• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Blizzard Store ever offer pre-orders for CE's of Blizzard games? I'll be getting the CE of HotS I'm sure, so I can deal with having some BlizzBucks for now... but if they only ever sell SE's then I need to unfuck this PayPal situation.

RotBot

Just to clarify, cause Blizzard really has to; you cannot make real money off of this, right?

A friend of mine is convinced that you can and he is considering taking time off of work to play more Diablo III.

Remember that your friend is competing with Chinese gold farmers who are OK with earning $200 a month working 12 hours a day, six days a week of constant farming. Since he's not dealing with wholesale prices, he should get a better return per hour farmed, but that's still not much. Unless he's making less than $2/hour at his job, he should stick to his job.

jkanownik

There's going to be some economic genius, who worked the gold market place over the last few weeks to perfection and is now going make his big payoff and make thousands of dollars.

This is much bigger than most people realize it is. There were guys that quit their Wall Street jobs to work the D2 market when it was hot, so this is not a surprise. There was a report last year that valued the secondary item market at $3B annually.

http://virtual-economy.org/2011/04/07/world_bank_virtual_economy_rep/

moop1167

Why does it keep telling me I haven't setup a PayPal account when I just linked it to my blizzard.com account? Then I push OKAY and nothing happens.

Hoo-doo

Banned
At a certain point, nobody is gonna care about the game anymore, and it'll all just be one big capitalism-simulator.
I'm ok with this.

Prinny

I sold a crappy lv 58 legendary with 410 dps for 5$... lol

I hope I'll be able to buy wow/d3/sc2 expansion with battle.net balance, I don't have a cell phone so I can't get real money.

Thoraxes

Does the Blizzard Store ever offer pre-orders for CE's of Blizzard games? I'll be getting the CE of HotS I'm sure, so I can deal with having some BlizzBucks for now... but if they only ever sell SE's then I need to unfuck this PayPal situation.

You can not buy physical copies of games using RMAH funds you earn. Only digital.

bZgUH.jpg

Compared similar items, put this up for $45. We'll see if someone bites.

I'm surprised that so many of you don't have cell phones. Really? Unless you're all Europeans with pre-paid cell phones or something.

eek5

Also, this guy was a dick (he had more dudes with him at the start - this is later into the battle.)

Would be terrible if you didn't have a CC breaking ability.

that thing does like 25k hp damage to me

i just run past them whenever they spawn but the last time it had waller and would just trap me then 2 shot me immediately. felt really bad

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When is the gold auction going to be live, I wanna sell my gold. No one is buying my items :(

Also, I guess its a good thing I got a Physical Authenticator, I just listed the items without a bit of trouble.

Rufus

I'm surprised that so many of you don't have cell phones. Really? Unless you're all Europeans with pre-paid cell phones or something.
I am one such European with a really old pre-paid Nokia. Thing is, we don't pay for incoming SMS and there's no pre-paid provider that I know of that doesn't offer SMS...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
At a certain point, nobody is gonna care about the game anymore, and it'll all just be one big capitalism-simulator.
I'm ok with this.

Hopefully patch 1.0.3 will change the difficulty curve so that all people can realistically farm loot in Act 1 Inferno that is good enough to beat Act 2 Inferno and so on, so the Auction House won't be as integral to progression as it is now.

Right now, the chances of getting decent enough items in Act 1 Inferno to be viable as a melee in Act 2 Inferno are extremely slim.

Petrie

Banned
So I'm back to finally working on my WD, and I'm curious if anyone could give me a bit more info on where builds have gone. I'm rocking the poison darts focused build, but I'm looking to figure out what sort of abilities go well with it, as well as a bit more specifics on what type of gear I should be looking for.

Help please?

Why can't I ever land these idiots. I have some pretty good weapons up for cheaper, and they're being ignored.

People assume cheap=bad?

Thats a fucking joke, I got several of those, never sold them on the AH because no one bought them and now people buy them for REAL money? HOW? WHY ON EARTH?

Eh, I just checked the AH again. Heart Slaughter, which is the one I have, is only up at like $1.25. I didn't really check the stats but it doesn't seem worth it. I can probably get $15-20 for my Lacuni Prowlers, but honestly, I value the time it would take me to farm up the gold to replace them enough to pass on that. The Unity I sold for 2 million gold a few days ago could have probably gotten me about $10, which is more like 4 million gold at the default price, but I'll probably stick to strictly gold rather than complicate things.

Wedge7

Why can't I ever land these idiots. I have some pretty good weapons up for cheaper, and they're being ignored.

Rofl, checking the prices now online, 1k 1 hander dps are going for like $18. And my 647 Battle Lux 1 handed axe with about 150 dex, 100 vit sold for more. Ahhh yea. That yellow factor.

Opiate

The AH is behaving almost exactly as I expected. I think 2.50/M is likely within a month or two -- it's good Blizzard implemented a price floor to prevent inflation beyond that. I guess their expectations are the same as mine.

scy

Can't get Blizzard to send me SMS codes in a timely manner, guess I won't be joining the money train :(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The AH is behaving almost exactly as I expected. I think 2.50/M is likely within a month or two -- it's good Blizzard implemented a price floor to prevent further inflation.

I still don't know what to make of it all, I have no idea what the fuck is going to happen with item sold for gold and $ over the next two weeks.

Top tier items insta capped and sold at $250 only for the RMAH while crappy stuff for the GAH

The AH is behaving almost exactly as I expected. I think 2.50/M is likely within a month or two -- it's good Blizzard implemented a price floor to prevent further inflation.

2.50 / M is likely within the short term, but it will go back up after a) people get rid of a month's worth of inventory that's been building up, and b) banks get banned and dupling exploits get closed.

JudgeN

I get the SMS messages but they don't work, can I turn off SMS protect and still use my paypal account? Fucking blizzard.

Wedge7

Quick question to those who sold for PayPal, the money hasnt actually gone in your accounts yet though right?

Mine still shows a red exclamation, "processing"

Thats normal right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom