• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

OK well I upgraded my equipment some more and I'm doing better now (and my Wizard is now level 56) but Fire Chains and those purple rotating beam thingies still kick my ass, is there anything I could look for to help with those?

Keep kiting, and try to prevent those with fire chains from surrounding you. The purple beams are pretty esay to avoid. Before the beam starts spinning you can see the purple ball that they turn around. Just make sure that you always move away from them pretty much as soon as they spawn.

Also, go buy a weapon with reduced level requirement, you should probably be able to get a very good lvl 60 weapon for hardly any gold. You could probably double or triple your dps pretty easily by doing that.

eek5

Ah, my mistake.

That's good to know though.

Edit: I'm reading around and it sounds like 28% is still pretty high. Is this incorrect?

Yes. 28 is the highest you can get on a iL61 shield, I believe. I don't think your shield has much value though. The stat rolls aren't that good and the iL61 shield has a low block range. Also, there is no way to sort by total block% so someone searching for your shield would have to be using two filters AND block% and your shield doesn't really have two other rolls that are good other than vit. I'd value the shield at around 10-50k.

I don't even bother. When I roll a new character, I go and buy the best weapon I can find for him on the AH at every 10 levels. Now playing DH for the first time, I had a 60fps bow at level 20. I teared through Belial and act 3, one shoting most of grunts, clearing rooms in the blink of an eye.

Doing the same with my WD

Totakeke

I don't even bother. When I roll a new character, I go and buy the best weapon I can find for him on the AH at every 10 levels. Now playing DH for the first time, I had a 60fps bow at level 20. I teared through Belial and act 3, one shoting most of grunts, clearing rooms in the blink of an eye.

Doing the same with my WD

A 60fps bow sounds totally OP.

Cipherr

Yes because nerfing IAS only for new drops would be great idea and certainly wouldn't lead to unfair advantage to people who got their equip before patch.

I wish people tried to use brain before complaining.

I wish that Blizzard used their brains and capped IAS on the character like they did Runspeed instead of chopping hundreds of dps and tons of value off of peoples weapons and items.

But I mean hey, thats just me.

eek5

I wish that Blizzard used their brains and capped IAS on the character like they did Runspeed instead of chopping hundreds of dps and tons of value off of peoples weapons and items.

But I mean hey, thats just me.
Yeah but capping it trivializes weapon types. What's the point of a claw/dagger if you can just get to the cap with a slower weapon that does more damage?

Yes. 28 is the highest you can get on a iL61 shield, I believe. I don't think your shield has much value though. The stat rolls aren't that good and the iL61 shield has a low block range. Also, there is no way to sort by total block% so someone searching for your shield would have to be using two filters AND block% and your shield doesn't really have two other rolls that are good other than vit. I'd value the shield at around 10-50k.

Many thanks!

Cipherr

Yeah but capping it trivializes weapon types. What's the point of a claw/dagger if you can just get to the cap with a slower weapon that does more damage?

What? No. I mean cap the maximum IAS benefit a character can receive. No matter how much +run speed items you wear, you can never surpass 25% runspeed.

Had they capped the maximum benefit of IAS at say, 15%, you could be wearing 50% IAS, but only 15% of it would actually work. Daggers would still have the benefit of their fast attack speed + that 15%, and so would slower weapons. The only difference is all the other IAS items out there wouldn't instantly lose so much of their value. Im not saying they should have capped the number of Attacks per second.

Totakeke

Someone recommend me something to upgrade that isn't like more than 10 mil expensive. I don't think I've even paid more than 3 mil for any of these pieces... a third of them are drops though. Feels pretty silly.

tn2007

Thoughts?

t9a7j.jpg

What would others price it at? I know it's worth quite a bit. I'm just taking my time to price correctly.

I sold this
975ih.png

rXgu9.jpg

I'm guessing yours is probably $30-$50 more than mine.
Hope that helps.

Sold this claw
ZPbCO.jpg

BEGLr.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
i did like 200 today with less then 10 sellable and even those were terrible till i got the quad stat

I put everything halfway good up on GAH for what I think it is worth, if it doesn't sell there I put it up on RMAH for $3-$5, if it doesn't sell there I go back to GAH with a low starting bid and no buyout.

After that I either salvage or just put it back up on the RMAH in rotation for $3. Using the unsold queue on both auction houses for glove storage. :)

Oasis, act2. After pushing the ancient device, this is one of the places that can appear.

Thought the Ancient Device is out in the Desolate Sands? And pretty sure that chest is in the "Tomb of Khan Dakab," an optional dungeon in the Oasis that you have to hit two levers right outside the door to open.

Cipherr

I'm probably late on this but:

Posted by Bashiok said:
Thanks for the post enfo. Yeah I think we essentially agree with you, and think removing enrage timers is a real possibility at some point in the future. However, it's not a change we'd be looking to make at the same time. We want to see how the drop changes work out in 1.0.3, see how all the other changes might effect it and each other, and then make a decision and see if it's something we can/want to do in a later patch.

Little by little they are removing all the conflicting design nonsense thats been annoying people. I have to say, I might be fine with the repair costs if they remove the enrages. Right now, the heavily penalized repairs + the Neph Valor system that encourages you NOT to respec + Enrage timers that are meant to actively kill you just have too much negative synergy.

Its terrible how those three features feed into one another making the game annoying when you run into them.

zou

So, CM wizzard rocks. A lot. With 30+ crit it feels like playing D2. No damn cds.

Should have ditched my monk earlier. Killing elites always felt like playing a damn MMO, now they die in seconds :)

eek5

I'm probably late on this but:

Little by little they are removing all the conflicting design nonsense thats been annoying people. I have to say, I might be fine with the repair costs if they remove the enrages. Right now, the heavily penalized repairs + the Neph Valor system that encourages you NOT to respec + Enrage timers that are meant to actively kill you just have too much negative synergy.

Its terrible how those three features feed into one another making the game annoying when you run into them.

They said that right before they added enrage timers to a bunch of bosses. I'll believe it when they actually do something. I barely ever enrage anymore anyway. Either I kill the pack or they kill me and instantly reset to full health/new enrage timer.

linsivvi

They said that right before they added enrage timers to a bunch of bosses. I'll believe it when they actually do something. I barely ever enrage anymore anyway. Either I kill the pack or they kill me and instantly reset to full health/new enrage timer.

It discourages group play especially public games though, which I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want to happen.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Max disc is highly sought after and over rated, so worth a lot.

Probably 15mil plus.

I sold one of these that only had 7 disc for 15 mil back when 15 mil was worth a lot more, so this seems pretty low. If it was me, I'd just start bidding around there and leave the buyout empty. Or set the buyout to something ridiculous and hope a Mr Moneybags decides to make an impulse buy.

Belgorim

I sold one of these that only had 7 disc for 15 mil back when 15 mil was worth a lot more, so this seems pretty low. If it was me, I'd just start bidding around there and leave the buyout empty. Or set the buyout to something ridiculous and hope a Mr Moneybags decides to make an impulse buy.

I will probably do something like that, however I decided to leave that decision to myself in 1day 12h when it wont have sold on the rmah :) (put it up for 250€)

eek5

It discourages group play especially public games though, which I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want to happen.

If the only advantage to group play is being able to tackle content by corpse TPing to avoid instant health/enrage resets I think there are a lot bigger issues with grouping than enrage timers (which there are, IMO)

Danj

Also, go buy a weapon with reduced level requirement, you should probably be able to get a very good lvl 60 weapon for hardly any gold. You could probably double or triple your dps pretty easily by doing that.

I already did that; I have a 368.6 dps ilvl61 1h weapon with 5 reduced level requirement, but my total dps is still only 5517.69.

linsivvi

If the only advantage to group play is being able to tackle content by corpse TPing to avoid instant health/enrage resets, I think there are a lot bigger issues with grouping than enrage timers (which there are, IMO)

Actually I was thinking that players who can beat the bosses and elites without enrage timer would be less likely to team up with players who can't.

Health reset is another issue that they probably should address.

Damnit, I loaned my laptop to someone and after getting it back Diablo is running like shit. I have no idea what they did but it seems like I only have to take 2 steps before the FPS goes down to single digits. It recovers, then does exactly the same thing again. Feels like a hard drive problem but I see nothing obvious in the performance monitor. :(

Going to have to flatten it and start again.

Unrelated, sold loads in the auction house yesterday. Today, nothing. Very odd.

eek5

I already did that; I have a 368.6 dps ilvl61 1h weapon with 5 reduced level requirement, but my total dps is still only 5517.69.

IkUxG.png

I have this if you're on US. It has int as well as higher dps which might help. Just pass it on when you get to 60 or something.

Actually I was thinking that players who can beat the bosses and elites without enrage timer would be less likely to team up with players who can't.

Health reset is another issue that they probably should address.
Oh, right. I'm not a fan of enrage timers, period. If someone wants to spend 3 hours killing a boss without dying they should be able to. Why take their "fun" away?

Danj

IkUxG.png

I have this if you're on US. It has int as well as higher dps which might help. Just pass it on when you get to 60 or something.

Sadly I'm on EU, Global Play wasn't enabled when I started and by the time it was, I was far enough in that I didn't want to start again just yet.

theta11

Oh, right. I'm not a fan of enrage timers, period. If someone wants to spend 3 hours killing a boss without dying they should be able to. Why take their "fun" away?

I really don't understand the thought process behind them in this type of game at all. They've done a terrible job at defending the ideas behind them yet keep adding more enrage mechanics.

linsivvi

I think the only boss that deserves an enrage timer is Inferno Diablo, since it's the last boss after all. Funny enough Diablo is the one boss which you can spend an hour to beat.

Gaspode_T

I powered through and beat Diablo, even though I just started Act III yesterday (normal)

Taking my time, trying to play the game "my way"...I noticed the blacksmith pages are cheap on AH so upgraded the heck out of my blacksmith but now I only have a bunch of "normal" difficult level crafting materials...hmm...

I have a stash full of yellow L20 to 25 Rares I am trying to sell ... basically defaulting to 10,000 even though some are probably worth more...funny that the ones that are actually desired stats seem to go within like 1 hour of me putting it up at that price.

Lexxon

Price check!

Fdk3J.jpg

Can't find anything at that DPS on the AH. There's a lesser DPS one up for 5mil / 7 mil but no one's biting.

If it only had a socket I may have hit the jackpot...

EDIT: I am finding a somewhat similar item now (vit instead of int) at 803DPS with a 1.5m bid. May start around 2m and end at 10m unless it's actually worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom