• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Do only level 60 legendaries salvage into brimstones? I got two horrid legendaries this weekend and both salvaged down into three encrusted hoves.
Yeah only iL61+, I think.

Those hooves are valuable though man! You can get like 10 gold for them from the AH.

RDreamer

Man i need to upgrade some stuff to survive better in act II. I think i need to start staking Vit. Anyone tell me where my weakest link is.

Untitled-1-01.png

Resists. You need a bunch more. At this point almost every piece of equipment you put on should have all resist and your chosen resist. If it doesn't, then it better have 70+ all resist or a helluva lot of something else to mitigate that loss. You want to try and get to 700-800 resists or even higher since you'll eventually want to hit Act 3+. You also need more vit. With higher resists you can get away with lower vit, but I think the floor on that low vit is somewhere around 26,000 or so, so you'll need higher vit even when you get larger resists.

Basically, when you buy new equipment it needs Dex, Vit, All resist, and fire resist with almost no exception.

scy

It's really peculiar that they didn't have the various elemental affixes do anything (besides Cold) for weapons because "everyone values DPS in the end" ... and then they made the Legendary weapons.

Somewhere a memo was lost, I guess.

Yeah only iL61+, I think.

Those hooves are valuable though man! You can get like 10 gold for them from the AH.

Only slightly less that the 10K the legendaries weren't selling for on the AH! :)

RDreamer said:
Resists. You need a bunch more. At this point almost every piece of equipment you put on should have all resist and your chosen resist. If it doesn't, then it better have 70+ all resist or a helluva lot of something else to mitigate that loss. You want to try and get to 700-800 resists or even higher since you'll eventually want to hit Act 3+. You also need more vit. With higher resists you can get away with lower vit, but I think the floor on that low vit is somewhere around 26,000 or so, so you'll need higher vit even when you get larger resists.

What's a good base Armor / Resist for act three. I can get 6.5K armor buffed and 650+ resist all with my shield. Right now I'm trying for more DPS though. I'm at 17K buffed and still can't beat Belial by the time the enrage timer hits. I'm seriously like 10 seconds away from killing him too ...

Basically, when you buy new equipment it needs Dex, Vit, All resist, and fire resist with almost no exception.
figured as much i just need to start dishing lots of cash to start upgrades

scy

With higher resists you can get away with lower vit, but I think the floor on that low vit is somewhere around 26,000 or so, so you'll need higher vit even when you get larger resists.

Of the Defensive stats to stack, VIT is probably the last one to worry about, really. Armor/Resists just do so much more, especially for a class like Monk that is limited in their healing to static values rather than percent ones like a Barb. More and more HP doesn't mean as much without better ways to fill it back up.

I know that's essentially where you're going with that but I just wanted to comment :x

LordCanti

Someone had a Nat's Chest up... +10 discipline (max), dex (like 40) with 3 sockets.

1m buyout.

I clicked buyout "You are only allowed 0 items in your completed stash"

"That's curious..."

By the time it let me make a bid, the item was gone. It's easily worth like 20-30m. I am cry.

inky

Do only level 60 legendaries salvage into brimstones? I got two horrid legendaries this weekend and both salvaged down into three encrusted hoves.

Yep.

Well, I finished the game on Inferno last night. Barb is such a "gear check" class is not even funny and I suppose things were significantly easier after the nerf. The thing I wasn't expecting was the amount of difference a Helm of Command would make. Not even one of the good ones with All Resists, but a simple cheap one with 100+ Vitality, socket and only Physical Resistance. That 8% + block is no joke, especially for enemies in Act IV. I don't think that stuff like String of Ears or Justice Lantern is required anymore for a tank Barb.

Next order of business will be to get me some stupid STR gear and go for a 2 Hand Barb.

Someone had a Nat's Chest up... +10 discipline (max), dex (like 40) with 3 sockets.

1m buyout.

Man, I saw that one and missed it as well.

Shadow780

1m buyout.

"That's curious..."

By the time it let me make a bid, the item was gone. It's easily worth like 20-30m. I am cry.

Iknowthatfeelbro

Check the AH on weekends, there's usually an influx of cheap, good gears when more ppl put them up.

1m buyout.

"That's curious..."

A friend and I are getting that too, and lots of people complaining in general chat right now. Wonder why it only seems to hit certain accounts after a patch.

RDreamer

figured as much i just need to start dishing lots of cash to start upgrades

Just keep an eye out on the AH. You can get some pretty good deals sometimes. For reference, here's my equipment:

I just beat Diablo inferno with that. Granted, I was in a really really great group that jived better than any other group I've ever been, but I was still holding my own and tanking some big elites, even some that smacked the other monk around a bit. I face tanked one particular elite while he was afk and the wizards in my group were insanely impressed since I didn't die once. So, I'd say while that's not actually solo diablo and act 4 with ease type equipment at all, that's a good bar for Act 3 now.

Of the Defensive stats to stack, VIT is probably the last one to worry about, really. Armor/Resists just do so much more, especially for a class like Monk that is limited in their healing to static values rather than percent ones like a Barb. More and more HP doesn't mean as much without better ways to fill it back up.

I know that's essentially where you're going with that but I just wanted to comment :x

Yeah, definitely. A lot of people just stack tons of VIT and forget about the other stuff, but I definitely found that stacking resists and armor is best. You still need to have a good amount of VIT, though, and I think there's a bottom floor on that that you should definitely hit. At 21,000 life like he currently has I think he'd just get smashed by a few thing when they did manage to hit him unless he had his resists and dodge really really high. Thing is that dodge is a large part of the monk, and things like plague and desecration and stuff just don't take that into account, so with only 21,000 life it'll drop like a brick before you can even realize you need to move a couple inches to the right.

scy

Does Death Blossom (Wizard) have a use? It is intriguing to me but I can't think of how you'd build on it.

You could try some shenanigans with Slow Time, Frost Nova, etc. but ... it's still so woefully inaccurate that it's hard to find a good use for it outside of bombing a boss down really fast from point-blank range with super high damage. And you'd still probably get better returns over time just from something more controlled anyway.

Number45

Does Death Blossom (Wizard) have a use? It is intriguing to me but I can't think of how you'd build on it.
Seems like it's only going to be useful if you can unload it into a massive group (and thus have a high chance of it hitting something). I played with it for a little while after it unlocked, and it's far too unreliable to me to be of any use at all. :/

RDreamer

Sorry to say this but you just got gypped.

Odd. As I said, the closest thing with 8+ discipline was 10 mil. Not that I thought I could get 10 out of it, but I would think I could get 2 maybe. I suppose it's value has dropped a bit now that glass cannon builds are less in, but that movement speed and life regen is still pretty sweet, along with the high disc.

LordCanti

AH is down again. My auctions are going to end with near minimum bids at this rate.

So, I just won this for a mil:

g5OoV.png

Not sure whether to use it for my DH or flip. The closest in value to it was 10 mil.

Use it, because I don't think it can really be flipped. The movement speed is all it has over any number of blue/yellow cloaks.

Just keep an eye out on the AH. You can get some pretty good deals sometimes. For reference, here's my equipment:

I just beat Diablo inferno with that. Granted, I was in a really really great group that jived better than any other group I've ever been, but I was still holding my own and tanking some big elites, even some that smacked the other monk around a bit. I face tanked one particular elite while he was afk and the wizards in my group were insanely impressed since I didn't die once. So, I'd say while that's not actually solo diablo and act 4 with ease type equipment at all, that's a good bar for Act 3 now.

Yeah, definitely. A lot of people just stack tons of VIT and forget about the other stuff, but I definitely found that stacking resists and armor is best. You still need to have a good amount of VIT, though, and I think there's a bottom floor on that that you should definitely hit. At 21,000 life like he currently has I think he'd just get smashed by a few thing when they did manage to hit him unless he had his resists and dodge really really high. Thing is that dodge is a large part of the monk, and things like plague and desecration and stuff just don't take that into account, so with only 21,000 life it'll drop like a brick before you can even realize you need to move a couple inches to the right.

Biggest problem now is not dropping my crit chance too much since i really like the way the build plays with cyclone. I really need a new chest piece. with close to 100res on it rather than 30 same goes for the shield but i bought that for crit chance not really anything else for like 50k. probably shooting for 30khp and 600 res.

Wedge7

Godamnit, AH is down and I just got what I *think* is a decent amulet. Unfortunately, it has none of the things that I've been taught make an amulet great, aka allres/crit chance/dmg/loh, but I figure it has tons of main stats. I suppose great for a monk? Hopefully this baby is nice and not another "its ok" item.

I'd check, but that damn AH picked a perfect time to die on me.

statz.png

LordCanti

Godamnit, AH is down and I just got what I *think* is a decent amulet. Unfortunately, it has none of the things that I've been taught make an amulet great, aka allres/crit chance/dmg/loh, but I figure it has tons of main stats. I suppose great for a monk? Hopefully this baby is nice and not another "its ok" item.

That'd make a nice scoundrel ammy, wouldn't it? Otherwise, meh. Save it for the crit nerf lol.

Revoh

statz.png

That looks like a solid 250 USD for me.

Think I'm gonna take a break. Can't even cash out since my gear isn't that great :(

I'll come back once Blizz figures out what the hell they're doing

LordCanti

BAHHHH AH was up, and now it's down AGAIN. It was functioning this time. y u do me liek dis blizzard?

That looks like a solid 250 USD for me.

Both DH's and Monks want crit in that slot don't they? That's a ton of Dex/Vit, but 50-60% crit damage is better right now.

I guess someone could see those stats and go "HOLY SHIT!" right before whipping out the ol' credit card and dropping $250 though.

Wedge7

BAHHHH AH was up, and now it's down AGAIN. It was functioning this time. y u do me liek dis blizzard?

Both DH's and Monks want crit in that slot don't they? That's a ton of Dex/Vit, but 50-60% crit damage is better right now.

I guess someone could see those stats and go "HOLY SHIT!" right before whipping out the ol' credit card and dropping $250 though.

Yea, sadly that was my initial impression as well, especially as you noted with the trend being for going all in on crit chance/dmg. I'm just hoping the second part of your statement occurs, and someone makes a random impulse buy. Then again, most of the stuff I've sold on the RMAH still boggles my mind, and I'm often left with this weird sense of bewilderment when I check again what exactly I sold, and for how much. Heh, its sure worth a try.

scy

Why settle for 250USD when he can get 250 mil!?

No Resists, LoH, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, etc. so I doubt it'll be 250M.

...then again, I think we've all said this before and then "lol guys look 70M!" the next day or something so I guess we're collectively awful at this.

No Resists, LoH, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, etc. so I doubt it'll be 250M.

...then again, I think we've all said this before and then "lol guys look 70M!" the next day or something so I guess we're collectively awful at this.

Or other people are just idiots with their gold/money.

:p

It's kind of fun to be proven wrong and see something you think is mediocre, and have the person come back the next day having sold it for big bucks. I'm welcome to eat crow in these situations.

FrankT

Hitting 60 and getting all this gear to drop should be a real good thing for me but half the end game is just learning what all this stuff is worth. Going to take awhile to learn the worthy stuff versus trash.

Number45

It speaks volumes for how much fun I'm having with this game that I'm nearly at 50 with my Wizard (Barb/WD already at 60) and I fully intend to level a Demon Hunter and Monk afterwards. No exploits, just playing the game through as normal.

Eh, I must have gotten outbid on these sweet gloves pretty last minute (they would have expired a couple minutes after the servers went down.)

Put up my bid for 350k, which was probably low, but I wasn't going to go back and check at 6:50 AM to see if that was enough.

They were pretty godly. 200+ Dex, 58 All Res, 50ish Fire Res, a bit of Vit I think, and maybe a couple other random stats thrown in. Would have been better for a Fire Res stacking monk, but they would have been a pretty huge upgrade. Probably worth at least 1 million, if not more, easily.

LordCanti

Eh, I must have gotten outbid on these sweet gloves pretty last minute (they would have expired a couple minutes after the servers went down.)

Put up my bid for 350k, which was probably low, but I wasn't going to go back and check at 6:50 AM to see if that was enough.

They were pretty godly. 200+ Dex, 58 All Res, 50ish Fire Res, a bit of Vit I think, and maybe a couple other random stats thrown in. Would have been better for a Fire Res stacking monk, but they would have been a pretty huge upgrade. Probably worth at least 1 million, if not more, easily.

If I'm winning something that is severely under priced, I set my alarm for a few minutes before the auction is going to end.

If I'm winning something that is severely under priced, I set my alarm for a few minutes before the auction is going to end.

I've been trying to avoid doing this. I used to play O-Game and setting alarms to wake up for a game is something I promised myself I would not do.

It's tempting though. I've definintley been sniped on some 3AM bids.

Ashhong

Find good ring with a cheap buyout.

Click Buyout.

"Transaction can't be processed due to server load, check your Completed tab for updates"

Wait 30 minutes.

Come back.

No ring.

Lost the gold I paid.

Hooray. Fuck you blizzard.

What a stupid ass complaint (albeit old now). If you have this kind of problem simply contact them and see what they say. If they refuse to help, THEN complain. Obviously it's a one time bug that should be fixed with a simple complaint.

Just the tip.

Depends on the dick I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom