• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

I hope they add a invisible mode. This xbox live stuff really mess some things up, sometimes I decide not to play because I know people will jump into my game. Playing with them sometimes is cool, but not all the time. I'd like to be invisible to not insult them by saying I just want some me time.

Last night I was playing and some random person asked me to help them with a boss. I never seen this person before, is there some kind of way people can see your information in this game?

LordCanti

I hope they add a invisible mode. This xbox live stuff really mess some things up, sometimes I decide not to play because I know people will jump into my game. Playing with them sometimes is cool, but not all the time. I'd like to be invisible to not insult them by saying I just want some me time.

Last night I was playing and some random person asked me to help them with a boss. I never seen this person before, is there some kind of way people can see your information in this game?

Turn off auto joining. If people want to join, they'll have to ask.

Ashhong

Are you in the general chat room? You can see a list of people in the chat room. Also you can see people that you previously played with in your friends list. Maybe it was someone you played with the day before but you just didn't recognize.

What's the least expensive and most expensive class to gear up for inferno?
Seems like it'd go Barb<*<Monk just because barb is the only strength and Monk is stuck in a resist type?

And where does Wizard fall?

Ploid 3.0

No general Chat, and I never play public games. Most of the people I play with are friends, and friends of friends (rare). This whisper was from someone I never heard of.

I'll turn off quick join but I bet there will be whispers of, "Bro, let me in on that farm!" The reason I like to farm solo sometimes is because I do it slow and afk between elites, killing them just fast enough so I don't lose NV. When people are added I have to pay attention and keep going.

Ashhong

That is very weird. I don't think there is a way for people to see you....just say no when your friends ask lol. I'm sure they wont be offended.

LordCanti

No general Chat, and I never play public games. Most of the people I play with or friends, and friends of friends (rare). This whisper was from someone I never heard of.

I'll turn off quick join but I bet there will be whispers of, "Bro, let me in on that farm!" The reason I like to farm solo sometimes is because I do it slow and afk between elites, killing them just fast enough so I don't lose NV. When people are added I have to pay attention and keep going.

One of your friends could have changed their BNET name.

Anustart

I need focus for my witch doctor. All resist, main stat and vit is good for act 2, but act 3 is no go.

Id really prefer life per second seeing as I'm using blood ritual which gives me 1% max hp. Is stacking lps viable? Can I get it high enough to be noticeable?

Edit : anyone have a ceremonial dagger with a socket, 14 mana per second and life steal? Low 800s dps us good.

Won

Wanted to get my HC character to level 60 before I stop playing, but I don't think I can go through the acts again at this point. :/

scy

You only get 1 tick per burst, judging by the green numbers popping up over the head of my character.

AFAIK all healing (LoH, Life/sec, LSS, Life leech) is returned in half second ticks

That's correct. Basically, you just have Life Regen which occurs every .5s. Life Steal% and Life on Hit boost Life Regen's next tick.

A lot of the game functions on these .5s tick cycles, incidentally. Ray of Frost/Disintegrate (Wizard) do their damage this way but the AP drain is at your Attacks per Second speed.

Set yourself to Busy or Away, I guess?

I think I found something here......

WUGyn.png

Thoughts on what to put it up for?

Bump for the afternoon crowd

scy

Is stacking lps viable? Can I get it high enough to be noticeable?

Whats your Life on Hit and your Attack Speed? You might be surprised at how "low" that is in terms of Life Regen per second. For instance, 600 Life on Hit with 1.5 APS is "only" 900 Life per Second. That's not even a hard value to reach (max is ~4100 across all slots for 1H/non-Shield). And that's ignoring what skills you're actually using since that greatly impacts the LoH return while Life Regen per second is static.

Life Regen per Second is terribly undervalued right now so it's not even that expensive to get it built up.

Anustart

Whats your Life on Hit and your Attack Speed? You might be surprised at how "low" that is in terms of Life Regen per second. For instance, 600 Life on Hit with 1.5 APS is "only" 900 Life per Second. That's not even a hard value to reach (max is ~4100 across all slots for 1H/non-Shield). And that's ignoring what skills you're actually using since that greatly impacts the LoH return while Life Regen per second is static.

Life Regen per Second is terribly undervalued right now so it's not even that expensive to get it built up.

I have no loh right now, and looking into lps since people aren't gaga over it because the rage is loh so I figured it would be cheaper.

Idea in my head is to stack lps while having a weapon with loh and life steal.

FrankT

Wanted to get my HC character to level 60 before I stop playing, but I don't think I can go through the acts again at this point. :/

About to finish up hell on my one and only toon and I'm certainly to the point of let me just do what I please now.

jersoc

So I saw the comments from balshiok. Do you guys think that ilvl63 items will be removed from acts I &II again? It would really suck if they did. Im just now starting to make decent gold and im sitting at 5 mil now.

no. what he was saying that lowering the drop rate later on to make 63 and 62 drop earlier wasn't a good idea. they'll keep keep act 1 and 2 alone but change 3 and 4 to make the rates worth farming. I bet they double them to 15% which is probably about what it was pre-patch.

it's worded fairly poor.

I'm leaning towards the same conclusion, especially since LOH and Steal are kind of falsely advertised (read: scaled).

Ploid 3.0

The best use of Loh is hitting multiple targets at once. Stuff like darts for wd isn't so good with loh because it's a single target. Spectral blades, Tornado, meteor, and more do better in crowds of enemies, keeps your hp up all while damaging a good amount of enemies.

scy

I have no loh right now, and looking into lps since people aren't gaga over it because the rage is loh so I figured it would be cheaper.

Idea in my head is to stack lps while having a weapon with loh and life steal.

Personally speaking, Life Steal + Life Regen per Second is the ideal. Life on Hit is more for when your damage output is rather low* and not really an end-game stat. I'd just do a 3% Life Steal Weapon with 1000-ish Life Regen per Second on your equipment, 2000+ if you have the money/see some awesome slots.

*Varies based on class and build (e.g., Monks get great Life on Hit returns in general). It's a lot lower than people think, though. My Barb is fine with 5% Life Steal at 20k / 30k buffed damage, for instance.

scy

The best use of Loh is hitting multiple targets at once. Stuff like darts for wd isn't so good with loh because it's a single target. Spectral blades, Tornado, meteor, and more do better in crowds of enemies, keeps your hp up all while damaging a good amount of enemies.

Except those are all scaled down to kind of approximate that. The melee Wizard build sees good returns for Life on Hit since Spectral Blades and Meteor are both good on it (22% per hit per target on Spectral Blades, 50% per Meteor + 25% per tick) but Energy Twister is 10% per tick per target. Blizzard is 2%. Hydras do nothing. Arcane Orb is 16% to 33% (20% on Celestial, the most common one) and so-on.

Area of Effect is where Life on Hit is typically at it's worst, not best.

Edit: Essentially, Life on Hit with skills is closer to "Life per Skill Use" rather than Life on Hit.

spootime

What's the least expensive and most expensive class to gear up for inferno?
Seems like it'd go Barb<*<Monk just because barb is the only strength and Monk is stuck in a resist type?

And where does Wizard fall?

Monk is a bit more expensive than barb due to needing gear with dex, vit, one resist, all resist, and another stat. After that comes wiz/wh, then farther down the list is demon hunter, being the cheapest. (although with 1.0.3 I doubt this is true anymore).

tldr 5 mil is a set of gear on a dh, and a cheap wep on a melee.

Except those are all scaled down to kind of approximate that. The melee Wizard build sees good returns for Life on Hit since Spectral Blades and Meteor are both good on it (22% per hit per target on Spectral Blades, 50% per Meteor + 25% per tick) but Energy Twister is 10% per tick per target. Blizzard is 2%. Hydras do nothing. Arcane Orb is 16% to 33% (20% on Celestial, the most common one) and so-on.

Area of Effect is where Life on Hit is typically at it's worst, not best.

Edit: Essentially, Life on Hit with skills is closer to "Life per Skill Use" rather than Life on Hit.
did you get these numbers from your own testing or is there some resource out there that has everything? this was the best i've been able to find: http://www.diablowiki.net/On_Hit_Modifiers. but as you can see, it's missing a whole lot of skills.

pants.jpg

Tried to sell these in the GAH, but I probably priced them too high. Now trying to get some real money from these. Did not find many similar ones in the EU RMAH, so don't know how much they will go for. Also seems like the EU RMAH is not as crazy with the 250€ purchases as US.

Ashhong

Bump for the afternoon crowd

I don't think anything more than 500k or so. I see high DPS 1 handers (like 850) with critical hit for around that price. Got my 850DPS 1 hander with 50 crit for 300k, though that may have just been a good deal.

GAF, why isn't this selling on the RMAH? I threw it out at 250$ just for the hell of it, but went down to 20$ opening, 100$ buyout with no interest. Is it not as good as I think?

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-26%20at%2012.00.33%20PM.png

I got a LVL63 weapon after the new patch in Act 1. So we can deconfirm the rumor that they removed ilvl63 loot drops in Act 1.

when was this a rumor? I've gotten multiple lvl63 item drops in Act 1

Pungza

Theres so many gloves compared to every other piece of armor on the AH. Looking for some basic stats of int/vit/AR and get 7 pages of gloves and only 2 pages for belts or bracers. Plus they're about three times the price

TommyT

Theres so many gloves compared to every other piece of armor on the AH. Looking for some basic stats of int/vit/AR and get 7 pages of gloves and only 2 pages for belts or bracers. Plus they're about three times the price

Because everyone is buying up the recipes (have fun looking at the price) and attempting to make money off of crafting them. Quite a few streamers have done it, and thus has spurred interest in everyone else doing it as well.

scy

did you get these numbers from your own testing or is there some resource out there that has everything? this was the best i've been able to find: http://www.diablowiki.net/On_Hit_Modifiers. but as you can see, it's missing a whole lot of skills.

I've done numbers for pretty much every class I have (DH, Barb, Monk, Wizard). Just using a 300 Life on Hit weapon with 0 Life Regen and go hit things and see the returns. There's a lot of resources, though, for each class. For instance, here's one for Witch Doctor and one for Barbarian.

LordCanti

I don't think anything more than 500k or so. I see high DPS 1 handers (like 850) with critical hit for around that price. Got my 850DPS 1 hander with 50 crit for 300k, though that may have just been a good deal.

GAF, why isn't this selling on the RMAH? I threw it out at 250$ just for the hell of it, but went down to 20$ opening, 100$ buyout with no interest. Is it not as good as I think?

It would make a nice MF amulet for a sorceress, but otherwise, eh.

Also, no one can find items in that price range unless they search for them specifically. That's why people list things with a $250 buyout (they get bumped to the front page on a lot of search results).

railGUN

Banned
How important / valuable are elemental stats, and who benefits from them? I keep reading about Monks wanting or stacking a particular element, but I don't know anything about the class, or how it benefits them... I'm worried I might be vendoring gear that is better than I think because I'm not considering the elemental stats on it.

Ashhong

It would make a nice MF amulet for a sorceress, but otherwise, eh.

Also, no one can find items in that price range unless they search for them specifically. That's why people list things with a $250 buyout (they get bumped to the front page on a lot of search results).

Eh? 200+ intel, some vitality, and extra damage. How is that not good for any wizard? It would make a fantastic MF amulet for mine, but I'd rather make money lol. When you search for it on RMAH theres only like 3 amulets with those stats. I guess I'll try putting it out at 250$ again to get front page

Kenaras

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-26%20at%2012.00.33%20PM.png

I sold a worse amulet for $20 not too long ago, so you should be able to get more than your minimum on it. People might have been turned off by the buyout, or didn't see the auction because they were using a max buyout filter. I'd keep the $20 minimum - or even bump it up slightly - and try lowering the buyout. Best of luck getting $250 on it, though.

Mine was also 30% magic find and had similar vitality, but around 50 less intelligence.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How important / valuable are elemental stats, and who benefits from them? I keep reading about Monks wanting or stacking a particular element, but I don't know anything about the class, or how it benefits them... I'm worried I might be vendoring gear that is better than I think because I'm not considering the elemental stats on it.
Only if it has good All resist + good stats in the first place.
The bonus single resist is just sweetener.

Trying to decide between a couple of different helms. They're basically identical except one has 40 more all resist and the other has 300 more armor. Which one should I go for? I'm leaning towards the resists.

SRTtoZ

Can someone help me out? I've been away from Diablo 3 for the last 2 weeks since my Laptop was in for repair, in any case my main is a 60 DH who before the patch farmed ACT3 inferno (seigebreaker). Now that they nerfed Nether tentacles, what is the go to build now? I keep hearing mixed things like Cluster Arrow or Frost Arrow. Any good DH tips post patch would be helpful.

Also, is it worth farming ACT 3 anymore? I keep hearing how many people are getting shafted with rares post patch and farming ACT1 instead. Any insight would be great. I been reading the Blizz forums but I'm not sure whats fact or fiction over there. Too many trolls.

Edit: A little bit about my DH, I have 60k DPS unbuffed and without SS with about 400 in each resist.

scy

How important / valuable are elemental stats, and who benefits from them? I keep reading about Monks wanting or stacking a particular element, but I don't know anything about the class, or how it benefits them...

Monks have a passive that raises all their Resists to the same value as their highest. A lot of Monks go for All Resist + one Resist to try and stack it as high as possible.

Trying to decide between a couple of different helms. They're basically identical except one has 40 more all resist and the other has 300 more armor. Which one should I go for? I'm leaning towards the resists.

What is your current Armor and your current Resists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom