• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

Totally just had an epiphany and realized why everyone loves
overpower so much. Tried it with the leech rune and was like meh, tried it with reflect rune and suddenly my 700 loh seemed even better. Incoming patch?

Any opinions on this item, I'm so torn here. Any Whirlwind/tornado barbs here?

eDU03.png

DPS aint as hot as it could be but the rest of the roll is pretty majestic.

DPS is just crippling, I'd vendor it. I've got a 1122 dps 2h blue sword you can have for free if you want.
dps is on the middle end for sure but the rest of it is as spot on as it gets for a whirlwind/tornado barb. And that's ignoring the 200 vit boost.

SOOO TORNN.

and no thx on the sword, got enough of those :p Ah whatever I'll just random price it and see where it goes. I guess the real knock on it is the no LoH which is key for those barbs. I'm still gonna try to milk it lol. I've sold things worth less for more.

Zuly

Today was the first time I could say I had fun doing a run on Inferno. A random Barb joined my game and was the best tank I could ever ask for. lol

Thoughts?

t9a7j.jpg

What would others price it at? I know it's worth quite a bit. I'm just taking my time to price correctly.

I wonder if you'd do an even trade with me for my weapon.

KBPNJ.jpg

I'm honestly not even sure which one I like better, the 244 strength almost definitely makes mine surpass your 920 dps (for a barb anyway). And I have more LoH than yours as well. So it really comes down to Life Steal versus Crit Damage. It's hard to say which is better, but yours looks like something I'd like to at least experiment with, so if you're down for a straight trade, let me know.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

This just fucking happened.

Archon Gauntlets are ilvl63.

I've only been in inferno whimyshire a bit, killed a few elites. Nothing dropped.

So is my experience typical and then every once in a while stuff like this drops?

balddemon

Banned
dps is on the middle end for sure but the rest of it is as spot on as it gets for a whirlwind/tornado barb. And that's ignoring the 200 vit boost.

SOOO TORNN.

and no thx on the sword, got enough of those :p Ah whatever I'll just random price it and see where it goes. I guess the real knock on it is the no LoH which is key for those barbs. I'm still gonna try to milk it lol. I've sold things worth less for more.
dude, it just sucks ass. 600 dps on a 2hander. if you can move that, i'll be pissed because im selling a 1k dps 2h with 600 loh and socket for 150k and no one is buying
Today was the first time I could say I had fun doing a run on Inferno. A random Barb joined my game and was the best tank I could ever ask for. lol
hello. i am a barb. would you like to be friends?

dude, it just sucks ass. 600 dps on a 2hander. if you can move that, i'll be pissed because im selling a 1k dps 2h with 600 loh and socket for 150k and no one is buying
I am a pro mover. That ring you guys here said wasn't worth much ( 100 something vit and dex with attack speed 6) I sold for 85 bucks lol.

Key is persistance and slight pricing adjustments. A sucker comes by eventually :p

I wonder if you'd do an even trade with me for my weapon.

KBPNJ.jpg

I'm honestly not even sure which one I like better, the 244 strength almost definitely makes mine surpass your 920 dps (for a barb anyway). And I have more LoH than yours as well. So it really comes down to Life Steal versus Crit Damage. It's hard to say which is better, but yours looks like something I'd like to at least experiment with, so if you're down for a straight trade, let me know.

The massive crit dmg on Opiate's mace makes it worth significantly more than your weapon.

The massive crit dmg on Opiate's mace makes it worth significantly more than your weapon.

I don't know, I'm not really convinced. Life on Hit is worth a lot, and 900 life on hit combined with life steal is pretty unheard of, especially with 250 strength.

I mean it's possible you're right, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me.

If I search the AH, the closest i can find to my weapon is a 927 dps weapon with 167 strength, similar LoH, and life steal, and is listed for 158 million. It appears to have a bid of 118,065,700 as well. The one on the AH is probably worth a tad more than mine, but not much. So idk, I think mine is pretty valuable.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Do you have to have really high magic find for 2 greens to drop?

I don't know, I'm not really convinced. Life on Hit is worth a lot, and 900 life on hit combined with life steal is pretty unheard of, especially with 250 strength.

I mean it's possible you're right, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me.

If I search the AH, the closest i can find to my weapon is a 927 dps weapon with 167 strength, similar LoH, and LoH which is listed for 158 million. The one on the AH is probably worth a tad more than mine, but not much. So idk, I think mine is pretty valuable.

His has 700+ LoH as well, it's not a huge difference there. And life steal isn't a very good mod. You would need to gear your entire char around % life steal for it to be worth it, it's just not a good mod. That's why LoH is so popular.

The fact that yours has so much STR is nice but 91% crit dmg is far superior. Yours is still worth a King's ransom but Opiates is definitely worth more.

His has 700+ LoH as well, it's not a huge difference there. And life steal isn't a very good mod. You would need to gear your entire char around % life steal for it to be worth it, it's just not a good mod. That's why LoH is so popular.

The fact that yours has so much STR is nice but 91% crit dmg is far superior. Yours is still worth a King's ransom but Opiates is definitely worth more.

Life Steal might be undervalued (by some people), but saying it's not very good is straight up wrong. Many people don't realize just how good it actually is because they only hear that it's 20% effective in Inferno without doing the math and seeing what that translates to in terms of raw numbers, which as it turns out is quite a bit. It really doesn't take much life steal to add up to 300-400 LoH.

I agree that 91% crit damage is far superior to 244 strength, but it's not that obvious to me that 91% crit damage is superior to 2.4% life steal AND 170 LoH (speaking only from the perspective of a Barb), especially since there are only 3 possible ways to get life steal in the game, and one of them is on a weapon.

Price checks if you guys would be so kind. Gold or RMAH

09fEz.jpg

Shield is vendor trash. The stats are good enough to make up for a poor block%, but not 11% which is about the lowest a shield can even possibly go. If it was even 15-16% you might be able to sell it for something, but 11% is just basically a deal breaker regardless of the other stats.

Shield is vendor trash. The stats are good enough to make up for a poor block%, but not 11% which is about the lowest a shield can even possibly go. If it was even 15-16% you might be able to sell it for something, but 11% is just basically a deal breaker regardless of the other stats.

i threw it on the auction house for 50k buyout and it went instantly. you can still trick people with lots of props!

I took the dive and started Hardcore mode a few days ago. Now, I have a LV 19 Wizard, and Maghda is dead. There were some close calls (including the fight with Maghda herself), but I'm still truckin'. If I can beat Azmodan and get the Crossed Halberds sigil, I'll be happy.

RDreamer

My drops today have to be statistically near impossibly bad. I'm not even kidding this is like... I'm going to quit the game soon if I don't get something even remotely decent. I ran through a ton of act 2 and then act 4 and all I'm getting is level 55 weapons. I swear at least 50% of my rares are exactly level 55 weapons. The two ilevel 63 rare weapons I got today had ilke 600 dps at most. I mean I'm literally getting nothing. I farmed probably for 5 or 6 hours today and I've probably lost a ton on deaths. Not because I'm dying a lot, but because I'm not freaking finding anything. I have literally nothing I can even put on the AH.

Ingeniero

Finally after 100+ hours of play (only 20 with my DH tho) I found my very first Legendary item.

TzSp9.jpg

It's basically useless, I don't even have a monk lol, is this worth anything at all?
Thanks.

Vicros

It's just ridiculous that I can't search green set pieces by attribute (you cant, can you?). Why is that the case? Who would think this is a good idea? It's a massive pain in the ass.

It's just ridiculous that I can't search green set pieces by attribute (you cant, can you?). Why is that the case? Who would think this is a good idea? It's a massive pain in the ass.

Try this
Level range: only the one level the set item is
Set filter to legendary
Search for all armor types, so you can select any affix
Pick one or two it always rolls
Pick the one you're looking for

Jury rig it to work for you =P

Trickster

I can't believe how shitty a lot of legendary equipment seems.

They're buffing them, luckily. But yeah, it's pretty mindbogeling that blizzard thought the legendary and set items where in a good state when they released the game. I get that they want rares to have the potential to be the best items in the game. But rigth now even mediocre rares and magic items are better than 90% of legendaries and set items.

They're buffing them, luckily. But yeah, it's pretty mindbogeling that blizzard thought the legendary and set items where in a good state when they released the game. I get that they want rares to have the potential to be the best items in the game. But rigth now even mediocre rares and magic items are better than 90% of legendaries and set items.

Thought I'd heard that. Wish I would have held on to the two shitty ones I'd found.

Mystery

Baha, I just got another green. That's 3 in one night so far!

Haven't ID'd it yet, but I think it's Zunimassa's Attunement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom