• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoDad

You can search for legendaries by name.

Prowlers used to sell for a lot before the IAS nerf. I haven't bothered to check if they're still expensive now.

I changed it to legendary, and then put main stats in, str, and vit. Only one other Prowler has the same stats and he's trying to sell it for 300 million.. lol yeah right.

eek5

Lacuni Prowlers tanked in price. They used to be in the millions because someone bought out like 100 of them and was keeping the price artificially high but after ASI got nerfed it looks like they let the market take care of itself.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I read on the diablo 3 forums that 1.0.3b will invalidate MF on goblins. Yet another reason not to care about MF. Probably fake though.

rCIZZLE

I read on the diablo 3 forums that 1.0.3b will invalidate MF on goblins. Yet another reason not to care about MF. Probably fake though.

Is there really any reason for this? Goblins aren't nearly as good as they were since everything else got buffed and it's not something that can reasonably be expected to be a bot spot. Why are they trying to force us to play the game a certain way? Not all of us want do marathon MF sessions.

edit: saw that it's an unreliable source. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens though.

sleepykyo

This is the problem I have with MF as a stat on gear. It just throws things way out of whack and compels players to do stupid things like swap out gear at the last minute because it would be detrimental not to do so. Like I laid out in my thread about the subject: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465944

I would prefer if MF potential was based more around player skill. You can kill more mobs, tougher mobs, in a faster period of time, without dying? Great. Here's an MF bonus because you're a badass.

That or let's get rid of gold find and magic find to begin with. The stats are essentially grinding (reduce) stats. Get rid of mf, gf, consolidate resistance into:
1) AR
2) Physical
3) Elemental or magical.

Itemization automatically more favorable to players and how badly the elemental stuff is implemented in game is marginalized (ie. only ice provides anything to the player, but all elements are a specific threat to the player).

Dahbomb

That or let's get rid of gold find and magic find to begin with. The stats are essentially grinding (reduce) stats. Get rid of mf, gf, consolidate resistance into:
1) AR
2) Physical
3) Elemental or magical.

Itemization automatically more favorable to players and how badly the elemental stuff is implemented in game is marginalized (ie. only ice provides anything to the player, but all elements are a specific threat to the player).
I would be OK with this.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you're referring to me, i dont give a hoot that you sre using an MF suit, but ultimately i recognize that what you're doing falls under a category that technically is a bannable offense, and a pointing out that you can probably be banned for it. You might think you SHOULDNT be banned for it, we migh both agree that it would be silly for you to be banned for it, but according to the rules, you can.

So if you can admit that there's a risk, and that you're ok with that risk, then by all means carry on, i dont think anyone here cares

If your problem is with automation then why aren't you complaining about automation instead of complaining about Magic Find?

Again, you don't need to use automation to use a Magic Find suit.

Sure, there is a miniscule risk with using any form of automation. When people have been running farming bots since the first week with impunity I'm not really worried about using a macro to swap gear. In either case I'm not sure what that has to do with Magic Find. :)

On the Goblin issue the ancient path goblin is--was yesterday, at least---still really good farm as long as you can handle anything else you might find on the path. I haven't tried it since today's patch but it was coughing up rares faster than I could do on an elite run plus it doesn't lock you in to a run since NV doesn't matter. I'll typically hit a few goblins if i'm waiting on an auction to close in the next 10-15 minutes.

rCIZZLE

1) AR
2) Physical
3) Elemental or magical.

Grinding is the only thing left in this game right now and removing a couple stats won't change that. I can't even imagine this series without at least MF.

Dahbomb

MF/GF should be on something else, like an evolution of the Neph Valor. I liked Kripp's idea of Champion levels where killing more Champs would give you more intrinsic stat boosts plus MF.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
consolidate resistance into:
1) AR
2) Physical
3) Elemental or magical.

I think I'd still like to see individual resistance affixes, but modified so that they have a much greater impact on defense so as to not be as inferior to "all resist". Additionally, they could have even greater value as well if individual resistances were more like elemental affinities that not only provided defense against that particular element, but also provided a damage or proc boost to that corresponding element if the player does elemental damage via weapon or skills. It would make elemental specific builds (e.g. "cold sorc" or whatever) have more specific gear to strive for.

That or let's get rid of gold find and magic find to begin with.
MF/GF should be on something else, like an evolution of the Neph Valor.

That's what I suggested in my thread back in march.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465944

If it were up to me, I'd probably do away with magic find on gear completely. It gets rid of a large hurdle in balancing it properly. It also takes the game to its basic goal: kill monsters -> get loot. Increasing your power is essentially increasing your capacity to get loot (MF) since the faster you kill, the more loot you get.

If the players feel the need to have more risk/reward in the gameplay, then actually make the game more harder instead of resorting to the players willingly gimping themselves. Allow players to choose to endure harder content for better rewards instead of gimping themselves to counteract the game's lack of difficulty.

Add magic find bonuses for having the players complete the game content and doing it competently. That way there is positive feedback for playing the game in its most fun manner.

As for how to "fix" MF/GF, personally I think one good solution would be to have gear swaps trigger a cooldown of all your abilities, similar to swapping skills but less severe (maybe 30 seconds cooldown on all abilities).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
As for how to "fix" MF/GF, personally I think one good solution would be to have gear swaps trigger a cooldown of all your abilities, similar to swapping skills but less severe (maybe 30 seconds cooldown on all abilities).

That would be pretty aggravating when I want to switch to a life on hit weapon to deal with reflect dmg mobs.

Woo-Fu

Banned
That would be pretty aggravating when I want to switch to a life on hit weapon to deal with reflect dmg mobs.

They'd have to exempt weapons, IMHO. You'd still get people swapping out weapons for increased MF but maybe that wouldn't irritate the people who can't be bothered to do it themselves.

sleepykyo

Seems really aggravating, I'd prefer Renta's kill streak scenario (tweaked with the addition of a punching bag streak so tanks could get mf as well).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the idea of magic find and gold find on items. I really just want to play the game because I enjoy the combat, but I can't shake the feeling that I'd benefit from carrying around a set of MF gear and cheesing out by swapping everything at the end of an encounter. It's just not something I want to do, and I think it goes against the spirit of the game, yet I feel like I'm at a disadvantage for not doing it.

The whole thing just sucks. They should slightly up drop rates for everyone and make nephalem valor and other temporary buffs the only way to increase your magic find/gold find %.

rCIZZLE

I'd rather I have a steady MF bonus attached to my equipment then either having the game all about killing speed with no strategy or requiring me to be logged into a game for so long to get the MF bonus.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather I have a steady MF bonus attached to my equipment then either having the game all about killing speed with no strategy or requiring me to be logged into a game for so long to get the MF bonus.

I think I mainly hate it because there is no instant feedback. You can easily tell when your survivability and damage dealing capabilities go up, but it's not so easy to tell that your +100% magic find is working properly.

I hate the idea of magic find and gold find on items. I really just want to play the game because I enjoy the combat, but I can't shake the feeling that I'd benefit from carrying around a set of MF gear and cheesing out by swapping everything at the end of an encounter. It's just not something I want to do, and I think it goes against the spirit of the game, yet I feel like I'm at a disadvantage for not doing it.

The whole thing just sucks. They should slightly up drop rates for everyone and make nephalem valor and other temporary buffs the only way to increase your magic find/gold find %.

I do like the idea, but from a perspective I think it should be a very clear tradeoff. I don't think there should be a free "increase my drops" button for a select portion of the playerbase who feels like using external software to modify the behavior of the game. And this doesn't just apply to MF / GF either, but gear in general. What about when PVP comes and people carry around like 5 different sets of gear with them, swapping between sets willy nilly depending on what type of player they happen to be up against at that particular moment in time.

It creates an unfair advantage and while I certainly don't blame people for doing it if the game mechanics allow it (I used to carry around an MF set myself), I think it goes against the spirit of the game.

So, if you want to get the benefits of MF on gear, I think you should have to do it with the gear you used to actually kill the enemy. And if that means you might have to sacrifice some stats to be able to afford gear with MF on it, that's fine - that's the choice you have to make. Or you can get lucky (and be rich) and find something with all the best stats *and* a high MF value. But that's nothing unusual with this type of game - money gets you better gear.

Seems like Blizzard agrees since they've already said as much during the Reddit AMA (I think that's when it was said anyway)

mcrae

after someone asking for a price check on a lvl 60 item 'level req reduced by 6' i decided to look up anything with 'reduced by 11' or more for my level 48 wizard.

bought a 670 dps 2h mace for 100,000 with 980 life after kill and an open socket i put the ~38,000 crit gem in, upped my dps from ~2200 to 10200 before any skill bonuses.

facerolled most of act 4 in a 4person game after that. it was awesome. thx GAF

Anustart

I don't understand why Blizzard didn't implement a ladder. It seems it would drive more sales on a ladder rmah, as people would be buying more gear due to needing it every so often once characters are moved to non-ladder.

That and I liked ladder in d2 and sad that it isn't here.

Edit : And are rare rings loaded or what? 99.9% of the rare rings that drop for me are ilvl 57, no exaggeration. It's insane.

rCIZZLE

I do like the idea, but from a perspective I think it should be a very clear tradeoff. I don't think there should be a free "increase my drops" button for a select portion of the playerbase who feels like using external software to modify the behavior of the game. And this doesn't just apply to MF / GF either, but gear in general. What about when PVP comes and people carry around like 5 different sets of gear with them, swapping between sets willy nilly depending on what type of player they happen to be up against at that particular moment in time.

It creates an unfair advantage and while I certainly don't blame people for doing it if the game mechanics allow it (I used to carry around an MF set myself), I think it goes against the spirit of the game.

So, if you want to get the benefits of MF on gear, I think you should have to do it with the gear you used to actually kill the enemy. And if that means you might have to sacrifice some stats to be able to afford gear with MF on it, that's fine - that's the choice you have to make. Or you can get lucky (and be rich) and find something with all the best stats *and* a high MF value. But that's nothing unusual with this type of game - money gets you better gear.

Seems like Blizzard agrees since they've already said as much during the Reddit AMA (I think that's when it was said anyway)

Blizzard should work on detecting people using outside scripts and software. Obviously they can't now or we'd still have a reason to open chests or break barrels.

Gear switches help out the economy anyways. If there were some pretty severe downsides to having specialized gear, people just wouldn't buy them.

LuniRPG

So I think I just found a pretty awesome Amulet and since the AH is so annoying to filter by I'm not really sure what this is worth... Should I just put it up for a bunch and see what happens?

neck.png

Sarcasm

I don't understand why Blizzard didn't implement a ladder. It seems it would drive more sales on a ladder rmah, as people would be buying more gear due to needing it every so often once characters are moved to non-ladder.

That and I liked ladder in d2 and sad that it isn't here.

Edit : And are rare rings loaded or what? 99.9% of the rare rings that drop for me are ilvl 57, no exaggeration. It's insane.

Than make it like Hardcore mode, no access to RMAH.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I have yet to find anything that proves having increased magic find actually helps what loot you get

I consistently get better drops wearing no MF gear (very consistently)

Also... Did they increase the goblin and elite pack rates? In one act 1 run today... I hit at least 50 elite packs and bare minimum 20 goblins... It was pretty ridiculous

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Has anyone seriously paid that much for anything? I'd imagine just about zero items priced that high have sold.

According to this thread someone is throwing down that much money every five minutes.

(Would love to read an interview with one of these buyers. Who the heck are these people? Thought we were in a recession?)

rCIZZLE

I have yet to find anything that proves having increased magic find actually helps what loot you get

I consistently get better drops wearing no MF gear (very consistently)

Also... Did they increase the goblin and elite pack rates? In one act 1 run today... I hit at least 50 elite packs and bare minimum 20 goblins... It was pretty ridiculous

I don't know, with full 250 MF gear I seem to get 3+ rares on almost all elite packs with 5 NV. With just the NV and another ~20 from gear I get 1-2. It's working for me.

Ploid 3.0

People don't like that some people change to MF gear before the kill, saying that needs to be fixed? This game is getting too strict. Bad chests, rumor of bad goblin drops, and cool down on equipment swaps.

I don't know, with full 250 MF gear I seem to get 3+ rares on almost all elite packs with 5 NV. With just the NV and another ~20 from gear I get 1-2. It's working for me.

I used to do butcher runs with 350 MF (after NV) and it was pretty noticeable. It wasn't necessarily as noticeable in the number of yellows, but just the number of things that weren't white. I'd kill a trash pack of like 10 mobs and I'd get 1 or 2 blue items every single time. I had to stop picking stuff up because I'd be going to town to salvage every 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom