• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Anybody wants any of this (free of course) before they are turned into dust? (US server)

3unTX.png

shield?
ne0ism#1506 also anyone wanna add meh... Have only 2 friends. :(

balddemon

Banned
Taking screenshots isn't the problem, it's clipping shit out of them that's the tedious timeconsuming part. With computer image processing being what it is these days, and Diablo 3 equipment dialogs having common components by which they could be detected, someone really ought to write a program you can just feed a full screen shot and it'll auto extract the equipment box for you.

FYI, and pretty late, you can crop pictures with imgur.com when you upload them. Just check the box next to them before you upload

LordCanti

y u no liek money?

I just checked for public games for HC hell. There are like 8 people on the quests that are accessible to me. :(
I guess Blizzard was right with reducing multiplayer games to max 4 players. Not like you are gonna fill that up anyway.

Playing HC with people you don't know is asking for trouble.

FYI, and pretty late, you can crop pictures with imgur.com when you upload them. Just check the box next to them before you upload

There's also a script out there that will take a screenshot of just the item box.

Won

D'oh, think Im gonna shelve the game for a bit. My interest in it just died. Like seriously vanished. That happens from time to time for me. Ill surely pick the game up again once they have had some time to work things out. But after cruising through Act 3 inferno on my Barb and realizing my gear is already nigh twice as good as it is needed to be to beat Inferno I gonna take a break.

Might go ahead and clear Act 4 real fast on my Barb so I have the achievement for my DH pre nerf and my Barb post nerf, but my desire to play has sort of plummeted since farming is so much more efficient solo as opposed to multiplayer. I really dont like 1 player games. Multiplayer is required for me to keep interest, and they have killed it pretty badly by attaching a hefty penalty to what grouping normally gets you versus solo (deaths). Public games are a wasteland in late Inferno. Farming solo is profitable and practical. But its also boring as sin.

Be back when they work that out I guess. Ill continue watching streams though, thats always entertaining every now and then since I leave them playing in the background while I work lol.

I just checked for public games for HC hell. There are like 8 people on the quests that are accessible to me. :(
I guess Blizzard was right with reducing multiplayer games to max 4 players. Not like you are gonna fill that up anyway.

RDreamer

Did they stealth nerf drops again or something, because wow, my drops today are beyond garbage. I ran through a ton of Act 2 and got almost nothing but level 50-59 weapons. I think I had a few level i60 in there too. Other than that maybe a few awful belts and helms and stuff, but I think I found maybe 2 or 3 rares above ilevel 60. It was crazy bad, way worse than any time I can remember before the patch.

Price check on these two?

NRgNX.png
To4O5.png

I like the spear but I'm considering giving both to a friend (for his tornado build) who got excited about them.

I totally want that ring. If you consider selling it, I'd probably give you a couple mil for it.

LordCanti

Do DH actually buy chest without dex/disc?

Unless it's Natalya's Set Chest? No. I didn't think so anyway. That 10 discipline is too valuable.

I totally want that ring. If you consider selling it, I'd probably give you a couple mil for it.

You'd have to fight me for it if he was only selling it for "a couple mil" :p

I can't afford the tens of millions, if not hundred dollars, he'll inevitably get for it if he doesn't give it to his friend (what a lucky friend).

Got my first legendary/set ever today. Act 2 off the first rare pack (at the Alcarnus waypoint). One of these:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-guardianship

Will post a SS later.

If I can get $5 for a Danetta's Fury, you should be able to get at least that for a Tal Chest :p

How is anyone making money off of gems?

Suppose I buy 27 Radiant Square Amethyst. That's 181k x 27 = 4887k. I can make 9 stars out of this at a cost of 80k / star, so 720k in crafting fees. I can make 3 flawless stars out of this at a cost of 100k / craft, for an additional 300k in crafting fees. Finally, I can make 1 perfect star for 200k.

In total I've spent 4887k + 720k + 300k + 200k = 6107k. They sell on the AH for 6400k. After the 15% fee, I get 5440k return, which is actually a loss of 10% on my initial investment.

How are people saying they're profiting like 200k per?

Danj

There's also a script out there that will take a screenshot of just the item box.

Yes, but as has already been pointed out it requires running AutoHotKey while the game is running which can be detected as a hacking tool by Blizzard and banned. I was looking for a solution to process screenshots created by D3's own screenshot function, after exiting D3, in order that no possibility of banning is had.

Yes but when you have 13 images (one for each piece of equipment) cropping them all manually is very tedious and time consuming.

Ingeniero

I got a lengendary plan? WTF lol my first legendary.
Funny thing is I need a ton of rare items to craft the staff lol

hey inky il'll add you ;D

LordCanti

How is anyone making money off of gems?

Suppose I buy 27 Radiant Square Amethyst. That's 181k x 27 = 4887k. I can make 9 stars out of this at a cost of 80k / star, so 720k in crafting fees. I can make 3 flawless stars out of this at a cost of 100k / craft, for an additional 300k in crafting fees. Finally, I can make 1 perfect star for 200k.

In total I've spent 4887k + 720k + 300k + 200k = 6107k. They sell on the AH for 6400k. After the 15% fee, I get 5440k return, which is actually a loss of 10% on my initial investment.

How are people saying they're profiting like 200k per?

Who knows. You didn't add the cost of tomes either, which is like 700 gold per (times hundreds of them).

I think you can come out a little bit ahead if you sell on forums and don't take the 15% hit, but even then it's very narrow.

I got a lengendary plan? WTF lol my first legendary.
Funny thing is I need a ton of rare items to craft the staff lol

hey inky il'll add you ;D

Which legendary?

Staff of Herding would be my guess. ;)

If it is, that's too funny/sad.

Madn

Is it worth spending 500k gold for the hellish staff of herding? I'm kinda low on gold and wanted to know if it was worth it

Fularu

Banned
Inferno Izual down, now only diablo remains.

Still, Act IV elites are so much more annoying than the Act III ones... I skipped like 5 of them so far :/

And less than an hour after getting my first legendary/set, I get a second (61 boots, haven't IDed yet.)

LOLOLOLOL

After over 100 hours into the game with nothing.

HenryHSH

Who knows. You didn't add the cost of tomes either, which is like 700 gold per (times hundreds of them).

I think you can come out a little bit ahead if you sell on forums and don't take the 15% hit, but even then it's very narrow.

You need to know when to buy and sell. Do it in bulk. Make way over a million an hour. Profits are NOT very narrow.

You'd be surprised how rare disc + all res + dex/vit + sockets is

I've been looking for a quality chest for my DH for a while now. They don't exist

I own a 216 vit, 52int 46 all res, +9 disc, 184LpS 3 sockets cloak. Cost me 3m. Easily the biggest bargin I've bought. Haven't seen anything near as good.

u7y3S.jpg

Opinions/Price Check on these?

Seem better than the worst ones. Having Strength instead of a complete trash stat, though the set is geared towards DHs, so not nearly as good as Dex.

From a quick glance, they seem to be worth ~$10 at worst, or from around 1mil in the GAH.

LordCanti

Opinions/Price Check on these?

Seem better than the worst ones. Having Strength instead of a complete trash stat, though the set is geared towards DHs, so not nearly as good as Dex.

From a quick glance, they seem to be worth ~$10 at worst, or from around 1mil in the GAH.

I'd say your price analysis is probably correct. Had it rolled dex, you'd be looking at more like $50, but since it's STR, who knows if anyone will want it.

You need to know when to buy and sell. Do it in bulk. Make way over a million an hour. Profits are NOT very narrow.

We were talking about the lower end, weren't we? The higher end has gold to be made, but it takes a huge initial investment that most people can't make. 5-6mil in plans just to get the ability to make Perfects, then millions more to craft even one of them.

RDreamer

Put on my big boy pants today in Act 2 inferno and ran with a DPS build on my monk. Switched to dual wield, used Mantra of Conviction with Overawe. Switched my two spirit gens (I run with two all the time) to Deadly Reach with Foresight (18% more damage for 30 seconds) and Way of the Hundred Fists with Blazing Fists (crits give you more attack speed and it can stack up to 3 times) I kept on Breath of Heaven with Blazing Wrath and Blinding Flash with Faith in the Light. My group was just decimating everything, and it was great to see my monk actually getting 90,000 damage crits (and attacking quickly with numbers piling up everywhere), and I didn't die much at all. Even when the barb was dead and I didn't have the war cry on I was still living pretty well.

Pretty sure I can't try that in Act 3 yet, but it's nice that I can start switching to more offensive builds with these earlier acts. Can't wait until I can run Act 4 with whatever goofy build I want.

redhot_

What the hell at these drops... getting 5 stacks and running ZK to Belial and I swear that get more crap lvl63 blues then anything now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom