• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

This is disheartening since their killing my already low DPS as a monk and also affect my survuvability.

I haven't tried playing since the patch, but I kind of had the thought of "what if damage drops off from the IAS nerf, but they don't nerf the enemies enough to compensate"

centracore

On my 60 wizard I went from 53k damage last night to 33k damage today with 1.0.3! I can't say I wasn't expecting it though:

+24% IAS on wand
+15% IAS on amulet
+15% IAS on ring1
+15% IAS on ring2
+12% IAS on gloves
+12% IAS on bracers

I figure the best course of action will be to replace my amulet and both rings with some +int / +crit dmg ones asap and then work on replacing the wand and gloves.

Anustart

Any Witch Doctors noticing problems post patch? My zombie bears are now clinically stupid. They collide with invisible walls everywhere :/

balddemon

Banned
is it just me or are the pack affixes super assholeish now? every pack/champ/unique we've fought except 1 has had arcane, plagued, molten, fire chains, or desecrator. the one we just fought had plagued, molten, and desecrator. wtf?? i'm actually dying in act 1 now , lol

I remember a blue saying that 1.0.3 would remove the enemy damage scaling when you play co-op (the idea being that the enemy life scaling is enough, and the enemy damage scaling was disincentivizing co-op play). But I'm not seeing anything about that in the patch notes... is anybody seeing any evidence for or against this?

windz

My attacks per second on my wiz was 2.68. I am so fucked when I log in today. I expect I will lose something ridiculous like ~20k dps like my buddy.

I should have just sold all my IAS gear XD.

Ferrio

Banned
I remember a blue saying that 1.0.3 would remove the enemy damage scaling when you play co-op (the idea being that the enemy life scaling is enough, and the enemy damage scaling was disincentivizing co-op play). But I'm not seeing anything about that in the patch notes... is anybody seeing any evidence for or against this?

If that got tossed this patch is dead to me. I was looking forward to actually playing with others.

They lowered spikes but the average damage should still be roughly the same. What are your stats? You might just still be undergeared for the content.

Like I said people, lower expectations a bit :x

It want do so much that I died, it's that there were 15+ enemies outside the door including 4 wasps with the turrets going.

I am a bit under geared but I managed fine with a bit of kiting up until that point. Killed everything except a stupid fire chain wasp pack that kept fleeing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

That was removed via hotfix...

Actually getting GREYS!! from corpses and weapon racks now. Haven't seen that in forever.

LowParry

Ya know, I noticed that too. I'll have to check my money pre but I swear I had like 60+ potions and now I have like 15. wtf

Ughhh you know what I hate, when you get an item you KNOWW you can sell for a decent amount of money in the rmah but at the same time it's an item that helps you out a decent amount.

I'm using it now I guess since I need it after the nerf. But damn. Dilemmas. It's a ring with over 100 vitality, dex, also has attack speed, and one other thing I'm forgetting.

Zoltun Kulle fight still killing me with my Inferno Wizard. I lost about 4K DPS (nothing huge) but I have no clue why. No IAS equipment. I'm not looking forward to seeing these repair costs.

Very new to diablo III. I understand that there was an update or something? I was just playing for 30 minutes until I realized that my exp bar isnt going up at all. Anyone know whats wrong?

edit; the exp bar at the bottom is empty and it wont fill up no matter what I do, even though I keep progressing. I don't understand :(

enemies 6 levels or more under you give no xp.

GJS

Third soul ripper pack killed, was a champion pack with fast, teleport, jailer, plague. This is definitely a lot easier.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've had waller affix on 5 or so packs already in a single run. Could be coincidence, but definitely seems upped.

Narag

It's actually refreshing to see the higher level loot drop in Act I. I'm sure it'll even out over time but that 2% doesn't feel so bad.

Zelrith

Could I get a price check?

Screenshot001.jpg

Third soul ripper pack killed, was a champion pack with fast, teleport, jailer, plague. This is definitely a lot easier.
Maybe IAS nerf not so bad after all.

I'll see when I get home. I was in act II last night getting ZK's blood. I got tired and went to bed though. I'm curious as to how all these changes will affect my character.

I think Diablo will get tougher for me since 13K DPS will no longer be there and he's a timed boss :(

Incoming noob question:

As a Barbarian really the only stats I should pay attention to are Strength & Vitality, correct? As in, anything that comes in with a high Dexterity or Intelligence stat can go straight to the Auction House? Any reason to hang on to them?

Thanks in advance.

GJS

Maybe IAS nerf not so bad after all.

I'll see when I get home. I was in act II last night getting ZK's blood. I got tired and went to bed though. I'm curious as to how all these changes will affect my character.

I think Diablo will get tougher for me since 13K DPS will no longer be there and he's a timed boss :(

I'm dropped from 2.1 dps to 1.8 dps, the only thing I've noticed is normal mobs die slower and my spirit regen is slower so I can't spam my skill as much.

Incoming noob question:

As a Barbarian really the only stats I should pay attention to are Strength & Vitality, correct? As in, anything that comes in with a high Dexterity or Intelligence stat can go straight to the Auction House? Any reason to hang on to them?

Thanks in advance.

Vit/all resist. Strength is bonus on an item but having high survivability > everything else. The items you want to look out for are high vit, high strength, 50+ all resist and some physical resist. If you get something like that with +armor as well then you can sell it for $250 on the RMAH no problems.

They didn't technically clear it though.. They skipped Belial and Azmodan...

They killed belial and azmodan a while ago.

AEGISX

Banned
is the server down? when I log on it says new patch is available, but I can't update it cause the game says D3 is already running

scosher

We're all feelin' da dps drops. Even crit wiz since our force weapon was fixed.

Force weapon bug was a paperdoll display bug only. It actually was working correctly and only gave 15% which was tested by a lot of wizard players. They basically just fixed the tooltip error.

Vit/all resist. Strength is bonus on an item but having high survivability > everything else. The items you want to look out for are high vit, high strength, 50+ all resist and some physical resist. If you get something like that with +armor as well then you can sell it for $250 on the RMAH no problems.
Thanks man. I'm still on Normal so I've yet to see any all resist. Will keep my eyes peeled in the future.

Thanks for the tips!

GJS

Ran into first mob I'm having difficulties with, act 3 skeletons with waller and arcane plus some other shit with barely any room to kite as it is.

Force Weapon was displaying the damage buff improperly.
Ahh. I can live with that then.

I'm about to break my monitor. ZK having his fireball slowed is a welcome improvement, but when I get him to quarter health he starts one-shotting me after he teleports close. Before that point, he won't swing when he moves in. I've gotten to quarter health ZK about 4 times, and it's like he just presses a button to move in close and kill automatically. With 6K armor and 33K health (kinda, with diamond skin on) he still one shots me. What the Hell.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Went from 57k dps to 41k dps. That includes the force weapon fix though, so, not tooooo bad. 'course I had already replaced most of my ias gear, but I was still using ias rings/visage.

Sold a 25% ias/997 dps weapon last night for like 3 mil. Bet the dude who bought it is pissed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom