• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Still can't kill Belial in time :(

Either I happen across a godlike 10billion gold weapon or, I replace my entire set of gear with a similar one with more dex. Also, costing 10 billion gold

Kurupt and I will be doing it in like 15-20 mins if you want in

LukeSmith

I think vision quest will finally be nerfed, or weapons with stun/freeze chance will be instead.
http://youtu.be/uY_WJ_qdT4E

Why would stun freeze weapons be nerfed? Wasn't the Wizard in the video spamming frost nova using the crit-melee build to expedite the cooldown on his skills + time bubble to slow Diablo?

Am I watching the wrong video? This just looks like two guys clevering synchronizing their stuns/disables (which will absolutely go on DR at some point - I'm shocked that they aren't).

You know the unskippable piracy warnings at the start of DVDs that piss everyone off and are only viewed by people who bought the damn thing,not pirates.

Thats how I feel about 1.03.

Some of the anti-boting, farmer changes in 1.03 and before that all feel like bandaids and the actual game has suffered for it.

ps. have they fixed Ghom yet?

I dont think Ghom is as bad as people are making him out to be.

I mean yes, he's hard, but like you know he's in act 3 right? So you might need to respec to some funky build with abilities and passives you've never used before. Or upgrade some gear. Or find a group. But all this stuff about him being unkillable is total BS

Im not saying he should necessarily stay this way forever, just that he's not the end of the world in his current form

Why would stun freeze weapons be nerfed? Wasn't the Wizard in the video spamming frost nova using the crit-melee build to expedite the cooldown on his skills + time bubble to slow Diablo?

Am I watching the wrong video? This just looks like two guys clevering synchronizing their stuns/disables (which will absolutely go on DR at some point - I'm shocked that they aren't).

It won't get nerfed but the video is basically a witch doctor spamming acid cloud with a bunch of +% stun/freeze/blind on hit gear to just chain CC diablo. That wasn't the wizard doing the freezing.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Unfortunately almost every one of those rares is worthless.

I'm getting LESS loot worth using/selling AFTER the patch. With so much junk dropping I've stopped picking up blues that are ilvl60 or less.

Yeah, besides a few things that dropped (which aren't even for my character) most of it's garbage. Rings/amulets drop more often, and the 0.01% chance you get a lvl 62-63 you get something interesting. Other than that, all weapons dropping are absolute shit. A few armor pieces beat stuff before.

I'm hoping the rate is enough to bring down AH prices over time, but I'm not sure. It think people are just giving up. Haven't seen anyone on my friends list log on in days.

I have noticed changes. Random placements of replentishment chests and goblins, but they almost never drop anything worth much.

Gold drop rate seems to be down at least 30%. I can only make money by farming act 1 and not dying.

Yeah, I'm going to switch to civ5. I may or may not return to this game. It's becoming increasingly apparent that blizzard is just trying to maximize RMAH transations. Instead they should be creating new content, not shuffling around which items are good while systematically reducing gold income. What's next, a real money repair smith?

Yeah, besides a few things that dropped (which aren't even for my character) most of it's garbage. Rings/amulets drop more often, and the 0.01% chance you get a lvl 62-63 you get something interesting. Other than that, all weapons dropping are absolute shit. A few armor pieces beat stuff before.

I'm hoping the rate is enough to bring down AH prices over time, but I'm not sure. It think people are just giving up. Haven't seen anyone on my friends list log on in days.

I have noticed changes. Random placements of replentishment chests and goblins, but they almost never drop anything worth much.

Gold drop rate seems to be down at least 30%.

I think I'm giving my up. Busting my ass to do act 3 and 4. Then what? Bust my ass to make a few hundred on the RMAH?

No thanks. Goodbye until the future.

Gold drop rate seems to be down at least 30%. I can only make money by farming act 1 and not dying.

Yeah, I'm going to switch to civ5. I may or may not return to this game. It's becoming increasingly apparent that blizzard is just trying to maximize RMAH transations. Instead they should be creating new content, not shuffling around which items are good.

The rah thing seemed like a far fetched meme to me until this latest patch, when everything has just clicked, and I'm seriously convinced that this is in fact the driving force in their design philosophy now. No hyperbole, it just makes perfect sense.

mileS

Anyone watching kripp right now? holy shit I had no idea they nerfed inferno diablo THAT much. Hes got decent gear but its like... it could be soooo much better overall. It's literally a fucking joke.

Radec

Is having a shield on a Wiz a bad idea?

I'm just sacrificing the 90-325 damage stat on the source, but will gain armor, block, vit, 300 life regen

Ashodin

^ That's a pretty badass looking dude.

Thanks, I worked hard on making him look beastly as well as surviving in Inferno.

And. AND.

I CAN DO ACT 2 INFERNO GUYS

After those upgrades Act 2 Inferno became a hell of a lot more comfortable to play in, things still make me explode, but if I'm on the ball, I can do it no probs. Feels good man.

inky

Thanks, I worked hard on making him look beastly as well as surviving in Inferno.

And. AND.

I CAN DO ACT 2 INFERNO GUYS

Godspeed man. It's pretty cool to see people trying shit that shouldn't work (and succeed :p) even with all the weird nerfs and stuff going around. Also, your character looks pretty boss.

teh_pwn

Tons of threads on the official forums saying the same thing. I've been getting nothing but crap as well. Torchlight 2 couldn't come any sooner.

Yep. Just because it says iLvl 63 doesn't mean it is to me. I get tons of magical items that have shitty armor and 1 shitty stat. Stuff that level 54 magical items beat. It's like they're trolling us.

The one thing they did deliver on was reducing the absurdity of act2+. I could beat act 2 if I wanted to. I did half of it yesterday. I just really do not enjoy fleeing from extra health + health link + invulnerable minions or whatever combination would require another 10k dps and 2k armor to beat.

Anyone interested in Lidless wall shield?? Socketed... 88 intelligence 20something resist all... 924 armor, life regen, ? attack speed but bleh... Looking to move on, as i've been wearing it for a long while.. nice mid level thing to have

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
ok. i think i'm inches from retiring. so sick of this game and its shenanigans.

And it only took 1 character class!

RIP Diablo Gaf. twas a mediocre ride while it lasted. The best part was the week leading up to release.

Tons of threads on the official forums saying the same thing. I've been getting nothing but crap as well. Torchlight 2 couldn't come any sooner.

I'm starting to look forward to it more and more now

Something that the first Torchlight did very well was make every piece of loot feel like it was worth something. Magic items always had interesting stats and rares always had something interesting added to them. The uniques, they were actually unique

Throw gems into the mix that can completely change the element of weapons and whatnot, add healing a bunch of other crazy jazz and you've got a recipe for some interesting gear combinations.

The people behind the uninteresting loot in this game have a very poor understanding of what drives people and gives them satisfaction in this genre

rCIZZLE

Well, if Blizzard wants to officially kill their game then they'll make all inferno drops godly. I wish I could see the complainers in D2. Sure, it had more item variety but it was even worse then for average drop value.

parasight

I'm surprised to hear everyone complaining about the loot post-patch. I've been getting a lot of great stuff and Act II is way more fun to farm than Act III.

Anyone interested in Lidless wall shield?? Socketed... 88 intelligence 20something resist all... 924 armor, life regen, ? attack speed but bleh... Looking to move on, as i've been wearing it for a long while.. nice mid level thing to have

nobody... i'd go cheap actually, just need some gold, and need to respec a bit with different gear after attack speed nerf

Sarcasm

Unfortunately almost every one of those rares is worthless.

I'm getting LESS loot worth using/selling AFTER the patch. With so much junk dropping I've stopped picking up blues that are ilvl60 or less.

So how do you know if you don't pick them up? Or is part of the name the indicator?

Well, if Blizzard wants to officially kill their game then they'll make all inferno drops godly. I wish I could see the complainers in D2. Sure, it had more item variety but it was even worse then for average drop value.

Who is asking for "all inferno drops " to be godly?

I dont think Ghom is as bad as people are making him out to be.

I mean yes, he's hard, but like you know he's in act 3 right? So you might need to respec to some funky build with abilities and passives you've never used before. Or upgrade some gear. Or find a group. But all this stuff about him being unkillable is total BS

Im not saying he should necessarily stay this way forever, just that he's not the end of the world in his current form

I've finished inferno as a DH solo. I can't kill him. The entire room fills with gas within 30secs.

teh_pwn

Yeah, I'm also not asking for this.

I played 5 hours today and got 0 drops worth a damn for my wizard.

Most of it was shit. Rings with 1 socket, +18 min damage, and 2k health orb pickups. Why even drop this? Only purpose it serves is to slightly offset repair cost.

Got a few lukewarm items that I sold on the AH for 50-100k each.

The weapon I bought for 4M a few days ago got nerfed 150 damage. I'm looking at replacements that have INT instead of attackspeed. At least 10M. I made 1M in 4 hours.

In game I get 250 dps iLvl 60 wands which are useless.

I'm just not seeing the fun here. Fun games like this are supposed to end. I just seem a moving goalpost and all of these ques to spend money in RMAH. I'm just going to play Civ 5's expansion. I think you only need $30 real money bucks for this for life, not $250 for a wand that will likely get nerfed.

rCIZZLE

That was obviously sarcasm... but people still expect to find great stuff way too common. People are complaining a day after the patch that they aren't getting. ONE DAY. It's especially funny when the drop rate in regards to ilvl62 and ilvl63 percent is close to what Blizzard said and they still complain.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Welcome to Diablo, folks.

That was obviously sarcasm... but people still expect to find great stuff way too common. People are complaining a day after the patch that they aren't getting. ONE DAY. It's especially funny when the drop rate in regards to ilvl62 and ilvl63 percent is close to what Blizzard said and they still complain.

Even if the game was like objectively the best game ever made people would still complain about something.

I'm starting to look forward to it more and more now

Something that the first Torchlight did very well was make every piece of loot feel like it was worth something. Magic items always had interesting stats and rares always had something interesting added to them. The uniques, they were actually unique

Throw gems into the mix that can completely change the element of weapons and whatnot, add healing a bunch of other crazy jazz and you've got a recipe for some interesting gear combinations.

The people behind the uninteresting loot in this game have a very poor understanding of what drives people and gives them satisfaction in this genre

Torchlight 1 had better loot? What? It's loot was one of the worst of any ARPG I've played, hello Enchanter spam?

Ploid 3.0

Is having a shield on a Wiz a bad idea?

I'm just sacrificing the 90-325 damage stat on the source, but will gain armor, block, vit, 300 life regen

7ddab1d127bbb774091e42c601e79d0551ec97a3.jpg

Shield wiz represent. It's good if you aren't going all out damage. Wizard has a lot of defensive abilities without shield, we can be as slippery as we want to be (illusionist, force armor, etc). If you find a shield with stats suited for your style of play try it out. When you start blocking you might like it.

Tried to find a wizard with shield (LOTR guy, etc) but I guess they were too awesome to need one.

Dude, I have been getting shit in act 1 and 2 since release. I have 200 hours invested in the game. 300-600k gold total. No drops that were upgrades for myself. The patch should have improved things, but it's still crap.

Spending 5 hours in act 2 today and not getting a thing to sale is very bad.

rCIZZLE

I don't understand some people. I spend 5 hours getting trash that cannot sell for a thing. There is something wrong. There's no reason to say "if they make all drops godly blah blah blah".

Yeah, I'm also not asking for this.

I played 5 hours today and got 0 drops worth a damn for my wizard.

Most of it was shit. Rings with 1 socket, +18 min damage, and 2k health orb pickups. Why even drop this? Only purpose it serves is to slightly offset repair cost.

Got a few lukewarm items that I sold on the AH for 50-100k each.

The weapon I bought for 4M a few days ago got nerfed 150 damage. I'm looking at replacements that have INT instead of attackspeed. At least 10M. I made 1M in 4 hours.

In game I get 250 dps iLvl 60 wants which are useless.

I'm just not seeing the fun here. Fun games like this are supposed to end. I just seem a moving goalpost and all of these queues to spend money in RMAH. I'm just going to play Civ 5's expansion. I think you only need $30 real money bucks for this for life, not $250 for a wand that will likely get nerfed.

And other people have found a lot of stuff worth very much in the past day. If these good items weren't dropping then the good item standard would drop and stuff you find would be worth more. 5 hours in a random loot generated game is not nearly enough time to come to any conclusions about the drop rate. Their goal was to have the end of Hell and A1 inferno drop stuff that could carry you to endgame. Since a random zombie in A1 can drop the same loot as inferno Diablo, I'd say they did what they set out for.

And other people have found a lot of stuff worth very much in the past day. If these good items weren't dropping then the good item standard would drop and stuff you find would be worth more. 5 hours in a random loot generated game is not nearly enough time to come to any conclusions about the drop rate. Their goal was to have the end of Hell and A1 inferno drop stuff that could carry you to endgame. Since a random zombie in A1 can drop the same loot as inferno Diablo, I'd say they did what they set out for.
I've invested 200 hours in the game, and the loot system as been shit the whole time as I described above.

Ploid 3.0

I don't understand some people. I spend 5 hours getting trash that cannot sell for a thing. There is something wrong. There's no reason to say "if they make all drops godly blah blah blah".

5 hours, try five + days. I started doing long elite act clearing runs since the patch. Got a legendary on one but 100dmg is way too low for a level 50 weapon, and the stats were silly. I mean, "yay a legendary dropped!"

The last part was perfect. "I'm playing diablo"

rCIZZLE

Dude, I have been getting shit in act 1 and 2 since release. I have 200 hours invested in the game. 300-600k gold total. No drops that were upgrades for myself. The patch should have improved things, but it's still crap.

Spending 5 hours in act 2 today and not getting a thing to sale is very bad.

I've invested 200 hours in the game, and the loot system as been shit the whole time as I described above.

It's a game based on randomization. Sounds like you're having a combination of bad luck and not knowing what is sellable.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889160254

Just repeating what others have been saying everywhere else. Doing an act 3 run pre-patch would net me at least ONE ilvl 62 item. Now I'm lucky to even see a ilvl 61 item. I'm not complaining about how crappy my items are, because frankly I've disenchanted tons of ilvl 62 and 63 loot that was worse than ilvl 60 loot and I understand that bad rolls will give me bad loot. I'm complaining about the quality of drops since the patch, as are other people. Also lol @ bashiok's response in that thread... Seriously? He thinks that people didn't know Ilvls before the patch? Really bashiok? It's been on the diablo 3 website since launch day!

I'd think a bunch of players all having the same complaint should cancel out some of the "only been 1 day since the patch... loot rng" comments.

Gotchaye

I've had pretty good experiences with the new patch. I can go through Act 1 really, really quickly, and in two runs through I got a handful of 500k items and a really nice source with great damage, crit chance, max arcane power, and arcane power on crit, plus a socket.

The individual drops aren't as good as what I could get out of Act 3 Inferno pre-patch, but I can fly through Act 1 with Archon without dying and at least three times as quickly as I could do Act 3. I end up with a lot more ilvl 61+ items than I was getting before, many of which are decent. I don't get as many ilvl 63 items, and it wouldn't surprise me if they reduced the drop rate of ilvl 63 items even in Act 3 in order to compensate for the monster nerfs, but I've been getting enough good ilvl 62 stuff to make up for it.

It's a game based on randomization. Sounds like you're having a combination of bad luck and not knowing what is sellable.
I know it's a game designed on RNG, and their RNG system is complete crap. Mainly and obviously because of the RMAH.

I compare every single thing to other items on the AH and it's all under 5k. A few 100-200k items here and there.

Having 300-600k after 200 hours is pathetic.

I shouldn't need to be good at buying low and reselling high to succeed at the game. I should be able to find stuff in the world. It has all been crap.

The highest thing I ever sold was 3 million, and I farmed 7 million myself to get my current gear that has got me half way into act 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom