• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallers are nuts! I love 'em. They use that shite 24/7, but I haven't died from it yet. Gets the heart pumping though when they've got me smashed in a corner near death and I'm clawing for life. Just ran through some Act1 Inferno and got a 5 stack going nice and quick. Too bad heading out to see Prometheus.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So is life steal better than life per hit? Or is life per second the way to go?

Life on Hit is better right now, but since life steal scales on damage, Blizzard is hoping life steal will be the stat to beat in late game Inferno.

darksagus

feels like they buffed desecrator alot. I used to be able to chill out in desecration in act I, 900 fire res, now it's wrecking me all of a sudden.

So yeah, I've never found a useful legendary before, 10 minutes into the new patch...

lgtmw.jpg

Stormshield, HOOOOOO! :lol

Ashodin

OH YESSS these patch notes are glorious!

Skill Rune – Jagged Spikes
Effect will now only stack up to 10 times on a single target
LOL was it INFINITE BEFORE? AWESOME.

I thought it always like 3 stacks of Jagged. Nice to know.

Damage Over Time (DoT) skills will now properly benefit from items with the +Critical Chance affix

GENTLEMEN, DOTS ARE GO, I REPEAT, DOTS ARE GO

The Warden (mini-boss)
General
Now has Fast and Molten affixes, in addition to Jailer
In Inferno difficulty, the Warden will also gain the Desecrator affix

Really? Molten is not a problem for melee. Desecrator maybe. No idea until I try, though.

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where the corner panel fires in the Chamber of Suffering were doing twice as much damage as intended

No fucking wonder!

Herald of Pestilence tentacle attack damage has been reduced
Fuckin finally

Lots of FUN gonna be had with this patch, I can't wait to dive in! Gonna mess with gems a lot today!

It's not much of an edge really. I have like 11 pieces of mf equipment that I manually swap in.

I agree that swapping in mf gear is dumb though.

The really fast autohotkey scripts make the swap in less than half a second. I watched a guy streaming and I could barely even see the inventory frame open and close and he had swapped out all his gear to MF. So the next time you're swapping out MF gear and you die in that 3 or 4 seconds to a mortar, you'll know how big of an edge a script is.

Revoh

I don't know man, I kinda like swapping to MF gear, especially when playing with friends with voice chat. It's fun because you need to micro really good or you get oneshotted.

MrDaravon

38k in repair costs to kill ONE elite mob in the first room of Act 3 that I could have killed only dying maybe once or twice before the Nether Tentacle nerf, and now I can't get past the second room. Yes, this seems fair -_-

I do seem to be getting better drops though, I could only get maybe a third of the way through Act 3 before, but now my first rare drop is almost better than anything I've ever found:

Xc9vY.png

Not super amazing (?), but hey.

V_Arnold

Those who complain about reflect damage, what kind of glass cannon are we talking about? 50k dps and 3k hp? 0 all resists? 0 life on hit? WHY?

Deal the **** with it and gear up properly like the rest of us :p

GJS

Really? Molten is not a problem for melee. Desecrator maybe. No idea until I try, though.

Molten is definitely a problem for melee, molten mobs purposely move around you so that you take damage even if you move. Combine that with desecrator and LoH can't keep up.

scy

Why is this? Is it alluded to on any tooltip or anything in game? I was running Piercing Orb yesterday, and I don't recall seeing anything implying that there would be a 75% penalty to my LoH for each target hit?

Because Life on Hit is more accurately "Life on Skill Use" I suppose; this way Life on Hit doesn't get absurd with area of effect skills.

As for anything in-game, nothing indicates it as far as I know.

Hey guys so I'm going to try Diablo out on my 2010 Macbook Pro again, but was wondering if I should install it onto my SSD or my WD Black harddrive I have in the cd drive. I'm thinking SSD?
Well, SSD is always the better choice. However, the load times for Diablo 3, even on a platter, are minimal.

Ashodin

Molten is definitely a problem for melee, molten mobs purposely move around you so that you take damage even if you move. Combine that with desecrator and LoH can't keep up.

If Desecrator is there, yes. If not, just hold shift and they won't hurt you. Molten is directly under their feet, not like Plagued, which is a radius around them. If you stand still, they won't hurt you with it. At least from my experience.

This glove I have with only +110 Int and what is now +6 Attack Speed is STILL an increase in DPS over +162 Int, even if just by a couple hundred points.

So glad I ditched AS a long time ago. My DPS is pretty much intact other than losing 3% attack speed.

Hopefully act 1 farming will finally give me some decent boots w/ Movement Speed.

Ashhong

Well, SSD is always the better choice. However, the load times for Diablo 3, even on a platter, are minimal.

I was thinking for performance purposes, not just load times, though I guess it probably doesnt matter. Does anybody play on a 13" unibody MBP? It ran like shit on low the first time I tried but my friend has the same and it runs decent on his. Not sure what the issue is.

GJS

If Desecrator is there, yes. If not, just hold shift and they won't hurt you. Molten is directly under their feet, not like Plagued, which is a radius around them. If you stand still, they won't hurt you with it. At least from my experience.

I play exclusively using shift when attacking, it doesn't stop them running around you, leaving the trail, and triggering damage. The hitbox on molten is huge, same as fire chains.

All the way up to Inferno all you really care about is as much +damage and STR as you can get and enough vit to survive. Maybe in hell you can start keeping your eye out for the all resists. The tip from Picklecannon applies pretty much only to Inferno, and then only to tanky builds with regard to str - if you want to do some damage you need both the survi and str.

Intelligence is ok to have on items because it raises Resistances but It's not a substitute for Str/Vit. Just kind of a nice to have if some pieces conincedentally also have it.
Cool, thanks. I haven't really had much trouble with my build thus far into the game (just made it to Act 3), but that's good to know for the future.

Thanks, guys!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
nope, I do have a set that I can switch to on really easy packs but I'm not using it this run to see how the new drops work when I hit 5 stacks.

And isn't 32% block the max roll on a Stormshield? Or is it 33%?

Jesus... I didn't know Stormshield could have higher than 30%.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The really fast autohotkey scripts make the swap in less than half a second. I watched a guy streaming and I could barely even see the inventory frame open and close and he had swapped out all his gear to MF. So the next time you're swapping out MF gear and you die in that 3 or 4 seconds to a mortar, you'll know how big of an edge a script is.

I know how fast the script makes the swap, and 99% of the time I don't die when swapping gear. The script is mostly a convenience thing.

Hmmm...hearing good and bad things here. I will reserve judgment until I play tonight.

I'm only act one Inferno and was getting raped by a couple of things there. I shudder at the repair costs.

Yeah ... last night I ran into a group of elites with molten, firechain, jailer, something else that was stupid and was almost instantly fucked. Any combination of molten + something else like desecrator or arcane kills me quickly.

I really appreciate the graphical adjustments. Is this just me? it seems like low quality settings are much improved and there are better resolutions.

(Reminds me of SC2, because I remember they slowly improved frame rates over time.

MrDaravon

Regular enemies in Act 3 are a joke now, and Soul Rippers got nerfed hard, but after 4 elite mobs with no rares and 100k in repair costs the Nether Tentacle nerf utterly stops me from even attempting to progress in Act 3 (which is where I was stuck before). Back to spend another 100 hours grinding Act 1 again :(

The problem with molten is that the AI is fucking annoying and they are programmed to run directly in a path back over the trail of molten they created. Since you are holding down the mouse button to attack them, every single time without fail you just run right back over the fucking shit. It pisses me off to no end.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's actually worth more than that.

I doubt it. There are lots of $250 32%s sitting on the RMAH unsold and going to expire. Same stats but no vit, so that little bit of vitality might turn his into $250 "sold". Still nothing to scoff at.

Edit: Actually there's a 32% with a socket (=vit) sitting at $249 and $201 with no bid with 26 minutes left.

DSmalls84

Yup. I tried my barb and survived quite a bit in Act 2. 39k hp, <700 res (buff) and 7k dps :p

Good to know. I have 3 items with 15% IAS so i'm guessing my Damage will drop from 18.5 k to a bit lower (12-14k?). Also have 400 resist all unbuffed and 40k health though, so hopefully Act 1 will still be an easy death free farm.

Kerub

Banned
Uhm. I think I have some type of bug, trying to use the RMAH.

I tried using it last friday, when it was activated on the EU servers. Only to read that there is a 3-day wait to use RMAH if you bought the game digital. Understandable, but I was still annoyed being punished for buying it directly from Blizzard. But it's tuesday night now, and I still get the same error message!?

Anybody else getting the same thing?

Volodja

The aoe on molten is big enough that when a pack of mobs starts circling around you, you get hit even if you don't move so it can't exactly be just under their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom