• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Yeah that 1h has got to be worth over 150 million. I have never seen a 1h like it before. I didnt even know you could roll dps that high with such high crit% and LOH. Thats a stupid good weapon.

LegoDad

OkS3J.png

Can I get a price for this off AH, running with 5 stacks valor and have some guy who wants a price on it..

Even though it had 8% block on it, it didn't seem to help compared to having more Str, Resistances, vit, etc, on my other helm.

Trickster

Nothing like wasting time and repairs getting 5 stacks to down Belial and get all Blues. Thanks Blizzard.

Sounds like a weird bug, you're supposed to be guarenteed 2 rares with 5 stacks.

But you're not just getting 5 stacks, then head straight for belial right? way better to just clear most of act 2 anyway.

syllogism

You're rich, gratz. Dunno about a possible pricepoint, but a guesstimate would be in the tens of millions.

Edit - Nothing with exactly same stats. But the only similar item I could find, that has dex instead of int, is at 160 million buyout.
you lucky asshole
Just look for a socket instead of crit dmg and/or convert int to weapon dps.

Also, I picked up this barb dps amulet (on AH, it felt underpriced to me, though it was still very expensive) and decided to level up a barb
Brnpj.png

My question is, does anyone have a life leech barb that doesn't stack res/vit to absurd levels? How viable is that? I would rather stack dps/res/armor and ignore vit as much as I can.

Trickster

Just look for a socket instead of crit dmg and/or convert int to weapon dps.

Also, I picked up this barb dps amulet (on AH, it felt underpriced to me, though it was still very expensive) and decided to level up a barb

My question is, does anyone have a life leech barb that doesn't stack res/vit to absurd levels? How viable is that? I would rather stack res/armor and ignore vit as much as I can.

Define underpriced, looks like it could be worth tens of millions?

edit - only similar amulet on EU AH doesn't have any str and has a BO of 120 million.

Lexxon

people are nuts over crit/crit/asi on US. don't know about EU but i'd just start the bid at 20m and let it go from there

Put a start at 15m and a BO of 50m. If it sells anywhere in that range I'll be a happy camper! I'm on US, btw.

I thought about RMAH for it, but I need better gear on my monk to be able to clear A3. Once I'm able to do that I'll be happy from an in-game economy standpoint.

RivalCore

H1qZX.jpg

Seems like a decent amulet for a DH/Monk no? Price?

I've done two moderately quick farms off Act III. The repair costs are definitely starting to hurt, I think I must've lost at least 200,000 through lag deaths and shitty elites combos (Phase Beasts just love to box you in with desecrate). I'm appreciating the the higher i63 drop rates even though the market for essences has bottomed the fuck out.

Anustart

Well, he said he invested in Perfect Star. That's what I started off with and how I made enough gold to invest in higher quality. When I said I was making over 200k per, I had already invested in better gems.

The only problem with making gems is that it's hard to stop because you want to milk it as much as possible before it gets saturated and the rest of the world figures out how it's done correctly. I am bored out of my mind doing it... I haven't played in days.

lol? you should be happy honestly.

Care to pm me with your method of making gems? Id like to make some spending cash!

LegoDad

Elite groups should not be allowed to jail, freeze, etc, in succession.. So i'm pretty much dead in the water for 10 seconds... yeah that's fair, when my 7 second stomp only last for 2.5 seconds..

Deadly

My int/ias/crit dmg/crit chance gloves are about go out to a lucky bidder because I forgot to put a 0 in the minimum bid :(

DTKT

So, switching from a DH to a Barb is awesome.

With my DH, I had issues with reflect damage, mortar. Now I don't care about them, by knockback, frozen and arcane are all gigantic pain the ass.

I guess it's a pick your poison game. :|

Tom Penny

Sounds like a weird bug, you're supposed to be guarenteed 2 rares with 5 stacks.

But you're not just getting 5 stacks, then head straight for belial right? way better to just clear most of act 2 anyway.

Yeah..no I farmed act II for a while. It's just much more efficient to do act 1 because I to be honest because I don't die and it's fast.

Vodh

Man, these new droprates... I haven't gotten anything worth mentioning yet, but I think Blizzard has finally nailed it. These are just where they're supposed to be. Right now even in Act 1 I finally feel that the next great item is just around the corner, one more pack and it's gonna be mine. And this is exactly what it should feel like. Good job, Blizzard.

Tom Penny

Man, these new droprates... I haven't gotten anything worth mentioning yet, but I think Blizzard has finally nailed it. These are just where they're supposed to be. Right now even in Act 1 I finally feel that the next great item is just around the corner, one more pack and it's gonna be mine. And this is exactly what it should feel like. Good job, Blizzard.

Yeah. Today was my best day since the game came out. Just sold a cross bow for 10 million which is like triple the gold I ever had :) Sort of wondering if I could have got more for it 0_0

Alright, Heart of Sin Inferno. My least favorite part of the game. Let's do this.

EDIT: What the fuck is with joining games and finidng people just standing around town not doing shit? Drives me crazy.

Anustart

What's the word on these boots? I know the stats that are there are a bit low, but the combination of all the stats present seem to come together to make a boot that looks attractive to me, if not top of the line. PC?

JIwIA.png

dwebo

What's the word on these boots? I know the stats that are there are a bit low, but the combination of all the stats present seem to come together to make a boot that looks attractive to me, if not top of the line. PC?

http://i.imgur.com/JIwIA.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

they're not super-high rolls, but a primary stat / vit / allres + max 12% movement speed is worth millions (similar to helms w/ sockets)

physical resistance is probably the best elemental resist, and the lps is decent too

LegoDad

JIwIA.png

just using main stats it's 40k... but the extra stuff should add some cost to it, though you can't check the AH like this yet.. so maybe 50-100k

LegoDad

yeah, good luck finding boots like that for 50-100k

They are all over the AH.. but like i said someone is just going to search main stats because the AH is broken with just 3 things to filter.. if you look for Movement speed and Str, and then try to individually look for Vitatlity it's going to take forever, and since they are hard to find, thus will push the price to 250k - 500k.. but having that person find them is the issue.

For 250-500k I can get much better boots without movement speed that are level 62..

I would price at 400k buyout, 175k starting bid.. covers both areas. More than likely it won't sell and you'll have to keep dropping price.. I like to price my stuff to move, while still making good money. I found ones just like it for 450k on the AH with 1d 3H left... so pick your poision

dwebo

They are all over the AH.. but like i said someone is just going to search main stats because the AH is broken with just 3 things to filter.. if you look for Movement speed and Str, and then try to individually look for Vitatlity it's going to take forever, and since they are hard to find, thus will push the price to 250k - 500k.. but having that person find them is the issue.

For 250-500k I can get much better boots without movement speed that are level 62..

I would price at 400k buyout, 175k starting bid.. covers both areas. More than likely it won't sell and you'll have to keep dropping price.. I like to price my stuff to move, while still making good money. I found ones just like it for 450k on the AH with 1d 3H left... so pick your poision

hmm, maybe my search filters were on a bit higher rolls, but when I was looking last night for an upgrade to my cheap sage's seekers, I swear all the boots with that combo were in the millions

oh well

When you sell consumables, how does it work? Let's say i list 2 gems at a unit price of 2 mil each. If everyone only ever buys 1 gem at a time, will my gems ever sell? I put 2 Flawless Star Rubies up earlier at the default price and they've been up for 6 hours with no sale. Usually my consumable stuff sells almost instantly. I wonder if it's because everyone only ever buys 1 gem at a time so my listing isn't getting hit.

Rufus

It's really amusing how many people try to set the first bid at something that looks like it has bids.
Makes it a pain to find something that's actually being bid on, though...

Anustart

It's really amusing how many people try to set the first bid at something that looks like it has bids.
Makes it a pain to find something that's actually being bid on, though...

I see that all the time, and I laugh every time :)

Edit : 700 m/s latency from the hotel im staying in, plus 2 elite packs at once, both with desecrator, jailer, waller is a recipe for extreme frustration and deaths. Oh, did I mention vortex also? Thats the icing on the cake.

Vicros

Thoughts?

t9a7j.jpg

What would others price it at? I know it's worth quite a bit. I'm just taking my time to price correctly.

God Damn

I never find anything nearly that good. That would be the best thing for my monk. How much MF were you rolling with when that thing dropped?

Dahbomb

MF does not impact rolls. It impacts your chances of getting Blues, Rares, Legendaries, Sets etc not the actual value on them.

Vicros

MF does not impact rolls. It impacts your chances of getting Blues, Rares, Legendaries, Sets etc not the actual value on them.

I was just going to ask this exact question. I thought there might be a correlation because the only magic find I have is my 5 stacks of valor, and I never find anything worth a crap.

Vodh

I just had this idea, what if when you start the game from a later quest in the act, all the spots where the bosses used to be would be occupied with something like a champion and elites combo? Or a buffed (+20% hp and damage or sth like that) random elites? And they had 2 guaranteed rares, just like bosses. That would possibly address some of the complaints about all the bosses being dead when you start the game from the last quest and maybe provide a little change of pace in the farming.

My account go unlocked from that error 53 thing that happened yesterday, phew.

On another note, is anyone willing to do a level job for me? You on my account (I'll unlink all RMAH stuff like CC and Paypal). It would be a monk from low lvl to 60 or if you don't wanna go all the way to 60 then the mid to late 50s. Just name a price in in-game-gold for your time spent.

I feel like this would be safer to do with a gaffer than some random guy on the bnet forums.

Edit: If you don't want IGG I could buy then gift you something on Steam? Either way.

Dahbomb

I was just going to ask this exact question. I thought there might be a correlation because the only magic find I have is my 5 stacks of valor, and I never find anything worth a crap.
You just need to play more and hunt more Elites in a single playthrough especially Act 1. I am actually taking a break from the game because I have all 3 stashes filled with rares I gotta sell on the AH before I can start playing again.

LordCanti

Anyone in NA around that is willing to duo normal ZK with my alt barb? I can kill him myself, I just really don't want to do his blood quests in the worst way.

balddemon

Banned

On another note, is anyone willing to do a level job for me? You on my account (I'll unlink all RMAH stuff like CC and Paypal). It would be a monk from low lvl to 60 or if you don't wanna go all the way to 60 then the mid to late 50s. Just name a price in in-game-gold for your time spent.

I feel like this would be safer to do with a gaffer than some random guy on the bnet forums.

Edit: If you don't want IGG I could buy then gift you something on Steam? Either way.
fyi that will run u a somewhere in the millions
Anyone in NA around that is willing to duo normal ZK with my alt barb? I can kill him myself, I just really don't want to do his blood quests in the worst way.
do you have a preferred leveL?

my 4 chars are lvl 60, 60, 52, 10. lol

They should lock your account again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom