• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know just what sort of downsides you could run into, buy you can make extra auctions on different currencies.

kagete

I've only made 28$ of sales but my other brother, thorinbei sold a 150 int, 150 str, 80 vit 60 all res shoulder for $200 just before the AH went down. Hopefully when I wake up someone would have bought some of my items

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
That part is supposed to be getting fixed though. Some have said the drop rates already seem to have been improved. It makes sense to roll those drop changes out with this patch as it will cause people to put good items into RMAH circulation and gets that huge Blizzard revenue stream going.

Nah, I grinded for 2 hours tonight. There might have been more rares dropping, but they were still level 57-level "61" in act 1. 2 pieces were worth the AH but I was too lazy and sold to the merchant. Not sure if I'm going to keep playing depending on 1.03, and if 1.03 is what they say it is that equipment is junk.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Any one's item that was selling for real money showing "Processing?" How long will it take to clear?

Most peoples, and we really don't know but are assuming by what the e-mail says a few days max.

I've only made 28$ of sales but my other brother, thorinbei sold a 150 int, 150 str, 80 vit 60 all res shoulder for $200 just before the AH went down. Hopefully when I wake up someone would have bought some of my items

I find that kinda cool. I will never have enough time to farm and get great items to sell but $200 day at the spa for my wife would afford me all kinds of gaming!

thespot84

May old friend error 37!

no doubt a ddos from some kid that just spent too much money on the RMAH and just now came to his senses about his $250 mistake!

why not just chargeback from paypal? I get the feeling 50% of all the sales today are going to get charged back tomorrow anyways...there's zero recourse

Xamdou

Most peoples, and we really don't know but are assuming by what the e-mail says a few days max.

I see, I just put up a really good lvl 60 armor w/ a $100 buyout and was sold within a couple of hours! Take home amount is $84.15 after transaction fees!

Almost paid off my collector's edition ^_^;

MrDaravon

why not just chargeback from paypal? I get the feeling 50% of all the sales today are going to get charged back tomorrow anyways...there's zero recourse

Is there anything in the ToU we all agreed to today that prevents this somehow? I have to imagine they would have thought of that.

windz

Blizzard servers crashing and killing HC chars for the 3rd night in a row _at almost the exact same time_

DODGED THAT DEATH THOUGH

Wasn't so lucky last night nor was my friend who decided to take the HC plunge.

Nor was my other friend who got to 48 2 nights ago on his first char :(.

815-850 central = DONT PLAY HARDCORE. You will lag, you will die. This is beyond stupid.

How's the A1 loot looking? Are you guys still noticing increased item levels (possibly)?

I'll be logging on after the game and don't know if I want to level my WD or farm with my monk.

No luck for me on the RMAH so far. I'm stuck in A1 Inferno though- so no drops worth anything ever come.

Love all the people selling their gear for $1.25. After Blizzard and Paypal's take they'll get a whopping $0.20 from the sale :lol

Got stoked in my last run of the night when I see an Orange drop! Inspect it to reveal... Gladiator Gloves. Worst goddamn legendary ever.

maharg

idspispopd
Does anyone else think maybe the lag spikes the last couple of nights might not be Blizzard's fault, but people trying to achieve duping using similar means to Diablo 2's duping method (which generally involved lagging a server all to hell)?

xelios

They'll get accounts banned by Blizz, since the chargeback will be going to them. It's not gonna hurt the sellers. Why would anyone buy gear and then willingly get banned I have no idea. Buyers remorse after they see the things they paid $200 for selling for $50 and then $20?

Zuly

Mechanically, they are very similar, you die in one hit and you live by kiting.

Been kiting for 20+ years and I have no plans on stopping.
KuGsj.gif

BigDug13

No luck for me on the RMAH so far. I'm stuck in A1 Inferno though- so no drops worth anything ever come.

Love all the people selling their gear for $1.25. After Blizzard and Paypal's take they'll get a whopping $0.20 from the sale :lol

Got stoked in my last run of the night when I see an Orange drop! Inspect it to reveal... Gladiator Gloves. Worst goddamn legendary ever.

I thought it was like a percentage removed. If I sell something for $1.25, Paypal and Blizzard will take money out of it until I only get $0.20?

xanavi

cbnN2.jpg

I can't even remember all the stats this one had. I think it was 140 int, 70 vit, 55 resist all with a random 40+ resist and a socket. Worth $150? Somebody thought so!

xelios

cbnN2.jpg

I can't even remember all the stats this one had. I think it was 140 int, 70 vit, 55 resist all with a random 40+ resist and a socket. Worth $150? Somebody thought so!

God I have a ring just as good as this one or better that wont' sell for $125. Damn you! Also thanks a lot to my friend Nelo for helping me price it.

sleepykyo

How's the A1 loot looking? Are you guys still noticing increased item levels (possibly)?

I'll be logging on after the game and don't know if I want to level my WD or farm with my monk.

Still seems the same to me.

On another note, is there a trick to getting crafting recipes? These 3-4 bullet point exalted armor pieces just aren't cutting it and I've been sitting at the 700 and less weapons for days (maybe weeks) now.

xelios

So my experiment with flipping was a success. 1m gold = $20? I may do some more research into this while it's still viable.

aKXDN.png

05OAa.png

Vodh

I swear, I'm just gonna grab every single item worth something or looking that it might be worth something that I own and put it up for £100, banking on someone going 'Huh, with all those resist I guess 20 dex 10 vit isn't actually such a bad thing I guess since this item is obviously worth 100 quid because it says so right here...' and keep my fingers crossed.

BigDug13

I swear, I'm just gonna grab every single item worth something or looking that it might be worth something that I own and put it up for £100, banking on someone going 'Huh, with all those resist I guess 20 dex 10 vit isn't actually such a bad thing I guess since this item is obviously worth 100 quid because it says so right here...' and keep my fingers crossed.

Hahaha, it's like knock-offs being priced as high as originals and people buy it for the name not realizing how crappy their product is they just purchased.

RDreamer

So my experiment with flipping was a success. 1m gold = $20? I may do some more research into this while it's still viable.

aKXDN.png

05OAa.png

lol, if 1m gold = $20 then someone royally fucked up when they bought my Squirt's Necklace. The thing's worth like 100k and I sold it for $20. I also sold another unique shoulder thing for $4, and that was worth probably 20k.

Ketch

I put a bunch of good lvl 40 - 55 rares up for $1.99 each and one up for $15 as an experiment. I wish you could price stuff at $0.99... anybody will buy anything for $0.99.

If any of that sells I have a lvl 47 600 dps 2 hander I'm gonna try to sell next. HotS here I come.

xelios

lol, if 1m gold = $20 then someone royally fucked up when they bought my Squirt's Necklace. The thing's worth like 100k and I sold it for $20. I also sold another unique shoulder thing for $4, and that was worth probably 20k.

People have gone mad, clearly. But we are profiting from their madness.

Tapiozona

Banned
Anyone know if they nerfed treasure goblins? I've been farming Inferno, Act II, Road to Alcarnis and there's a treasure goblin which spawned there almost every single time but as of today, he's gone.

Assuming that they did the same with all treasure goblins who regularly spawned in the same location.

Anyone know if they nerfed treasure goblins? I've been farming Inferno, Act II, Road to Alcarnis and there's a treasure goblin which spawned there almost every single time but as of today, he's gone.

Assuming that they did the same with all treasure goblins who regularly spawned in the same location.

Been farming him all night in act 2 , really high spawn rate for me.

God dammit, how are you guys selling shit! Not even a nibble on any of my auctions and I stripped all my pro shit off of my main. Dammit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom