• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

So I haven't really been focusing on the game too much, so I'm still at the nice point where I'm sub-60 still with my highest character (witch doctor lol) and at Nightmare Diablo.

He pounded me, solo, but I also just got the Staff of Herding (regular and upgraded to Nightmare version).

Two questions since I haven't heard a lot of people mention it.

Is Whimsyshire worthwhile to visit at this point? And can we bring friends?

Duesy

From what people have been saying within the last page or two the hotfix is in already. Act 3 & 4 loot would always be sub-level 60 for me and now people are reporting only level 60+.

forrest

formerly nacire
You guys think I could trade a decently rolled stormshield for a Natalya's Mark? Preferably a decently rolled one. I'll post the shield once I can get back in game.

Neki

If Kripp beats Inferno with his budget barb, this just means you guys totally don't know how to spend money. :p

And that monk farming Act 1 and Act 2 with those budgets, man, life is easy now. If you guys can't scrounge up 1-2mil to get that kind of gear, then I'm sorry.

Completely anecdotal, but this morning I was farming Act II before work and got very few iLVL 60 items and below. I even got a rare iLvl 63 one hand weapon with 700 DPS and 100 vit and str.

I'm curious to see the patch notes. Even if they didn't increase the higher drop rates for act II, it felt like they lowered the chance for absolute trash to drop as well.

Who knows though ... I'm curioous to see if I was just semi lucky this morning.

Is Whimsyshire worthwhile to visit at this point? And can we bring friends?
Yes, you can bring others in with you but I don't think whimsyshire in nightmare is worth the gold at that point. Save up to buy better gear when you need it and worry about whimsyshire later when you've got a bunch of gold to spend. I upgraded my staff to Nightmare and went a couple of times and never went back - I was better off just running through hell. I'm guessing it doesn't pay off until inferno.

Fularu

Banned
If Kripp beats Inferno with his budget barb, this just means you guys totally don't know how to spend money. :p

And that monk farming Act 1 and Act 2 with those budgets, man, life is easy now. If you guys can't scrounge up 1-2mil to get that kind of gear, then I'm sorry.
It will just mean Snakeswithlasers sucks at the game and never understood its skill portion (yes I'm referencing his bitching thread)

Xanathus

Act 3 has definitely been buffed/fixed so that mostly >60 items drop. I've been experimenting with Act 1 and I'll do Act 2 later, but it seems like they have also been buffed as well as I'm seeing significantly less <60 items in Act 1.

Act 3 has definitely been buffed/fixed so that mostly >60 items drop. I've been experimenting with Act 1 and I'll do Act 2 later, but it seems like they have also been buffed as well as I'm seeing significantly less <60 items in Act 1.

That was my experience from Act II this morning as well. Maybe not more iLvl 63 stuff, but it felt like less 50-59 items for sure.

scy

It was sort of like that pre-1.0.3 to be honest. Maybe not as cheap for Act 2 but Act 1 was really cheap. I think most my characters barely upgraded from Hell to tackle Inferno Act 1, honestly.

Neki

I've noticed this too. Every single rare has given me at least 1 60 now, it's a little more tolerable.

Revoh

Of all my gear this is my most expensive item I guess, I got this pre 1.0.3 on my first act 3 run ever from a white mob.

Is this a 250$ amulet?
I'm letting GAF decide if I should sell it
edit: fuck it, I'm selling it
X6nya.png

TommyT

You guys think I could trade a decently rolled stormshield for a Natalya's Mark? Preferably a decently rolled one. I'll post the shield once I can get back in game.

Probably not, especially since it was announced it wasn't getting changed (the 4 piece set). The prices have gone up quite a bit where as the need for a stormshield has gone down.

syllogism

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_Updated_612-6_13_2012#blog

General
The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:
The new approximate drop rates are as follows:
Hell – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%
iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%
iLvl 63: 0% (no change)
Inferno – Act I
iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%
iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%
iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%
Inferno – Act II
iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%
Inferno – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%
iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%

scy

Let's enjoy this moment until everything goes half in price.

Man, I'm going to have to sit here at work while the prices start to tank :(

General

Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor

wait, wut.

inky

^@ scy - They used to drop only one guaranteed rare with 5 stacks and no guaranteed rare with 4 stacks. They changed it when 1.0.3 hit and now it's back to the way it was before.

I other news, my shit has stopped selling full stop. I can't sell some fucking boots for 50k lol.

scy

^@ scy - They used to drop only one guaranteed rare with 5 stacks and no guaranteed rare with 4 stacks. They changed it when 1.0.3 hit and now it's back to the way it was before.

Right, I know. I just meant it seems weird that they removed the one drop from bosses and gave +1 to all elite packs ... and then gave the bosses that drop back again.

Anustart

I've seen no change in my act 2 farming. Still 96% < 60

Edit : Just bad luck then! But did get 2 ilvl 57 rings already. I REALLY wish they'd do something about that. It's infuriating.

Neki

Right, I know. I just meant it seems weird that they removed the one drop from bosses and gave +1 to all elite packs ... and then gave the bosses that drop back again.

Azmo runs for all!

I've seen no change in my act 2 farming. Still 96% < 60

I got 4 63 weapons in my first Azmo run

granted, they were all shit, but I'm happy to see them again

GJS

So they reversed the boss drop change.

The ilvl 61+ Drop rate change isn't likely to change much, people will just reach a different area on the drop curve where it takes too long for them to find upgrades and items that sell for high amounts of gold to afford upgrades, then start complaining again.

scy

The ilvl 61+ Drop rate change isn't likely to change much, people will just reach a different area on the drop curve where it takes too long for them to find upgrades and items that sell for high amounts of gold to afford upgrades, then start complaining again.

Which I think Blizzard said would happen :x

Though, if people can get to the point of comfortably farming before that wall happens, I imagine the complaints might slow down. Might.

Whoa. On another note, does it seems like Blizzard doesn't believe in minor tweaks? eg. SS gets cut in half, IAS gets cut in half, drop rates get doubled. What happened to 20-30% tweaks?

8% -> 10% would probably go largely unnoticed by people, honestly.

inky

Well, it was an idiotic thing to do in the first place, make bosses drop less good shit that random packs. They said it was because when they buffed some of them, people started skipping bosses altogether and they didn't want that either.

The truth is, Blizzard are too fucking hasty about these changes and probably have no idea what to do to stop people from bitching. The game was kind of fucked in the first place, but they should've waited and properly tested some changes before hotfixing shit like this. I believe this double rate will bring new unexpected problems to the economy. My friendlist is already empty as it is...

I other news, my shit has stopped selling full stop. I can't sell some fucking boots for 50k lol.

There is a noticable drop in the playerbase, and I bet the majority still playing has fairly decent gear on the high end. Throw in more drops now, so you have high supply, low demand, and everything that isn't perfect will be very low in value.

Now on the flip side, anything perfect will be ungodly expensive to due rampant stores of gold on many characters.

Totakeke

You want more complaints eh?

Now that high-end equipment are dropping like flies, everyone will clear Inferno easily and people will quit in droves because there's no more to the game!

There is a noticable drop in the playerbase, and I bet the majority still playing has fairly decent gear on the high end. Throw in more drops now, so you have high supply, low demand, and everything that isn't perfect will be very low in value.

Now on the flip side, anything perfect will be ungodly expensive to due rampant stores of gold on many characters.

You guys and your econcraft.

Whoa. On another note, does it seems like Blizzard doesn't believe in minor tweaks? eg. SS gets cut in half, IAS gets cut in half, drop rates get doubled. What happened to 20-30% tweaks?

Very "beta" like is it not? Not like Blizzards old and slow changes is it?

Which means either A.) Blizzard's QA / game development process is changing, B.) They knew the game was no where near stable "statistically" or C.) The playbase has dropped so badly they are doing drastic changes.

Or D.) All of the above.

scy

The truth is, Blizzard are too fucking hasty about these changes and probably have no idea what to do to stop people from bitching. The game was kind of fucked in the first place, but they should've waited and properly tested some changes before hotfixing shit like this. I believe this double rate will bring new unexpected problems to the economy. My friendlist is already empty as it is...

They're trying to fix things for people that are complaining but not much is being looked at from a long-term perspective. Though, I suppose that long-term perspective is irrelevant to most the people complaining.

Not if they can progress on what they get. Sure people won't get the best items to drop, but if stuff drops that allows them to progress, I don't see as much complaining.

scy

Not if they can progress on what they get. Sure people won't get the best items to drop, but if stuff drops that allows them to progress, I don't see as much complaining.

Drops for Normal - Hell are more than enough to progress but people still complain that AH stuff is vastly better despite all of those being overkill for what they're doing :|

They should make Inferno much harder again to account for the loot increase. Simple solution!

Inferno 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom