• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

That's why he said he didn't really think you bought something worth way below it's value. I think people usually don't value % life much.

That and no +STR / it's a DPS Ring. Honestly though, we'll probably see more high Crit builds down the road for basically all classes and that ring rolled the max Crit Chance and a passable Crit Damage.

Totakeke

That and no +STR / it's a DPS Ring. Honestly though, we'll probably see more high Crit builds down the road for basically all classes and that ring rolled the max Crit Chance and a passable Crit Damage.

Yeah, I agree. Crit doesn't really necessitate dps builds. There's plenty of skill runes that just need crit chance.

So right now I'm fairly competent at most of the stuff in Act II but I still have tons of room for improvement (playing a monk). I'm working on picking up a weapon with LoH but I'm wondering how much of a trade-off I should take in DPS (not taking one jacks the prices up well out of my range). I think the fist weapons I'm using right now are around 870 or so. Would it be a smart move to switch to something like 700 with 350ish LoH?

Snookie

amareohdamn.png

No but seriously, thats what I use. I really like CoTW. Its active a lot when I am kiting because I drop them repeatedly to use the trigger sounds of traps to help me track where the elite pack is just off screen.

So basically this ?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVXg!Yec!YcacZY

So it looks like I would switch out Marked for Death and Cluster Arrow for Caltrops and Shadow Power. I havent really messed with shadow power at all so i'll give it a shot.

LordCanti

He's trying to say the ring will sell for more than it's worth as 1mil gold isn't worth 10 dollars.

Yeah, I hadn't checked the GAH before I posted. I've been trying to sell this ring for a week, and someone literally just made a $10 bid on it as I was watching my auctions. I wasn't sure if I should have been happy, or annoyed that it was going to sell for $10. Then I checked the GAH, and now I'm thrilled to get $10/m basically :p

So guys I'm kind of stuck in Act 3 inferno as a DH.

http://imgur.com/a/mMaKG

This is my gear. I guess I need more Crit Chance/Dmg?

Crit damage is fine, but crit chance is very low. Do you use sharpshooter? If not, I'd put it on.

Cipherr

So basically this ?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVXg!Yec!YcacZY

So it looks like I would switch out Marked for Death and Cluster Arrow for Caltrops and Shadow Power. I havent really messed with shadow power at all so i'll give it a shot.

Yep. How is your gear? I generally run Shadow Power Gloom because it can allow you to take a few hits without dying if you have good hp and resists, and its an auto counter to any reflect elite packs. Shadow Power's heal is extremely potent, all it takes is one with some Nether Tentacles to nearly top you off making reflect packs an affix that a DH suddenly looks forward to.

Basically any time that a mob is close enough to hit me I use Gloom, and I only use SS in extreme emergencies or when I need to break CC.

Those Sarkoth drops making me jealous! If I'm just wanting to do something mindless for gold, I put on my gold find gear on my DH and head to Heart of Sin quest on Act 3 / Nightmare. Sarkoth is just boring as hell to do over and over though I do always head there before going to Whimsy.

Speaking of Whimsyshire, I'm able to clear it relatively easily now. Do others who are doing this switch to magic find gear after clearing for the clouds or do you just pop them as you go? Not positive but with my 5 stacks I think I'm at around 150 MF.

Yeah, I hadn't checked the GAH before I posted. I've been trying to sell this ring for a week, and someone literally just made a $10 bid on it as I was watching my auctions. I wasn't sure if I should have been happy, or annoyed that it was going to sell for $10. Then I checked the GAH, and now I'm thrilled to get $10/m basically :p

Personally I'd rather have 10$ which i can use on anything in real life than 1 milion of in game gold ;)

LordCanti

Personally I'd rather have 10$ which i can use on anything in real life than 1 milion of in game gold ;)

Decaf Venti Frappucino here I come!

Sorry, body.

Those Sarkoth drops making me jealous! If I'm just wanting to do something mindless for gold, I put on my gold find gear on my DH and head to Heart of Sin quest on Act 3 / Nightmare. Sarkoth is just boring as hell to do over and over though I do always head there before going to Whimsy.

Speaking of Whimsyshire, I'm able to clear it relatively easily now. Do others who are doing this switch to magic find gear after clearing for the clouds or do you just pop them as you go? Not positive but with my 5 stacks I think I'm at around 150 MF.

Clear then switch. If you can't take on the champs, get them fenced off in one of the many dead-end parts of the map.

Snookie

Yep. How is your gear? I generally run Shadow Power Gloom because it can allow you to take a few hits without dying if you have good hp and resists, and its an auto counter to any reflect elite packs. Shadow Power's heal is extremely potent, all it takes is one with some Nether Tentacles to nearly top you off making reflect packs an affix that a DH suddenly looks forward to.

Basically any time that a mob is close enough to hit me I use Gloom, and I only use SS in extreme emergencies or when I need to break CC.

My gear is a work in progress still. with sharpshooter on its around 46k (without around 25k i believe) and i have about 28k HP. I'm looking to add way more dex now so I can get my dps up. I'll have to post my gear when i get a free moment today at work.

Decaf Venti Frappucino here I come!

Sorry, body.

Clear then switch. If you can't take on the champs, get them fenced off in one of the many dead-end parts of the map.
Thanks, for the most part I'm finally able to take on most of them. Think I need to find a cheap socketed bow with LoH so that I can take on those reflect champs easier.

Think I might look into the autohotkey stuff too though I'm a little nervous about that as I wouldn't want to get banned just because I'm trying to find a quicker way to swap gear.

Finally got this game and started playing it yesterday. Having skipped Diablo II I must say I'm in love already with practically every single aspect of it, from its gameplay to its visual style and the way it runs on my humble PC and even the superb spanish dub, similar to the also ace one from SC2.

I have no idea about what most of the posts so far in this thread are about, but I figure I'll get the hang of it, eventually.

scy

Yeah, I agree. Crit doesn't really necessitate dps builds. There's plenty of skill runes that just need crit chance.

The amount of people building Crit defensively is probably smaller than the ones building it offensively :x

My Barb is planning for ~60%+ as it'll be the greatest defensive boost out of it (1% Heal per WW Crit, faster Overpower Cooldown with it's 8% Heal per target). Should be a better goal than the 10k/1k mitigation ones that plan to outlast rather than have good DPS with sustain.

If nothing else, gives me a fourth character to gear.

:(

Totakeke

The amount of people building Crit defensively is probably smaller than the ones building it offensively :x

My Barb is planning for ~60%+ as it'll be the greatest defensive boost out of it (1% Heal per WW Crit, faster Overpower Cooldown with it's 8% Heal per target). Should be a better goal than the 10k/1k mitigation ones that plan to outlast rather than have good DPS with sustain.

If nothing else, gives me a fourth character to gear.

:(

Probably? More like definitely. I'm kinda tempted to make a monk with crit chance shit. Someone should stop me.

On other news, amulets and rings won't stop dropping for me! Unfortunately they're all kinda crap.

XzLny.png

Interestingly, though no one uses staffs, that one is a potential RMAH target, don't you think?

Edit: Damn, someone teach me a easy way to resize my images. Paint doesn't really work.

scosher

Bought a new OH for my Wizard last night that bumped my DPS by almost 10k and was finally able to make progress and complete a Siegebreaker run in Act 3 Inferno. Now I see why this is a favorite farming spot. Elite packs were pretty easy to deal with and didn't need to skip a single one.

Now to hope for a good drop and join the $250 club.

scy

Probably? More like definitely. I'm kinda tempted to make a monk with crit chance shit. Someone should stop me.

In retrospect, not sure why I said probably.

Monk Crit Chance can work but it has less things that work with it. And the Crit -> Dodge passive is kind of awful as it takes 50% Crit Chance to be equal to Guardian's Path bonus. Though I guess Mantra of Evasion + Guardian's Path + Sixth Sense (@50%+ Crit) + Lightning Flash + 1500 DEX is a good amount of evasion. Hell, throw in Wall of Wind... should be over an 81% chance to Dodge? Not bad.

Edit: At least, "less things that work with it" in the same sense that Barb does.

On other news, amulets and rings won't stop dropping for me! Unfortunately they're all kinda crap.

http://i.imgur.com/XzLny.png

Interestingly, though no one uses staffs, that one is a potential RMAH target, don't you think?

Edit: Damn, someone teach me a easy way to resize my images. Paint doesn't really work.

That staff and most of those rings/amulets look like good choice for your companions.

Not like the scale of distance in this game is at all accurate

Yeah but when I read : " extend loot distance to 7 meters " and that my character is - let's say - about 2 meter high, I expect to loot gold and health globe from 3,5 his height in a radius from his feet.

But 7 yard is way smaller than 7 meters so it change everything... from loot radius to skill radius

scy

Hey, that's actually a good idea. Is it only main stats (str, dex, int, vit) that get the 2.5x amount?

Yup, just Attributes. The Staff and +INT Amulet are pretty good for the Enchantress, at least until you happen to just have an extra 1.1k+ DPS 2Her with 300+ INT or something.

Blitzhex

Yeah but when I read : " extend loot distance to 7 meters " and that my character is - let's say - about 2 meter high, I expect to loot gold and health globe from 3,5 his height in a radius from his feet.

But 7 yard is way smaller than 7 meters so it change everything... from loot radius to skill radius

Eh, I've got yards on all the tooltips on my EU client. Yours shows meters though? I have no idea how long a yard is.

jkoch

How much do you want for the str amulet?

Lyonaz

Did anyone from the EU manage to sell something on the RMAH? It's like everything below level 60 is sold for 1.25 euro, so that's pretty much a lost cause.

scy

50% nerf to attack speed?

That's some epic "fine tuning" you blizz lazy fucks.

Well, the other option was a hidden cap (or diminishing returns) and that would've had people complaining about yet another "unknown" mechanic. Lose-lose, really.

Finally got this game and started playing it yesterday. Having skipped Diablo II I must say I'm in love already with practically every single aspect of it, from its gameplay to its visual style and the way it runs on my humble PC and even the superb spanish dub, similar to the also ace one from SC2.

I have no idea about what most of the posts so far in this thread are about, but I figure I'll get the hang of it, eventually.
Ah, the sweet sweet innocence of a beginning Diablo 3 player. I'm looking forward to this guy/gal's posts once they hit Inferno. :p

Yiorgos

Something weird. Playing wizard on Act 1 normal. After dying a couple of times my spells are now ineffective towards monsters. They do damage but its very little compared to before. I used a portal to go back and repair( as i did with my barbarian playtrhough) but still they are ineffective. The game keeps throwing monsters at me and am not able to deal with that. Is there anything else i should repair? thanks and sorry for the noob question.

LordCanti

I hope DH gets nerfed TO THE GROUND!

My friend is farming act 3 in blues and making bank on the RMAH. It's so sad.

I farm the AH. There's no soul rippers or oppressors on the AH.

(this is so much better for my wrist as well)

Something weird. Playing wizard on Act 1 normal. After dying a couple of times my spells are now ineffective towards monsters. They do damage but its very little compared to before. I used a portal to go back and repair( as i did with my barbarian playtrhough) but still they are ineffective. The game keeps throwing monsters at me and am not able to deal with that. Is there anything else i should repair? thanks and sorry for the noob question.

Did you accidentally swap your main weapon for a junk one?

DSmalls84

I finished Act 2 as a barb and never paid more than 500k for a piece of equipment. Most are in the 100k range.

I finished Act 2 as well but had to group for Belial. Most normal enemies are fine, but I spent a ton of time leaping and charging from checkpoint to checkpoint. Trying to save up for some gear now, mostly been goblin farming Act 2.

Anyone know of some easy Act 3 Farms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom