• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a bit extreme but they really needed to do this. I've gone from being on the verge of calling it a day to actually being excited to play again. Hell, I might even try and gear up other classes for inferno as well now.

TommyT

I'm sorry girlfriend, I know I told you I would finish the game soon... but doesn't look like that is going to happen. Actually I should be apologizing to my penis, he will be the most neglected from the two of us.

balddemon

Banned
fuck i always post at the bottom of the page

anyone with good dps want to go through act 3 with me? barb that can tank shit for hours,
if i have dps

*looks at hotfix notes*

O-oh my... That's definitely not an insignificant increase. This is like a droplet of water after a huge drought from so many farming nerfs.

jersoc

is this worth anything?

KL0Iw.jpg

I'm kicking myself for spending 7 million on a 950dps witch doc knife yesterday..........but I now no longer run our of mana fighting elites

Estein

Banned
I'm starting to get pretty sick with the drops in this game now. 250 hours in and I've gotten 3 legendaries and 0 set items. The legendaries all sucked. What's the point of dropping me a level 55 spear when I'm grinding Inferno with 5 stacks? It's of no use to me or anyone else. I guess I could salvage them but with legendary plans being even rarer I honestly don't see the point.

Also, I wish they'd just acknowledge how much Act 2 sucks and adjust the difficulty of Act 3 so that people could skip that depressing crap.

That legendary lvl 55 spear is worth millions of gold for the MF if it gets a good roll.

balddemon

Banned
Do you value life regen?

yes but i'm only at 570 right now, 297 if i switch shoulders.

although 570 is not bad

oh plus i go from 31% life to 22%
Keep looking imo. Keep in mind those shoulders can roll up to 300 str so you want to be stacking as much of it as possible. The more STR you get on your shoulders the more you can skimp out on for your other slots (i.e. pants/chest where high str is very expensive)

well i found them , lol

Gotchaye

I've gotten a crazy number of legendaries lately. In ~8 Act 1 runs, I've gotten a legendary 1-handed axe, a legendary 2-handed axe, legendary chest armor, and a set source. Only the source was ilvl 60+ though. All were crap.

eek5

well i found them , lol

Oh lol. It's tough to call. I would run it through EHP calc then give the ones on the left a little extra since it has life regen on it which is nice to have. Whenever I have two pieces like that (tanky vs dps) I usually keep both and just swap depending on the act I'm in though.. at least until I can find one piece that is as good as both combined

RkOwnage

Last 10 goblins I've killed haven't dropped a single rare.

Bad luck is bad....I have about 110 mf with my decent dps gear set, otherwise I can't kill them.... Meh

Zeppelin

Max MF Roll (25%) so it's not bad at all for an MF set. Someone will pay for it I wager.

Hm, okay. I never even considered that people might be willing to pay for MF gear. I'll put it on the AH tomorrow.

It wasn't bad to have it for a couple of levels when I was leveling my barb but my God was it a disappointing first legendary, especially considering it dropped on my DH.

balddemon

Banned
Oh lol. It's tough to call. I would run it through EHP calc then give the ones on the left a little extra since it has life regen on it which is nice to have. Whenever I have two pieces like that (tanky vs dps) I usually keep both and just swap depending on the act I'm in though.. at least until I can find one piece that is as good as both combined

yeah it's really not even close. lose 40k EHP without dodge if i use the high str ones. so looks like its not an upgrade after all :(

Uncle AJ

What stats help the most for surviving + farming with a Monk in Inferno?>

I'm still stuck on Act 2, but Dexterity (which you should have lots of anyways because you're a Monk) and Vitality are the must-haves. And Seize the Initiative is highly recommended if you're 1000 Dex or higher.

The most effective method I've found is going through the entire last chapter of Act 1 in a co-op group and using Conviction as your mantra w/ Overawe rune. Enemies taking 24% extra damage from your entire party (48% if you're constantly refreshing, which you should be) is way too good to pass up. You have to be right next to the enemies, though, so again: use Serenity wisely, and kite. Kiting is something you can't avoid doing as Monk sometimes; that's just the way it is.

Stacking evasion techniques w/ Mantra of Evasion is fantastic for normal enemies, but consider some of the worst-case scnearios for a Monk: elites with molten, desecration, plauge, and frozen + anything. These can't be dodged, so they aren't really going to help much against elites. I would only consider it if I planned to farm solo.

If you're not stacking resistances to use with One With Everything (this really only becomes worthwhile once you've stacked one to be about 500 resistance), and you don't have LoH gear or weapons, Transcendence is still your best survival tool. Constantly refresh your Mantra of choice to get quick heals without having to run away. If you DO have lots of LoH, though, or gear that already gives you plenty Life Per Spirit Spent, consider a different passive. I personally like Beacon of Ytar just because of less downtime between Serenity uses (with the Ascension rune on Serenity, its only 20 seconds between when Serenity wears off and when you can use it again).

Also consider Earth Ally for the health boost, and its ability to force enemies to attack it instead of you when you need to run away.

I'm sorry girlfriend, I know I told you I would finish the game soon... but doesn't look like that is going to happen. Actually I should be apologizing to my penis, he will be the most neglected from the two of us.

HAHAH ... I feel like canceling plans with my brother in law and his wife tonight. My wife would be so pissed. HAHA.

Meh ... I'll just stay up late. I'll get some good farming in this weekend too.

LegoDad

anyone with mad dps wanna go through act 3 with me?
:D

fyi i haven't beaten any of it yet, i'm just taking forever to kill anything lol

What's your DPS? I was rolling through it pretty easily besides Elites taking awhile with 11K DPS.. Almost tripled my DPS from the first time I went through Act 3 and what I beat Diablo with.

Vodh

Man, those droprates look kind of insane. I hope they won't nerf them in an afterthought. But so far it's been like 'yeah, it kind of sucks I can't get anything really badass in Act 1', then in 1.0.3 it was like 'ok, that's pretty cool, got my motivation to farm my favourite act, thank you Blizzard' and now it's reaching the 'HOW MANY? Man, that's more than I've ever hoped for!' levels :) And I already loved this game pre-1.0.3 :D

zoukka

If anyone here has a zunimassas journey, could they confirm if the attack speed is still borked in them or does it work as well as the poison damage bonus?

Neki

Man, those droprates look kind of insane. I hope they won't nerf them in an afterthought. But so far it's been like 'yeah, it kind of sucks I can't get anything really badass in Act 1', then in 1.0.3 it was like 'ok, that's pretty cool, got my motivation to farm my favourite act, thank you Blizzard' and now it's reaching the 'HOW MANY? Man, that's more than I've ever hoped for!' levels :) And I already loved this game pre-1.0.3 :D

Tell that to all the people bitching in that new Diablo whine thread. :p

Dahbomb

Last 10 goblins I've killed haven't dropped a single rare.

Bad luck is bad....I have about 110 mf with my decent dps gear set, otherwise I can't kill them.... Meh
Are you killing packs? Because 5 stacks guarantees a rare from a Goblin. I tested it right now, got 5 stacks and went through the act. Killed around 7 goblins, all dropped rares and never less than 1 rare.

scy

Tell that to all the people bitching in that new Diablo whine thread. :p

There's some legitimate complaints but, honestly, a large amount of, "Inferno so hard gear doesn't exist!" complaints make me wonder if they're actually playing the game. I have four characters that are deep Inferno capable and only one has a ridiculous amount of gear. That I farmed for her with her. Hell, my last one did it on a budget.

Seth C

I quit and then they increase the drop rate. Of course, they say the drop rate in Act 3 of Hell was 9% for item level 61 and 1.9% for level 62 yet in my experience, in my actual real world gameplay, it was 4% for 61 and 0% for 62.

More specifically, 3.4% of magic and rare items dropped were level 61, with 2.9% of rares and 3.65% of magic items, after 1044 drops. So either I have statistically almost impossible bad luck or...

Item level 55 was by far the highest, at 25.6% of magics and 17.6% of rares. Followed in both cases by level 58, then 52.

syllogism

If anyone here has a zunimassas journey, could they confirm if the attack speed is still borked in them or does it work as well as the poison damage bonus?
Attack speed works if it says "attack speed increased by" instead of "increases attack speed by". Haven't bothered to test poison damage bonus

Neki

There's some legitimate complaints but, honestly, a large amount of, "Inferno so hard gear doesn't exist!" complaints make me wonder if they're actually playing the game. I have four characters that are deep Inferno capable and only one has a ridiculous amount of gear. That I farmed for her with her. Hell, my last one did it on a budget.

I do agree, Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but I find that people are naive in thinking that PoE or TL2 will be any different. The worst complaints are people who have never played a loot whore game, or a korean MMO. They'll play TL2 or PoE thinking something different will happen, but it will be more of the same.

windz

HAHAH ... I feel like canceling plans with my brother in law and his wife tonight. My wife would be so pissed. HAHA.

Meh ... I'll just stay up late. I'll get some good farming in this weekend too.

Yeah, you know the hooks are in when you consider skipping plans with friends :(.

Because I have tomorrow off, I will simply have to stay up till 3/4am when I get back tonight.

Yes, this seems like a good idea. Looking forward to seeing higher ilvl gear rolling in.

scy

I do agree, Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but I find that people are naive in thinking that PoE or TL2 will be any different. The worst complaints are people who have never played a loot whore game, or a korean MMO. They'll play TL2 or PoE thinking something different will happen, but it will be more of the same.

I'll give PoE the maps though. Those sound awesome in theory. Diablo 3 needs some kind of real end-game stuff on top of Inferno.

Maybe Inferno 2. It'll be like release Inferno all over again!

they'll be dissapointed with TL2 and PoE as well, some people were looking for a $60 game to feed their MMO grind addiction. They might get it with GW2.

linsivvi

they'll be dissapointed with TL2 and PoE as well, some people were looking for a $60 game to feed their MMO grind addiction. They might get it with GW2.

TL2 isn't a $60 game.

TL1 already had better end game than Diablo 3.

The most important part is, TL2 allows mods and won't have the nanny state developer monitoring everything. If you don't like something about the game, you will find a mod that fixes it for you. Or you can make one yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom