• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
The gem combiner really needs some way to either combine all gems or combine x gems. Having to click and wait on that cast every time is retarded.

Anustart

The gem combiner really needs some way to either combine all gems or combine x gems. Having to click and wait on that cast every time is retarded.

I really wouldn't have minded the horadric cube making a return. I agree, pointless waiting is bull when I have 30 combines to do.

LordCanti

I was out of the loop all morning:

So drop rates doubled? Or something?

Edit: Reading forums, I'm reading that AH bot users got banned. There will be actual deals to be had now for everyone else finally.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can't wait- new loot drop rates should slaughter values over time

Gearing up may become fun again

Sick of having to spend so much for minor upgrades

Right now my resists are about 950 buffed

Trying to get strength, vit, all resist has been a chore. Especially amulets and rings. I need 1200-1300 resist and about 12,000 armor buffed (sitting at 9.5k)

I want to become a god, damnit

scy

so I guess making your own gems is always worth it right?

You can also bank on someone being bad at math and just fucking up and giving you an awesome deal.

Damn, you people constantly bragging about RMAH or discussing your woes of not making a few hundred more dollars are annoying as hell.

Go give life to the Trade thread and change the title.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476554

I agree that no one really cares how much gold or money you are making or not making

Er ... sorry, I guess? I figured the other thread was mostly price checks. Besides, we're discussing drop rate changes
which in turn changes profits!

LordCanti

You can also bank on someone being bad at math and just fucking up and giving you an awesome deal.

Basically. It took me like ten minutes of hardcore figuring to determine what I was actually spending (materials included) to make one gem, and then how much profit I was making, etc.

It didn't come out favorably for me after the tome costs were factored in. I made a million gold, but then realized the tomes would have sold for nearly a million on their own, making my work pointless.

I have to wonder about the long-term viability of the game with the way the Blizzard has been making changes.

The economy will do what it will do; I'm more concerned that the trickle down effect of great gear being widely available will make even Inferno trivial to clear. Hell, maybe we're already there.

I guess there are no-AH and HC game modes for people to play, but for softcore, AH-using players, Diablo III will top out at a few hundred hours. I guess that's not terrible...

I have a pair of 277 int, 10% crit chance gloves I was planning on selling this weekend.

Any ideas what they might be worth? They also have like 38dex and I think attacker takes x damage, but can't remember.

Anustart

I have to wonder about the long-term viability of the game with the way the Blizzard has been making changes.

The economy will do what it will do; I'm more concerned that the trickle down effect of great gear being widely available will make even Inferno trivial to clear. Hell, maybe we're already there.

I guess there are no-AH and HC game modes for people to play, but for softcore, AH-using players, Diablo III will top out at a few hundred hours. I guess that's not terrible...

The only answer I see is implementing a ladder to keep items in check.

LordCanti

I hope you guys enjoy the new thread title!

:D

I do, very much so.

With most of the regulars having cleared Inferno, it's a race to figure out how much actual money can be made on this game. How much additional money can be made, I mean.

So they buffed loot drops, eh? Finally a reason to farm now.

Everyone will do that, bringing costs down for everyone.

Sell your loot quick guys ;P Lord knows my last couple of items aren't going to sell now.

DSmalls84

I do, very much so.

With most of the regulars having cleared Inferno, it's a race to figure out how much actual money can be made on this game. How much additional money can be made, I mean.

Everyone will do that, bringing costs down for everyone.

Sell your loot quick guys ;P Lord knows my last couple of items aren't going to sell now.

Lower cost sounds great to me! I haven't been buying anything lately because I have enough gold to buy stuff but not enough to get upgrades over my current gear.

Anustart

Thread title gave me an idea. Someone needs to make a youtube video in the style of those late night tv shows that sell rand crap but theyre always screaming.

Ted : "What we have in store your today is going to blow your minds! "

Rob : "Youre looking at a pair of boots with 75 all resistance, 150 dex and 60 vit, you just can't get this kind of value on the auction house"

Ted: "Rob, I know youre not thinking of selling those for anything less than 3 million gold, you'd put us out of business!"

Rob : "Oh I am, these can be had for not a fine over 1 million."

Ted : "omg, we've got wives and kids to think about, this is madness!"

Always heard the term but what is the ladder thing?

Basically, the game gets reset every so often, wiping (or at least removing from the ladder system) all characters and items. It refreshes the economy and keeps the game interesting by giving something people to chase after all over again.

There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the basic gist.

Thread title gave me an idea. Someone needs to make a youtube video in the style of those late night tv shows that sell rand crap but theyre always screaming.

Ted : "What we have in store your today is going to blow your minds! "

Rob : "Youre looking at a pair of boots with 75 all resistance, 150 dex and 60 vit, you just can't get this kind of value on the auction house"

Ted: "Rob, I know youre not thinking of selling those for anything less than 3 million gold, you'd put us out of business!"

Rob : "Oh I am, these can be had for not a fine over 1 million."

Ted : "omg, we've got wives and kids to think about, this is madness!"

Yeah, or like a Pawn Stars episode. "Best I can do is 20k. Sorry buddy, take it or leave it."

Basically, the game gets reset every so often, wiping (or at least removing from the ladder system) all characters and items. It refreshes the economy and keeps the game interesting by giving something people to chase after all over again.

There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the basic gist.

No way they'd ever do that, with real money being involved in the AH.

jersoc

wow, they doubled drops everywhere just not act 3 and 4. that's a bit surprising. good on blizzard. maybe people can stop saying the game was designed around the rmah and gah now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! Higher drop rates all around and bosses are now back to giving 2 guaranteed rares for full NV!

Looks like it's actually worth the trouble farming Act III now.

scy

Probably the most truth in any of the OT titles we've had so far.

So I feel like I missed a lot. Boss drop rate back to where it was pre 1.0.3? Also all inferno drops changed to less sub 61 items?

They didn't release ilvl 60 numbers but it looks like sub-ilvl 60 is something around 5%-15% of the drop table now for Acts 1-3/4.

wow, they doubled drops everywhere just not act 3 and 4. that's a bit surprising. good on blizzard. maybe people can stop saying the game was designed around the rmah and gah now.

More items = Lower prices = more sales = more $1 fees

Blizzard!!!!

Cipherr

This would explain my current run, what in the fuck. Shitloads of high ilvl items all of a sudden, its everywhere.

I thought I was having a lucky run, but if its game wide, values are going to plummet at this rate.

No way they'd ever do that, with real money being involved in the AH.

That's how it worked in Diablo II - moving from ladder to non-ladder (which is what most people are referring to.) There wasn't a RMAH to worry about then. Obviously it's not quite as feasible in Diablo III, though there are still various ways you could pull it off. You could either have separate ladder characters that don't have access to the RMAH, or implement a system like the champion levels mentioned in the Kripparian video which is in addition to everything that's already in the game, so nothing that you already have now and could pay for would be lost on resets. Items aren't affected with that system though.

Possibly even something else.

Cipherr

Yeah... my 1200 dps weapons on the AH might not sell at the current price unless it goes quickly by the end of the day. Values are going to crash down hard, and I need to leave Act 2 and start farming Act 3 pronto.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Hmm, perhaps spending 40 million gold on crafting right before they increased the drop rates was A BAD IDEA. I'm my worst enemy sometimes.

Dahbomb

Holy crap... they really upped the loot on all Acts of Inferno.

Ran through my usual Act 1 Inferno run and got at least twice as many LVL63 items as before. A lot of items I was able to put on the AH and one in particular I saved for the RMAH:

sCMn0.jpg

Even if that doesn't sell, it's easily worth in the 10s of millions. I got a glove too that I put up for a million.

Today has been a great day thus far!

Farming for Inferno is now totally viable without using the AH.

Vodh

Actually when it comes to ilvl 63 act 3/4 inferno is more than doubled too :)

RDreamer

Ran through Act 3 from the Siegebreaker on through to Azmo killing every elite in between. I got nothing but hot garbage. Actually I'm not even sure you could call it hot garbage. It was just garbage. Sure I think a few of the ilevels were a bit higher, but fuck that stuff sucked.

linsivvi

I think Blizzard saw the numbers and realize they need to do something quick to stop players from quitting.

Blizzard defenders can also stop telling people not to complain, because complaining does work. Video games should always put entertainment value as the first priority.

syllogism

Holy crap... they really upped the loot on all Acts of Inferno.

Ran through my usual Act 1 Inferno run and got at least twice as many LVL63 items as before. A lot of items I was able to put on the AH and one in particular I saved for the RMAH:

sCMn0.jpg

Even if that doesn't sell, it's easily worth in the 10s of millions. I got a glove too that I put up for a million.

Today has been a great day thus far!

Farming for Inferno is now totally viable without using the AH.
That's definitely not worth 10s of millions unless NA AH doesn't understand the value of sockets. On EU AH there are currently better sub-10m pants which aren't selling.

scy

As long as the RNG is the way it is, it probably doesn't matter too much about the base ilvl quality :x

Not that I'm suggesting they change the RNG. Just that it's probably part of why they decided doubling rates isn't a big deal.

Dahbomb

That's definitely not worth 10s of millions unless NA AH doesn't understand the value of sockets. On EU AH there are currently better sub-10m pants which aren't selling.
There are only 6-7 of these on the NA GAH and even fewer on the RMAH. The non sockets one just like this are selling for over 5 million easily.

It's not what it's worth it's what it's selling and judging by what people are bidding on these, it can certainly sell 10 million.

Dahbomb

doing an act 1 run

only 1 pack in each crypt :(
only 1 pack on the festering woods overworld :(

first time thats ever happened :(
Noticed this too. I got less elites than usual and the Jailer area had one elite total which was right on top of the jailer area oddly enough.

equil

Since when does Rakanoth have an enrage timer? I've beat him a few times on inferno and i never had a problem until today, he does this super melee attack near the end.

doing an act 1 run

only 1 pack in each crypt :(
only 1 pack on the festering woods overworld :(

first time thats ever happened :(

Booo! I'll have to check later, but it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed the predictable elites with drop rates increasing. Still kinda sucks though if in turns out to be a true stealth nerf :/

Dahbomb

Double drop rates.
Half as many enemies.

I see what you did there Blizzard.
Nah it's not half, most of the areas had around the same number of elites. But overall it felt fewer, like maybe 25% less across the whole act. It's just those areas that felt hit hard. I still finished the run with a ton of rares.

Anyone know how many Elites and Goblin/Res Chests you get in the Watch Tower? I got 1 of each in my run right now.

scy

Nah it's not half, most of the areas had around the same number of elites. But overall it felt fewer, like maybe 25% less across the whole act. It's just those areas that felt hit hard. I still finished the run with a ton of rares.

Heh, I'm just joking (hopefully, anyway). Just felt appropriate :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom