• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that. Does anyone have some solid stats on what triggers it? I can live with 5 minute long sessions, since I can go kill some demons while I wait.

Not sure. I was farming road to alcarnus no probs and then decided to PL my last level to 60 just to get it done with. I was running Iskatu every 35secs or so and now I have to wait even between my Alcarnus runs.

Thats a good way of putting it. I guess, for me the fun isnt really in the destination, its in the journey. Skipping to the end by buying all the gear would ruin the only part of the game I value.

Theres a whole group of people that find getting naked and jumping in sub freezing water to be fun and exhilarating, /shrug different strokes and all.

Buying items would ruin the game for me. Sure I could go and get the best items and roll Diablo on inferno. But what's the point? When you've done that whats left? Buying would actually decrease my enjoyment of the game.

I completely agree with you, but I won't judge somebody else because they want to buy stuff. Really, if I play for 100 hours without buying stuff and have fun, then another guy plays for 100 hours, buys stuff and has just as much fun, isn't that the end goal?

I feel bad for those who will spend money on gear and then realize that they now have the gear and are getting nothing from the game now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now I am wishing I didn't just fill all 10 slots up with junk. Oh well, they end soon enough I guess :/

So how much gold per dollar now?

I don't think we'll know for a few days. They need to get commodity auctions up for us to figure this out, and I believe they're still unavailable.

edit: at least, officially. Not paying attention to the 3rd party gold sellers, I tend to forget they exist ;p

DTKT

I dont think you realize how little some people care about $50.

These people are wrong! But I just feel like anyone paying 50$ is getting ripped off. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a weapon. It's just that they are ready to get gouged at 50$. :|

Vodh

I just don't see anyone getting 50$ worth of entertainment. That's a entire new game. A few movies, a couple of books.

I mean, I have nothing agaisn't paying money in F2P games. I just spend 30$ on World of Tanks. But that 30$ will translate into 10-12 new tanks. Heh.

When you have really limited time and earn good money, if you happen to like D3 and you want to be able to beat Inferno but don't have the time to grind the gear necessary, how is that a bad deal in your book? What good is a new game when you don't even have time to play it? Same goes for books, and movies are relatively cheap to buy/rent anyways, there's more people than you might think who are actually just able to afford all the movies and games they're interested in seeing/playing and still have leftover money to spend on entertainment.

I might see myself buying some 5 quid weapon, maybe a ring or two, just to skip the start of the inferno grind on some char, and I'm not sleeping on money as a fresh uni graduate - I imagine adding a zero to that figure wouldn't be that much of a difference once I'm actually properly employed.

The only thing that strikes me as crazy is just how impatient some people are and how badly they understand how the market is going to look. Sure, some of those 30$ crappy stormshields are definitely people who light up their cigars using $100 bills, but I'd imagine there's actually also a lot of people who just think they were grabbing a really good deal because they think the prices are actually going to go up...

BigDug13

Prevents you from starting a new game session for 10-15 minutes.

What? What if I log on my monk and realize I left his good weapon on another character. I log off and log on second character and put weapon back into stash. Then I try to log back onto monk and it will tell me no?

LordCanti

Blizzard needs to hurry up and "process" my sales. It's been hours now. Take their money, give me their money, give them my item. It's a simple process.

These people are wrong!

But I do agree, it just feels wrong. Especially in a game like Diablo, where the goal is to acquire gear to grind better. Which is something they are bypassing in order to...

To what exactly?

In order to more efficiently farm gear to sell, perhaps

rCIZZLE

I just don't see anyone getting 50$ worth of entertainment. That's a entire new game. A few movies, a couple of books.

I mean, I have nothing agaisn't paying money in F2P games. I just spend 30$ on World of Tanks. But that 30$ will translate into 10-12 new tanks. Heh.

Why buy a new game for $50-60 when you can get 5x that much entertainment value by getting used?

sega4ever

Was reading there forums. and its supposedly to help sever lag..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159597?page=1

spend money on servers and tech support or limit the number of games a person can make?
spend money on servers and tech support or limit the number of simultaneous logins?
spend money on servers and tech support or disable sections of the auction house?

the most powerful person(s) at blizzard are their nameless accountants.

rCIZZLE

The same thing was in d2 as well online, used to get a temp ban if you created to many games in a row in a really fast time period. Eventually with enigma people would have to wait every 3 or 4 meph runs since you could run them to fast and end up temp banned lol.

At least with D2 you could waypoint to anywhere in the game. People would do Andy -> Meph -< Diablo -> Baal or some smaller combination to get around the temp ban.

sleepykyo

You know, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I picked up a bunch of gear with +40 or higher to all resists, when in previous runs I almost never found anything with + all resists on it. Not only that, but I found a 1-hander with 550+ DPS and some decent stats. Previously, the highest damage 1-hander I had ever seen in Act 1 was around 300 DPS.

I did add increase my Magic Find % a little bit, but Magic Find doesn't affect the quality of the items, does it?

I've been running a 550+ 1 hander for weeks. Ditto for the +40 stuff. I don't think the new tables are in, it is just that with the new magic find you probably hit that 100th item sooner. It's not like anyone normally keeps track of the vendor stuff.

DTKT

In order to more efficiently farm gear to sell, perhaps

You need time to farm, which is something people buying gear don't have. I just want to know who buy the 50$ gear.

Clueless Diablo newbies? Old people with a stable job that don't care about money?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just sold a source for $60 and am now at $300 for today. Funny I had a half dozen smaller sales and none of my higher priced, good stuff is moving. Wish the auction cancel thing was still in play. But anyway, I expect it to be hitting my Paypal just in time for the Steam sale.

Said source:

HLylv.png

It'd be interesting to see more stats of the stuff being sold. Anyone here managed to sell a weapon for $250 yet?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I might be willing to spend $10 for the best wand or source in the game. But $50 for some shit 900 dps with no stats. LOL.

The input limit stuff and the way Blizzard is acting is turning off the goggles, and now I just see the game as a pointless money making machine.

I'll give 1.03 a shot, but if it's bullshit I'm done.

^ Xelios, I'd pay Tree Fiddy for that. Damage is upper mid range but it has very little INT. Actually I have something better than that, minus the gold find. WHY are people pay money for this? :/

LordCanti

I asked this earlier and didn't get a response (I don't think):

Is there a bug where items for non-level-60 players don't show up in the AH? I tried sorting by level 50, and no results come up. This was happening earlier.

Soooo umm how do you register with PayPal? I keep hitting "Okay" and nothing happens.

Try going through the BNet website.

sleepykyo

Food for thought: why are people against spending money on RMAH but not against paying hundreds of $ in subscription fees over years of paying an mmo?

Can't I be against both? The only mmo I've played was Guild Wars which didn't charge subscription fees. I don't remember drops being nearly as bad.

My assumption is the monthly fees go toward the creation of new content. The RMAH fees provide Blizzard with the incentive (however minor) to makes drops just awful enough that players will want to use the AH, but not so awful that players altogether quit.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
^ Xelios, I'd pay Tree Fiddy for that. Damage is upper mid range but it has very little INT. Actually I have something better than that, minus the gold find. WHY are people pay money for this? :/

Funny thing, this was a replacement from when I sold my original wand (1099 dps) for 30m and my source that was better for 10 and converted the gold. Didn't know I'd end up selling this one too (and the 909 dps spear I linked earlier that I snagged for 300k as a replacement for the wand and sold for $60 as well).

That's why I said it'd be interesting to see people showing more stats of sold goods, I have no clue why people are paying what they are. I just bought a monk fist on the AH for under a million and put it up for $25. Gonna see what happens.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Legally buying instead of farming makes a lot of sense for reasons already made. Time that could be invested elsewhere.

It's why illegally buying from gold farmers in every mmo is still around.

But the game is promoting auction houses too much.

Saying no to the auction house and rmah shouldn't put people in farming hell.

I never played d1 or d2. Maybe I don't get that farming was the game. If it was.

Investing hours in this game feels like shit compared to wow.

Wait, you can get money out of the auction house ? I though Blizz' Plan was to make money get in but lock it in to avoid gold farming at commercial levels ?

inky

What? What if I log on my monk and realize I left his good weapon on another character. I log off and log on second character and put weapon back into stash. Then I try to log back onto monk and it will tell me no?

You probably would need about 1 or 2 more session changes, but that's the gist of it. Restarting the client doesn't work so you'll have to wait it out. This was probably a better fix to save for 1.0.3

Wait, you can get money out of the auction house ? I though Blizz' Plan was to make money get in but lock it in to avoid gold farming at commercial levels ?

They get a bigger cut if you take it out, so it's better for them if you go that route. They don't want to avoid it, they want to profit from it.

LordCanti

You can get it out via Paypal in NA. There's a 15% fee to do so (on items) and 30% on gold/gems/etc (whenever it comes up)

BigDug13

Legally buying instead of farming makes a lot of sense for reasons already made. Time that could be invested elsewhere.

It's why illegally buying from gold farmers in every mmo is still around.

But the game is promoting auction houses too much.

Saying no to the auction house and rmah shouldn't put people in farming hell.

I never played d1 or d2. Maybe I don't get that farming was the game. If it was.

Investing hours in this game feels like shit compared to wow.

That part is supposed to be getting fixed though. Some have said the drop rates already seem to have been improved. It makes sense to roll those drop changes out with this patch as it will cause people to put good items into RMAH circulation and gets that huge Blizzard revenue stream going.

May old friend error 37!

no doubt a ddos from some kid that just spent too much money on the RMAH and just now came to his senses about his $250 mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom