• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

I've literally never seen a 1k+ DPS weapon drop before so i'm actually bewildered.

Thanks both of you. Also, any idea what the Gold > RMAH conversion rates are?

Almost 1200 DPS Xbow's don't sell for the $5 people list them at. Maybe someone would see the dex and think it's a better buy than something with 200 more DPS, but all things being equal, you wouldn't get more than a dollar or two for it.

Sigmaah

LOL....no. Main stats + All Res + Crit damage + 10 Disc on the 2 items that can get them + IAS.

Yes Sir!

anyone wanna tell me how to get a pic of all my gear like some of you do? it'd help a lot so then you guys could tell me what I need or need better on my gear!

Thoraxes

Almost 1200 DPS Xbow's don't sell for the $5 people list them at. Maybe someone would see the dex and think it's a better buy than something with 200 more DPS, but all things being equal, you wouldn't get more than a dollar or two for it.

Eh, i'll throw it up for a couple bucks (bid) then.

Yes Sir!

anyone wanna tell me how to get a pic of all my gear like some of you do? it'd help a lot so then you guys could tell me what I need or need better on my gear!

I just use Fraps and take a bunch of pictures and do some good old copy and pasting. If there's a better way, I'd love to know it.

Link.

You'll want to change the take picture button 'cause the default brings up stats in diablo, so it's a pain in the ass. I use F12.

LordCanti

Eh, i'll throw it up for a couple bucks (bid) then.

If it makes you feel any better, it's easily 200 DPS more than any crossbow I've ever had drop for me as a DH. Feels badman.

I just use Fraps and take a bunch of pictures and do some good old copy and pasting. If there's a better way, I'd love to know it.

Link.

You'll want to change the take picture button 'cause the default brings up stats in diablo, so it's a pain in the ass. I use F12.

Diablo 3 has built in screenshot functionality. The default key can be found/changed in the key bindings section of the options (I think it's print screen by default). The images show up in documents/diablo III/screenshots

It's crazy, it really is. I've had worse items sell for more too. It's just so unpredictable sometimes.

I thank you for your advice.

Every time a shitty ring or a pair of boots sells for $5-$10, I weep for humanity :p

Rufus

The game has a built in screenshot function, just press print screen. No need to use Fraps. The shots are stored in Documents\Diablo III\screenshots.

The game has a built in screenshot function, just press print screen. No need to use Fraps. The shots are stored in Documents\Diablo III\screenshots.

Diablo 3 has built in screenshot functionality. The default key can be found/changed in the key bindings section of the options (I think it's print screen by default). The images show up in documents/diablo III/screenshots

That's handy, thanks. I've always just tried using the print screen button and pasting it into paint. Doesn't work (take picture of my desktop), so just used Fraps.

Thoraxes

That's handy, thanks. I've always just tried using the print screen button and pasting it into paint. Doesn't work (take picture of my desktop), so just used Fraps.

You don't need to paste it into paint. It (the generated screenshot) goes to the "Diablo III" folder under your "My Documents".

Edit: wow i'm late.

LordCanti

Any examples of said shitty rings? I swear you guys are pulling my leg because they ain't selling. :(

This sold for $10. It has Int (or STR/DEX), It has Vit/Life, but other than that, the only thing it really has is 3% crit. I could understand paying for a ring that was crit chance + crit damage, but just crit chance? Why?

hLwME.jpg

its ok :) i've gotten 36-46 in 4 paid runs (45k each) at like 12 mins per run lol

That's pretty cheap. I should pay someone to level me some alts (all I have is my DH and 9 mules).

dwebo

This sold for $10. It has Int, It has Vit/Life, but other than that, the only thing it really has is 3% crit. I could understand paying for a ring that was crit chance + crit damage, but just crit? Why?

hLwME.jpg

people see 7 stats and their brains overload. I sold an unremarkable 7-stat ring for $10 earlier too. that seems to be the sweet spot for rings/ammys

This sold for $10. It has Int (or STR/DEX), It has Vit/Life, but other than that, the only thing it really has is 3% crit. I could understand paying for a ring that was crit chance + crit damage, but just crit chance? Why?

hLwME.jpg

That's pretty cheap. I should pay someone to level me some alts (all I have is my DH and 9 mules).

Well, it's pretty easy to justify spending $10 on something. I mean that's a lunch for most people. Not a huge deal. I think the future of the RMAH is basically small transactions. Even something shitty, if it's better than what you currently have on, it's pretty easy to spend $5 here, $10 there.

Well I am done with this game until something drastic happens. It is simply not fun the way the way the first two were. It feels really, really, really soulless. I could care less about making more gold, upgrading any gear pieces, or just gear hunting in general. Spending hours farming in hopes for the occasional item to sell on the RMAH for a few bucks has run its course for me as well. No one on my friends list plays anymore either, and just in general the game is already starting to feel dead and stale only a month after release. Outside of some drastic changes, or even small changes, like putting in PVP that should have been in at launch or ladder system/rankings, I don't see myself ever logging in again.

ElyrionX

My small joy is when you list something for the third or fourth time (for the same price) and it finally sells, vindicating the price you had chosen.

This just went for $30 after at least four listings. It had no bids until the very last second, at which point I think two or three people had a bidding war with each other (minimum was like $10).

MYnZX.jpg

I'm down to my last item I need to sell through the RMAH. It's been a long road :p

You just got lucky there. The ring is pretty crappy.

chessnut

Anyone not doing anything? I need someone to create a game in hell on the last quest and kill diablo w/ me real quick. I'm almost at 60 but still on act 3...

soundmoney#1537

Lexxon

Not sure if I just suck, if Act 3 mobs are just this good, or if something's up.

I, for shits and giggles, went into A3 to try and beat Ghom. I had joined a friend's game one day to try and beat him, we had no luck. Well, I beat him in 3 tries on my monk, eventually switching to the conviction mantra, etc etc. Pretty proud of myself.

First elite pack I see--the desecration will nearly insta-kill me if I am not moving AT ALL TIMES. Wow. Just..crazy. Was doing A3 with friends last night and it didn't seem this bad.

I have:

7723 armor w/ Mantra of Evasion up (more w/ enchantress who was not out at this time due to me always forgetting about her)
808 all resist
30.4k health
17.7k base DPS

What makes me question it are posts on the official forums like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978458210

RDreamer

Not sure if I just suck, if Act 3 mobs are just this good, or if something's up.

I, for shits and giggles, went into A3 to try and beat Ghom. I had joined a friend's game one day to try and beat him, we had no luck. Well, I beat him in 3 tries on my monk, eventually switching to the conviction mantra, etc etc. Pretty proud of myself.

First elite pack I see--the desecration will nearly insta-kill me if I am not moving AT ALL TIMES. Wow. Just..crazy. Was doing A3 with friends last night and it didn't seem this bad.

I have:

7723 armor w/ Mantra of Evasion up (more w/ enchantress who was not out at this time due to me always forgetting about her)
808 all resist
30.4k health
17.7k base DPS

I kind of noticed I was taking more damage in A3 and 4, too. If I remember correctly, someone else here asked about it after the patch, also. What's odd is that I had just upgraded some things so I should be better equipped. Before the patch with a Barb war cry I was standing in Act 4 desecration without any real problems. After the patch with the same barb war cry I had to get the hell out of desecration in Act 3 pretty quickly. And today while farming Act 2 it seemed like some affixes were doing more damage, too. I even died a few times where I know I really shouldn't have and wouldn't have pre patch.

Thoraxes

I have:

808 all resist
30.4k health
17.7k base DPS

I tried that crazy-ass monk crit build and it's been fun. I had to use a shield with 9% crit till I get another good 1H with LoH though. But aside having to move from terrible ground effects or sentries, this has been treating me well.

LordCanti

You just got lucky there. The ring is pretty crappy.

11% extra to demons is pretty nice, especially if you stack two of them (only againsts demons obviously, but still). With everyone doing crit builds post-IAS nerf though, it's not as nice as it would have been otherwise.

I was ready to throw it up for $5 and be rid of it. Bidding wars are glorious things.

LordCanti

^ Spend the pittance for a 1200 DPS Bow/Xbow. 59% crit doesn't make up for the lack of 400 DPS. Oh and put Emeralds in your pants (they cost almost nothing). Spend 20k to change out True Ring of Pain for a 7% IAS/70 Dex ring. (30 less dex for 7% faster IAS is a good tradeoff). Otherwise get a 100 dex/crit chance ring instead (crit damage as well if you can afford it).

There's 100 more dex to be had on the belt as well. 100 dex there, 60+ more in the pants due to gems, 400 DPS from a new weapon, 7% faster IAS, and your DPS should be more like 70-80k with sharpshooter.

inky

Having a lot of mixed luck doing 250 MF Act II runs, vs the 310 MF Act I runs I am used to. I'd say on average I get about 15+ more rares from Act I runs in a shorter period of time, and I don't see a great difference on the iLvls either. I think I prefer Act I just because there are no stupid Wasp champs, which I hate.

I also keep getting a lot of beastly DH gear just from Act I, got a good quiver with max disc, crit chance and high dex (sold for $50) got some Natalya's boots (sold for $100) and got a chest piece with: 110 DEX, 110 INT, 75 AR, 330 Armor (was a 800 armor piece) and 19% MF, which sold on the GAH, (ended at a much lower bid than I was expecting, like 12 mill or something). It's like the game wants me to keep leveling mine, but I don't find them as fun to play I guess.

Trying to find some good MF gear to farm Act III is proving hard. I try to make a plan for what I need to cruise through it comfortably, but it's probably going to take me some 30 million to get all the pieces.

Sigmaah

^ Spend the pittance for a 1200 DPS Bow/Xbow. 59% crit doesn't make up for the lack of 400 DPS. Oh and put Emeralds in your pants (they cost almost nothing). Spend 20k to change out True Ring of Pain for a 7% IAS/70 Dex ring. (30 less dex for 7% faster IAS is a good tradeoff). Otherwise get a 100 dex/crit chance ring instead (crit damage as well if you can afford it).

Thanks man, just got those pants so I didnt put anything in them yet lol, will get the xbow and rings now, any info on the gear?

Danj

I'm starting to get a bit worried about my character. I'm level 55 and on act 2 on Hell difficulty, but the 1h weapon I have is less than 200 DPS, and I can't afford anything better (I never seem to have more than about 10,000 gold at a time, I have no idea how you people manage to amass these millions). Do drops and stuff go up exponentially when you hit level 60 or something? Because I'm concerned that my character won't be able to cut it once I reach that level, and because all decent level 60 gear costs multi millions on the AH I won't be able to get the right gear either. What gives?

LordCanti

Thanks man, just got those pants so I didnt put anything in them yet lol, will get the xbow and rings now, any info on the gear?

Other than the fact that I just referred to 1 mil as a "pittance" (for a 1200 xbow)? Not really lol. I meant to say 1100, which is more like 100k. 1200 DPS Xbows (with no other stats) should come down in price as this higher droprate fiasco plays out, so I wouldn't spend a lot of gold on one right now.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about my character. I'm level 55 and on act 2 on Hell difficulty, but the 1h weapon I have is less than 200 DPS, and I can't afford anything better (I never seem to have more than about 10,000 gold at a time, I have no idea how you people manage to amass these millions). Do drops and stuff go up exponentially when you hit level 60 or something? Because I'm concerned that my character won't be able to cut it once I reach that level, and because all decent level 60 gear costs multi millions on the AH I won't be able to get the right gear either. What gives?

The AH was kinder to those of us that went through normal/nightmare/hell in the first couple of days/weeks. You could get drops and actually sell them in the GAH for quite a bit of gold. Now everything sub-60 is worthless (except lvl requirement reduced items, only dropped in Inferno). It's harder to amass gold now for low level players, I'd say.

What class are you? I may have a decent 1H for lvl 55's sitting around.

You'll be fine, (good) drops get much better at 60.

Mystery

11% extra to demons is pretty nice, especially if you stack two of them (only againsts demons obviously, but still). With everyone doing crit builds post-IAS nerf though, it's not as nice as it would have been otherwise.

I was ready to throw it up for $5 and be rid of it. Bidding wars are glorious things.

It's a Unique Equipped. You can't stack 2.

LordCanti

It's a Unique Equipped. You can't stack 2.

You can't equip two of the same item in different slots? That's...dumb...

@Danj - If you search for "reduced level requirement" on the AH, you'll see that 300 DPS weapons can be had for like 5k gold.

Alright, thanks a ton bro!

Once the dust settles on the market, the upgrade path is basically more crit chance/crit damage. An 1100 DPS Xbow is a huge upgrade over what you have, but the upgrade over the 1100 Xbow will cost a bundle once you try to get crit damage in that slot (which you're building to with all that crit chance).

Sigmaah

Other than the fact that I just referred to 1 mil as a "pittance" (for a 1200 xbow)? Not really lol. I meant to say 1100, which is more like 100k. 1200 DPS Xbows (with no other stats) should come down in price as this higher droprate fiasco plays out, so I wouldn't spend a lot of gold on one right now.

Alright, thanks a ton bro!

Danj

The AH was kinder to those of us that went through normal/nightmare/hell in the first couple of days/weeks. You could get drops and actually sell them in the GAH for quite a bit of gold. Now everything sub-60 is worthless (except lvl requirement reduced items, only dropped in Inferno). It's harder to amass gold now for low level players, I'd say.

What class are you? I may have a decent 1H for lvl 55's sitting around.

I got it the same time as everyone else, I guess I just don't have the skills to bust through a difficulty level in like 12 hours or whatever like people on here seem to. I'm a wizard, but I'm on Euro servers (because Global Play wasn't enabled at the start) so you probably can't help :(

@Danj - If you search for "reduced level requirement" on the AH, you'll see that 300 DPS weapons can be had for like 5k gold.

Oh, really? I wonder what I was doing wrong in my searches then, I guess I'll look again.

LordCanti

I got it the same time as everyone else, I guess I just don't have the skills to bust through a difficulty level in like 12 hours or whatever like people on here seem to. I'm a wizard, but I'm on Euro servers (because Global Play wasn't enabled at the start) so you probably can't help :(

Oh, really? I wonder what I was doing wrong in my searches then, I guess I'll look again.

You're welcome to the 11k gold my Euro account has, since I never play it. What is your BNET tag?

what the fuck, my awesome amulet just disappeared when I switched it with an MF amulet.

Wut?

Mystery

You can't equip two of the same item in different slots? That's...dumb...

You can, just not items that are "Unique Equipped." I'm pretty sure all legendaries are Unique Equipped, so you can't dual wield, or have 2 of the same ring. I remember I wanted 2 Unity rings for movement speed, but then I found out about the hard cap at 25%, and the Unique Equipped rule. :(

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member

Reduced level gear is counter intuitive. To find it, you have to search for level 60 gear (in the level option box), and then choose reduced level from the a stat box drop down menu (and put in however many levels below 60 you are).

If you don't explicitly tell it to look for level 60 items, it only looks for items your character can equip (before level reducing) and ignores anything with a base level requirement higher than your character's level.

I checked everywhere, stash, mules, other classes, nada.

What do I tell them? I don't remember the name, just some stats like crit% and crit dmg.

Tell them you appear to be missing an item. You can tell them what stats you do remember if you want, but they MIGHT have a record of the item on your account, IF they can actually help you out.

I can't promise you you'll get the item back, but it never hurts to ask.

If you haven't done so already, double check and make sure it didn't end up in your AH via Christmas miracle.

Danj

Reduced level gear is counter intuitive. To find it, you have to search for level 60 gear (in the level option box), and then choose reduced level from the a stat box drop down menu (and put in however many levels below 60 you are).

If you don't explicitly tell it to look for level 60 items, it only looks for items your character can equip (before level reducing) and ignores anything with a base level requirement higher than your character's level.

Ah, cool, found a 368.6 DPS one-hander with

+52 min damage
+87 max damage
+31% damage
+116 str
+148 int
level reduced by 5
1 socket

for 6000 gold. Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom