• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switftlame

Neo Member
wBRdE.jpg

WINNER

RDreamer

What the bloody hell? Can you post your stats please? Like, Full stats, LOH, Vit, Dex, Dodge, Block, Block amount, Resi....

Like an entire screenshot with everything!

I'm not sure if linking the EHP thing works, but if it does, here it is

Strange thing is that it doesn't even take into account your LOH or your block percentage or block amount.

Here's my stats:
That's with mantra of evasion with hard target and blazing wrath active.

and here's my equipment:

And here's my build

Most of my gains on the EHP thing (and the game I suppose) come from running stuff like Lightning Flash along with Concussion at the same time. I've been doing dual spirit generators through most of inferno and you can get some crazy survivability if you're running both defensive runes. I was using Keen Eye for a while for the armor boost, but I like the AOE on Crippling Wave, so concussion rune won out on that. Remember, both those things last for at least a few seconds. That's long enough for you to run through the alternate attack and come back.

DSmalls84

Im looking at buying another sword and in the 5 mil range I see swords and mighty swords that are:

850 damage
50 crit damage
250-300 loh

Does that pricing sound accurate or off mark?

eek5

Might be my imagination but so far I've only seen 4 items under iL60 including white drops. I'm on my 8th pack now in A3

Might be my imagination but so far I've only seen 4 items under iL60 including white drops. I'm on my 8th pack now in A3

I'm having a similar experience, lots of 60+, very few low level items.

I just blew up a pack of soul rippers and got 3 lvl 63 items. 6 packs in and I have 7 lvl 63 items. :/

Vodh

Is the drop rates hotfix even up yet?

Also: got my new laptop today, change from lowest possible settings and a choppy but somewhat playable framerate to everything as high as possible with a perfectly smooth framerate - feels good, man! :D

Also: got my new laptop today, change from lowest possible settings and a choppy but somewhat playable framerate to everything as high as possible with a perfectly smooth framerate - feels good, man! :D

I'm assuming its up, ilvl60+ items are raining like candy in act 3 for me atm.

beanman25

Finally activated to post! :)

I've got a question though. I have a level 60 Monk in HC Act 1. I've been farming Sakaroth because I'm kind of undergeared. I would like to farm Act 1 as a whole though. I've got 1.1 Million gold and am looking to make a cookie cutter-ish build for farming the act.

I'm using One with Everything, so I only need to focus on 1 resist and all resists. Besides that though, what stats are absolutely crucial for safely farming the act?

FtHTiny

sooo it their a trick to get the item window to show after you've sold it wtf...????????

you have to click into the chat-window (where you would type) with the ah-screen open. Then i shift click on the gold icon (before you send it to the stash). This will link the item into the chat and you can click on it to see what it was.

neoism

you have to click into the chat-window (where you would type) with the ah-screen open. Then i shift click on the gold icon (before you send it to the stash). This will link the item into the chat and you can click on it to see what it was.

motherfucker..... thank you sooo much I'm sick of not knowing what I sold.. :/ me stupid.

syllogism

Supposedly some time after 9 am pacific

V_Arnold

Bah fucking damnit, hate being disconnected after getting 5 NV. Was just finishing my Butcher run and the game lags out -_-

I do not care about that anymore, getting 5 stacks of NV in Act1 inf takes less than five minutes anyway :D But yeah, they have to patch something like a 30 sec buffer into NV, when disconnecting and reconnecting leaves that intact.

Seth C

Sigh. Two more days of farming Act 3 Hell and I still have absolutely NO chance at beating Rakanoth. Nothing up to this point is a challenge for me anymore. None of the Elites in Act 4, nothing, but I cannot kill this guy. I can get him to half health every single time and then I die.

Is the hotfix doing anything to Act 1/2? I thought the drop issue was limited to act 3/4.

Anyway, I'm tired of farming act one. Time to try out act 2.

scy

@50M Dagger: Maybe I should just keep quiet about LoH value so people can keep making massive money off people who don't know better :|

How in the fuck.

So Kripp spends 700k on armor for a few day old Monk, uses a 900 DPS weapon with Dex and about 800 life on hit and clears inferno. Winds with with 16k dps,750 resist, and 33k HP.

Right now he's doing a budget Barb which will prob be around the same or under 2 million excluding whatever the weapon is worth.

I feel like... I suck at this game so bad or something.

Sounds ... about right? My Barb is under 2M, including the weapon (though, the Amulet is worth a lot more but I got it as a drop) and can do most of Inferno. At least can do Diablo, but that's really not a hard fight.

Proper balance of stats with a proper build will be your best bet. A lot of the tank heavier Barbs, for instance, are sacrificing too much offensively which means they need more and more sustain to last long enough to kill anything.

DSmalls84

@50M Dagger: Maybe I should just keep quiet about LoH value so people can keep making massive money off people who don't know better :|

Sounds ... about right? My Barb is under 2M, including the weapon (though, the Amulet is worth a lot more but I got it as a drop) and can do most of Inferno. At least can do Diablo, but that's really not a hard fight.

Proper balance of stats with a proper build will be your best bet. A lot of the tank heavier Barbs, for instance, are sacrificing too much offensively which means they need more and more sustain to last long enough to kill anything.

I really do not see how gearing for all of Inferno is possible for sub 2 Mil. Even gear with only 1 primary stat and all resist is pricey now. I guess you guys either got a good bit of drops, bought items at times of lower inflation, or got really lucky finding pieces on gah.

Cipherr

I really hope this opens a LOOOOOOOOOT of eyes man. The first two acts can seriously be farmed without much trouble. And you can get fantastic drops that you can sell for millions and millions by clearing them. 1.03 really fixed a lot of the problems. I will cede that it may be a little different for ranged classes in this regard, but Monks and Barbs should really be able to clear Act 1 and Act 2 without much struggle besides Belial. I also had to drop stacks at first to beat him.

But now I just throw a weapon in my offhand and I have the dps to kill him.

You were saying?

iBWqJ.jpg

Lawdhammercy hahahaha

I really do not see how gearing for all of Inferno is possible for sub 2 Mil. Even gear with only 1 primary stat and all resist is pricey now. I guess you guys either got a good bit of drops, bought items at times of lower inflation, or got really lucky finding pieces on gah.

Watch the videos man. I think getting through Act 3 might be possible for 2m. Act 4 might cost more, but if you are killing elite packs in Act 2 and 3, you will make the money you need to do it by selling drops. Once you are clearing Act 2 and 3 a couple million isnt a lot of gold anymore.

Dahbomb

Those stats seem about right for a Monk, probably could bump that DPS up a bit though. Right now I have similar stats only my resistances are really low because gear with resistances are very expensive especially if you want to stack them. I am thinking that with higher armor, higher other stats (like intel or strength), higher dex and more vitality I can cover up the need for double resistance stacks. I am going to be riding on my high 50-60% dodge rate and avoid all the elemental puddles manually.

Thing is that I have a 17-18K with 2 630 dual wield weapons, NO life on hit. He has less DPS than me with a better weapon which seems to tell me that his Dex is on the low end too. He is just spending gear on double resistances + LOH which is allowing him to survive long enough.

You have to get good drops for sure if you want to make it under 2 million.

scy

My Barb was geared like last week. The weapon I'll admit is a stupidly good deal (~820 DPS, 2.9% Life Steal, some +STR) but the rest of the equipment isn't stupid good on him.

My Wizard is in like 50M+ gear though!

DSmalls84

My Barb was geared like last week. The weapon I'll admit is a stupidly good deal (~820 DPS, 2.9% Life Steal, some +STR) but the rest of the equipment isn't stupid good on him.

My Wizard is in like 50M+ gear though!

Mind posting your gear and stats? I'm really interested to see what you have and hopefully it will give me ideas for how to itemize.

KePoW

Banned
Sorry for the noob question, but I've been out of the loop.

Can someone tell me the typical defensive Barb build for Inferno? Thanks.

zoukka

Added bears to my darts build and rofl at act 2. Even the most badass elites drop like flies while I remain untouchable with cooldowns. Farming got like 200% more fast for me.

And I was thinking of buying a decent LOH weapon, but if the people are nuts as that dagger abowe shows, I think it's not time yet lol.

Have a gear question when it comes to effective protection.

Right now I'm trying to better gear my DH towards being less of a glass cannon.

My current gloves have the following stats:
Total Armor - 451
122 Dex
IAS 7%
+196 Armor
Crit Hit Damage 31%

I found some other gloves while playing and I'm just not sure if they'd be a good replacement or not in terms of survivability
Total Armor - 206
66 Dex
52 Vit
30 Resist All
IAS 6%
Crit Hit Chance 5%

Equipping the first ones results in 1683 more DPS, but 1820 less life, but what I'm not sure about is how the 245 more armor relates to the resistances. At the end of the day it seems they are both fairly similar just don't want to get rid of one or the other because I'm missing something.

bs000

Jar of Souls has been good to me. Got a Revnant and Hellion bow from it. Now to decide if I should sell unid for a decent amount or unid myself and be terribly disappointed when it turns out to be crap :O

Woo-Fu

Banned
Added bears to my darts build and rofl at act 2. Even the most badass elites drop like flies while I remain untouchable with cooldowns. Farming got like 200% more fast for me.

And I was thinking of buying a decent LOH weapon, but if the people are nuts as that dagger abowe shows, I think it's not time yet lol.

You could go with a cheaper weapon with a socket and then some rings/ammy with a bit of LoH as well.

Seth C

Eh, I realize now I'm just done with the game. I tried doing some more farming in Act 3, but only got up to 3 NV stacks when I quit out of boredom. Over 1000 magic and rare items farmed in the last few days (since I started keeping stats) and not one of them even a slight improvement for my very, very bad equipment. Act 1 drops stuff that is mostly sub level 50, so I can't farm there for a change of pace.

I know, I know, the auction house. But then what? I farm for gold to buy even more new stuff from the auction house? It just has entirely no appeal for me.

Perhaps I'll get the itch to come back to it in a few weeks. We'll see, but right now it is a whole lot of work and not even a sliver of progression. That's just no fun. Glad the rest of you are still having fun with it. It was fun for the first 160 hours or so, but I think not getting to Inferno before the nerfed pots and chests really killed the ability to progress naturally. That probably cut equipment drops in half.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Awesome tip, thanks!

scy

Buy a Life Steal Weapon, honestly. It's cheaper than Life on Hit. WDs are one of the better LoH scaling classes (seriously, 50%+ on some AoE skills?) so you'll still find good returns from LoH but you can at least save money now :x Maybe aim for a Socket and just put a 300 LoH Gem in it.

Mind posting your gear and stats? I'm really interested to see what you have and hopefully it will give me ideas for how to itemize.

I'm at work so off memory:
~35k HP
~8k Armor (Enchantress buffed)
~400 Resists
20k - 35k damage (varies due to Frenzy buff, typically closer to 35k up most fights).

~55% Crit
~183% Crit Damage
5% Life Steal

Pretty standard Frenzy / Sprint / Whirlwind build by now, I imagine. Passives are Weapon Master (+ Axe weapon for the Crit Chance), Ruthless, and Tough As Nails.

DSmalls84

Buy a Life Steal Weapon, honestly. It's cheaper than Life on Hit. WDs are one of the better LoH scaling classes (seriously, 50%+ on some AoE skills?) so you'll still find good returns from LoH but you can at least save money now :x Maybe aim for a Socket and just put a 300 LoH Gem in it.

I'm at work so off memory:
~35k HP
~8k Armor (Enchantress buffed)
~400 Resists
20k - 35k damage (varies due to Frenzy buff, typically closer to 35k up most fights).

~55% Crit
~183% Crit Damage
5% Life Steal

Pretty standard Frenzy / Sprint / Whirlwind build by now, I imagine. Passives are Weapon Master (+ Axe weapon for the Crit Chance), Ruthless, and Tough As Nails.

I haven't tried a sprint build. I mostly use the standard ignore pain/revenge tank with Wrath to burst down elites. Besides damage/crit it looks like most of my stats are equal or greater than you what you have. Maybe I just need to explore different build options.

scy

I haven't tried a sprint build. I mostly use the standard ignore pain/revenge tank with Wrath to burst down elites. Besides damage/crit it looks like most of my stats are equal or greater than you what you have. Maybe I just need to explore different build options.

I dropped Revenge and haven't looked back in awhile; here's the build. Anyway, Overpower > Revel activates faster (it's a big deal to me!) than Revenge, has a slightly larger range, and the cooldown on Crit keeps it up as I need it when DPSing rather than keeps it up while tanking.

That said, Crushing Advance is pretty much better than Revel, especially as Damage increases and Life Steal is enough to sustain, but I'm also anticipating something happening to CA :x

Edit: Forgot to add, I have 0 Life on Hit for the stats, just the 5% Life Steal.

beanman25

Just got my first ever Legendary! Haven't identified yet, but it's a 61 Shield!

From Sakaroth with absolutely no MF!

EDIT: Ivory Tower
68 Dex
25 Resist All
12% Life
159 Life regen per second
Critical Hit increased 6%
Reduced melee damage from enemies by 4%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom