• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliciel

I need a gold check on these, `please GAF

KIkAE.jpg

R61Fy.jpg

Dahbomb

Can't be any worse than when I found Leoric's Shinbone the other night. I had no idea what it was. Saw a brown item and got so excited.......
HAHAHAAHA....

Thank god I got all my Pony items before that patch. They were all white before but I can see why they did it. It's very easy to miss the items if you don't know you were looking for them. I accidentally found the Shinbone and almost skipped over it until I realized "WTF kind of weapon is a Shinbone?"

Junie12

Wow so pony items are brown now? Lol that seems kind of unnecessary and cruel, I guess they want people to keep it because some of my friends never picked up whites until I told him about the pony level.

Ashhong

Yea I never ever read the titles on white items. I'm sure I pissed some of these before lol. They should make the items pink or something.

RDreamer

Do Monks stack armor? I saw these boots for 800k but it had 250~ armor.
Need a gold check on these, GAF.
HW65E.jpg

Yeah, we like armor. I'm not sure I'd say we "stack" it any more than any other class. Those seem to be odd boots. For a cold res stacking monk they might be pretty good, depending on if that person has enough resists on everything else. But they're pretty targeted boots. They need a specific cold res stacking monk. No one else will be that interesting, I think.

balddemon

Banned
so with
  • 764 All Resist
  • 17% Block chance
  • 11.5k DPS
  • 39k HP
  • 8.7k Armor
  • 3.1k DPS Enchantress
  • 190 Life on Hit
  • 593 Life/Second
i should be able to farm act 2 right?

scy

Yeah I knew of the scaled down numbers. People using life on hit should probably know as well. Depending on which skills+rune you use life on hit is just better. Regen is good for when you can't catch up to a target, need to get some space (ice bombs, arcane sentries, etc, and between fights). You'd need a ton of it to compete with life on hit where it can keep you in the fight against multiple enemies like loh.

You don't really need that much to compete with Life on Hit unless you're in a build that's at the 60%+ return rate on pretty much all your skills. Many builds, however, aren't. Almost every DPS Barb runs skills that are sub-50% returns. Wizards are even worse. Monk does fairly well with Life on Hit though.

It's a bigger deal just due to the (gold) cost of LoH in general too. It's cheaper to gear Life Regen right now too. Though, you're also looking at needing a lot of specific stat distributions at that point.

Hmm, maybe my chart wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that any of it was too difficult, it's not! I just developed a strategy guide to pass on my knowledge.

I more just meant the whole "Leap in, spam cooldowns, hope for the best." I'm DPSing my way through on my Barb and enjoying it :x

...though, to be fair, my Diablo kill was, "Leap in, spam cooldowns, ohshit kite" but I'm also in Act 1 farm gear!

IceMarker

This game is getting more frustrating by the day. Like many of you I'm just farming Act 1/2 of Inferno and getting nowhere in terms of upgrades (and especially tough when I run into those bullshit elite affix combos), and items that seem decent never sell on the AH unless they're in the top 1% of all items. Blizzard better bring the big guns in terms of changes to 1.0.4 and 1.1.

I more just meant the whole "Leap in, spam cooldowns, hope for the best." I'm DPSing my way through on my Barb and enjoying it :x

...though, to be fair, my Diablo kill was, "Leap in, spam cooldowns, ohshit kite" but I'm also in Act 1 farm gear!
My guide was aimed at people like this:
This game is getting more frustrating by the day. Like many of you I'm just farming Act 1/2 of Inferno and getting nowhere in terms of upgrades (and especially tough when I run into those bullshit elite affix combos), and items that seem decent never sell on the AH unless they're in the top 1% of all items. Blizzard better bring the big guns in terms of changes to 1.0.4 and 1.1.
I hate to see people get frustrated because they don't understand that this frustration is all there is to the game!

You just need to consult my handy strategy guide a bit further up the page.

Wow so pony items are brown now? Lol that seems kind of unnecessary and cruel, I guess they want people to keep it because some of my friends never picked up whites until I told him about the pony level.

I think this was in response to people complaining after they toss their loot confusing important items with gray items. I saw quite a few posts on the Blizz forums requesting the staff be a legendary color.

so with
  • 764 All Resist
  • 17% Block chance
  • 11.5k DPS
  • 39k HP
  • 8.7k Armor
  • 3.1k DPS Enchantress
  • 190 Life on Hit
  • 593 Life/Second
i should be able to farm act 2 right?

For reference ... my monk is now comfortable in act II and whatever it can throw at me.

650 resists all
50+ dodge buffed
17K DPS
30K HP
6.5K Armor Buffed
680 LOH
650 LPS

If I sub a weapon for my sheid, my APS increase to 2.35 and my damage / LOH goes up as well depending on what I socket. I lose 1K armor though and don't use gaurdians path to increase my dodge to offeset my loss in armor and dex when dual wielding. I have about 45 LpSS on my gear though. One more weapon w/ 20LpSS and I can get rid of a passive and sub Gaudians path %15 more dodge to offset the armor loss.

I'm rambling ... but it looks like you'll survive fine. It looks like you'll be working for a while to bring thigns down though.

scy

I hate to see people get frustrated because they don't understand that this frustration is all there is to the game!

You just need to consult my handy strategy guide a bit further up the page.

I think there needs to be a "Check the RMAH" step for if your guide still doesn't work :x

IceMarker

Here's the secret though: it is not! ;)
I just don't know anymore Arnold, I love this game and want to see improve as much as you, but it's getting really tough to not get frustrated with nothing but crap items dropping from very slow kiting sessions, especially given that I have a level 60 for each class so even drops that are bad for one class are good on another, and furthermore when the decent items I get (but don't improve any of my characters personally) almost never sell even at lower than competitive prices on the GAH. I have yet to sell an item on the RMAH as well.

FrankT

Beat Diablo on Hell with my Barb with full MF on. Fun stuff. Anyhow finally on to inferno and it is a good thing I'm not wanting to get any more than act 1 as I would get my face melted with this gear haha. Not 2 minutes into inferno and a legendary drops off a trash mob. Feels good.

RDreamer

Heh, that Inquisitor I sold to flip and then everyone here told me was worthless, so I resold it at only a very small markup is back on the market. Guess I sold to another flipper. It's up for 4.5 mil bid and 6 mil buyout. I swear if I see that thing go I'm going to come back here and virtually punch you guys that said it was worthless :p

Nafai1123

Banned
Is there a particular resist that is preferred to stack for Monks? I've been stacking Arcane, but I haven't been able to get it above 300-350 without spending a fortune.

Vodh

Does MF increase the quality of the rolls? Let's say I get a rare ilvl 63 helm - will MF be a factor in determining the stats on the item?

maharg

idspispopd
Does MF increase the quality of the rolls? Let's say I get a rare ilvl 63 helm - will MF be a factor in determining the stats on the item?

No. Just makes it so that you're more likely to get blues or yellows or greens. Doesn't affect their ilvl or their stats.

Neki

It determines when a white becomes a blue, when a blue becomes a yellow and when a yellow becomes a legendary. :p

or something

ask swiftlame

I guess a white can become a blue, yellow or a legendary, there are no tiers.

just sounds cooler

Dahbomb

Is there a particular resist that is preferred to stack for Monks? I've been stacking Arcane, but I haven't been able to get it above 300-350 without spending a fortune.
In the end with the passive they will all come to the same (One with Everything). So just stack any.

Me personally I am not using One with Everything yet because I can't afford the gear yet but so far the element that seems to give me the most trouble is by far Fire. Molten sucks, Fire chain suck hard and those Fire elementals throwing pits of fire all over the place also suck. Arcane isn't really a problem because you can avoid the beams rather easily, Poison/Plague doesn't tick down health as fast as fire from my experience, ice balls are also avoidable. Don't really know what resistance Desecrator falls under but if that's fire too then that's another plus. Physical resistance is another one you want high since you are in constant melee pressure. But like I said, you want all of these up by using All Resistance gear + Resistance of choice that you stack with the passive.

Ashhong

No. Just makes it so that you're more likely to get blues or yellows or greens. Doesn't affect their ilvl or their stats.

What really? MF literally just affects finding magic items? So it increases the chances of picking up those items, but I have just as much of a chance of getting an amazing lvl63 item as someone with 500% MF? Need to rethink my MF gear...

All Res + Base Res for monk. If you're stacking Arcane, start stacking Arcane and All Resist gear.

I don't think there is anyting special about the element you're stacking on top of your all res.

maharg

idspispopd
What really? MF literally just affects finding magic items? So it increases the chances of picking up those items, but I have just as much of a chance of getting an amazing lvl63 item as someone with 500% MF? Need to rethink my MF gear...

Well, except in that the amazing ilvl63 items are obviously going to be the ones with more affixes (and thus are not whites, or mostly even blues). So it does raise your chance of getting an amazing item for sure.

But that's the way it's always been in Diablo. All about the RNG.

V_Arnold

I just don't know anymore Arnold, I love this game and want to see improve as much as you, but it's getting really tough to not get frustrated with nothing but crap items dropping from very slow kiting sessions, especially given that I have a level 60 for each class so even drops that are bad for one class are good on another, and furthermore when the decent items I get (but don't improve any of my characters personally) almost never sell even at lower than competitive prices on the GAH. I have yet to sell an item on the RMAH as well.

I do not know what to say, really. I sometimes am genuinely surprised to see that I almost need to feel bad for not feeling bad about this. I had this melee wizard idea a few days ago, and damn it, the mere fact that one can blaze through act1-act2 with ease with a melee build shows that this game has so vast potential when it comes to build variety.

That is the thing that really makes farming Act1 so much fun - all the possibilities that might not be "the best", but when you are three-shotting elites or killing the Warden within 10 seconds, those feelings go away. And I do not even have that much gear, 23-24k dps (with 25% crit chance and 190% crit damage), with 55k hp and ~800 all res, plus ~8000 armor. Broke as hell too, 1mill gold and a few bucks in RMAH.

It is just this: I refuse to care whether other people make more money than me. When I see people bitching about boringness while doing goblin runs and earning real money in the process, sometimes in 200$+ chunks, I think they need a friggin' perspective shift. Cause that is not the definition of boring to me.

(Also, it is hard to be pessimistic when 2 30-60euro range weapon drops in one day, although I do not put them up yet. :D)

Seth C

Act 3 of Hell is supposed to have 9% ilvl 61 drops, right?

I do not know what to say, really. I sometimes am genuinely surprised to see that I almost need to feel bad for not feeling bad about this. I had this melee wizard idea a few days ago, and damn it, the mere fact that one can blaze through act1-act2 with ease with a melee build shows that this game has so vast potential when it comes to build variety.

That is the thing that really makes farming Act1 so much fun - all the possibilities that might not be "the best", but when you are three-shotting elites or killing the Warden within 10 seconds, those feelings go away. And I do not even have that much gear, 23-24k dps (with 25% crit chance and 190% crit damage), with 55k hp and ~800 all res, plus ~8000 armor. Broke as hell too, 1mill gold and a few bucks in RMAH.

It is just this: I refuse to care whether other people make more money than me. When I see people bitching about boringness while doing goblin runs and earning real money in the process, sometimes in 200$+ chunks, I think they need a friggin' perspective shift. Cause that is not the definition of boring to me.

(Also, it is hard to be pessimistic when 2 30-60euro range weapon drops in one day, although I do not put them up yet. :D)

LOL...150 hours and I'm at 4500dps.

V_Arnold

LOL...150 hours and I'm at 4500dps.

220+ hours here, and using the game as intended (i.e. when I find a great piece of item that I cant use, I put it into the AH, and buy myself an item that is for my class.). Inferno is hard enough without optional restrictions. :D

Tom Penny

Act three is just a sink hole in my gold. Freaking melee monk class. Nothing like enemies flaming the whole area then making you run in fear into it because you have to get close to them :(

Tom Penny

What level are you? You can have my old lighting / all resist gear at least what I have left. It's nothing special but a starter kit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Me and a friend took our time on the first play through and worked through together. So the way it ends with that horrible confirmation pop up box and 'ITS FINISHED' was just a big punch in the gut. The story was shit, and you're right in that really that story is an after thought to collecting as much loot as you can.

It definitely is. I'm not invalidating your opinion in the least, and I'm sorry that it was so disappointing, but can't help but think you set yourself up for disaster by putting any sort of importance on Diablo's story.

Well, I hope you play more of the game regardless. The skill mechanics, the elites, the loot and the big numbers are the real reason to play the game, and I guarantee that if you go back into the game with that in mind, you'll have a wild time.

Sarcasm

One of the achievements is two of every class at 60. Believe it or not I am tempted to do that. 5 softcore and 5 hardcore. yeah baby.

Also Diablo was never meant for the lore so I wasn't let down. But I did at least solo and take my time when I first got this game to take it all in.

Ashhong

Well, except in that the amazing ilvl63 items are obviously going to be the ones with more affixes (and thus are not whites, or mostly even blues). So it does raise your chance of getting an amazing item for sure.

But that's the way it's always been in Diablo. All about the RNG.

Yea I think I get it now.

So are these pants worth about 10 million or is that way too much? That seems about the rate on AH when I searched..but it sounds really high to me.

h0YgO.jpg

The only real problem with Diablo III's story is that a lot of the major villains are super cartoonified and one dimensional in their constant taunting and revealing of their plans to you.

EDIT: Gah, must have been responding to posts from last page by accident or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom