• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

need help guys.. DH just started Act I inferno.. getting owned a lot by reflective damage mobs.. i have around 18k hp, around 135 resists, 70k dmg with ss.. only 110k gold left.. what to do?!?!

Get out of inferno. Go down to nightmare and farm some gold to cover repair costs. Then stay in Hell act 4 until you get some decent gear/gold.

As far as reflective damage mobs: Get some life on hit or life steal. Run a merc that can heal (templar has two), use pots, and SS to cancel the damage.

gembel

Not playing completly glass cannon. Sorry, but I don't know how this can be fun to you(not directed at the poster)guys. I've had more hp when I finished NM and prolly the same resists at Belial Hell. I'm talking about 2 weeks after launch when you weren't able to buy anything on the ah.

You want huge dmg to 1shot everything ... pay the price.

so what do i need to do?

i have been focusing on high dex and crit chance on my gears (bracer, quiver, glove, helm).. i spent 1.5m already on these :(

i think only my belt and pants have resistances.. chest and boots are still lv51,54 though.

and my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXTVY!YeT!YZZZcZ

Macmanus

OuLAk.png

lol........ that vit.... if i put rubies then it will be 220str/220vit but damn.... those crappy stats

I'd buy that if it's for sale. Armor is low, but I can deal with the no +AR since it rolled physical.

My thorn Barb is working out a lot better than I thought. I need a new Barb for 2h dps

Could you elaborate a bit more on your thorn barb?

so what do i need to do?

Get yourself some real armour like every one else. It might look expensive but once you've got it the difference in damage mitigation is more than clear.

Cloaks (if you're using one) with all res + disc are pretty damn rare, so just focus on getting res on all the other slots you can. 50 or so everywhere should be fine to tone down reflect and cover the odd hit.

Maybe get some health regen too

gembel

Get yourself some real armour like every one else. It might look expensive but once you've got it the difference in damage mitigation is more than clear.

Cloaks (if you're using one) with all res + disc are pretty damn rare, so just focus on getting res on all the other slots you can. 50 or so everywhere should be fine to tone down reflect and cover the odd hit.

Maybe get some health regen too

with 100k seems impossible i guess.. i think i should farm gold in Nightmare first

scy

then my spending on dex and crit chance items will go to waste :( im confused.. i saw some guide they say just pump everything to dex and crit

Pump just DEX/Crit Chance/Crit Damage if you don't mind dying a lot. It may have also been a pre-Nether Tentacles fix one as well.

Pretty much all classes want a decent amount of Armor/Resists (e.g., 4000/400 or better as needed) to go with their DPS.

Edit: You may also want to make the choice of Shadow Power > Gloom to help you with Reflect Damage enemies.

Stet

Banned
Let me just say that elites and champions resetting health instantly for any reason is some bullshit, but especially when you're trying to kite them and they get stuck and end up off-screen for less than 10 seconds.

Cipherr

Also these gloves are pretty good. Can I get a price check for these (for EU RMAH/GAH).

gloves.jpg

I dunno those seem a lot better than 'pretty good' If the last two affixes were Crit% and Crit Damage% instead of Magic Find and Health/Gold/Orb Pickup, those would be the perfect roll. I dont know how much it will go for, but it will go for a lot, thats for sure.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I'm getting tons of level 63 items, I am still not making any real gold though. Sitting at 3million - and inflation is killing me. Seems like everyone has a billion jillion dollars - 3mil is the MOST i've ever had.

I worry I am selling stuff worth like... 20mil for 200k.

with 100k seems impossible i guess.. i think i should farm gold in Nightmare first

You could just avoid reflect damage packs, or kite them all day and only shoot with smokescreen up. It's absolutely possible

Just run Inferno Act 1. If you're careful 1 run should net you about 60-80k in dropped gold. If you're lucky you'll find something to sell

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
new drop rate is making this game really addicting again. SO CLOSE to hitting the jackpot. I keep getting that One more run feeling every time now

79c4C.jpg

RDreamer

You could just avoid reflect damage packs, or kite them all day and only shoot with smokescreen up. It's absolutely possible

Just run Inferno Act 1. If you're careful 1 run should net you about 60-80k in dropped gold. If you're lucky you'll find something to sell

At this point it seems like at the very least one out of every three packs is reflect damage now. The last game I played with my DH I think at least 3/4 of the elites were reflect damage. And if they weren't reflect damage they had mortar. Probably a third of them had both. It's kind of crazy.

Cipherr

At this point it seems like at the very least one out of every three packs is reflect damage now. The last game I played with my DH I think at least 3/4 of the elites were reflect damage. And if they weren't reflect damage they had mortar. Probably a third of them had both. It's kind of crazy.

Join my conspiracy club of "Classes that are in the game raise the roll chance of certain affixes" bro. Im the only member atm but Im gonna make something of this!

new drop rate is making this game really addicting again. SO CLOSE to hitting the jackpot. I keep getting that One more run feeling every time now

79c4C.jpg

If that plague of toads bonus had been a socket....

scy

Join my conspiracy club of "Classes that are in the game raise the roll chance of certain affixes" bro. Im the only member atm but Im gonna make something of this!

I got 5 Missile Dampening packs last night.

On my Barb.

If that plague of toads bonus had been a socket....

Those bonuses need to be better :( Such a wasted opportunity currently.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Maybe a Gaffer will buy me some awesome gear, and in exchange I'll pose in some provocative pictures for them. I swear, I used to think having 3mil would be enough for me to get a SINGLE piece upgrade. Absolutely is not

- Would you guys be willing to look over my gear and see if there is anything I could possibly do to (cheaply, sub 3mil) upgrade it?

Cipherr

I swear, I used to think having 3mil would be enough for me to get a SINGLE piece upgrade. Absolutely is not

Yeah at one point it was not long ago. Thinking about my Barb Im working on, I had set out to spend 5m per piece for a set. I am currently budgeting around 30m per piece instead. The money is flowing in like water, but its worth so much less. What I couldnt have bought for 5-10m weeks ago is now costing twice that on the AH.

Feels bad man. Trying to keep up with the curve.

RkOwnage

Yeah at one point it was not long ago. Thinking about my Barb Im working on, I had set out to spend 5m per piece for a set. I am currently budgeting around 30m per piece instead. The money is flowing in like water, but its worth so much less. What I couldnt have bought for 5-10m weeks ago is now costing twice that on the AH.

Feels bad man. Trying to keep up with the curve.

How is your money flowing in? I've been stuck around 4 million gold for weeks now, nothing of mine is selling.

It's frustrating as all hell.

I dunno those seem a lot better than 'pretty good' If the last two affixes were Crit% and Crit Damage% instead of Magic Find and Health/Gold/Orb Pickup, those would be the perfect roll. I dont know how much it will go for, but it will go for a lot, thats for sure.

Yeah, then I would be using them myself. I'll try to get some real money out of these, but probaly wonät get much since EU RMAH is kinda dead.

balddemon

Banned
Maybe a Gaffer will buy me some awesome gear, and in exchange I'll pose in some provocative pictures for them. I swear, I used to think having 3mil would be enough for me to get a SINGLE piece upgrade. Absolutely is not

- Would you guys be willing to look over my gear and see if there is anything I could possibly do to (cheaply, sub 3mil) upgrade it?

what class are you so i know to keep those pieces i find.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm a bit surprised Thorns + Tank Barb didn't happen sooner, honestly.

Some potential in a Thorny Pet Doctor build, too. Is a WD passive that gives your pets the same Thorn value you have.

If only you were a tank WD ...

Not great for Tank WD, no mana regen on it since it isn't a ceremonial knife. We give up a 3rd of our potential mana regen by using a shield instead of a mojo. That leaves helmet and a ceremonial knife. A lot of people make the mistake of believing, "Hey, Vision Quest gives me 300% mana regen, I don't need any on my items." They find out that 300% of nothing is nothing. :)

Woo-Fu

Banned
There would be potential if they didn't die so quickly.

Gargantuan stays up awhile if you have good resists, jungle fortitude, and bad medicine. Mine tanks elites in Act II of Inferno. With Big Stinker I suspect he is proc'ing bad medicine on anything that gets in range, reducing their damage by 20% before they hit him, on top of the 20% from jungle fortitude, on top of my ~850 all resist.

I expect they'll get a bit better in 1.04.

Cipherr

How is your money flowing in? I've been stuck around 4 million gold for weeks now, nothing of mine is selling.

It's frustrating as all hell.

For me it has been Act 2. Doing solo runs where the mobs have very little HP and its extremely easy. I load up the Lord of Lies quest at the end of Act 2. I then port to town and run around all the deserts and the Oasis with my enchantress killing packs.

If you load that specific quest, Adria and Leah will come with you out to the fields and help you kill the elite packs. Leah shoots from ranged for about 1k damage a shot, and Adria shoots fireballs at enemies from ranged for about 4.8k a shot. Its free extra dps, and sometimes the mobs peel off onto them for some reason even though they cannot take damage and cannot die. It just makes it that much easier.

I just killed packs in the field with 5 stacks collecting great items to sell on the AH. I eventually made enough money to get my gear good enough to plow through the entire act. I just port around killing all the elites everywhere, then go into the Aquaducts and sewers and stuff killing the elites there also. After I have killed every elite in the Act (my runs are long, I only do like one a day lol) I go and kill Belial who is a cakewalk.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
which server? i may some stuff that i consider junk in my stash but if your gear is better than mine then i probably wont bother

NA server - Honestly, I'm not 100% on my gear, RD came into a game and gave me some advice, but I've had most of this gear for the last 3 weeks, unchanging. Maybe 3 pieces have changed since...

tuhl0.jpg

That's mostly the gear I have, mind you this was taken before the attack speed nerf. Have a newer axe and belt.

tn2007

I don't have a monk, so I figured I would ask the experts. I know the damage is low which sucks because I felt like I got a good roll on everything else.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't have a monk, so I figured I would ask the experts. I know the damage is low which sucks because I felt like I got a good roll on everything else.
I think monk fist weapons have lower damage in general so that isn't as bad as it looks. The other stats are great, I'd put it up for 10m with a 50m buyout. :) The leech roll is perfect, it has a socket and I think near perfect LPSS for a weapon, dex, and vitality.

ElyrionX

Ok, my battle.net balance is at $230 and I just sold two items that are still processing for a total of $28. What's going to happen when the items have processed and I'm supposed to receive the funds? Will one of the two trades be rejected, resulting in me receiving the item back from the RMAH? Or will I be informed of the need to spend the excess balance or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom