• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryHSH

We were talking about the lower end, weren't we? The higher end has gold to be made, but it takes a huge initial investment that most people can't make.

Well, he said he invested in Perfect Star. That's what I started off with and how I made enough gold to invest in higher quality. When I said I was making over 200k per, I had already invested in better gems.

The only problem with making gems is that it's hard to stop because you want to milk it as much as possible before it gets saturated and the rest of the world figures out how it's done correctly. I am bored out of my mind doing it... I haven't played in days.

What the hell at these drops... getting 5 stacks and running ZK to Belial and I swear that get more crap lvl63 blues then anything now.

lol? you should be happy honestly.

LordCanti

What the hell at these drops... getting 5 stacks and running ZK to Belial and I swear that get more crap lvl63 blues then anything now.

....blue 63's are good drops =/ Second only to rare 63's and very specific legendaries.

Well, he said he invested in Perfect Star. That's what I started off with and how I made enough gold to invest in higher quality. When I said I was making over 200k per, I had already invested in better gems.

The only problem with making gems is that it's hard to stop because you want to milk it as much as possible before it gets saturated and the rest of the world figures out how it's done correctly. I am bored out of my mind doing it... I haven't played in days.

Oh you're right, he was talking about perfects.

If it's profitable, I'm sure there is some bot out there doing it automatically. Wouldn't be hard since the jeweler never moves. If I had the gold to invest, I'd do it to (manually, not with a bot). I'd probably do the streaming crafting thing first though, since it seems to be the most profitable thing ATM.

Honestly, I don't need that hassle. This game isn't a job; It's a game that keeps paying me while I play it. Gold is worth almost nothing now ($2 per M) so there isn't a whole lot of incentive for me to make it. I've already cashed out all I wanted to cash out.

RDreamer

Sounds better than I was getting. I did from the ancient path WP through to ZK killing every single elite between and I got nothing worthy of selling at all. 90% of my rares were level 50-59 weapons. I'm not even kidding. Most were level 55. It was ridiculous. I swear they stealth nerfed things again, because I haven't ever had drops that bad, and my drops are usually awful.

LegoDad

Damn you Ghom... 13k DPS and I still can't get it.. I need more resists to stay in the cloud longer, dumped them for DPS and then everything in Act 3 started hitting harder with new patch... grrr

HenryHSH

Honestly, I don't need that hassle. This game isn't a job; It's a game that keeps paying me while I play it. Gold is worth almost nothing now ($2 per M) so there isn't a whole lot of incentive for me to make it. I've already cashed out all I wanted to cash out.

I need to stop. I'm bored out of my mind, but I can't stop. :\

My backlog is getting larger and I'm making gems ffs. -_-

Zuly

I've been using this staff for a bit now but I hate 2hand builds on my Wiz, I feel so slow and all the wands are so expensive...

JBe9W.png

Cipherr

Damn you Ghom... 13k DPS and I still can't get it.. I need more resists to stay in the cloud longer, dumped them for DPS and then everything in Act 3 started hitting harder with new patch... grrr

Barb? I dunno man I facerolled him. I at the time did have 1500 LOH though. But with the standard 3 defensive passives, plus Frenzy and Overpower with the reflect rune which heals you to full because of the cloud damage proccing your LOH a billion times per second, he was a joke.

I just stood and tanked him right in the cloud. Didn't even have to use Ignore pain or anything. Easily the most boring fight in A3. At least I had to move around a bit to kill Azmodan and Cydea.

Besides the 2 set items in the span of less than an hour, kind of having a shitty day playing D3.

It may be at least partially due to the fact that it's hot out, thus increasing the room temperature inside, but I keep having this error on my Macbook Pro (running Windows 7) where it goes into sleep mode, (at least appearing to have) overheated. By the time I can get it to wake up and respond, I've been disconnected from the server, having lost my 5 stack of NV, with the message: "An Error Occurred Resetting D3D, Press OK to Retry".

This has been happening since beta, and there's still not a definitive fix/answer from Blizzard (there's a thread on the forums - it's not exclusive to my hardware). The odd thing about it is that it's seemingly random. At least very inconsistent, as I can sometimes play for hours without this issue cropping up, or you'll have times like today where it's happened maybe 4-5 times in about 3 hours. Haven't been able to complete a full run today.

Currently I put my laptop on these little plastic rings that were around the house as risers to provide some extra ventilation, so I'll see how well it holds up with that later. I'm considering getting one of those laptop cooling pads though.

Note that this hasn't happen with any other game, ever.

Syntek

YnkfR.jpg

Can I get a price check on this? Seems like a useful (potentially) legendary. The dex seems low, but atk speed probably makes up for it somewhat. Decent Vit plus some resistance, only thing I'm not sure about is the +health per spirit spent. Do any monk consider this useful at the typical rate of spirit consumption?

LordCanti

Besides the 2 set items in the span of less than an hour, kind of having a shitty day playing D3.

It may be at least partially due to the fact that it's hot out, thus increasing the room temperature inside, but I keep having this error on my Macbook Pro (running Windows 7) where it goes into sleep mode, (at least appearing to have) overheated. By the time I can get it to wake up and respond, I've been disconnected from the server, having lost my 5 stack of NV, with the message: "An Error Occurred Resetting D3D, Press OK to Retry".

This has been happening since beta, and there's still not a definitive fix/answer from Blizzard (there's a thread on the forums - it's not exclusive to my hardware). The odd thing about it is that it's seemingly random. At least very inconsistent, as I can sometimes play for hours without this issue cropping up, or you'll have times like today where it's happened maybe 4-5 times in about 3 hours. Haven't been able to complete a full run today.

Currently I put my laptop on these little plastic rings that were around the house as risers to provide some extra ventilation, so I'll see how well it holds up with that later. I'm considering getting one of those laptop cooling pads though.

It's like 105 outside, or else I'd be outside and not inside playing D3. Unfortunately, D3 makes my room hot, so instead of 72 degrees, it's more like 80 lol.

I need to stop. I'm bored out of my mind, but I can't stop. :\

My backlog is getting larger and I'm making gems ffs. -_-

This is how I'm starting to feel. I have yet to find even a $10 item yet though. I wanted at least one okay dollar value item before I gave up. I don't know how people are finding weapons with good DPS. I have found nothing but shit.

LegoDad

Barb? I dunno man I facerolled him. I at the time did have 1500 LOH though. But with the standard 3 defensive passives, plus Frenzy and Overpower with the reflect rune which heals you to full because of the cloud damage proccing your LOH a billion times per second, he was a joke.

I just stood and tanked him right in the cloud. Didn't even have to use Ignore pain or anything. Easily the most boring fight in A3. At least I had to move around a bit to kill Azmodan and Cydea.

I have 1500 in LOH... with the same 2 defensive abilites... though not using overpower... before the patch Ghom wasn't too bad as I've already beaten him, but now i'm taking 2600 damage in his poison cloud each second.. with 950 resists... I can't tank when that happens. I also have 750 life regen.. so yeah... lol

Zuly

It's about 93 degrees outside here and I've been forced to play on the living room because it's more ventilated here and thankfully, so far my MBP (running on Win7) hasn't given me any problems.

mileS

I have 1500 in LOH... with the same 2 defensive abilites... though not using overpower... before the patch Ghom wasn't too bad as I've already beaten him, but now i'm taking 2600 damage in his poison cloud each second.. with 950 resists... I can't tank when that happens. I also have 750 life regen.. so yeah... lol

Try using Overpower with the rune he said

RDreamer

This is how I'm starting to feel. I have yet to find even a $10 item yet though. I wanted at least one okay dollar value item before I gave up. I don't know how people are finding weapons with good DPS. I have found nothing but shit.

I wonder that too. It's pretty disheartening when I've only seen 2 1000+ dps 2 handers drop ever, and they were right at 1000. So I kept them, all excited about finding something like that, and then check on the AH and they're literally not worth peanuts. Highest dps 1 hander I've ever found was 800.

Fularu

Banned
Yeahhh inferno Diablo dead.

Now I can shelve my Barbarian outside of farming sessions and start a new character...I wonder what I'll play now :)

Cipherr

OMG.. WTF, why hasn't this been nerfed.. why do I even use revenge? Just use that and warcry to dump some of my fury... jeez laweez

As you can tell I already beat him. lol

Yeah thats pretty much the secret to that fight, and other things too. Overpower with the reflect rune is a free heal and nigh 4 second damage ignore when standing in stuff that deals constant damage. Its like another defensive cooldown to go with my ignore pain, except its on a 15s cooldown that sometimes cools down in like 10 seconds because of crits. Between revenge, Overpower healing you to full and 7 second ignore pain it takes a lot to kill a barb.

Lesath

YnkfR.jpg

Can I get a price check on this? Seems like a useful (potentially) legendary. The dex seems low, but atk speed probably makes up for it somewhat. Decent Vit plus some resistance, only thing I'm not sure about is the +health per spirit spent. Do any monk consider this useful at the typical rate of spirit consumption?

LpSS is always useful, and is a potent sustain stat, but the helm you linked looks like it got a low roll. The dex and vit roll still makes it moderately attractive.

LordCanti

Yeah thats pretty much the secret to that fight, and other things too. Overpower with the reflect rune is a free heal and nigh 4 second damage ignore when standing in stuff that deals constant damage. Its like another defensive cooldown to go with my ignore pain, except its on a 15s cooldown that sometimes cools down in like 10 seconds because of crits. Between revenge, Overpower healing you to full and 7 second ignore pain it takes a lot to kill a barb.

I'm so glad they nerfed DH's and buffed Barbs.

/salty

LegoDad

I've been using the 20% Damage Reduction Shout over Ignore Pain. Ignore Pain always seemed ok.. but not great cause it takes forever to cool down.

Cipherr

I've been using the 20% Damage Reduction Shout over Ignore Pain. Ignore Pain always seemed ok.. but not great cause it takes forever to cool down.

The DR shout is good also. Probably better. I just really liked the synergy of 7second ignore pain on a 30s cooldown + Overpowers 4 second duration god mode every ~14 seconds + Revenge heals to fill the gaps between OP and IP's cooldowns. But the 20-25% damage reduction shout probably is better. It adds a metric ton to your effective HP.

Fularu

Banned
Also, just a note for those claiming that defeating inferno as a barb is very expensive. Total money spent on my barb was about 7 million, from Act I to Act IV. While a sniped a few fair deals (like my weapon), most of it can be found for prety low prices if you search right.

Rufus

Also, just a note for those claiming that defeating inferno as a barb is very expensive. Total money spent on my barb was about 7 million, from Act I to Act IV. While a sniped a few fair deals (like my weapon), most of it can be found for prety low prices if you search right.
Kripp beat Inferno with his budget Barb yesterday. He spent less thank 500k. Made it with less than twenty deaths, but he didn't skip any champions.

Fularu

Banned
Kripp beat Inferno with his budget Barb yesterday. He spent less thank 500k. Made it with less than twenty deaths, but he didn't skip any champions.

Last I heard, kripp spent 1 million for the first act alone, how did it go down to 500k overall? Unless I'm mistaking it for his monk?

Also my 7 million included gear made to efficiently farm Act I and II :). I think you can achieve much less if you're willing to respec for each championpack to have the best tools in order to defeat them, which would defeat the purpose of the valor stacks (but would be nice for demonstrating how it can be done)

LegoDad

Barbs have become increasingly cheaper in the past few weeks. When I beat Diablo before the nerf, everything was SUPER overpriced..

LordCanti

Barbs have become increasingly cheaper in the past few weeks. When I beat Diablo before the nerf, everything was SUPER overpriced..

Everyone is getting lvl 63 rares in Act 1/2 now. Prices are tanking.

I spent almost nothing getting my DH through Inferno. I had 20m gold by the time I finished, so I guess you could say that I spent nothing :p

eek5

Last I heard, kripp spent 1 million for the first act alone, how did it go down to 500k overall? Unless I'm mistaking it for his monk?

Also my 7 million included gear made to efficiently farm Act I and II :). I think you can achieve much less if you're willing to respec for each championpack to have the best tools in order to defeat them, which would defeat the purpose of the valor stacks (but would be nice for demonstrating how it can be done)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZd680H5EE

The gear that can get you through it really is cheap. Now if you want to go crazy and just laugh at everything you can buy a bunch of 100str/100vit/70AR pieces but thats when a single piece gets more expensive then all of Kripps budget gear. :lol

Lexxon

So apparently, despite the low ilvl, this is worth possibly ~10-20m gold / $10-30:

Osplm.jpg

Am I right/wrong on this? Did some searches on the three main stats and nothing under those values showed up. Funny thing is, as a monk, this neck might actually be pretty good for me and my build. But giving up over 200 LoH, ~130 dex, and some resists...

eek5

LpSS is always useful, and is a potent sustain stat, but the helm you linked looks like it got a low roll. The dex and vit roll still makes it moderately attractive.

That's definitely a lower LpSS roll but the Tzo helm doesn't even guarantee dex roll at all so someone might still want it. I think dex/socket or crit/socket are the two best outcomes of the random rolls.

Cipherr

Any ZK-esque leveling exploits out there right now? :p I suddenly want to level a barb.

If you do level one, itll go fast. The class scales exceptionally well in the dps area as well. Absurd how good the class is. Amazing dps focused passives. Amazing tanking focused passives. Amazing dps focused skills to choose from, amazing tanking skills to choose from. And overall scales impeccably with gear in the endgame. Well rounded with very few to no weaknesses.

LegoDad

Damn Barb can solo Inferno with 9K DPS? I know what class I am rolling after my monk...

Do you want to solo with 9k? no... it's boring, you fight elites for days on end.. It's why i took my 5k DPS barb that beat Diablo, and have been going through solo and trying to upgrade my DPS so I'm a tank but can kill efficiently. Trying to get the All you can be gear is hella expensive though.

eek5

Damn Barb can solo Inferno with 9K DPS? I know what class I am rolling after my monk...

Monk is way more fun. Tank spec barb is one of the most boring play styles ever. It's essentially a walking gear check. Monk seems less forgiving but it's also a lot more active and overall more fun imo.

Trickster

So apparently, despite the low ilvl, this is worth possibly ~10-20m gold / $10-30:

Seems about right going by the EU prices, but there's very few of that caliber on the AH, so the prices might be too high due to lack of pricing competition. But you could always throw it on there and see if anyone bites.

eek5

Osplm.jpg

Am I right/wrong on this? Did some searches on the three main stats and nothing under those values showed up. Funny thing is, as a monk, this neck might actually be pretty good for me and my build. But giving up over 200 LoH, ~130 dex, and some resists...

people are nuts over crit/crit/asi on US. don't know about EU but i'd just start the bid at 20m and let it go from there

Trickster

Thoughts?

t9a7j.jpg

What would others price it at? I know it's worth quite a bit. I'm just taking my time to price correctly.

You're rich, gratz. Dunno about a possible pricepoint, but a guesstimate would be in the tens of millions.

Edit - Nothing with exactly same stats. But the only similar item I could find, that has dex instead of int, is at 160 million buyout.
you lucky asshole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom