• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

I'd think Ghom would be much harder as a group than solo. The key is always to minimize the amount of space you're using to kite.

Shielded Molten Frozen plagued.. ugh.. Well I guess it's "take one out at a time".. melee nightmare :p

You missed fire chains.

I'd think Ghom would be much harder as a group than solo. The key is always to minimize the amount of space you're using to kite.

We did a pretty good job of sticking together for the first part of the fight. We actually got him down to like half health before it felt like the entire screen filled with poison. Then it was all on ilovedick.

I thought he was going to die right at the end, they were both down to a sliver of health, luckily he was able to use a potion and pulled it off. Was pretty impressive. I felt bad for reporting his hero name after he single handedly got us all through that fight.

Totakeke

We did a pretty good job of sticking together for the first part of the fight. We actually got him down to like half health before it felt like the entire screen filled with poison. Then it was all on ilovedick.

I thought he was going to die right at the end, they were both down to a sliver of health, luckily he was able to use a potion and pulled it off. Was pretty impressive. I felt bad for reporting his hero name after he single handedly got us all through that fight.

If you did him solo then you'll know that sticking together isn't enough, you need to run away only when he starts his gas animation.

Fularu

Banned

You missed fire chains.

fire chains don't hurt me. The problem is when I just can't deal any damage. Also love the chain fearing mobs into their desacrators, plague pools and arcane orbs. That's a big "fuck you". I think ranged mobs shouldn't be able to fear on ranged hits. Weren't they supposed to increase the fearing cooldown on mobs?

Totakeke

fire chains don't hurt me. The problem is when I just can't deal any damage. Also love the chain fearing mobs into their desacrators, plague pools and arcane orbs. That's a big "fuck you". I think ranged mobs shouldn't be able to fear on ranged hits. Weren't they supposed to increase the fearing cooldown on mobs?

If fire chains don't hurt you then molten shouldn't either!

You haven't seen fear spam until you fought Act 2 spider fire mage elites. Their ground AOE pretty much keeps any melee character in fearlock.

Fularu

Banned
If fire chains don't hurt you then molten shouldn't either!

You haven't seen fear spam until you fought Act 2 spider fire mage elites. Their ground AOE pretty much keeps any melee character in fearlock.

Uh, they have nothing on Act 3 fearing mobs. Also molten hurts a lot when you have 4 mobs pathing all over the placeand they seem to stack

linsivvi

They put it in the "known issue list" like it's a bug and not intended. So probably it will be fixed in the next patch.

Anustart

Trying to figure out the value of a pair of boots I found. It seems all the properties are decent, thus searching with 3 filters does me no good :/ And I couldn't find a comparable pair.

72 Str ( Low, but maybe made up for in other props?)
80 Vit
43 Phy Res
42 All Rez
190 Life Per Second
12% Movement speed.

I know some of those lower stats hurt it, and it may have been quite the godly booth with 172 str, 70+ all res, but certainly the synergy of all these stats makes a semi-valuable bootie?

dwebo

If fire chains don't hurt you then molten shouldn't either!.

I dunno, fire chains scared me more than molten pre-1.03, but it's been the other way around since. I ran into three successive wasp packs last night that were all molten and fun times were definitely not had.

edit: oops, I meant those vile swarms that continually circle in melee range

Totakeke

I dunno, fire chains scared me more than molten pre-1.03, but it's been the other way around since. I ran into three successive wasp packs last night that were all molten and fun times were definitely not had.

Both fire chains and molten both depend on the type of the mob they're affixed unto. For the same type of mobs and other elite affixes, I don't really see them being much different. Even the way the elites with molten and fire chains path are the same way. Biggest difference is probably while a single molten elite circling around you will still wreck you, the chances of that happening with fire chains is less. Fire chains is much more deadly when you're surrounded (usually because of vortex) and molten slightly less.

Tom Penny

Need a price check. Isn't that real high DPS for level 52? I know it has no other attributes :(

M0qH6.jpg

Got a new helmet. No clue what to ask for for my old one. Any suggestions:

qAdf2.jpg

Kind of seems shitty now that I really look at it. Can't believe it got me through the first two acts.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That is an awesome DPS, plus the damage %. I would think that's worth a good chunk of gold.

Isn't weapon damage % already factored into the min-max damage and DPS numbers shown? Why do people care about it?

Cipherr

D'oh, think Im gonna shelve the game for a bit. My interest in it just died. Like seriously vanished. That happens from time to time for me. Ill surely pick the game up again once they have had some time to work things out. But after cruising through Act 3 inferno on my Barb and realizing my gear is already nigh twice as good as it is needed to be to beat Inferno I gonna take a break.

Might go ahead and clear Act 4 real fast on my Barb so I have the achievement for my DH pre nerf and my Barb post nerf, but my desire to play has sort of plummeted since farming is so much more efficient solo as opposed to multiplayer. I really dont like 1 player games. Multiplayer is required for me to keep interest, and they have killed it pretty badly by attaching a hefty penalty to what grouping normally gets you versus solo (deaths). Public games are a wasteland in late Inferno. Farming solo is profitable and practical. But its also boring as sin.

Be back when they work that out I guess. Ill continue watching streams though, thats always entertaining every now and then since I leave them playing in the background while I work lol.

eek5

I didn't know that. If so, nevermind.

ASI, damage %, and min-max damage are all included in the displayed DPS

D'oh, think Im gonna shelve the game for a bit. My interest in it just died. Like seriously vanished. That happens from time to time for me. Ill surely pick the game up again once they have had some time to work things out. But after cruising through Act 3 inferno on my Barb and realizing my gear is already nigh twice as good as it is needed to be to beat Inferno I gonna take a break.

Might go ahead and clear Act 4 real fast on my Barb so I have the achievement for my DH pre nerf and my Barb post nerf, but my desire to play has sort of plummeted since farming is so much more efficient solo as opposed to multiplayer. I really dont like 1 player games. Multiplayer is required for me to keep interest, and they have killed it pretty badly by attaching a hefty penalty to what grouping normally gets you versus solo (deaths). Public games are a wasteland in late Inferno. Farming solo is profitable and practical. But its also boring as sin.

Be back when they work that out I guess. Ill continue watching streams though, thats always entertaining every now and then since I leave them playing in the background while I work lol.

I wonder if they're ever going to do anything to make grouping worthwhile. The damage buff helped but 120% buff to HP is still a bummer. The only 2 man party I like to run with is dps tnak barb and dps tank monk because of MoC. 3 and 4 player is such a waste of time.

scy

Anything that directly changes the damage range of the weapon or it's attack speed will change the listed DPS.

It's pretty much the character dependent stats that don't change anything. This would be +Attributes, +Critical Chance / +Critical Damage, and On-Hit Effects.

RDreamer

I wonder if they're ever going to do anything to make grouping worthwhile. The damage buff helped but 120% buff to HP is still a bummer. The only 2 man party I like to run with is dps tnak barb and dps tank monk because of MoC. 3 and 4 player is such a waste of time.

This stuff seems strange to me, because I've had some insane 4 person parties. They're usually best for me. If it's Barb, Me (monk), Wiz, Wiz things die amazingly fast. Or if it's Monk, Monk, Wiz, Wiz they also die fast (use conviction with overawe on one monk). Having the two tank-ish people in the group is great, because you can very easily separate the elites out if you're having a hard time.

LordCanti

Someone bought my Danetta's Fury (the really shitty set crossbow I posted a few pages ago) for $5. Do people just play this game high, or is the power of green text just too much for them to handle?

Someone bought my Danetta's Fury (the really shitty set crossbow I posted a few pages ago) for $5. Do people just play this game high, or is the power of green text just too much for them to handle?

I sold some Natalya's boots a while back with low rolls on everything, and the one magic prop it got was -12 level req. Not even a main stat on it. Sold for 15. The power of green is strong.

Maybe someone saw it and was like "wow thats bad, I'm sorry that person had that as a drop, here's $5."

That's the only explanation I can muster, I mean someone bought my friend's Izzuccob crossbow for $10, the damn thing is lvl 56 with 175 dps. :lol

A bit Resist All goes a long fucking way. My new helmet added 60, I feel like I can just stand there now in act 1 and take poundings from elites like it's nothing. Good shit.

Lexxon

So I posted a couple times earlier about having trouble in Act 3...no changes. Still getting eaten alive.

Going to do the cowardly thing and throw my gear/build to the masses!

http://i.imgur.com/UqdRG.jpg

Please, laugh at my piss poor photoshop image creation skills :p

I'm currently trying to run a build like this:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/54433-monk-inferno-guide-updated-for-103/page__st__0

But I'm also thinking I could try something like this with more DPS/survivability:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBnb3vu-x4

I've tried both with a ~850DPS w/ 300LoH socket weapon as the OH for the latter, and Act 3 in general tears me apart. In particular, any molten, desecrate, fire chain mobs I just can't eat a few seconds of the damage without dying. No time to get away.

In short: What gear should I be upgrading first, and to what? I'm poor now [800k] but will be farming A1/A2 off and on this weekend, hoping to come across some good sellable items.

Thanks, GAF!

EDIT: Hey, just had a 25% gold find shield sell for a cool million! So I'm at around 1.7m now. A few bucks to work with...not much in A3 gear moneyz though.

LordCanti

Need a price check. Isn't that real high DPS for level 52? I know it has no other attributes :(

M0qH6.jpg

250 million gold.

I don't know how much the RMAH values level requirement reduced weapons, but just 1300 DPS with no other attributes seems to be about $30-$40. Add in the level requirement reduction, which makes this an amazing twink bow, and it could be worth more. Who knows. That Xbow is 200 dps more than the Xbow I use at level 60, and beat Inferno with.

Maybe someone saw it and was like "wow thats bad, I'm sorry that person had that as a drop, here's $5."

That's the only explanation I can muster, I mean someone bought my friend's Izzuccob crossbow for $10, the damn thing is lvl 56 with 175 dps. :lol

Someone bought an Izzuccob.....for $10?

I'm suddenly annoyed at my Izzuccob that hasn't sold.

neoism

So I posted a couple times earlier about having trouble in Act 3...no changes. Still getting eaten alive.

Going to do the cowardly thing and throw my gear/build to the masses!

http://i.imgur.com/UqdRG.jpg

Please, laugh at my piss poor photoshop image creation skills :p

I'm currently trying to run a build like this:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/54433-monk-inferno-guide-updated-for-103/page__st__0

But I'm also thinking I could try something like this with more DPS/survivability:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBnb3vu-x4

I've tried both with a ~850DPS w/ 300LoH socket weapon as the OH for the latter, and Act 3 in general tears me apart. In particular, any molten, desecrate, fire chain mobs I just can't eat a few seconds of the damage without dying. No time to get away.

In short: What gear should I be upgrading first, and to what? I'm poor now [800k] but will be farming A1/A2 off and on this weekend, hoping to come across some good sellable items.

Thanks, GAF!

EDIT: Hey, just had a 25% gold find shield sell for a cool million! So I'm at around 1.7m now. A few bucks to work with...not much in A3 gear moneyz though.
damn that guide total just made me not want to fuck with my monk ever again.... I don't like any of those builds.... half of the monks skills are boring that cost a fuck ton, and last 4 seconds...... think I should just level my wiz, and use my monk for nightmare gold runs or something.

Lexxon

damn that guide total just made me not want to fuck with my monk ever again.... I don't like any of those builds.... half of the monks skills are boring that cost a fuck ton, and last 4 seconds...... think I should just level my wiz, and use my monk for nightmare gold runs or something.

He's my only 60 so I don't know too well about the other classes, but builds similar to that seem to be the bread and butter of a competent monk, at least from a DPS standpoint. I've swapped out DPS skills for cyclone strike or other attacks that assist in tanking instead, but now with that build, I actually have an OK amount of DPS. It is fun watching the cyclones go all over the place, but Monk is mostly about balancing your cooldowns/passives and simply attacking with your spirit generator.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Price check?

screenshot040oz.jpg

Very, very little. Did you check out 2-handers on the auction house? Getting 1k+ DPS with some kind of Life on Hit isn't very expensive these days.

Bleed is worthless and the Seismic Slam bonus is so situational that it's probably not interesting to many players.

neoism

He's my only 60 so I don't know too well about the other classes, but builds similar to that seem to be the bread and butter of a competent monk, at least from a DPS standpoint. I've swapped out DPS skills for cyclone strike or other attacks that assist in tanking instead, but now with that build, I actually have an OK amount of DPS. It is fun watching the cyclones go all over the place, but Monk is mostly about balancing your cooldowns/passives and simply attacking with your spirit generator.

yeah mine too only a 60 monk and a 21 wiz... wish I had the "will" some of you guys have.... lol I have alot of free time too. Still got 130 hours in this game with is great but still... :/ Seems like its fun but when you get to 60 its all about gold of gettting good shit. AFter 80+ runs to get the gibbering gemstone. :/ I have no luck and you need it for this game. Monk wise this has been my build most of this are offensive and I just don't like the defensive ones. ( I have a werid controls too :p up wheel for skill 1 down for skill 2, and middle click for skill 3.... got 11 buttons soo.... really enjoy playing this game with just a mouse ) but... seems like that's all they use in inferno.... shame... guess inferno is just too much hassle for me....

Zeppelin

Price check on these two?

NRgNX.png
To4O5.png

I like the spear but I'm considering giving both to a friend (for his tornado build) who got excited about them.

LordCanti

Price check on these two?

NRgNX.png
To4O5.png

I like the spear but I'm considering giving both to a friend (for his tornado build) who got excited about them.

The spear maybe $50-$100. Not sure on the ring (hard to look up four affix things). I've sold worse for $20.

Edit: Maybe $100+ on the ring, checking the RMAH out. There aren't many like it.

I'll give you a million for the ring.

Son I am disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom