• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwebo

with all the overpriced items selling after being shown in this thread, I'm now convinced blizzard employees are buying them for the free AH promotion

you too can convert even your so-so items into tens of million in gold!

/tinfoil

eek5

Back when Tyrael could be used to fight for you you could find one of these packs with vampiric/illusionist, die, and then just let Tyrael fight them and watch the loot pile up all over the place because the trash mobs that spawned from exploded illusions weren't illusions and dropped the loot. It was still elite-class loot dropping at that point.

Pretty cool exploit but you could run that cave 100 times without finding an elite pack with the right affixes.

I've only run into it twice. The first time I had no idea what was happening and they just chain killed themselves and dropped like 50 mobs worth of loot :lol

The second time I was with a group and we kept kiting them back and forth and killing the illusions.

Never seen vampiric/illusionist though.. that must have been amazing lol

DSmalls84

Well it sold it seems, now I have some room to improve my barb!

lbgvR.png

I found a lvl 61 helm with 50 int, 140ish Vit, 44 All resist, and a socket. Would it be worth anywhere near that much?

eek5

with all the overpriced items selling after being shown in this thread, I'm now convinced blizzard employees are buying them for the free AH promotion

/tinfoil

It's more of a sign that the buying power of gold is decreasing rapidly imo.

Anyone have any links to DH builds? I keep messing around with things but im not getting the same kind of synergy feeling I got on my Monk :/

LordCanti

I wonder if this AH downtime means they're turning gold selling on =/

I hope not.

I expect the price of items on gah to skyrocket once you can buy gold on the rmah.

My expectation is that gold having an actual value (likely $2.50 per million) will bring prices in the RMAH and GAH down. It will be the end of most people bidding out their ass without thinking about how much real money they're giving up.

I could be horribly wrong, of course.

GJS

/tinfoil

So-so items? The sold items which have been posted recently are end game items, not perfect "godly" rolls, but ideal for people upgrading to do act 3 and 4 comfortably. It's been over a month since the game launched, and a week since 1.0.3 was released, plenty of time for people who are really serious about playing acts 3 and 4 to farm and make gold.

Once you are in the position to easily farm act 2, you readily build up gold as you are waiting for the slight upgrade over your current gear that will make act 3 and 4 that much easier. You are also fighting to get the best price and item with other people who want similar gear upgrades as you, so the price is worth it, and we aren't talking about shit that has been sitting overpriced on the AH for 15 hours already.

The only oddities are odd items going for over 100mil that don't make sense stat wise.

I wonder if this AH downtime means they're turning gold selling on =/

I hope not.

My expectation is that gold having an actual value (likely $2.50 per million) will bring prices in the RMAH and GAH down. It will be the end of most people bidding out their ass without thinking about how much real money they're giving up.

I could be horribly wrong, of course.

This is also my expectation. I think you'll find less disparity in item quality for the money between the two houses as well. I also expect the GAH to have the best items moving forward.

A $250 item is actually 100 mil gold if they start selling at $2.50 per mil.

As we've seen ... people are willing and are rich enough to spend more than 100 mil in gold.

I'm really curious to see the effects.

garath

Anyone have any links to DH builds? I keep messing around with things but im not getting the same kind of synergy feeling I got on my Monk :/

Actives:
Hungering Arrow - Puncturing or Devouring Rune
Cluster Arrow w/ loaded for bear or Elemental arrow w/ Ball Lighting (seen some frost arrows out there, but I'm not a fan)
Smoke Screen - Lingering Fog
Preparation - Battle scars or Backup Plan
Companion - Bat
Freebie, usually Caltrops - Torturous ground

Passives:
Archery
Tactical Advantage
freebie - grenadier to supplement Cluster Arrow, Sharpshooter or Steady Aim are pretty common

Cipherr

Wondering if anyone have any clue what a weirdly itemized mf amulet like this could be worth:

qYmmy.jpg

There's so few amulets with similar stats on the AH that it's really hard to get an idea of a possible pricepoint.

40 freaking magic find....... I would put that up with a starting bid that you would be ok with it selling for, then put a ceiling buyout on it of like 30+ million. Give it two days and see if it goes.

LordCanti

Every second the AH is down, it makes me more worried that gold selling is coming online.

Well I was missing a from =P

But seriously, the servers have been live for only something like an hour, are you implying you think they stealth nerfed drop rates or something?

I haven't even seen a white iLvl 63 drop in an hour of mindless Sarkoth farming, which makes me think that they may have.

That's why I'm asking lol.

Every second the AH is down, it makes me more worried that gold selling is coming online.

I haven't even seen a white iLvl 63 drop in an hour of mindless Sarkoth farming, which makes me think that they may have.

That's why I'm asking lol.

Could be they just nerfed Sarkoth? Unless you're still getting a ton of gold from him, dunno. There was a line about gold and leveling exploits.

mercviper

From the blue posts linked a couple pages back, I was under the impression they're keeping A1/2 drop rates as is now and buffing 3/4 up, possibly to pre-patch levels.

Sarcasm, #1161 or #161?

aznpxdd

So I found a 873 DPS 2 hander (with no other stats really) with 11 level reduction.

What's it worth? I'd imagine it'd be a big upgrade for toons that are pre-60.

Damn I'm stuck...
I'm down to 50k in gold and I equipped my Wizz best I could. I have some 25k damage and 25k health. 6k armor and very bad resists... like 130 something.

But I can't even farm Act1 inferno with ease :( Reflect damage monsters PWN me all the time, rest I can barely mange.

This is my build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#blXRSO!aYX!bbabZY

No idea what to do really as I lose more money than I make because of dieing

I was in the same boat until I went to an arcane hydra/orb build. Now I kite with ease on all of but the most loaded affixes.

I use magic missile/seeker

Arcane orb/the one that blows through mobs - this is handy on invincible minion packs as the orbs pass through them and hit the main mob.

Arcane hydra/the rune with slow

Teleport/fracture - awesome escape + distraction skill

Force armor

Dskin/crystal shell.

Can't remember my passives at the moment, but there is one with arcane slow, arcane ap regen

See a champ pack/elite - hit the hydra in front of them + a couple of orbs and begin the kite. Switch to magic missile when out of arcane power.

Get walled/jailed/just plain trapped, hit teleport. The 2 images will more often then not distract a couple of the mobs in the pack allowing one to break off and burn down.

Diamond skin as needed

I only have 22k dps and about 35k health and I burn stuff down really quickly. I do the butcher in sub 2 minutes time.

The only pack I recently ran into that gave me some trouble was a leaper elite with invul/molten/jail/vortex affix...but that is a bullshit affix for anyone really. I just moved around it.

garath

So I found a 873 DPS 2 hander (with no other stats really) with 11 level reduction.

I was hunting for a DPS weapon upgrade in my 50s and spent a lot of time looking. You'd probably be lucky to get 150k just because people in their 50s don't have a lot of money. I actually ended up sniping my 700dps bow at level 52 for 7k.

But that's just my opinion :) I largely ignored anything about 100k cause I couldn't afford it.

Wedge7

Dunno about Act1, but a Revenant Bow dropped for me in Act2 since the patch went up. It was shit, but at least it got me excited for a all too brief moment.

Cipherr

Damn I'm stuck...
I'm down to 50k in gold and I equipped my Wizz best I could. I have some 25k damage and 25k health. 6k armor and very bad resists... like 130 something.

But I can't even farm Act1 inferno with ease :( Reflect damage monsters PWN me all the time, rest I can barely mange.

This is my build:

Mel are you trying public games? If you can make it towards the middle and especially the end of Act 1 Inferno, when you join public games, you can often get groups with people that are flat out farming it. It might be best for you to try this. Join some public games, make sure you leave and join a new one if theres no tank (Monk or a Barb with a shield equipped). If there is a tank, stick around, play cautious and dont die while dpsing. Get your 5 stacks and get carried a bit.

Build up your money, 50k is dangerously low and about 2 hours of unlucky deaths away from being too broke to repair your own gear man.

aznpxdd

I was hunting for a DPS weapon upgrade in my 50s and spent a lot of time looking. You'd probably be lucky to get 150k just because people in their 50s don't have a lot of money. I actually ended up sniping my 700dps bow at level 52 for 7k.

But that's just my opinion :) I largely ignored anything about 100k cause I couldn't afford it.

Yeah, but I'm thinking a lot of people should be on their 2nd or 3rd toon by now, they should have money from their main. Thanks for the advice though.

scy

Last I checked, searching for them still requires people to go out of their way and search a Level 60 item with Reduced Level Requirement. It would probably sell better on the RMAH than the GAH but, even then, I'm not sure if it's that big of a deal.

Personally, I just kept my ~700 DPS 1Her for alts. I'll worry about selling it after I get my last character to Inferno :x

Cipherr

Gah, was gonna do a quick public game Butcher run with ya Mel but your on EU :(

Once you complete that, it would be easy for you to just join public games at the 'Imprisoned Angel' quest starting point and get quick and profitable butcher runs. You would probably be carried for a while until you got the money or upgrades to drop, but it would be better than grinding through early Act 1.

Hey guys, check out this awesome legendary dagger I just found in act 1 inferno!

inferno_act1_kutloot.jpg

I`m so happy right now!

Geez.... Waste of a Legendary drop.

Damn I'm stuck...

This is my build:

Oh, also use enchanter stack with int gear and a decent 2 hander...extra 4-6k dps depending how you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom