• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

I haven't really played this since I finished it on normal the first time. That horrible throw away ending, was like a punch in the gut.

I was hoping there'd be some way to
save Leah
:( and yeah I've skipped all the story stuff since completing normal. Gotta get that loot! Still haven't managed to sell anything on the RMAH :/

Ferrio

Banned
I was hoping there'd be some way to
save Leah
:( and yeah I've skipped all the story stuff since completing normal. Gotta get that loot! Still haven't managed to sell anything on the RMAH :/

Gotta save something for the expansion. Metzen and his
redemption stories
need some outlet.

MrDaravon

Was it scy or someone else who a while back was recommending Screaming Skull as a replacement for Nether Tentacles? I just checked it out, and I was NOT expecting the Fear to work on Elites. I'm going to mess around with it some more, but this seems like this could be baller, could work really well as a get off me type thing. I messed around with Frost Arrows and I like it, but I wish it either went through crowds or homed better, things like Invulnerable Minions renders it useless when I literally can't hit the leader, etc.

kennah

Sold my first real monies item. Walked away with $1.75!

I'll do for you what was done for me

UwNnl.jpg

scy

My resists are around 500 unbuffed and armour is 7200. I'm a barbarian btw.

edit: that armour is with tough as nails passive.

Resists ever-so-slightly, I do believe. Even if that's 7200 with Enchantress as well.

Was it scy or someone else who a while back was recommending Screaming Skull as a replacement for Nether Tentacles? I just checked it out, and I was NOT expecting the Fear to work on Elites. I'm going to mess around with it some more, but this seems like this could be baller, could work really well as a get off me type thing. I messed around with Frost Arrows and I like it, but I wish it either went through crowds or homed better, things like Invulnerable Minions renders it useless when I literally can't hit the leader, etc.

Don't think it was me but I wouldn't be surprised if Screaming Skull ends up being at least somewhat useful. Though, I'd imagine Electrified Bolts might be better when your Crit gets to >40%. Not sure, really.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I haven't really played this since I finished it on normal the first time. That horrible throw away ending, was like a punch in the gut.

I can see that, but it always surprises me that anyone cares about the story in Diablo. I guess you take a different view of the cutscenes and dialogue when you've gotten 3 classes to 60.

From reading posts, it seems that DH is the most used build for soloing inferno?
Also what stats are the most valuable in general for high level items?

Dex
Magic find
All resist
Critical Hit
Critical chance

I'm assuming these are the most valuable?

RDreamer

Hah, you guys had me all worried about my stupid purchase a page back. I put it back up for 1.5 mil and it just sold. With the 15% fee I made 275k. Not worth the flip, but still I didn't lose anything. I probably could have put it up for 2 and made that but you guys had me paranoid!

IceMarker

From reading posts, it seems that DH is the most used build for soloing inferno?

Dex
Magic find
All resist
Critical Hit
Critical chance

Class.

Seth C

You know, considering their new big idea is to reward people with NV by having them play through long sections of the game, their regular fucking disconnects are kinda bullshit. I just got 5 stacks and then, of course, disconnected. It happens constantly.

I can see that, but it always surprises me that anyone cares about the story in Diablo. I guess you take a different view of the cutscenes and dialogue when you've gotten 3 classes to 60.

Me and a friend took our time on the first play through and worked through together. So the way it ends with that horrible confirmation pop up box and 'ITS FINISHED' was just a big punch in the gut. The story was shit, and you're right in that really that story is an after thought to collecting as much loot as you can.

You know, considering their new big idea is to reward people with NV by having them play through long sections of the game, their regular fucking disconnects are kinda bullshit. I just got 5 stacks and then, of course, disconnected. It happens constantly.

That's fucked. I don't even remember the last time I was disconnected. I get nice bouts of lag, but no disconnects.

RDreamer

That's fucked. I don't even remember the last time I was disconnected. I get nice bouts of lag, but no disconnects.

The only time I've disconnected from b.net outside of my own internet actually disconnecting me was yesterday... I was playing hardcore. Came back on and my character was dead. :(

I've hit the affordable gear/stupid expensive gear wall and can't seem to upgrade at all.

Anything I want to upgrade now that would be an actual step up is multiple millions of gold. I refuse RMAH or buying from gold farmers.

I also don't want to build a crit/crit% build because you KNOW that shit is getting nerfed at some point. I already lost 12k DPS during the IAS nerf.

I seem to farm a straight 200-300k a night and nab and have been getting consistent sales every night in AH, but it is a slow crawl.

Sigh.

Hey guys, I'm not playing anymore, but I wrote a strategy guide for barbs starting in Inferno. It's pretty general, so maybe more than barbs will find it useful.

I coded all of the fun parts in Yellow and all of the parts that require skill (and that you'll get better at with practice, rather than just gear) in Pink.

Let me know your thoughts!

d3flow.gif

syllogism

I don't see why crit damage would get nerfed. Every class is specifically designed to eventually stack crit. The only thing that I think should be nerfed is crit damage from offhand when dual wielding.

From reading posts, it seems that DH is the most used class for soloing inferno?

Dex
Magic find
All resist
Critical Hit
Critical chance

Sorry, I meant class.

Anyway am I accurate?

Thanks.

inky

Man, I never got my Barb Feat of Strength, fucking Blizz. I know it is a worthless thing, but every time I look at them it feels incomplete. =/

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Hey guys, is it just me, or are the number of people playing in public games WAY down from a week or two ago? I used to see numbers like 200+ on each quest I was on, but now I'm seeing numbers like 13 here, 40 here, 23 here. Just seems like a lot less than I was seeing before...

RDreamer

I don't see why crit damage would get nerfed. Every class is specifically designed to eventually stack crit. The only thing that I think should be nerfed is crit damage from offhand when dual wielding.

I doubt the crit stuff gets nerfed, too. They nerfed IAS because it was grossly overpowered compared to other stats. I mean you could get 15+% on things, whereas the cap on crit chance is somewhere around 7 or 8. They want you to have to choose between different stats on your items. Crit stuff innately follows that since it's already 2 different stats, unlike what IAS was. I mean look at before. You could have 15% IAS or you'd have to try and find crit chance and crit damage. The IAS is a no brainer, especially since you can get it coupled with a mainstat on some blue item. You can't really do that with crit stuff. I mean, it's powerful and if you stack it well it can become really awesome, but I don't think it's game breaking. They even said a little bit of game breaking is fine in the case of something like life on hit. They said they liked that if you get enough it felt like you broke the game a bit.

I've hit the affordable gear/stupid expensive gear wall and can't seem to upgrade at all.

Anything I want to upgrade now that would be an actual step up is multiple millions of gold. I refuse RMAH or buying from gold farmers.

I also don't want to build a crit/crit% build because you KNOW that shit is getting nerfed at some point. I already lost 12k DPS during the IAS nerf.

I seem to farm a straight 200-300k a night and nab and have been getting consistent sales every night in AH, but it is a slow crawl.

Sigh.

Yeah. Sucks, but that's where I'm at too. Anything I need at this point is just crazy overpriced. I wish you could filter out things that cost so much so that people who were listing things so crazy high would know that most people are never going to even see them.

I'm hoping here in the next couple weeks as people aren't selling things for 100,000,000 or $250, prices start coming down to more reasonable levels. If you're patient, you will find things from time to time.

RDreamer

Yeah. Sucks, but that's where I'm at too. Anything I need at this point is just crazy overpriced. I wish you could filter out things that cost so much so that people who were listing things so crazy high would know that most people are never going to even see them.

I'm hoping here in the next couple weeks as people aren't selling things for 100,000,000 or $250, prices start coming down to more reasonable levels. If you're patient, you will find things from time to time.

Just put in a max buyout number at what you would reasonably want to spend on whatever it is you're upgrading.

scy

Hey guys, I'm not playing anymore, but I wrote a strategy guide for barbs starting in Inferno. It's pretty general, so maybe more than barbs will find it useful.

I coded all of the fun parts in Yellow and all of the parts that require skill (and that you'll get better at with practice, rather than just gear) in Pink.

Let me know your thoughts!

Eh, my Barb is in ~2M worth of gear and I solo'd Diablo (granted, that's not actually hard) and a lot of Act 1/2 aren't really a problem. I don't even run Revenge and Overpower cools down fast enough anyway with my Crit rate (~55%).

...now, granted, that is in AH bought equipment anyway so I guess the "Go to the Auction House" part is still true.

Zzoram

I hope people don't stop buying things for $250 before I get a chance to sell to them.

Ploid 3.0

Except those are all scaled down to kind of approximate that. The melee Wizard build sees good returns for Life on Hit since Spectral Blades and Meteor are both good on it (22% per hit per target on Spectral Blades, 50% per Meteor + 25% per tick) but Energy Twister is 10% per tick per target. Blizzard is 2%. Hydras do nothing. Arcane Orb is 16% to 33% (20% on Celestial, the most common one) and so-on.

Area of Effect is where Life on Hit is typically at it's worst, not best.

Edit: Essentially, Life on Hit with skills is closer to "Life per Skill Use" rather than Life on Hit.

Yeah I knew of the scaled down numbers. People using life on hit should probably know as well. Depending on which skills+rune you use life on hit is just better. Regen is good for when you can't catch up to a target, need to get some space (ice bombs, arcane sentries, etc, and between fights). You'd need a ton of it to compete with life on hit where it can keep you in the fight against multiple enemies like loh.

Rufus

I don't see why crit damage would get nerfed. Every class is specifically designed to eventually stack crit.
You can stack it insanely high though. It doesn't really matter whether or not a class is designed around it, which is why it will be nerfed.

Eh, my Barb is in ~2M worth of gear and I solo'd Diablo (granted, that's not actually hard) and a lot of Act 1/2 aren't really a problem. I don't even run Revenge and Overpower cools down fast enough anyway with my Crit rate (~55%).

...now, granted, that is in AH bought equipment anyway so I guess the "Go to the Auction House" part is still true.

Hmm, maybe my chart wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that any of it was too difficult, it's not! I just developed a strategy guide to pass on my knowledge.

eek5

Sigh.

Been here for a while. The good news is it means your gear is valuable so if you remain patient you can snag good deals on upgrades then sell your gear and basically upgrade for really cheap. The bad news is you're not going to be upgrading your gear with any frequency anymore. I don't think I've upgraded a single item on my barb in over a week. Any upgrade for me costs 30+ mil. Feels really bad.

LordCanti

There is nothing quite as disappointing as seeing a legendary armor on the ground and having it be Goldskin. Or anything other than Tyrael's Might really.

RDreamer

You can stack it insanely high though. It doesn't really matter whether or not a class is designed around it, which is why it will be nerfed.

You can stack things like Life on Hit extremely high, too. The devs themselves said that was fine. It's ok if it eventually breaks the game. They like that feeling. The problem comes in if a singular (SINGULAR) stat is far more powerful than every other stat to the point where it's a complete no brainer that you have to go with that one, like IAS was. Crit stuff is TWO stats to begin with, so it's not even in the same conversation as IAS.

linsivvi

Don't think it was me but I wouldn't be surprised if Screaming Skull ends up being at least somewhat useful. Though, I'd imagine Electrified Bolts might be better when your Crit gets to >40%. Not sure, really.

Screaming Skull was useful even long before the nerf. It is very awesome for kiting. The only problem is it will take much longer to kill mobs.

You can stack things like Life on Hit extremely high, too. The devs themselves said that was fine. It's ok if it eventually breaks the game. They like that feeling. The problem comes in if a singular (SINGULAR) stat is far more powerful than every other stat to the point where it's a complete no brainer that you have to go with that one, like IAS was. Crit stuff is TWO stats to begin with, so it's not even in the same conversation as IAS.

It still is. They never fixed anything. They just lowered the hard cap on it. It is still the most important stat that everyone should go for.

Junie12

Sigh.

I just cleared Act 3 and now I'm in the same boat as you :(

Act 4 is tough on me and I can't farm Act 3 efficiently because there are just some mobs that will fuck me over. So my only options are to farm Act 2 or buy from the RMAH which I refuse to do! sigh, maybe I'll just cheese my way to Act 4 and get this game over with already <_<

Ashhong

There is nothing quite as disappointing as seeing a legendary armor on the ground and having it be Goldskin. Or anything other than Tyrael's Might really.

Can't be any worse than when I found Leoric's Shinbone the other night. I had no idea what it was. Saw a brown item and got so excited.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom