• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amusingly that shout is one of the few reasons to even continue playing a Barb. The other defensive skills are pretty lousy.

Any Barbarian not using Nerves of Steel is either ignorant, or crazy and trying out a crazy awesome setup such as the Ranged Barb. It's practically required for most builds.

Have you actually played the game post patch? I can walk around in Act 3 without Nerves of Steel, Superstition, OR Tough as Nails and kill shit just fine. All close range melee.

Because I'm still trying things out, I usually still keep 2 of those (generally either NoS and Superstition or TaN and Superstition), but I've tried it losing all 3 abilities and going things like Ruthless/Berseker Rage/Brawler, or Ruthless/Berserker Rage/Weapons master and it's perfectly fine. Note that this is with sword and shield and standard tanking build (with sprint for occasional health regen), not some funky 2H WW infinite fury build.

Blizz is so hilarious, re: item repairs.

“We think item repairs are in a good place and feedback is good.

*wall of text*

We’re going to change it."

Totakeke

Barb warcry also increases their resist by 50% if you rune for it. Best Monk gets for skills is 20% outside of the passive.

Anyway, here's my gear

Seems like my DH my have a number of better all resist gear than your monk. Only that I stash most of them to trade for more dps. Maybe not coordinated on elemental resistances though. Mm, need to level up that monk.

Volodja

I like playing against Belial with the game randomly deciding that I haven't actually moved in the last second. Every green bomb of death I dodge is exciting: did I actually dodge it or is the game gonna suck me back into it?

I also really enjoy the radius of the aoe being 1 good meter more than what the effects show.

Fun.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wear and tear cost is a bit high. I did a bunch of Act 1 yesterday without dying and had an 8k gold bill at the end. I probably picked up well over 200k in gold, but it's still stupid that you kind of have to "pay to play". I understand it is as a death penalty, but wear and tear cost should just go away.

Shouta

Seems like my DH my have a number of better all resist gear than your monk. Only that I stash most of them to trade for more dps. Maybe not coordinated on elemental resistances though. Mm, need to level up that monk.

I used to have a much higher resist stat but I swapped to focus on evasion and DPS.

Wear and tear cost is a bit high. I did a bunch of Act 1 yesterday without dying and had an 8k gold bill at the end. I probably picked up well over 200k in gold, but it's still stupid that you kind of have to "pay to play". I understand it is as a death penalty, but wear and tear cost should just go away.

I'm ok with some wear and tear penalty, but they should cut it by a factor of about 5.

They are increasing the amount of time it takes to require a repair assuming you rarely die.

Not the cost of a repair. It's not difficult to understand, unless your goal is just to mislead people.

I worded it like an ass, but I'm basically arguing that reduced 'wear-and-tear' boils down to lower repair costs. Sure, the actual costs don't go down, but you pay less because your durability on items goes down slower unless you straight up die.

Fantomex

Before the patch I was a 55 Barb, dw, pulling out my shield on elite mobs on hell difficulty. Now, I get killed constantly shield or no shield. My damage was based on survivability and single target damage mostly. Do barbs need to go back to AOE dps builds?

Shouta

So with your build and gear, is it still a race to kill before you get killed for most mobs? Or you can just take your sweet time to kill them if you wanted.

If it's just physical, electric, reflect damage, I can just sit and take it. If it's Molten, Desecrator, Arcane Sentry, or Plague, it depends. I usually slowly kite, moving away from shit and repositioning to fight. I have LoH and use Transcendence so as long as I'm not overwhelmed, I can just kill shit. Especially in act 3, if you face a molten or plague enemy, you can set yourself up in a doorway and they can't overlap puddles of poison or run around you with molten so it becomes much much easier.

Wedge7

With the nerf to IAS, are they as valuable in general, or is it now more of a "Oh, thats nice type stat" as opposed to something you gotta have on them.

Specifically, on gloves, I remember before that I would have alot of trouble selling gloves that didn't have Attack speed on them, they may have main stat/crit chance/crit dmg, but it was still hard sell without that nice attk speed.

WIth the nerf, and everything taking a massive hit, is that 5-9% that highly sought after anymore, or do most people now just care about main stat/crit chance/crit dmg?

When looking at rings and amulets how much value do +x-+y damage hold?

Is there a way to find out how much dex it would take to negate the +damage?

Neodyn

pxr3O.png

Weird, even with an authenticator a bunch of my Legendary Stuff turned into garbage yesterday.

Whooter

With the nerf to IAS, are they as valuable in general, or is it now more of a "Oh, thats nice type stat" as opposed to something you gotta have on them.

Specifically, on gloves, I remember before that I would have alot of trouble selling gloves that didn't have Attack speed on them, they may have main stat/crit chance/crit dmg, but it was still hard sell without that nice attk speed.

WIth the nerf, and everything taking a massive hit, is that 5-9% that highly sought after anymore, or do most people now just care about main stat/crit chance/crit dmg?

When looking at rings and amulets how much value do +x-+y damage hold?

Is there a way to find out how much dex it would take to negate the +damage?

I'm dying to know the answers to both of these, as well...

Ploid 3.0

I came into this game wanting to go all out pet class with WD (love Beast Master in ffxi, best class I ever played in any game, EVER). After playing a few of the other classes I'm hooked on melee wizard. It's fun, reminds me of blink tanking in ffxi.

Started messing around in act 4 and easily killed the Izkatu because he has so many adds to feed off of. Rakanoth gave me a bit of a problem, he kept one shotting me near death even though I had up a fresh diamond skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonzW7uBeo0&feature=player_detailpage#t=185s

Cipherr

All they said is that they are going to reduce wear and tear from non-death combat. Not that they're going to reduce repair costs.

They are still reducing what the average person will spend on repairs over time.

And Ill continue to bet, they will go even further than this. Just wait and see. This change was poorly thought out. They have already started to back peddle, and they will reduce the potency of the change even further than this. Be it directly or indirectly, costs for repairs over time are GOING to recede from where this patch put it.

Blizzard HATES classes like this.

The Necro SUCKED at release.
The Warlock (in WoW) sucked at release.
And now they broke the WD.

I know that a summoner is never the right class to pick in a blizzard game.

Although, at this point, the same thing could be said about every class, because they like breaking things.
Except rogues, fuck rogues.

I think Mages in WoW have the longest running period without being nerfed (they have been buffed.) They either haven't been nerfed at all for 8 years, or the last time they were nerfed was Vanilla.

Interestingly enough, they've been mostly balanced throughout all that time.

Lesath

I've noticed a significant drop in price when it comes to attack speed gloves. People are considering Crit % and Crit DMG as viable (and superior DPS) alternatives, though you don't really need more than 15k DPS to kill stuff before enrage timers, given enough mitigation. High-end attack speed rings (8-9%) are still prohibitively expensive from what I see, but I hope people keep overreacting and jumping ship so I can snipe some good prices off the AH.

LoH is huge right now. You can easily stack a couple thousand and just tank through shit taking hits and refilling your life.

I sold a Ring of Gore which was just a blue ring with 180ish life on hit for 20k, there was a couple pages of them yet mine sold in maybe 15 seconds. Probably could have got more.

With all that additional stuff, yea you can get quite a bit for that. That Passive Regen is nice for kiting around when facing someone stronger that you cant completely tank all at once.

Zzoram

WTF

so I log on and my stash is all reorganized, I don't think anything is missing though

is this a bug other people have had?

LoH is huge right now. You can easily stack a couple thousand and just tank through shit taking hits and refilling your life.

I sold a Ring of Gore which was just a blue ring with 180ish life on hit for 20k, there was a couple pages of them yet mine sold in maybe 15 seconds. Probably could have got more.

With all that additional stuff, yea you can get quite a bit for that. That Passive Regen is nice for kiting around when facing someone stronger that you cant completely tank all at once.

Time to buy some, use it for 3 weeks, then sell it all before blizzard yanks the rug out from under it.

Wedge7

Anyone have any knowledge or insight selling high lvl gloves? I know their are a few on gaf who make the 6 prop ones, and I assume sell for decent money. I just cant wrap my head around nicer, high end gloves? I see stuff that is normal that sells for around 2-3 million, but then I see astronomical prices like 8-10 million. Do those sell? I wish I could see a sold tab. Should I try gambling and pricing these quite high like at 5 million, or would something like 2-3 million be more realistic. Like I said, I see gloves way higher, but who knows if stuff like that even sells to be honest. Not to mention I cant search for 4 tabs at once, so it makes it kinda harder.

gloves1.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone have any knowledge or insight selling high lvl gloves? I know their are a few on gaf who make the 6 prop ones, and I assume sell for decent money. I just cant wrap my head around nicer, high end gloves? I see stuff that is normal that sells for around 2-3 million, but then I see astronomical prices like 8-10 million. Do those sell? I wish I could see a sold tab. Should I try gambling and pricing these quite high like at 5 million, or would something like 2-3 million be more realistic. Like I said, I see gloves way higher, but who knows if stuff like that even sells to be honest. Not to mention I cant search for 4 tabs at once, so it makes it kinda harder.

gloves1.png
Gloves can roll crit, crit dmg, ias, good dex.

They can go up very high in price.

Xanathus

Just keep putting it on the RMAH for >$200 for a week. It will sell.

Revoh

After a month and 5 days of playing everyday I'm starting to get really bored with the game.
There's just not much to do once you finish inferno and your gear is really good.
I can level another class but meh :/

Wedge7

Fuck, you serious?

I thought the big ticket items were just generally weapons and nice legendaries.

Fuck, I honestly dont even bother looking at RMAH for "normal" yellow equipment.

gloves1.png

Those gloves are ridiculous. Price them for a 5m opening bid and a 15m buyout.

The only way they coudl be be better is with Vitality, All Resist, or Magic Find.

Sophia

Have you actually played the game post patch? I can walk around in Act 3 without Nerves of Steel, Superstition, OR Tough as Nails and kill shit just fine. All close range melee.

Because I'm still trying things out, I usually still keep 2 of those (generally either NoS and Superstition or TaN and Superstition), but I've tried it losing all 3 abilities and going things like Ruthless/Berseker Rage/Brawler, or Ruthless/Berserker Rage/Weapons master and it's perfectly fine. Note that this is with sword and shield and standard tanking build (with sprint for occasional health regen), not some funky 2H WW infinite fury build.

I'm still getting shit on in Act 2 without those skills, actually. Gonna adjust my gear and try a DPS build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom