• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxon

I tried that crazy-ass monk crit build and it's been fun. I had to use a shield with 9% crit till I get another good 1H with LoH though. But aside having to move from terrible ground effects or sentries, this has been treating me well.

I'm running a similar build based off this post:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/54433-monk-inferno-guide-updated-for-103/page__st__0

Major differences are that you're supposed to stick with the crit shield and you don't use that fire AoE rune on evasion.

I would imagine the extra LoH/dodge could make a decent difference, and the theoretical extra DPS sounds great too. I have 8.5% crit on my shield I'd hate to lose though...have ~23% and all those cyclones are pretty awesome.

I have to agree with everyone saying that act 3 mobs feel harder than they did before this hotfix with the drop rates. I'm still able to handle it, but I definitely die more now, whereas before I basically was invincible. This is even after upgrading my gear further to account for whatever additional difficulty came in.

Jira

RMAH price check?

KjQbN.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I tried that crazy-ass monk crit build and it's been fun. I had to use a shield with 9% crit till I get another good 1H with LoH though. But aside having to move from terrible ground effects or sentries, this has been treating me well.
I was doing this a full month ago.

About time more people use it. It's hilariously fun and was even more amazing back when I had 2.9 attack speed.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
what the fuck, my awesome amulet just disappeared when I switched it with an MF amulet.

That happened to one of my friends whom I was playing with a few weeks ago, except it was all his gear minus his weapon. His entire row of gear just vanished.

He wasn't able to get a rollback from Blizzard, either.

Holy shit it was in the RMAH, appeared in completed tab as unsold.

I feel like kissing you right now.

Oh, nevermind.

Sigmaah

Finally can farm act 1 by myself, I still die but its whatever, I can't kill the butcher by myself though, oh well, the warden is fine enough for me! Thanks to all who's helped me <3

balddemon

Banned
i got monk 36-51 in like 7 runs lmao. then we tried a hell one and its no good with lvl 36 gear :(

but still, dude offered to trade me runs if i do his monk on NM he do mine on hell so its all good

Sigmaah

i got monk 36-51 in like 7 runs lmao. then we tried a hell one and its no good with lvl 36 gear :(

but still, dude offered to trade me runs if i do his monk on NM he do mine on hell so its all good

hmmm? You got you're monk 36-51 by doing what? Is this method fast? CAN I GET IN ON THIS?!? I'm willing to help out if ppl are willing to do the same

Insaniac

holy shit is act 2 inferno` for real? I'm getting owned by elite cultists that disintegrate my diamond skin spell instantly this is with 700-800 resists

balddemon

Banned
hmmm? You got you're monk 36-51 by doing what? Is this method fast? CAN I GET IN ON THIS?!? I'm willing to help out if ppl are willing to do the same

i paid 45k/run. basically get a DH with enough dps to kill shit on nm fast. he runs through and kills everything. you equip lots of +xp gear and a ruby in your helm. each run takes probably 10-15 mins. more the merrier cuz more ppl = more monsters. when im running him thorugh NM tomorrow if you're on you can join.

Sigmaah

i paid 45k/run. basically get a DH with enough dps to kill shit on nm fast. he runs through and kills everything. you equip lots of +xp gear and a ruby in your helm. each run takes probably 10-15 mins. more the merrier cuz more ppl = more monsters. when im running him thorugh NM tomorrow if you're on you can join.

I'll be on around 6, I'll definitely help out if I'm on when you guys do it, I deff wanna get my monk to at least 50!

Trickster

holy shit is act 2 inferno` for real? I'm getting owned by elite cultists that disintegrate my diamond skin spell instantly this is with 700-800 resists

How much hp you got? Also, I hope youre kiting, since thats pretty darn mandatory for a ranged class.

gembel

i found this amulet
l65N0.jpg

how much can i sell it for?

or should i just use it on my DH? my DH currently using a magic amulet that gives 39% crit dmg.. when i put this new amulet on my damage goes down by 6k! i'm confused what to do

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

eek5

i found this amulet
l65N0.jpg

how much can i sell it for?

or should i just use it on my DH? my DH currently using a magic amulet that gives 39% crit dmg.. when i put this new amulet on my damage goes down by 6k! i'm confused what to do

You can probably get something for it. It basically has 100 dex 90 vit 70 res so price it against items like that. You can alternatively price it against 100 int 90 vit 60 res amulets in case a tank doctor wants one. Just price it against whatever is higher when you search. Keep in mind if the dex stuff is more expensive, you're going to have to undercut by a bit because only someone that understands that 100 int = 10 res will buy it at the higher price on 60res search.

eek5

I saw someone mention getting 3 shot in A3 in group play when they have 1200 resists or something. I just wrote it off as some weird anomaly but I just cleared A2 solo'd half of A2 with my monk then the second half duo with no problems. Then I started a new game later duo and everything is killing me in a couple of hits. Is there some weird coop bug? Anyone else experiencing oddness in group play?

gembel

You can probably get something for it. It basically has 100 dex 90 vit 70 res so price it against items like that. You can alternatively price it against 100 int 90 vit 60 res amulets in case a tank doctor wants one. Just price it against whatever is higher when you search. Keep in mind if the dex stuff is more expensive, you're going to have to undercut by a bit because only someone that understands that 100 int = 10 res will buy it at the higher price on 60res search.

i see.

is this a good amulet for DH though? should I use it instead of my magic 39% inc crit dmg one?

Danj

For those looking for a good screencap program, check out Greenshot. It's identical to Windows Snippet Tool but you can auto save screenshots to any directory.

http://getgreenshot.org/

Taking screenshots isn't the problem, it's clipping shit out of them that's the tedious timeconsuming part. With computer image processing being what it is these days, and Diablo 3 equipment dialogs having common components by which they could be detected, someone really ought to write a program you can just feed a full screen shot and it'll auto extract the equipment box for you.

eek5

Taking screenshots isn't the problem, it's clipping shit out of them that's the tedious timeconsuming part. With computer image processing being what it is these days, and Diablo 3 equipment dialogs having common components by which they could be detected, someone really ought to write a program you can just feed a full screen shot and it'll auto extract the equipment box for you.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4964930/ItemGrab.zip

- Install AutoHotkey
- Unzip anywhere and run item_grab.ahk

Features:
- Mouse over item, hit F7, mouse over next item F7 again
- Creates files item_0.png item_1.png item_2.png etc etc with each press
- Works about 90% of the time, if it's working worse for you, just replace item_top.bmp and item_bot.bmp with your own version. Take a screenshot of an item you're viewing and grab the top left 8x8 corner pixel area and bottom right 8x8 corner pixel area
- The diablo curses will flash off for a second if the screenshot worked and obviously a file will be created as well
- Screenshot over 100 items in under a minute, no cropping necessary

Someone wrote this autohotkey script that will do it. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK There is nothing shady in it but you're using an outside program etc. etc.

Danj

Someone wrote this autohotkey script that will do it. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK There is nothing shady in it but you're using an outside program etc. etc.

Hmm. Looking at the code, it basically does exactly what I said, except for some reason it does it on live screen captures while the game is running (which as you mentioned is potentially bannable by Blizzard). However, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to rewrite it so it works off JPEG screenshots, then you can run it after you exit D3. Let me see what I can come up with.

eek5

Hmm. Looking at the code, it basically does exactly what I said, except for some reason it does it on live screen captures while the game is running (which as you mentioned is potentially bannable by Blizzard). However, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to rewrite it so it works off JPEG screenshots, then you can run it after you exit D3. Let me see what I can come up with.

It should work if you just use the hotkey on an image viewer assuming you're looking at it full screen.

red731

So I can't join public games on nightmare. I am stuck at Trailing the coven, but am, alone, in Act 2 on second quest now.

Nice.

Totakeke

All the crossbows will suck, mark my words.

Finally something nice dropped. It'll be worth much more to those cold res stacking monks...

2Fuk2.png

I think the game just glitched on me. Act 3, blue flying demon dudes attacked me, just a couple of them. But, they kept vanishing. They would appear for a split second when they attacked and then vanish again. I couldn't hurt them, even for that split second they appeared. No names or health bars showed up.

Pretty fucked. Luckily I was able to run away from them, I think.

eek5

I think the game just glitched on me. Act 3, blue flying demon dudes attacked me, just a couple of them. But, they kept vanishing. They would appear for a split second when they attacked and then vanish again. I couldn't hurt them, even for that split second they appeared. No names or health bars showed up.

Pretty fucked. Luckily I was able to run away from them, I think.

1.0.3 bug

If you TP to town and come back it'll fix itself.

eek5

vaZjT.png

Seeing this on the AH makes me wish I rolled arcane :(

I found a magic hellion with approx. 500 damage and 949 LOH. Any value there?

I sold a base blue sword with 900 LoH for 100k yesterday :lol I don't know if DHs like LoH the same way but if you should be able to figure out quickly what the bottom prices are if you just search for single stat LoH and keep lowering the buyout until your DPS shows up

edit:
zoukka is right

wEnGf.jpg

neoism

blizz announced when the fuck you can buy gold yet... I'm sick of being poor, and I'm not lucky enough to get anything worth a damn...

If you look closely you will see the faintest outline of the dick loving god who single handedly took out Ghom, while three peasants laid dead around him for the entire fight.

nUeH1.jpg

blizz announced when the fuck you can buy gold yet... I'm sick of being poor, and I'm not lucky enough to get anything worth a damn...

I wanted it last night cause there was an item I wanted. Too late now. I wonder what the hold up is with it.

I was tempted to go to shady places to buy gold, but thought I'd rather not risk getting my account banned or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom