• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survivability through killing things. Essentially, get to the mitigation needed to not be dying immediately and then gear damage and Crit Chance%. Whirlwind's Blood Funnel heals you for 1% Max Life per Crit and your crits can shorten Overpower's Cooldown (which can be runed for 8% Max Life heal per enemy hit, though Revenge is still more consistent) so it's not like you're still not getting better survivability out of the exchange.

Mm, so basically crit% and crit dmg are key, and you're tuned to fight in shorter breathes (although, the skills you've listed suggest decent surviving power still). Items with crit and all-around function are so hard to come by...

As a DH, you really don't need all resists everywhere (but it's good if you can get it!). Fire and Physical damage are what you will die to. You do want some all resists (200-ish) to help with the random crap like electrified mobs and skirting around the edges of poison pools, but my approach was to get 200 AR and then add 150 to each of Fire and Physical and it works well w/ about 36k HP. I think an optimal number would be 400-450 or so, anything more and your DPS will get hit too hard (IMO).

Shouta-the Monk crit build is the bee's knees. Nice stuff you have rocking there.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
They should make a treasure chest that 2 treasure gnomes jump out, as well as an elite. Most infuriating chest ever.

ill tell you whats infuriating.... when theres just a lonely gob and you and your tank buddy cant fuckign take one down. how does that work?!

you can clear rooms of champs and elites with redic affixes, but when its just 1 gob you can oonly get him 50% health.

Shouta

Shouta-the Monk crit build is the bee's knees. Nice stuff you have rocking there.

Yep. Evasion + Crit is the way to go for Monks now that we can build a bit more offensively. Backlash + Sweeping Wind - Cyclone + A crit spirit generator = crazy good.

Nobody has enough IAS now :p

1.6.-2.0 should be doable, more so if you do Hand Crossbow or DW them. Entire point is to land as many Bola Shot - IDs before the first one explodes and to launch an Impale at the end of your string for burst damage.

eek5

Finally got a decent accessory drop. It has above average rolls but I don't know if it really works for any class :lol

NUY5w.png

scy

Yep. Evasion + Crit is the way to go for Monks now that we can build a bit more offensively. Backlash + Sweeping Wind - Cyclone + A crit spirit generator = crazy good.

Crit is more-or-less the stat that I think Blizzard intended everyone to seek out desperately.

Instead, we all got Attack Speed :x

God trade chat is worthless. Tried selling a bow that's worth 25-35m in trade chat and I just get spammed with idiots trying to get it for 1 million or who want to trade me 400 dps Lv. 60 legendary weapons

eek5

Who else think paying 25k to repair after two Inferno wipe, is, let's say, totally insane ? How are we supposed to farm gold now ?

Sarkoth runs to farm gold so you can fund farming items :lol

Crit is more-or-less the stat that I think Blizzard intended everyone to seek out desperately.

Instead, we all got Attack Speed :x

Can't wait for everyone to stack 60% crit chance and then Blizz announcing that's not how they intended the game to be played

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Who else think paying 25k to repair after two Inferno wipe, is, let's say, totally insane ? How are we supposed to farm gold now ?

What do you mean? Do Act I? Stop dying so much?

I made like 300k in an hour or so last night messing around in Act I. My repair bill was around 8k from normal wear and tear.

God trade chat is worthless. Tried selling a bow that's worth 25-35m in trade chat and I just get spammed with idiots trying to get it for 1 million or who want to trade me 400 dps Lv. 60 legendary weapons

Anyone not using the auction house for trading is trying to get an unreasonably good deal. Both buyers and sellers.

Uncle AJ

Fist of Thunder > Lightning Flash
Mantra of Evasion > Hard Target (or, if survivability is fine, Backlash)

This is also what I came up with after rethinking my skills from the ground up to be able to stand up to mobs without constantly running away.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acYXgh!YXd!ZZcbaa

Some people might raise their eyebrows at Tempest Rush, but it's a great escape mechanism if you're completely surrounded or cornered. Pop Serenity, then TR away from the pack to get some breathing room, and the enemies will be too slow to chase you down. If the mob has Vortex, I save this combo for emergencies. Plus, I just got too addicted to it as a mobility/utility skill to keep up with all of you asshole DHs dashing all over the place. ;)

Seize the Initiative as a passive is also a perfect compliment to MoE:Hard Target, because as a Monk you're going to want to favor Dexterity over all other stats anyway.

Constantly refresh MoE for quick heals (no cooldown!) and higher chance to dodge.

With 2 fists and a spirit stone I've got 5 spirit/sec regen, whereas I used to rely on Chant of Resonance to give me that little extra bit of regen I needed.

Mystery

Act III Nightmare with 230+ gold farm. Get 5 NV stacks, your GF should go to above 300, and kill spiders. DH can do these runs in about 12-15 minutes, and averages 80-120K per run.

Dank Cellar in Act I is a very easy farm. Start quest 2: Explore Cellar, and when you port to the Old Ruins and run west, you'll activate a checkpoint right next to the dead guard's body.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for everyone to stack 60% crit chance and then Blizz announcing that's not how they intended the game to be played

I'll just quit playing my Barbarian if they ever pulled something like this. I'm at 47% crit chance and 210% crit damage and it's a lot of fun to play. I don't see why they'd have any reason to nerf this setup, but if they do, fuck it.

scy

Some people might raise their eyebrows at Tempest Rush, but it's a great escape mechanism if you're completely surrounded or cornered. Pop Serenity, then TR away from the pack to get some breathing room, and the enemies will be too slow to chase you down. If the mob has Vortex, I save this combo for emergencies. Plus, I just got too addicted to it as a mobility/utility skill to keep up with all of you asshole DHs dashing all over the place. ;)

I ran TR on my Monk for the movement on farm runs :|

I think it's impossible to get to 60% Crit chance but I could be wrong.

Depends on the class. I think Barb has the highest at right around 70% Crit.

eek5

I think it's impossible to get to 60% Crit chance but I could be wrong.

I think you can get around 40-45 from gear. 5% base and then whatever passives/skills you can pad on top of that.

edit: not counting any legendaries that might have crit% on slots where it can't normally roll (are there any?)

Finally got a decent accessory drop. It has above average rolls but I don't know if it really works for any class :lol

NUY5w.png

Why wouldn't a wizard or WD want that? I guess if they're still in glass cannon mindset maybe they wouldn't, but it's pretty ridiculous for a tradeoff of dps and survivability. You could use a piece like this and then completely forego VIT on another piece, making it easier to find a good item that's affordable.

Ashhong

Why wouldn't a wizard or WD want that? I guess if they're still in glass cannon mindset maybe they wouldn't, but it's pretty ridiculous for a tradeoff of dps and survivability.

LOH doesn't work with Hydra right? As a wizard, I would be weary of dropping my DPS like that for more health.

Shouta

I think you can get around 40-45 from gear. 5% base and then whatever passives/skills you can pad on top of that.

edit: not counting any legendaries that might have crit% on slots where it can't normally roll (are there any?)

Ah. I meant gear only but it's likely now that I think about it. Dunno how feasible though.

Seems like 200-300 for Act I, and 600+ for Act II and beyond is a good place to be for resists. You can probably get by with less, though. I don't really know Demon Hunter's play, but I imagine they benefit from having a lot of Life on Hit or Life Steal gear like anyone else.

I think less is fine for a DH. Those numbers are for Barbarians and Monks, who have no choice but to get hit by everything under the sun. I would imagine you could cut those numbers by about 30% and still be in a reasonable position as a DH or Wizard.

Neki

Ah. I meant gear only but it's likely now that I think about it. Dunno how feasible though.

I'm running 40.5 right now with Scoundrel buff so I think it'd be doable. Not sure if the DPS is worth it though, would be a fun build though.

scy

I can't think of any. There are some skills that get +Crit%, however, and some of those can show up on slots that don't get +Crit%.

eek5

So wait, in D3 there is no way to exit a boss fight that you aren't going to win, except by dying, right? (Legit question...I'm genuinely curious)

If you could manage not to get hit for 10 seconds you could exit game, otherwise you'd have to just die, yeah.

No, maybe that's why im confused on how he could be a challenge. lol

Before you could kind of just stay in front of him (and out of the poison). Now he randomly spawns 2 clouds of poison each time and they can stack on top of each other (or at least it seems like they can) which does crazy DoT even if you're running superstition. When he enrages after 3 minutes the entire room basically fills with poison.

Shouta

I'm running 40.5 right now with Scoundrel buff so I think it'd be doable. Not sure if the DPS is worth it though, would be a fun build though.

That's what I mean. I wonder if the DPS would be good enough to consider it.

Regardless, I think IAS was a lot more busted than Crit could potentially be.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
I don't understand why they were shocked that people were stacking haste.

The same thing happened when they introduced it in WoW, and they ended up nerfing it then, too, IIRC (eventually, anyway).

eek5

I don't understand why they were shocked that people were stacking haste.

The same thing happened when they introduced it in WoW, and they ended up nerfing it then, too, IIRC (eventually, anyway).

What I don't understand is why rings could roll almost the same amount as amulets in the first place when almost all other rolls are halved on rings.

Does every little bit of IAS help or does it work in break points? ie: does going from 1.94 to 1.97 do just as much as going from 1.99 to 2.02?

In diablo 2, didn't the monsters attack the closest person to them? I feel really annoyed when I'm still having to kite around with a monk or barb in my game.

inky

NUY5w.png

I would wear that on my Barb proudly. This is my current one:

RzGNJ.png

I also got some set boots (Natalya's) Thanks Achtius =D

1.03 has so many issues that should have been found through basic playthroughs. Unbeatable bosses, Zombie Bears, multiple passives being busted. 1.03 is an attempt by Blizzard to bolster their RMAH at the expense of breaking their game. If we make it harder to farm more people will buy off the RMAH. What puts it over the top is Blizzard QA asking the public to test stuff for them. DO YOUR JOB!

Also, I just went to the Highlands Passage before the Warden, and there was no event at all. I didn't think that was possible. I always get ether the weapon maker or the merchant.

Twice in a row there last night I had no event, just some mobs lying in ambush when I went to flip over a dead body.

eek5

So, Blizzard breaks a boss like this, and you attempt it in Inferno, in Hardcore, and you just lose your character?

This game is so busted.

Alright my only impression of Ghom earlier was running in a party. I just did it solo and it wasn't too bad. I think the poison fog is still a bit overdone as it fills the room way too quickly and it lingers around a bit too long. I'm not sure I could've survived if I didn't have 1200 LoH.

I had 11k armor, 33k dps (buffed), 1k poison resis for the fight which is way overkill for the first boss in A3. Most barbs will probably hit Ghom with <20k dps which would most likely put them right on the edge of enrage timer even with multiple WotBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom