• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Some interesting suggestion videos for Blizzard by Athene and Krip.

Kripp's idea of champion levels is like merit points in Final Fantasy 11, which is actually something that I suggested back in beta, because I had a feeling that things were going to end up like they are now with nothing to do in endgame due to Inferno not being as hard as it was supposed to be.

The champion level reset ladder idea, however, is pretty innovative, and I really like that idea.

Athene's idea for hardcore PVP spectator mode, where players can put their reputations and their characters' lives on the line for internet is fucking awesome. If there's anything that players will be willing to sacrifice their expensive gear for, it's internet glory.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see Athene outside of his ridiculous character.

RDreamer

Some interesting suggestion videos for Blizzard by Athene and Krip.

I really think an evolution of Kripp's idea could be a really good solution. They could have you only get champion xp when you have 5 NV, and each act can give a differing amount of xp, that way people won't just be able to grind easy act 1 stuff (well, they could, it'd just take forever). I'm thinking more along the lines of getting xp only when you beat elites, too. So, get 5 stacks and beat elites for some champion xp and items. Seems like a good system.

What'd be cool, too, is if they created a new sort of item that modifies your original items, kind of like a gem or something, but it could be put on anything. Those things drop really really rarely and help with that pursuit. They can't be sold, and they're just locked to you. Now when the champion ladder resets you lose all that stuff, too. But, again, you keep all your gear, so people will still want to pay for things and people who paid won't be butthurt.

Akim

Banned
So I found this amulet. Is this what DH's want?

qRqeb.jpg

Vodh

Seeing like the most fun part of the game seemed to be the one when I saw a little progress bar fill up on the bottom of my screen, I think the champion levels that are as hard to grind as D2 lvl 90-99 at least, and can be earned only with 5 stacks of NV, and are also reset every 6 months sounds like an awesome idea.

For perks you could have faster TP as Kripp said, maybe faster crafting time, 5% reduction on crafting costs, 5% reduction on repair costs, 5% increase in vendor value of items, shit like that. Wouldn't make any really significant impact, and yet would feel like a reward. Man, I'd really love to see it come to life.

Woo-Fu

Banned
What indication is there that they will nerf it?

Blizzard has stated they don't want everybody stacking the same stat, as that is an indication a particular stat is overpowered. Which makes me worry that anything with mass appeal is going to get nerfed until everything sucks equally bad.

I think crit has at least another 2 weeks to a month though before the nerf. Blizzard wants to make sure you've completely switched to crit before nerfing to make sure they create as much AH/RMAH volume as possible. /tinfoil_hat

In the meantime they can hotnerf Life-on-hit and/or any skills that make good use of it. I expect Acid Cloud-Acid Rain to be one of the first victims.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Aww yeah! Sword I found the other day got it's first bid :) $125. I wanna see this climb though :D

Edit : Also, how's this belt? Gah or rmah worthy?

ZoU39.png

The int wouldn't go to waste on a barb due to it turning into 14 extra all resist correct? Effectively giving the belt 76 all rez?

Tank Doctor will snatch that up although they won't want to pay a lot for it.

Blizzard has stated they don't want everybody stacking the same stat, as that is an indication a particular stat is overpowered. Which makes me worry that anything with mass appeal is going to get nerfed until everything sucks equally bad.

I think crit has at least another 2 weeks to a month though before the nerf. Blizzard wants to make sure you've completely switched to crit before nerfing to make sure they create as much AH/RMAH volume as possible. /tinfoil_hat

In the meantime they can hotnerf Life-on-hit and/or any skills the make good use of it. I expect Acid Cloud-Acid Rain to one of the first victims.

Isn't it true that stacking crit is more OP than IAS was?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Isn't it true that stacking crit is more OP than IAS was?

I don't know, I can't afford to stack crit the way I had IAS up to ~3.2 attacks/second. sigh.

Between the IAS nerf and increased repair costs there is a pretty strong movement in the Witch Doctor camp to switch from glass cannon splinter builds to tanky life-on-hit builds with Acid Cloud and/or Rain of Toads, both of which work very nicely with Life on Hit. There is a sub-build where they get CC on each piece they can, the Witch Proctor. :) Acid Cloud generates a relatively huge amount of "ticks" in a short period of time which is the only thing making these two builds work. It'll get nerfed any day, IMHO, so while I'm dabbling I'm not going to invest heavily.

Fortunately tank doctor gear is still relatively cheap so I was able to try the build out without spending too much. Works great for Act 1 and Act 2. Not so hot in Act3 but I think that is just a matter of upgrading the cheap gear I was wearing. About the only thing that could kill me was getting hit by 3 arcane lasers at once or a really nasty melee crit while also standing on molten and desecration at the same time.

TP

Looking for people to farm goblins, Act II Ancient path
I'm a monk with 9k dps and 224% magic find after weapon switch. Asking for 200% mf minimum.

ToxicPunch#1963 NA, im in the gaf mumble server, room 6

In the meantime they can hotnerf Life-on-hit and/or any skills the make good use of it. I expect Acid Cloud-Acid Rain to one of the first victims.

The fact that it's two stats rather than one, and involves expensive gems outside of the most tits item roll, is the only hope it has from avoiding a nuking from blizzard.

windz

So I found this amulet. Is this what DH's want?

qRqeb.jpg

Easy $150, likely $200+.

You can get ~20 mill for that for sure. A buddy of mine paid for something very similar, 20 mill, just on the weekend. He mentioned it was a good deal.

GRATZ on the golds/moneys.

Dahbomb

Sharpshooter isn't even that good of a skill though. Cull the Weak is way better. :p
Why not just have both? I had Cull of the Weak for the longest of time but SS is just insane. You can pretty much offset the need to get Crit Chance increase because of that passive.

nitric0

That's probably good enough for act 1, as long as your armor and all resists are enough to keep you from dying faster than you can regen life. I'm not sure if your crit rate is high enough, though. Mine is 50% natural. You might as well give it a shot, I guess.

I'm having a hard time generating the initial fury :( Any tips?

syllogism

Why not just have both? I had Cull of the Weak for the longest of time but SS is just insane. You can pretty much offset the need to get Crit Chance increase because of that passive.
SS is worthless if you stack crit hit chance and you have to do that to reach really high DPS.

Neki

I already have 40.50 innate crit without SS, I don't think I really need it. I already run Archery/Steady Aim as my other two passives.

So I found this yesterday and currently have it on AH for way too much for it to be sold it seems. When the auction ends, should I try to sell it on RMAH or GAH and for how much?

A9VfF.png

RivalCore

So I found this yesterday and currently have it on AH for way too much for it to be sold it seems. When the auction ends, should I try to sell it on RMAH or GAH and for how much?

A9VfF.png

I saw a similar one with fire resist get sniped for 2.1mil on the EU AH.

Didn't have enough cash to out bid him so maybe 2.5mil?

GJS

A9VfF.png

Pretty nice, dex is a bit low though.

Must be a cold monk somewhere that would jump at that though.

How much do you have it up for?

I happily paid 2.8mil for the following with no buyout:
northlanderscalp.png

theta11

A9VfF.png

It's decent but because it doesn't have Spirit regen, LPPS or Crit chance the value is alot lower than you would expect.

BigDug13

SS is worthless if you stack crit hit chance and you have to do that to reach really high DPS.

I like it because it resets 1 second after your crit instead of immediately. It allows you to decimate a pack in the initial strike. Like walk up with multishot and 100% crit chance (due to the passive) and 200% crit damage on items and you can drop 2 huge arrow fans for incredible damage before the passive resets.

It's not as great in the middle of a fight, especially if you have a lot of crit chance already, but it's brutally effective at the start of a fight if it's had some time to tick to max.

BigDug13

I already have 40.50 innate crit without SS, I don't think I really need it. I already run Archery/Steady Aim as my other two passives.

I don't understand statements like this. Surely walking up to start your next fight at 80-100% crit chance due to having this passive is going to do better than walking up with your 40.50% chance. Now your first two shots are guaranteed hitting for your crit damage instead of only having 40% chance.

Neki

I don't understand statements like this. Surely walking up to start your next fight at 80-100% crit chance due to having this passive is going to do better than walking up with your 40.50% chance. Now your first two shots are guaranteed hitting for your crit damage instead of only having 40% chance.

I'd rather have 15% increased damage all the time.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Belial down.

Went from redonkulously hard to easy with these changes:
1. Switch to Hydra and Archon (with energy shield pragmatic core, diamon skin)
2. Glass canon, Critical Mass, Astral Presence
3. Switched to a bunch of resist all rings/amulets. (from RMAH, now I have to sell a few more things to break even which seems like a few hours of work...the market on there is undersupplied compared to gold).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom