• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

Well it sold it seems, now I have some room to improve my barb!

lbgvR.png

Damn. How come my stuffs like that don't sell for even near that amount.

neoism

I wonder why the Gold RMAH is taking so long..

Easy way to convert your Blizz Bucks to Paypal Bucks. :D

yeah I have 9 bones and I'm waiting for this too... Blizz is just waiting for gold to get its most stable and highest it can get before they will let us...

eek5

I wonder why the Gold RMAH is taking so long..

Easy way to convert your Blizz Bucks to Paypal Bucks. :D

It seems like you get hit by a 15% tax twice if you do this though. When you sell items on RMAH the fee is $1 but for commodities, the UI lists it as a 15% fee.

garath

Oh man. After hitting level 60 and being on Diablo in Hell level, I've been trying to upgrade my equipment and this AH is just driving me nuts. Filtering on just 3 things is so restrictive. I'm looking through pages and pages of mind numbing similarity looking for the extra stats I want. Even 4 things would be a huge boon.

It's like:

Sockets
Magic Find
Dex

I want crit chance, vit, all resists, etc. Sigh.

It's a slow go. Half my equipment is still level 40. :(

ElyrionX

I've got 2 characters sitting at level 57 and the grind from level 55 to 60 is just horrendous. Is Rakkis Crossing on Hell the fastest and most efficient way to go about gaining the exp?

Totakeke

Probably credit to the build that it works though he doesn't seem to understand the mechanics very much. The elites he fought in the video aren't exactly the worst either.

I've got 2 characters sitting at level 57 and the grind from level 55 to 60 is just horrendous. Is Rakkis Crossing on Hell the fastest and most efficient way to go about gaining the exp?

I did Act 3 Quest 1. Run up stairs clear the first one or two packs of mobs then reset. Seems to work reasonably fast, maybe even faster than the ZK exploit from 55 onwards.

garath

Do what I did. Have a level 60 monk and a level 60 DH run you through Act 3 in its entirety with 120 xp per kill and a 19% xp modifier gem on your hat.

I went from 55 to 60 in 3 hours. Started just after the sewers, Dinged 60 on Asmodean.

Anustart

We're like those lab rats that hit the lever to get crack then they took the crack away. We keep hitting connect but are no longer getting what we crave.

FrankT

Just hit 60 with my barb. Last couple of levels were a slog. Up to Act 4 Hell. Getting bored and just ready to farm act 1 at this point once I finish this up. Been rolling with all high level MF items and haven't had an issue until first boss of Act 4. Got him down but needed to mix it up to do it. Diablo will likely be fun with this build. Just ready to finish it. Found a ton of yellows in Act 3 and have jack space to put them anywhere. Space and managing it maybe a real issue for me going forward.

GJS

I can't believe no one made a single "Slam M'lady" joke.

It's fucked up for sure, but it's kind of funny that people think they can "report" him.

How did he keep getting these people in his game?

It was done on a level 60 character so he could tank the mobs into place, and everyone that dies is 39-40. So either he was adding people randomly and inviting them, had an accomplice at level 39-40 with an open game which he also joined, or was exploiting.

I have one almost like that, that doesn't want to sell :( No cold res and socket but it has 150dex...

Cold res and socket make all the difference.

LordCanti

Well fuck.

GG. Time to sleep.

Dammit Blizzard. This would be fine...if auctions all paused themselves when maintenance began. Now I've got stuff sitting with low bids and far less time in front of everyone's eyes ><

How did he keep getting these people in his game?

It was done on a level 60 character so he could tank the mobs into place, and everyone that dies is 39-40. So either he was adding people randomly and inviting them, had an accomplice at level 39-40 with an open game which he also joined, or was exploiting.

I'm guessing he had a low leveled accomplice. In any case, Blizzard really doesn't seem to care what cruel and unusual things players do to each other, as long as it's within the boundaries of the game. Maybe this is an urban legend, but don't they literally have a scam policy in place where it's absolutely the players fault if they get scammed, and that blizzard won't do anything about it?

It would be nice if they'd ban him, of course....

Cipherr

On the official forums:

Bashiok said:
In any case, we're going to see how the repair cost reductions in the 1.0.3a patch tomorrow work out, and keep an eye on it. Give it a shot and let us know what you think after tomorrow.

My prediction is still very much alive. Post by post they show a little more of their hand with this repair bill shit. They are going to nerf it down, Im telling you.... And Im gonna have so many ICalledit.GIF's on hand that itll crash GAF.

QP3

Just picked up a physical copy. It came with 3 guest passes, is that the usual amount? Also, all of my friends already own the game, so where would be the best place to gift these guest passes?

Cipherr

Just picked up a physical copy. It came with 3 guest passes, is that the usual amount? Also, all of my friends already own the game, so where would be the best place to gift these guest passes?

There was a thread for Gaffers that wanted guest passes. But.... :lol not sure any of them are even still interested now hahah.

scy

Probably credit to the build that it works though he doesn't seem to understand the mechanics very much. The elites he fought in the video aren't exactly the worst either.

Just glancing at the video, it's probably the ideal end-game Monk build. High Crit Chance/Crit Damage and Tornadoes everywhere. I ran the build pre-Quickening fix when I had ~30% Crit Chance and it was massive amounts of fun. And, well, really damn good.

My prediction is still very much alive. Post by post they show a little more of their hand with this repair bill shit. They are going to nerf it down, Im telling you.... And Im gonna have so many ICalledit.GIF's on hand that itll crash GAF.

How often are people dying if the repair bill change is that big of a deal? Even if I stupid all over myself and pick up ~60k+ in repair bills for a single loot run, I still make 100k+ Gold on top of it just from gold drops and vendoring items. General wear and tear should be lowered (which I assumed was all that was happening in 1.0.3a) but it doesn't feel that bad, really.

And I have all of like 1M Gold left to my name so it's not like I'm sitting on a massive bank and 20k bills mean nothing vs tens of millions.

Insured

This guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBnb3vu-x4

Will need all new gears to do that, and Blizzard might just nerf crit at any time. So I'm not going to bother.

Ha, the guy's using the exact same build I've been playing for a good while now. Thunderclap + cyclone feels so broken sometimes. His gear is far worse than mine and it still seems to work well for him. With enough spirit regen you can also replace blazing wrath with cyclone strike 20% dodge and spam evasion mantra + cyclone strike for even more backlash. THEN AGAIN I haven't done any exact math on whether going overawe conviction would work better at that point in gear. Thunderclap + cyclone is the main point here anyway :D

Trickster

Wondering if anyone have any clue what a weirdly itemized mf amulet like this could be worth:

qYmmy.jpg

There's so few amulets with similar stats on the AH that it's really hard to get an idea of a possible pricepoint.

LordCanti

Wondering if anyone have any clue what a weirdly itemized mf amulet like this could be worth:

qYmmy.jpg

There's so few amulets with similar stats on the AH that it's really hard to get an idea of a possible pricepoint.

Mmm....crit hit chance, but without the 40-60% crit damage that such a build would want on the amulet. LOH is nice....mmm....

Who knows, lol.

Why nobody ever adds me =(

The Auction House doesn't have co-op.

Well...it does...but it's risky. :p

eek5

Apparently the fat guys that explode when you deal fatal damage to them don't drop loot if they have invulnerable minions. If they manage to get illusionist, all their minions drop loot as if they were trash mobs. Just a heads up before you waste your time in Icefall Caves.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Apparently the fat guys that explode when you deal fatal damage to them don't drop loot if they have invulnerable minions. If they manage to get illusionist, all their minions drop loot as if they were trash mobs. Just a heads up before you waste your time in Icefall Caves.

Back when Tyrael could be used to fight for you you could find one of these packs with vampiric/illusionist, die, and then just let Tyrael fight them and watch the loot pile up all over the place because the trash mobs that spawned from exploded illusions weren't illusions and dropped the loot. It was still elite-class loot dropping at that point.

Pretty cool exploit but you could run that cave 100 times without finding an elite pack with the right affixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom