• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

I don't have a monk, so I figured I would ask the experts. I know the damage is low which sucks because I felt like I got a good roll on everything else.

For those rolls that damage is not low. If you search for 90 dex, life per spirit spent, and a socket yours is the 12th highest damage on the entire AH. I can find only one in the first few pages with that amount of LPSS. A lot of those don't have vit (though some do). A quick assessment says it's worth somewhere between 4 million and 15 million. Hard to tell, since some of the higher ones don't compare as well, and they've been on there a while.

And now I really want to buy a weapon like that.... Maybe I can scrounge up that much to offer it to you lol.

Cipherr

For those rolls that damage is not low. If you search for 90 dex, life per spirit spent, and a socket yours is the 12th highest damage on the entire AH.

Yeah I think items have sort of a budget. Like, if it gets 850 LOH and a socket plus 100 STR, theres not enough left in the budget for it to roll as an 1100 dps weapon also.

At least thats how I think it works. So a weapon with 3% lifesteal, high LpSS, a socket, Dex and Vit can't roll with DPS that much higher than your weapon did Fender.

Someone feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

My account just got suspended wtf. I was browsing the AH and suddenly I got this error saying my acc got suspended. I had 4 auctions on the gold AH and they got canceled as well. Wtf is going on? I've never used third-party programs or anything (seriously). I've made around $250 from the RMAH. I bought 2 items within the past hour, a $30 pair of gloves and a $3.50 quiver. I used my Paypal balance from previous sales. I've done this many times with no issues.

The only thing I can think of is the date on my PC was 6/28/2012 for some reason and I just changed it to 6/29/2012 like 10-15 mins ago. One of my family members must have changed it. I wasn't trying to cancel auctions with that trick, just fixed the date. This is fucked up

bbE9V.jpg

Artanisix

My account just got suspended wtf. I was browsing the AH and suddenly I got this error saying my acc got suspended. I had 4 auctions on the gold AH and they got canceled as well. Wtf is going on? I've never used third-party programs or anything (seriously). I've made around $250 from the RMAH. I bought 2 items within the past hour, a $30 pair of gloves and a $3.50 quiver. I used my Paypal balance from previous sales. I've done this many times with no issues.

The only thing I can think of is the date on my PC was 6/28/2012 for some reason and I just changed it to 6/29/2012 like 10-15 mins ago. One of my family members must have changed it. I wasn't trying to cancel auctions with that trick, just fixed the date. This is fucked up

get violated

check your email and tell us what it says

HenryHSH

Ok, my battle.net balance is at $230 and I just sold two items that are still processing for a total of $28. What's going to happen when the items have processed and I'm supposed to receive the funds? Will one of the two trades be rejected, resulting in me receiving the item back from the RMAH? Or will I be informed of the need to spend the excess balance or something?

If you're worried about the $250 limit then don't. It's only a buyout limit, you can even receive more if you set a bid at 250 with no buyout.

get violated

check your email and tell us what it says

The only e-mails I got were for 2 of the auctions that it canceled, both the same copy/paste:

Greetings,

Account Name:
BattleTag:

An auction associated with this Diablo III account has encountered an issue and has been cancelled for the protection of the parties involved. While we strive to minimize any auction cancellations and regret the inconvenience involved, keeping the auction house safe and secure is something we take very seriously. Any funds used to participate in this auction will be returned to the buyer, and the item will be returned to the seller in the Diablo III auction house “Completed” tab.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Please feel free to post/bid on the item again and otherwise continue to use the Diablo III auction house as you would normally.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo III Customer Support
http://battle.net/support

To stop receiving Diablo III Auction House emails, click here.

x3r0123

NA server - Honestly, I'm not 100% on my gear, RD came into a game and gave me some advice, but I've had most of this gear for the last 3 weeks, unchanging. Maybe 3 pieces have changed since...

http://i.imgur.com/tuhl0.jpg[IMG]

That's mostly the gear I have, mind you this was taken before the attack speed nerf. Have a newer axe and belt.[/QUOTE]

well my junk isnt as good as your gear but i'll keep in mind next time

dwebo

If you're worried about the $250 limit then don't. It's only a buyout limit, you can even receive more if you set a bid at 250 with no buyout.

I think he's talking about the blizzbucks limit, not per item. In any case, it'll just go over $250 and it won't let him send any more auctions to blizzbucks.

ie. time to set up a paypal

12% (3% Weapon x2, 3% Belt, 3% Passive). If we count short-term actives, +20% is an option.

Just feels like Blood Weapon should be closer to 5% for a rune option, really; 1.5% just seems rather small. I still use it, mind you, because the bonus healing is nice to have but it feels a little lacking.

Edit: Though, I suppose if Barbs only get a 3% Passive, asking for more than 3% feels a bit much ... :/

And I do say that as like the biggest supporter of Life Steal% over Life on Hit here :x

I dont think going full Life Steal and 0 LoH is practical unless you have a ton of money to spend. You still need a lot of mitigation and HP to be able to survive in act 3, and getting high dps in addition to all that is really expensive.

Try going into Icefall Caverns amd fighting a group of those elite bulls that charge you for a great example of why you should try to stack both, but if you can pick only 1 to stack in high quantities, i think it should be LoH

HenryHSH

I think he's talking about the blizzbucks limit, not per item. In any case, it'll just go over $250 and it won't let him send any more auctions to blizzbucks.

ie. time to set up a paypal

Oh I see. That explains the people I've seen with well over $250 in their bnet wallet. I thought the limit was increased/removed.

I dont think going full Life Steal and 0 LoH is practical unless you have a ton of money to spend. You still need a lot of mitigation and HP to be able to survive in act 3, and getting high dps in addition to all that is really expensive.

Try going into Icefall Caverns amd fighting a group of those elite bulls that charge you for a great example of why you should try to stack both, but if you can pick only 1 to stack in high quantities, i think it should be LoH

I agree it's good to have both if possible, but keep in mind that for a wizard LoH doesn't return near as much as it does for a barb or monk, due to how little of a % is applied to our skills.

Plus, we tend to spend a lot of time running/kiting/repositioning, in which LoH basically doesn't apply, but Regen does.

I agree it's good to have both if possible, but keep in mind that for a wizard LoH doesn't return near as much as it does for a barb or monk, due to how little of a % is applied to our skills.

Plus, we tend to spend a lot of time running/kiting/repositioning, in which LoH basically doesn't apply, but Regen does.

Yea i was only talking about barb. DH and Wiz i imgine would want to prioritize Life Steal since their dps is naturally higher and they get fewer hits in. Barbs have naturally lower dps but get more hits in

Sigmaah

I'm gonna cry guys, I woke up today to find out I sold a ring for 3 mill gold, and a few pages back I asked about a chest armor that I guess wasn't good but sold for 850K, NOW I AM RICH!!!! (well, maybe not entirely rich) Now I can finally get really good gear, but I'm gonna keep farming and gonna get my gold up and then buy some good shit. SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!

scy

And I'd say that getting high DPS with Life on Hit is more expensive. Unless you're advocating a low DPS with Life on Hit setup. Which is probably still around the same cost anyway. Life Steal is all of two slots (three if you actually do go Dual Wield, which I wouldn't necessarily recommend) to differentiate from any other good STR/Armor/Resist pieces.

It also largely depends on the build. My Barb gets practically no returns from Life on Hit and the DPS needed for my 5% Life Steal to be better than Life on Hit is a lot lower than people think (~35k buffed with Maniac and Battle Rage is comparable for Frenzy, vastly better for Overpower/Whirlwind).

Using those bulls is cheating :( That spike damage is ridiculous period! :x

Edit: Though, I'm not really sure how it's relevant for Life on Hit vs Life Steal% here. They offer no mitigation to reduce LS% effectiveness, just high output. If I can return more HP per second with Life Steal% elsewhere, the same is true here.

I ran into those elite bulls in there last night, nasty stuff. Didn't take me long to decide to bail out.

RDreamer

I ran into those elite bulls in there last night, nasty stuff. Didn't take me long to decide to bail out.

The bulls are alright for my monk. I can dodge or Blind Flash them into not charging, then usually stun lock them till they're dead. It's those mallet lords in Act 4 that hit like a 10 ton bag of bricks dropped from a skyscraper. I've finally managed to get it so they only take off like half my health each time, but the first time I ran into them they'd wail me down to like 20% of my health. And I swear it's undodgeable. I'd always make sure the double mantra was up and I was using lightning flash right before they hit and I don't seem to ever dodge. I usually try and blind flash them or something, too, but they've got a lot of life and this is just their regular attack, unlike the charge from the bulls.

Huh. That's pretty scary.

Blizzard keeps on delivering.
KuGsj.gif

The people in the thread are saying they've been trying to call for days but nobody answers and they submitted ticket 48+ hours ago and nothing there either. I'm not even sure what to do. I submitted a ticket, probably won't get a reply for a week. Another thing that's funny is one guy in the thread actually did get his account unlocked within 24 hours of submitting his ticket and then:

New Update, so i got my account back today and tried to use the auction house again thinking this problem was resolved and sure enough i was banned again, lol what a joke. So ive submited another ticket and awaiting a response, probly have to wait another 24 hours.Never have i had an issue with anything regarding paypal, tried the phone number again only get to the robot saying que was full. I was told to check to see if everything was current on my paypal account and it is and was told to make sure i was ordering from within the US and useing US currency which i am. -_-
is this real life

The people in the thread are saying they've been trying to call for days but nobody answers and they submitted ticket 48+ hours ago and nothing there either. I'm not even sure what to do. I submitted a ticket, probably won't get a reply for a week. Another thing that's funny is one guy in the thread actually did get his account unlocked within 24 hours of submitting his ticket and then:

is this real life

I've made well over $1500 on the RMAH but I've yet to buy a single item for this reason. Too many horror stories revolving around purchasing items, regardless of if its battle net balance or paypal. :(

Cipherr

Hah, RMAH is such a clusterfuck. Now people are getting banned for buying stuff? Hilarious, and Im glad I didnt bother except to sell some items the first few days or so. I bought stuff with the blizzbucks and my balance is down to like $2 and I have no plans to bother with it anymore.

Its dead compared to the GAH and Im happy for it.

The bulls are alright for my monk. I can dodge or Blind Flash them into not charging, then usually stun lock them till they're dead. It's those mallet lords in Act 4 that hit like a 10 ton bag of bricks dropped from a skyscraper. I've finally managed to get it so they only take off like half my health each time, but the first time I ran into them they'd wail me down to like 20% of my health. And I swear it's undodgeable. I'd always make sure the double mantra was up and I was using lightning flash right before they hit and I don't seem to ever dodge. I usually try and blind flash them or something, too, but they've got a lot of life and this is just their regular attack, unlike the charge from the bulls.

It was basically them juggling me around with huge hits while I managed defensive cooldowns struggling to get a hit or two in. Completely futile at least until I get better gear or a suitable skillset. Just got to the bit where I'm going to be encountering those mallet lords. If they're worse than the bulls then yikes.

I was plowing through Act 2 no problem, until Kulle's blood. Feels like the difficulty just ramped up a good amount. Still going, but a lot slower and having to just run from some mobs.

GJS

You aren't really supposed to take hits from the mallet lords, they are a wind up mob so you just run behind them every time they try to attack.

RDreamer

You aren't really supposed to take hits from the mallet lords, they are a wind up mob so you just run behind them every time they try to attack.

The mechanics in this game are really weird, considering there are a lot of instances where if you move after you get the signal of an attack, you'll still get hit. There was a conversation about this the other day, and the devs themselves even said they didn't want you to be able to try and run away from attacks like that. And yet you're supposed to here? Weird.

GJS

The mechanics in this game are really weird, considering there are a lot of instances where if you move after you get the signal of an attack, you'll still get hit. There was a conversation about this the other day, and the devs themselves even said they didn't want you to be able to try and run away from attacks like that. And yet you're supposed to here? Weird.

They are a big mob with a single very large wind-up attack, there will always be some like that, they just didn't want the whole game to be avoidable like that.

scy

They didn't want you to avoid all the small swings by dancing around enemies, more or less. It also makes skills that ignore collision detection (e.g., Whirlwind) kind of a pain to balance.

The attacks with the huge windup are very much manually avoidable.

RDreamer

They didn't want you to avoid all the small swings by dancing around enemies, more or less. It also makes skills that ignore collision detection (e.g., Whirlwind) kind of a pain to balance.

The attacks with the huge windup are very much manually avoidable.

That's odd, because those guys with the big mallets in Act 1 (the guys that are always the elites in Wortham) don't seem to be avoidable like that. I used to try and run away from them (when I was weak as hell) and they'd always hit me from like 5 yards away no matter how early I ran. I suppose I may not have ever tried being behind them, though.

Cipherr

That's odd, because those guys with the big mallets in Act 1 (the guys that are always the elites in Wortham) don't seem to be avoidable like that. I used to try and run away from them (when I was weak as hell) and they'd always hit me from like 5 yards away no matter how early I ran. I suppose I may not have ever tried being behind them, though.

Yep, some of the wind up mobs also will twirl with you if you try and circle out of the path of their big swings. No matter how fast you circle them they lock on to you, spin like a goddamned top, and hit you anyway.

Thoraxes

I wouldn't blame it on the hotfixes, I've had no problem selling stuff. Sold ~8 items yesterday evening, woke up with another 5 sold.

I'm talking about the RMAH though. My gold stuff is still fine. If you're talking about it too, then maybe I need to get back to grindan.

LordCanti

I bought something last night and it hung there for like an hour "pending". I had no idea I was so close to death.

This is completely normal. The process of clearing sales takes about 24 hours on average, in my experience.

I've yet to have a problem selling stuff, but I've never tried to buy anything.

Well...not anything from the RMAH anyway. Daddy needed new brogues.

HenryHSH

is this real life

That's pretty fucked up. :\

zou

Fucking pathetic...

I understand that you have not had the gold hit your auction house completed tab yet (one thing that has worked for me in the past is switching to RMAH and then back to the Gold tab). It sometimes refreshes the tab and allows my gold to come through.

At the moment the Game Master Staff is not able to restore gold or items lost in the auction house. It’s not even a limitation of desire but the fact that we don’t have that functionality built into our tools for the exact reason that Diablo III is not the same genre and it won’t be supported like World of Warcraft.

Keep an eye out on your completed tab though - and on our patch notes for any notifcations for this issue as others are experiencing it, including myself.

Perhaps this is a sign telling me to finally put down the mouse and start being productive, start working out consistently, start making new friends... start my life. Thank you, Error 53, you have shown me the way.

scy

I'm pretty sure I dodge the overhead hit of the Berserkers all the time on my Barb. Maybe I'm going crazy :x

LordCanti

Perhaps this is a sign telling me to finally put down the mouse and start being productive, start working out consistently, start making new friends... start my life. Thank you, Error 53, you have shown me the way.

You're going to have to change your name to Light after this.

I'm now paranoid about the $20 or so that is still processing.

I'm pretty sure I dodge the overhead hit of the Berserkers all the time on my Barb. Maybe I'm going crazy :x

I'm pretty sure I dodge Khazra traps...nope.

balddemon

Banned

you can knockback the smaller ones too, which if you attack fast enough they are in perpetual knockback. or you can use revenge or charge or w/e to knock them back. big ones you can only dodge tho.

knock is such a funny word

Pungza

Did a run of heart of damned inferno with 5 stacks, killed most elites, a goblin and spider queen and azmodan. Junk through out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom