those shitty Magic items drops that are sooo crap, i am on INFERNO and i get useless shit...at least an elite group finaly dropped a rare one.

BTW, are Balcksmith plans for lvl 10 any good??
i got a rare plan to create with 4 properties, how diffeant is it from a one that the blacksmith can do at level 10 with no need of a plan that drops?

V_Arnold

FUCK with those shitty Magic items drops that are sooo crap, i am on INFERNO and i get useless shit...at least an elite group finaly dropped a rare one.

BTW, are Balcksmith plans for lvl 10 any good??
i got a rare plan to create with 4 properties, how diffeant is it from a one that the blacksmith can do at level 10 with no need of a plan that drops?

Those are plans for Blacksmith level10, not player lv10.
Those are lv60 stuff. :D 4 affix is basically useless, those are either lv60 or 61 items.
5 affix rare plans is where the fun really starts, those are lv62. 63 plans have 6 affixes and can produce the best results.

Darkone

Those are plans for Blacksmith level10, not player lv10.
Those are lv60 stuff. :D 4 affix is basically useless, those are either lv60 or 61 items.
5 affix rare plans is where the fun really starts, those are lv62. 63 plans have 6 affixes and can produce the best results.

I meant Blacksmith lvl10 :), well when i will get my Blacksmith to lvl 10 i will try to craft and see what i will randomize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom