• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

LOH is hilariously overvalued at the moment I think. Im not sure why.... but if it has high LOH I would resell it and buy something better with the profits.

I bought an 815 DPS Axe with Life Steal and some STR for 500k. Lack of a socket makes me sad but, otherwise, not bad at all.

I enjoy LoH being inflated in value from a seller's perspective :x

Darkman M

LOH is hilariously overvalued at the moment I think. Im not sure why.... but if it has high LOH I would resell it and buy something better with the profits.

The dps is about the same as yours, it has over 600 loh and 200+str, and 62% crit damage increase, maybe i should try to flip it.

Anustart

Got to turn off that quick join option man. Farming was hell for me until I did that. Friends list folks would hop into my games all over the place.

Edit: More ilvl 60+ items being dumped into the game. Exquisite essence has tanked from 1940 per two days ago to 1360 right now. I mean goddamn.

Now I don't feel bad for selling a bunch at 1600 a pop in trade channel because I needed cash and my ah slots were full.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Weird OT-title choice.

I bought a similar weapon to that loh axe for just over a million in the first couple of weeks of the game. Crazy how much prices have shot up.

Prices are just all over the place. If you are patient, you can find things at an awesome price. The last few days I've checked the auction house a couple times a day and am slowly building up good gear for not much spent.

Dahbomb

Prices are going to fall again for anything that isn't top tier. Yesterday I got a 150 Str, 100 Vit, 55 All Res 2 socket pants with some extra stats on it too for good measure (which I filled with Perfect Square gems to boost the value) in an Act 1 run. I was like "sweet time to make 10 million+". Then I hit the AH and there are like a shit ton of similar items all ranging from 5 million to 30 million. There definitely were not nearly as many items of that caliber in that price range before.

As soon as the undercutting is going to start prices for items like these are going to drop dramatically. I am selling all my stash really fast and was glad to see that stuff is still selling.

Any suggestions for where my resistances should be around to have any hope of getting through Act 2 as a demon hunter on inferno?

Mine were pretty terrible, but after yesterday I think I've moved up to just bad. Curious what everyone else was around.

Tom Penny

Loh is weird im a monk and it more fun maybe dying a few more yimes but doing far more damage with crit/ crit chance. I have an amulet that got me to 1600 loh and it really didnt improve me. I figured i could just tank but i think u have to be over 2 hits per second

scy

Life on Hit isn't some saving grace stat. You need enough of it (or Life Steal%, Life Regen per Second) to sustain your HP with your level of mitigation. Just because you have a lot of Life on Hit doesn't necessarily mean you'll be successful, really.

Macmanus

So with the hotfix I decide to hop back in a farm a bit. Find a solid 1350+dps 2Her. Respec my barb for 2H. Turns out that's what I should have been doing all along. No more worrying about revenge to proc with my new build. No more worrying about LoH (You guys are right. Currently incredibly overvalued.)

This game became fun for me again. Farming is fun and rewarding. My character is fun. I'm no longer a tickle monster made of granite.

New hotfix treated me well today. I was thinking of buying a new weapon but now I don't have to.

WEP.jpg

Also these gloves are pretty good. Can I get a price check for these (for EU RMAH/GAH).

gloves.jpg

Tom Penny

Life on Hit isn't some saving grace stat. You need enough of it (or Life Steal%, Life Regen per Second) to sustain your HP with your level of mitigation. Just because you have a lot of Life on Hit doesn't necessarily mean you'll be successful, really.
Yeah i have more fun with like 600 loh and dramtically increasing my damage. Also i dont know the sweet spot for monk vitality buy it seems pointless to have it really high. Potions and healing mantras barely fill your health anyway

I feel like I have the shittiest luck on the AH. It's gotten to where I just put stuff up at the base sell price w/o any buyout because It's such a pain to look up pricing, which is always changing anyway.

Yesterday was my biggest haul ever; I sold 3-4 items for a grand total of about 600k, and immediately wasted 350k of that on a ring I thought would boost DPS, and it turns out it's not even as good as either ring I was already wearing! Turns out +17% crit damage and a bit of int > 4.5% crit chance. Live and learn.

I made my second ever sale on the RMAH last night, bringing my total proceeds up to $2.10.

What's more, I get fucked over when I try to progress in Act II, even with 21K dps, 40K hp, 5500 armor, 550 all resists on my wizard. I guess that's the price I pay for playing with skill builds I enjoy rather than a boring blizzard/hydra kiting build.

scy

No more worrying about revenge to proc with my new build. No more worrying about LoH (You guys are right. Currently incredibly overvalued.)

Revenge is great if you stack VIT. But, then again, so is Overpower > Revel and I think that's an overall better skill (fires faster, slightly longer range, offensively coolsdown vs defensive). And stacking VIT is the worst way to boost survivability anyway.

And Life on Hit value is mostly because people just know that Life Steal% is 20% effective in Inferno (honestly, 33% is reasonable if we're going to limit it to 3%/slot). For some reason, that is the only relevant part people pay attention to and ignore Life on Hit skill scaling and how much actual DPS you'll need for Life Steal% to be better than Life on Hit. Or even how much sustain you'll actually need in the first place.

Yesterday was my biggest haul ever; I sold 3-4 items for a grand total of about 600k, and immediately wasted 350k of that on a ring I thought would boost DPS, and it turns out it's not even as good as either ring I was already wearing! Turns out +17% crit damage and a bit of int > 4.5% crit chance. Live and learn.

The former may be better average damage per hit but if you're doing a Healing Blades/Critical Mass build, the latter is overall better long term damage and survivability.

I'm still pretty tanky in my spec but I've managed to up my dps loads by trading off some defence to stack crit chance\ damage. I couldn't get past the beginnning of act 3 before but yesterday I cleared act 3 with 5 stacks (except when I lost it on that bastard ghom) and am up to the silver spire on act 4. It's really made a huge difference.

The former may be better average damage per hit but if you're doing a Healing Blades/Critical Mass build, the latter is overall better long term damage and survivability.

Right. I'm not doing that build, per se, though I do happen to be using Healing Blades at the moment. The main combo I've been using the last few days is Energy Twister runed to cost 20 AP combined with Blood Weapon and 2.5% life steal on my wand. Then I pop time warp to boost damage done by 20% to up the life steal.

I was using the passive that applies a slow on arcane damage, but now I'm using Prodigy to give me 4 AP anytime I hit with Healing Blades, plus the one that ups your AP & AP regen, and Galvanizing Wind.

I've had disintegrate on my right-click because it can, like Energy Twister, damage a bunch of monsters at once (and is additional help with invulnerable minions packs and enemies that run or stay at range).

I'm going to swap that out for Ray of Frost with extended slow (or maybe Frost Nova), and I'm swapping out Time Warp for Mirror Skin.

scy

The main combo I've been using the last few days is Energy Twister runed to cost 20 AP combined with Blood Weapon and 2.5% life steal on my wand. Then I pop time warp to boost damage done by 20% to up the life steal.

I'd like to note that Blood Weapon's 1.5% Life Steal is almost an insult of a rune slot :|

I'd say to try the Critical Mass build option if you have a decent crit. It lets you get a lot more out of defensive options like Diamond Skin or Time Warp. Really helps out a lot, honestly.

jsrv

Anyone tied a paypal account with a different name (but same address) than what is used in their battle.net account and have no problems receiving money from diablo 3 RMAH?

Blizzard seems ban happy with information not 100% matching up, so I want to make sure before I try to sell anything

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Some people beat Diablo 3...

And Diablo 3 beat Yoshichan.
It really did beat the living shit out of me. While I was lying down. While I was lying down!

I am plowing through Act 2 no problem on my own. Weird. I tried twice yesterday with two full parties and we didn't stand a chance. Guess there are too many light weights out there.

Hoping as I get further in, it will be safe to open the game back up. Not as much fun on your own, but shitty mates can destroy your progress.

Yoshichan

Is it pushing your wheelchair now?
Diablo III will never hurt me anymore... I dropped it into the deepest of all seas.

gembel

need help guys.. DH just started Act I inferno.. getting owned a lot by reflective damage mobs.. i have around 18k hp, around 135 resists, 70k dmg with ss.. only 110k gold left.. what to do?!?!

I'd like to note that Blood Weapon's 1.5% Life Steal is almost an insult of a rune slot :|

As life steal goes, I don't think a Wizard can get any more than 3% total on gear, so another half that again seems justifiable.

I'd say to try the Critical Mass build option if you have a decent crit. It lets you get a lot more out of defensive options like Diamond Skin or Time Warp. Really helps out a lot, honestly.

That's actually the build I finished up Hell with. It's great and all, but my favorite thing about this game is the variety of skill builds you can play (at least as a wizard). I like to try different things pretty often.

RDreamer

need help guys.. DH just started Act I inferno.. getting owned a lot by reflective damage mobs.. i have around 18k hp, around 135 resists, 70k dmg with ss.. only 110k gold left.. what to do?!?!

Yikes. With that kind of defense and hp you're really only going to be able to shoot anything at all while using Smoke Screen. I guess take the rune that make sit last longer and also use the skill Shadow Power with Gloom. Until you get some resists, some life, and/or some life on hit you're going to have to be really careful when you're shooting.

garath

On paper I'm worse than you offensively (I guess, I don't use sharpshooter) but I haven't had that many difficulties. Been farming Act I pretty comfortably.

26k hp, ~170 resists, 17k dps.

Build maybe?

I use:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aPXVYT!age!acZbZZ

Once I see I'm getting reflect damage, I caltrops and unload cluster arrows while SS'ing. Mobs don't live very long with that focused damage. I don't have any attack speed and use a 980dps 2h xbow. Most of my damage is in the burst. Might be the difference.

I dunno, it just feels like they planned that one for before the Inferno scaling of Life Steal% and then just never revisited it.

Well maybe they'll buff it sometime, if that's the case. Then again, I don't think Life Steal ever goes over 3%, and I think the most anyone can get is a barb dual wielding 3% weapons and with 3% on a belt.

scy

Well maybe they'll buff it sometime, if that's the case. Then again, I don't think Life Steal ever goes over 3%, and I think the most anyone can get is a barb dual wielding 3% weapons and with 3% on a belt.

12% (3% Weapon x2, 3% Belt, 3% Passive). If we count short-term actives, +20% is an option.

Just feels like Blood Weapon should be closer to 5% for a rune option, really; 1.5% just seems rather small. I still use it, mind you, because the bonus healing is nice to have but it feels a little lacking.

Edit: Though, I suppose if Barbs only get a 3% Passive, asking for more than 3% feels a bit much ... :/

And I do say that as like the biggest supporter of Life Steal% over Life on Hit here :x

Those resists seem terrible. I could be wrong, but I thought mine were relatively low at 400ish. Maybe I'm better off than I thought.

Realyn

Not playing completly glass cannon. Sorry, but I don't know how this can be fun to you(not directed at the poster)guys. I've had more hp when I finished NM and prolly the same resists at Belial Hell. I'm talking about 2 weeks after launch when you weren't able to buy anything on the ah.

You want huge dmg to 1shot everything ... pay the price.

DSmalls84

Well decided to grab another 1 handed sword and try a dual wield build on my Barb:

40k HP
8k Armor, 800-900 Resist All buffed
17k damage with Nerves of Steel,Supersition, tough as Nails.
Life Regen/LOH/Leech around 1250-1300/sec ( I guess it would exceed that by a few hundred because of attack speed.)

Pros:
Combat feels a lot better with IAS
Makes Clearing Act 1 Faster

Cons:
You don't really realize how much damage a shield absorbs until you lose it!
Need LOH to survive and constantly regen health.
Whirlwind is no where near as awesome as it was in DII.

Still experimenting with it, but enjoying it so far.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I vendor 2h crossbow if it isn't 1000+, pretty much a waste of an auction slot. There are some exceptions when it comes to perfect stat combos, but not by much, DPS is king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom