• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are bad guys stronger with a follower? I haven't gotten any new equipment, but just did an Act 1 run without a follower for the first time and felt way stronger.

Sigmaah

After getting 3.5 mill gold, I cant help but want more, I NEED TO FARM AND GET GOOD GEAR AND SELL THEM SHITS, I'm gonna lose it if I don't soon...

Sad thing is, I can't farm by myself cause my DH always dies, ALWAYS. This is torture...

After getting 3.5 mill gold, I cant help but want more, I NEED TO FARM AND GET GOOD GEAR AND SELL THEM SHITS, I'm gonna lose it if I don't soon...

Sad thing is, I can't farm by myself cause my DH always dies, ALWAYS. This is torture...

I've been slowly getting Vitality and Resist All on every piece of armor. I can get through Act 1 Inferno no problem solo and Act 2 pretty easily. Three is destorying me, but I'm getting there equipment wise.

eek5

If you're worried about the $250 limit then don't. It's only a buyout limit, you can even receive more if you set a bid at 250 with no buyout.

This isn't true but a lot of people seem to think it is. You can't bid over $250 even if you have more than $250 in blizzbucks.

You can't list buyouts that will push your balance over $250 but if you manage to list multiple buyouts that wont' exceed 250 (i.e. you're at 200 and you sell 3 items for 50 each) it'll let you accumulate more than $250.

Here is an example of terrible planning by a seller or great thinking by a buyer:

ANQC6.jpg

The minimum bid is over $250 so nobody could outbid the buyer. You can see a ton of godly items with no b/o at $250 too; it's obvious nobody can bid over that amount.

Are bad guys stronger with a follower? I haven't gotten any new equipment, but just did an Act 1 run without a follower for the first time and felt way stronger.

No, enemies don't scale at all with a follower although some champions (vampiric) can be a pain in the ass if they start leeching from your follower's HP pool (even when they are downed)

Sigmaah

I've been slowly getting Vitality and Resist All on every piece of armor. I can get through Act 1 Inferno no problem solo and Act 2 pretty easily. Three is destorying me, but I'm getting there equipment wise.

Wanna help me on what gear I need to survive act 1 no problem? I have 3.3 mill to spend! I know you said Vit and Res but I also wanna keep Dex too, mind telling me your battle tag? I'll be able to see your gear and LEARN THE WAYS!

Mystery

I'm stumped. That looks like Act 4-esque gear. Actually I saw a witch doctor in Act 4 with way worse gear than that. I mean if you were a melee class I'd say get more resists, but hell that looks really high for a witch doctor. Your life should be fine. Your dps is pretty awesome. I really don't know what to say besides maybe it's your build?

My Witch Doctor is sitting in Act 2, mostly because I haven't paid attention to him much, but if you're having a hard time with that stuff I'm not sure I'll be touching him for a while since I can't afford that kind of stuff for another character.

Thanks for the reply. My build is kind of funky, because in order to get through Act II, I had to find something different than Vision Quest/Bears. I was using Grasp of the Dead, Wall of Zombies, Spirit Barrage, Big Bad Voodoo, Spirit Walk, and Darts. Basically, I'd run mobs through a choke, Grasp, Wall, then unload darts into their faces. I wasn't sure if Bears would work in Act III, but maybe I can try going back to that build.

I'm finding in Act III that I run out of mana pretty quickly, and even though Witch Doctor is supposed to have great Crowd Control, most of my spells end up being on cooldown, and I get trucked by trash mobs when trying to kite champion packs.

There's always just the possibility that I suck at this game, though.

HenryHSH

This isn't true but a lot of people seem to think it is. You can't bid over $250 even if you have more than $250 in blizzbucks.

You can't list buyouts that will push your balance over $250 but if you manage to list multiple buyouts that wont' exceed 250 (i.e. you're at 200 and you sell 3 items for 50 each) it'll let you accumulate more than $250.

Here is an example of terrible planning by a seller or great thinking by a buyer:

ANQC6.jpg

The minimum bid is over $250 so nobody could outbid the buyer. You can see a ton of godly items with no b/o at $250 too; it's obvious nobody can bid over that amount.

Very interesting, thanks for the info!

--

Also, Thanks to DSsmalls for TL.

Dahbomb

You need better gear brah. If you want to farm better items then you need better items so you can farm faster. Better start using up that gold, with it you can easily steam roll through Act 1.

RDreamer

Wanna help me on what gear I need to survive act 1 no problem? I have 3.3 mill to spend!

Grab resists wherever you can. As someone else said, cloaks get resists a bit less than regular armor, so if you're using one (and you should be for the discipline) and it doesn't have all resists make sure your other pieces make up for that. Personally, I found a 2 socketed cloak with 9 discipline and 50 all resists and ~70 innate dex for like 200k, so you could do that too. Get enough VIT so you have somewhere around 25-30,000 life. Other than that just have dex and crit chance and damage wherever you can.

The biggest problem for DHs I've seen has been stuff like Reflect Damage elites. Grab a cheaper bow with life on hit (I got a crossbow with about 850 damage and almost 900 life on hit). You'll take a hit on damage when you fight those mobs, but you'll survive.

Other than that, a lot of DH survival is all in build and play style. Smoke screen is your main survival tool. If you're still getting killed a lot, make sure you have the tactical advantage passive. Preparation with backup plan makes sure you can keep smoke screening whenever you need to. And make sure your cloak and your quiver give at least 8 or so discipline each.

RDreamer

Thanks for the reply. My build is kind of funky, because in order to get through Act II, I had to find something different than Vision Quest/Bears. I was using Grasp of the Dead, Wall of Zombies, Spirit Barrage, Big Bad Voodoo, Spirit Walk, and Darts. Basically, I'd run mobs through a choke, Grasp, Wall, then unload darts into their faces. I wasn't sure if Bears would work in Act III, but maybe I can try going back to that build.

I'm finding in Act III that I run out of mana pretty quickly, and even though Witch Doctor is supposed to have great Crowd Control, most of my spells end up being on cooldown, and I get trucked by trash mobs when trying to kite champion packs.

There's always just the possibility that I suck at this game, though.

Yeah I was running bears for a while, and it helped me steam roll through act 1 and a phenomenal pace. But in Act 2 that's dangerous, so I started retooling my build the other day. I modeled it after what I saw Kripp doing with his WD in Act 3 inferno, even though he had awful equipment. It's a more damage over time type build.

This is the build I came up with. And, honestly it kind of worked despite my very sub par equipment. Wonder if something like that would work with yours. Basically you use swarm, grasp and haunt all right off the bat, then you get the hell away. If you have extra mana make it rain acid. Otherwise if you don't or if you only have one enemy left, darts. I wasn't having any problem with mana at all, since I have a 14 regen weapon and 9 regen mojo.

Anyone with a glass canon character can kill Belial BEFORE he uses his breath attack on inferno? As a barb I can't dodge or absorb the breath attack since 1.0.3 and thus can't get that achievement :x
If you can help me, I offer 200k gold! (I'm in EU)

Wanna help me on what gear I need to survive act 1 no problem? I have 3.3 mill to spend! I know you said Vit and Res but I also wanna keep Dex too, mind telling me your battle tag? I'll be able to see your gear and LEARN THE WAYS!

What I currently have. Still a work in progress, but it's slow going now. Most things have like 2/3 stats I want, so it sucks having to buy new gear for one new stat. I need more Vitality and Resist All, but this got me through the first two acts.

http://i.imgur.com/HgLkf.jpg

eek5

Anyone with a glass canon character can kill Belial BEFORE he uses his breath attack on inferno? As a barb I can't dodge or absorb the breath attack since 1.0.3 and thus can't get that achievement :x
If you can help me, I offer 200k gold! (I'm in EU)

I can kill him before breath on my barb. I don't know how much damage you have but try this:

Battle rage/marauder (30% dmg)
Frenzy/maniac (extra dmg per stack)
Call of Ancients (20s rune)
Earthquake (105s cd/no frenzy cost)
WotB/insanity (+100% dmg)
Berserker Rage passive (+25% dmg @ full fury)

in phase 3 build up 5 stack frenzy with battle rage up and hit WotB. build fury to 100% then hit earthquake first then CoA

I can kill him before breath on my barb. I don't know how much damage you have but try this:

Battle rage/marauder (30% dmg)
Frenzy/maniac (extra dmg per stack)
Call of Ancients (20s rune)
Earthquake (105s cd/no frenzy cost)
WotB/insanity (+100% dmg)
Berserker Rage passive (+25% dmg @ full fury)

in phase 3 build up 5 stack frenzy with battle rage up and hit WotB. build fury to 100% then hit earthquake first then CoA

I'm at ~21k DPS without WotB active, 56k when active. Can you just tell me if it's what you had, of it's not enough yet? Thanks for the setup in any case!

eek5

I'm at ~21k DPS without WotB active, 56k when active. Can you just tell me if it's what you had, of it's not enough yet? Thanks for the setup in any case!

I did it without maniac and berserker rage passive (+20%, +25%) but at ~30k dps without WotB. I think it should maybe be doable for you. If not, try getting a cheap 2H w/ strength on it and just blasting him with the same set-up.

mlaz14

So what do I need or am I basically ready for act 2? I tried it once and first pack ran into some Fallen grunts with fast, vortex, molten, plague and got destroyed with pretty much the same gear. I know I need discipline on the chest and higher crit chance overall or I can't really drop SS for tactical advantage. Probably need more resists but how much should I try and get? Stats are unbuffed. DPS with SS is 107K.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So, Zoltun Kulle took me at least 25 attempts to finally beat him, and I killed Belial on my first attempt. I was wearing the exact same gear for both fights... sigh

balddemon

Banned
So, Zoltun Kulle took me at least 25 attempts to finally beat him, and I killed Belial on my first attempt. I was wearing the exact same gear for both fights... sigh

i found that once ZKs summons are down, the fight becomes infinitely easier and i can switch out my shield for another sword

eek5

i found that once ZKs summons are down, the fight becomes infinitely easier and i can switch out my shield for another sword

Because he TPs to you when you're too far, you can try just running opposite side of the adds and have him TP to your side and fight him 1v1 too

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Well, I'm a witch doctor. I couldn't kill him fast enough with my gear, my dps is 17k. I guess my spec was wrong for the fight. =p

rbanke

Would anyone mind giving me some ideas on where I should be spending my money on gear for my Wizard? Act 2 inferno is pretty hard and most elites are destroying me. I've been trying to find (in ah) decent gear, but I must be doing it wrong as everything I find that seems (to me) only marginally better is super expensive for only minor differences. Also, I'm hesitant on buying a new weapon because I think I need to get life on hit in addition to int & crit dmg, but I don't wanna waste my money on crap.

I'm guessing:

-high dps with less crit dmg (my weapons stats equal about a 800 dps weapon without any stats)
-all resistance on the few items that dont have it
-more crit% & crit dmg%
-some extra vit & int where i can find it

like I said, I don't want to blow what little money I have on stuff that isn't what I really need.

HenryHSH

Lol at people trying to scam by closing trade window. It's even funnier when the guy tried it for the 8th time and kept asking me what my asking price was. Get creative kids. Back in my days, we used to work hard on scams.

balddemon

Banned
Kinitari, I might have some boots that you would be interested in.

edit: maybe not. they are 89 dex, 75 vit, 37 cold resist, 159 life regen, 11% MF, and 12% movement speed

Trickster

Lol at people trying to scam by closing trade window. It's even funnier when the guy tried it for the 8th time and kept asking me what my asking price was. Get creative kids. Back in my days, we used to work hard on scams.

Explain the scam to me, cant really figure out what kinda scam people can do by closing the trade window

Sigmaah

You need better gear brah. If you want to farm better items then you need better items so you can farm faster. Better start using up that gold, with it you can easily steam roll through Act 1.

Sounds good, do i even worry about MF with getting New Gear? or just focus on my main stats for a DH?

Grab resists wherever you can. As someone else said, cloaks get resists a bit less than regular armor, so if you're using one (and you should be for the discipline) and it doesn't have all resists make sure your other pieces make up for that. Personally, I found a 2 socketed cloak with 9 discipline and 50 all resists and ~70 innate dex for like 200k, so you could do that too. Get enough VIT so you have somewhere around 25-30,000 life. Other than that just have dex and crit chance and damage wherever you can.

The biggest problem for DHs I've seen has been stuff like Reflect Damage elites. Grab a cheaper bow with life on hit (I got a crossbow with about 850 damage and almost 900 life on hit). You'll take a hit on damage when you fight those mobs, but you'll survive.

Other than that, a lot of DH survival is all in build and play style. Smoke screen is your main survival tool. If you're still getting killed a lot, make sure you have the tactical advantage passive. Preparation with backup plan makes sure you can keep smoke screening whenever you need to. And make sure your cloak and your quiver give at least 8 or so discipline each.

Alright, ill get to finding gear like that asap, Thanks a ton for the write up bro <3

What I currently have. Still a work in progress, but it's slow going now. Most things have like 2/3 stats I want, so it sucks having to buy new gear for one new stat. I need more Vitality and Resist All, but this got me through the first two acts.

http://i.imgur.com/HgLkf.jpg

Nice ass stuff you got, the only thing im afraid of is buying stuff that I think seems good and even after I check with what I have equipped, it turns out to be shittier lol.

LordCanti

Keep canceling hoping they are dragging item to window instead of right clicking

The old scam was that they'd enable a script that clicked their item/gold/whatever out of the window really quickly so that they'd get an item for free.

I definitely had both scams tried on me though (unsuccessfully).

My favorite scam is the bait and switch scam, where they advertise one thing, and try to sell you another. For instance, I went to buy a Dex Andariel's Visage last month, and the guy tried to sell me a STR one (which is worth nothing). "Oh, my bad bro". No, not your bad "bro", you're reported on the scammer forums so that hopefully no one will trade with you ever again :p

Nice ass stuff you got, the only thing im afraid of is buying stuff that I think seems good and even after I check with what I have equipped, it turns out to be shittier lol.

I feel like I've been playing non stop the last few days to get here. The first day or so I was kind of buying blindly. I finally took out a piece of paper and wrote down every item and what needs to be better on it. Slowly getting there. Check the auction house a few times a day, you'll eventually find shit for a decent price and slowly build up.

Still hoping to find an item worth 50 million some day. Then I'll be set.

Radec

Man, using 2h on a Monk feels so depressing. Slow as fuck.

5 more levels before I can use dual handlers with decent damage and LoH :/

I love taking crap i crafted that would only sell for 200k-300k, so not worth wasting an AH slot on but you feel guilty salvaging, and throwing it up on the RMAH for $5. Sold 7 items in the past 18 hours this way for $5 each. Thats like $25 / million

I love taking crap i crafted that would only sell for 200k-300k, so not worth wasting an AH slot on but you feel guilty salvaging, and throwing it up on the RMAH for $5. Sold 7 items in the past 18 hours this way for $5 each. Thats like $25 / million

I sold two things the first day I put shit up. Haven't been able to sell anythign since. Have 10 things about to end that all seem pretty okay, put them all up for 1.25, not one sold. You are fucking lucky.

LordCanti

My small joy is when you list something for the third or fourth time (for the same price) and it finally sells, vindicating the price you had chosen.

This just went for $30 after at least four listings. It had no bids until the very last second, at which point I think two or three people had a bidding war with each other (minimum was like $10).

MYnZX.jpg

I'm down to my last item I need to sell through the RMAH. It's been a long road :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom