• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

Thanks man. I'm still on Normal so I've yet to see any all resist. Will keep my eyes peeled in the future.

Thanks for the tips!

All the way up to Inferno all you really care about is as much +damage and STR as you can get and enough vit to survive. Maybe in hell you can start keeping your eye out for the all resists. The tip from Picklecannon applies pretty much only to Inferno, and then only to tanky builds with regard to str - if you want to do some damage you need both the survi and str.

Lesath

Went from 20k DPS to 15k. Animations are so incredibly slow and un-fun, but on the bright side, I facetanked pretty much every elite pack before Siegebreaker, and only died when there were about 30+ enemies on screen.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Waiting for all my monk gear to get off the RMAH to play it. lol

I decided I'd see if I could make a few hundred since I have a new demon hunter and wanted to wait for 1.03, but it's out and I'm locked out for 10 hours.

inky

"-Every champ pack now has a 100% chance to be waller"

Should be on the patch notes.

Man, so discouraging to charge into stuff now and have nothing pop out. Or loot weapon racks with 334 MF and find gray weapons or even nothing. Haven't seen a iLvl 63 from Act I either, but will keep looking. And yes, my Barb looks so fucking slow now it's not even funny, It takes him like 2 days to give the second hit, which is kind of throwing me off with my MF gear on.

Well I just straight tanked Siegebreaker without getting below 90% HP the entire time, but he enraged because my dps sucks now and I died with him at 2% HP remaining.

This is with a dps of about 13k as a barb (was 19k before patch)

DSmalls84

Incoming noob question:

As a Barbarian really the only stats I should pay attention to are Strength & Vitality, correct? As in, anything that comes in with a high Dexterity or Intelligence stat can go straight to the Auction House? Any reason to hang on to them?

Thanks in advance.

Intelligence is ok to have on items because it raises Resistances but It's not a substitute for Str/Vit. Just kind of a nice to have if some pieces conincedentally also have it.

Vodh

BTW love the changes to MF. Now all they need to do is introduce a cooldown before MF kicks in from gear you've just put on, and I'll be happy. This gear swapping on last hit is bullshit and they need to get rid of it.

Went from 57k dps to 41k dps. That includes the force weapon fix though, so, not tooooo bad. 'course I had already replaced most of my ias gear, but I was still using ias rings/visage.

Sold a 25% ias/997 dps weapon last night for like 3 mil. Bet the dude who bought it is pissed right now.

Magic weapon didn't get touched, they just added a counter so you could see when it is going to expire.

GJS

Gave up my NV to try progress past these waller arcanes and just ran into more waller arcanes.

Down 32k repair fees now.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Still not feeling the fun after a couple of runs and pony clears. Even though Act III is easily farmable now it feels the same, just, you die less? Anyway, gonna cash out the rest of the way and spend my time on better things. Got a massive backlog that I might actually enjoy.

Treasure goblin did drop 4 rares which was pretty cool and unusual for me. They all sucked of course. And yes, reflect damage and waller affixes have most definitely been upped in frequency.

balddemon

Banned
"-Every champ pack now has a 100% chance to be waller"

Should be on the patch notes.

Man, so discouraging to charge into stuff now and have nothing pop out. Or loot weapon racks with 334 MF and find gray weapons or even nothing. Haven't seen a iLvl 63 from Act I either, but will keep looking. And yes, my Barb looks so fucking slow now it's not even funny, It takes him like 2 days to give the second hit, which is kind of throwing me off with my MF gear on.

oh ya forgot to mention waller as well, lol

me and a friend have gotten a couple ilvl 63 rares. and i've seen a couple white archon gloves on the ground.

LegoDad

Well I just straight tanked Siegebreaker without getting below 90% HP the entire time, but he enraged because my dps sucks now and I died with him at 2% HP remaining.

This is with a dps of about 13k as a barb (was 19k before patch)

Yep, was my biggest complaint about the patch, they put enrage timers on bosses, which makes it really really hard for a Barb without 20k DPS, which is pretty insane.

Ploid 3.0

Pretty much (although I have played a lot of WoW). The drop rate is completely demoralizing. I barely play anymore because no matter how much I farm, I continue to get lv54-58 gear in fucking inferno mode. Typically the gear in one chapter would help you prepare for the next chapter, but in this game that's not the case. I can dominate Act I inferno with my eyes closed using my Barbarian, but can't take a few hits from elites in Act II. I've gotten up to Magda and easily defeated her (boss fights continue to be a joke apparently) but if I run into elites I pretty much have to log out.

My gear isn't great but then again I shouldn't have to spend all my money on the AH to find decent stuff.

Apparently today's patch fixes things, we'll see

In titan quest particularly I remember doing a tough boss fight. It took me a long time, and I was fighting tooth and nail. When she fell there were blue and green colored item names and I was all giddy because I was sure they would be interesting. Rewarded, and it felt good. In this game I fight tooth and nail to take down two elites at the same time (where did this other group come from!!!) and as I stand over the bodies of both their clones I'm rewarded with NPC cash for loot items.

5f1f615fdfbbacfcb53efddef4cd0c2142cfe706.jpg

In this game I almost treat blues and yellows as if they are grey and whites of Titan Quest. Almost because I do end up picking them up. Legendary I kinda look at as if they are the first level of good item in Titan Quest. They will most likely suck but at least they can sell for a lot.

SUPARSTARX

BTW love the changes to MF. Now all they need to do is introduce a cooldown before MF kicks in from gear you've just put on, and I'll be happy. This gear swapping on last hit is bullshit and they need to get rid of it.
Why is it bullshit?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So basically, don't bother with anything except mobs because it's not worth the time you invest in it.

More like "stop treating this game as an 'abuse the rules greedy style' simulator" where the goal is to get the most money out of it with less effort, and start treating it as a game where you kill mobs for loot :D

This wouldn't have been a problem if Blizzard had designed the game properly in this aspect with their 11 years of development. It's especially puzzling considering that they specifically outlined that one of their goals is to reduce the "path of least resistance" runs so that killing mobs for loot (playing the game "properly") IS the path of least resistance.

Pre-release, I was confident that they had this shit figured out. Turns out that they didn't.

Man, RIP Colossal Golgors...poor dudes do nothing now. Even as a tank Barb I hated running into an elite pack of them, now I just sat in a horde group of them and went to work. :lol

Ferrio

Banned
What they needed to do was actually make random maps/dungeons.

They didn't do that. So not only is it boring as a player, but bots can easily farm.

Monk. 840 Resist All, ~8k Armor; I would wager that barbs can pull off similar things.

Enrage is when he turns all red, right?

You actually get a skull and crossbones over your head and start taking DoT at an accelerating pace

I changed some pants to a set in my stash that had all strength gems in it and I was fine. Even after that, i realized I had forgotten my companion, even the second time when I killed him. Guess it's not too bad. Guess I'll start selling some resist gear and going crit% / crit dmg

Narag

Went through 3/4 a pony run. Not quite as fun when the clouds rarely drop anything than a bit of gold.

Also that rise in repair bill costs is no joke. Jumped about 30k for me.

Kenaras

Even with a cooldown people could still abuse it.

While technically difficult, the ideal solution would be to keep track of changes to a player's magic find while fighting an enemy. When the enemy dies, drops are based on the lowest magic find the player had at any point during the fight.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
finally someone else agrees that the game's maps are not random or mazey enough

I was saying this all during beta. Someone told me (was it a blue post or just some dude...I dont' recall. Probably some gaf poster) that it was just Act1 and the randomness would get better in the later acts since Act1 is the tutorial act.

Nope.

Dahbomb

They fixed the Act 2 Spider spawning farming exploit.

The spiders don't drop shit now, not even gold. At least from the 20-30 spiders that I have killed so far. Killing the spawner does drop gold though.

mileS

Thanks to the bots we lose this "Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed" neat. Stay losing blizzard... because the bots are still going to manage... because they are bots and can go all day. This just ruins the fun for everyone else.

Probably a silly thing to get upset about but sometimes I wonder why they do what they do.

Magic Missile is neat for it since it's 100% return but when I ran Piercing Orb, it was 25%/target which is negligible on single-target/small pack enemies

Why is this? Is it alluded to on any tooltip or anything in game? I was running Piercing Orb yesterday, and I don't recall seeing anything implying that there would be a 75% penalty to my LoH for each target hit?

Ferrio

Banned
Thanks to the bots we lose this "Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed" neat. Stay losing blizzard... because the bots are still going to manage... because they are bots and can go all day. This just ruins the fun for everyone else.

Probably a silly thing to get upset about but sometimes I wonder why they do what they do.

It's not a silly thing. They cut down the amount of chances you get for an item drastically by this.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Fuck that, I don't bot or support/condone/like botting or automation in general, but I still think this is a shitty shitty shitty change. It's the old case of one bad apple spoils the bunch. Everyone who abides by the rules gets punished because apparently there is no other solution to the "actual issue". Destructible objects dropping loot was never the issue.

Agreed. There are many potential solutions that can both deter botters, and leave the object looting for legit players. Blizzard is smart. They can figure it out. They should have figured it out.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Because it gives people who use external scripts an edge and it makes decent gear with mf stats pointless. Why bother with that when you can just swap into shitty mf gear with the press of a button?

It's not much of an edge really. I have like 11 pieces of mf equipment that I manually swap in.

I agree that swapping in mf gear is dumb though.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

not that i dont agree to an extent, this and most other changes in these patches are done just to keep the economy and AH running moderately correct.

GJS

Not progressing very well now, now I'm getting checked by other mobs with vortex molten. Can't even prevent the vortex pull as they constantly run around you for the molten, then as you try to move to another corner they vortex you in.

Ashhong

Hey guys so I'm going to try Diablo out on my 2010 Macbook Pro again, but was wondering if I should install it onto my SSD or my WD Black harddrive I have in the cd drive. I'm thinking SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom