• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Also anyone know if the Treasure Goblin drops guaranteed rares with Stacks? In this run every time I killed a Goblin with full stacks he dropped rares always (didn't drop the time I had 5 stacks).

garath

Also anyone know if the Treasure Goblin drops guaranteed rares with Stacks? In this run every time I killed a Goblin with full stacks he dropped rares always (didn't drop the time I had 5 stacks).

I don't think so. I've had full 5 stacks and no yellows from goblin.

balddemon

Banned
Nah it's not half, most of the areas had around the same number of elites. But overall it felt fewer, like maybe 25% less across the whole act. It's just those areas that felt hit hard. I still finished the run with a ton of rares.

Anyone know how many Elites and Goblin/Res Chests you get in the Watch Tower? I got 1 of each in my run right now.

i've got 3 packs and 1 resp chest in my watchtower now.

edit: thats it

I don't think so. I've had full 5 stacks and no yellows from goblin.

I'm not sure. Pretty much every time I've killed a goblin with 5 stacks I've had at least 1 rare drop, but I don't know if it's necessarily guaranteed. It's probably just very, very likely, with goblins having a high base drop rate for magic/rare items (higher than typical champions even) and all the additional MF you'll have from the stacks.

Estein

Banned

Pretty sure that was a ninja change in 1.0.3, along with events like Jar of Souls and that other one in the crypts dropping rares with 5 stacks.

DSmalls84

I'm not sure. Pretty much every time I've killed a goblin with 5 stacks I've had at least 1 rare drop, but I don't know if it's necessarily guaranteed. It's probably just very, very likely, with goblins having a high base drop rate for magic/rare items (higher than typical champions even) and all the additional MF you'll have from the stacks.

Do the goblin drop rates follow the basic Act drop rates as far a ilvl goes?

garath

I think it's just likely with the MF boost you get from the stacks. I was a little shocked. With 5 stacks I have about 275% MF. lol

forrest

formerly nacire
p6Ph4.jpg

That. Is. Awesome!

Someone really should tell the town he's dead though. :(

Today I finally got to a point where I can run through act 3 killing all elites in my way. Then I got to Ghom. A few hundred thousand in repair bills and much cursing later I finally managed to kill him :D For all the frustration in the game it feels so good when you manage to overcome what brick walled you earlier. Just in time for the drop rate fix too.

balddemon

Banned
I've gotten three level 63 rares in ten minutes off the Alcarnus goblin. I made the stupid mistake of identifying them (all garbage) so I didn't make any gold off of them, but still.

where do you sell them unid? do you just save up a bunch and put it on d2jsp? or trade chat 1 at a time?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
That's definitely not worth 10s of millions unless NA AH doesn't understand the value of sockets. On EU AH there are currently better sub-10m pants which aren't selling.

From reading this thread with all the insane 10-50mil gold item sales, and then looking at the EU market. My gold it's a completely different world. You'd never be able to sell the same items here for those prices.

eek5

I think it's just likely with the MF boost you get from the stacks. I was a little shocked. With 5 stacks I have about 275% MF. lol

With 5 stacks I'm under 100MF and I pretty much get a rare from goblins all the time at 5NV. I've farmed gobs in a2 w/ 200 MF and I don't even get a rare all the time there so I think it's more than just MF at play.

Mashing

I'm going to laugh my ass off when people start complaining about the economy (who gives a fuck) crashing. I for one will be glad for prices to go down.

Cipherr

I'm going to laugh my ass off when people start complaining about the economy (who gives a fuck) crashing. I for one will be glad for prices to go down.

They wont complain about that. And even if they do, they will be drowned out by the masses who are crying for more end game content once they are fully equipped in the ilvl 63's currently falling from trees.

RDreamer

Everyone is. Even in Act 2 I'm seeing a ton of lvl 63 items. Anyone that is geared to run A3/A4 elites is going to get 63 after 63.

I am geared to do such a thing, and I just did such a thing. I ran all the way from that open area in Machines of War through the siege breaker quest and on to Azmodan. I beat every elite on the way. Got nothing but hot garbage. I think I got enough to sell 150k worth, maybe. Of the other people in my group one person got nothing but garbage (he dropped before the 2nd twerp, though), and the other found one decent armor that's probably worth a good bit (by good bit I mean possibly a million... maybe 2)

Essences will probably drop in price.

Man, this is just in time.

I tried to do another useless farm run on act 1 last night, got 15 mins in with the usual shit drops and quit.

I was ready to really quit.

But there is that dangling carrot...I'll give it a few more days lol

Zeppelin

I'm starting to get pretty sick with the drops in this game now. 250 hours in and I've gotten 3 legendaries and 0 set items. The legendaries all sucked. What's the point of dropping me a level 55 spear when I'm grinding Inferno with 5 stacks? It's of no use to me or anyone else. I guess I could salvage them but with legendary plans being even rarer I honestly don't see the point.

Also, I wish they'd just acknowledge how much Act 2 sucks and adjust the difficulty of Act 3 so that people could skip that depressing crap.

jersoc

god the new drop rates rock so hard. hopefully i can get to 40k to farm act 3. only need about 6k more dps. but like hell i'm buying gear now.

pulled so many 61s and 62s from act 1 alone. way better than getting lower lvl shit.

Gotchaye

I was surprised at the ratios. My feeling was that pre-hotfix Act 1 was better than Act 3 because it could be done much, much faster and had comparable drop rates on ilvl 61 and 25% of Act 3's for ilvl 63. But now it's even closer for all ilvls 61-63. So if it made sense to do Act 1 instead of Act 3 before the hotfix, it makes even more sense now.

Edit: Now even the best items only drop 3.4 times as often in Act 3 as in Act 1. So if you can get items in Act 1 about 3 times faster than in Act 3/4, you're probably better off there, and it seems to me that that'll be the case for almost everybody - you need crazy DPS before walking time starts dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom