• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I got the D3 mouse as a gift, what is the best setup? I got a useless button..its set for action button 5..unless that exists it does nothing.

Also kinda sucks I have to switch profiles to use scroll and back/forward in browser.

But how do I maximize my mouse for D3? Or other games..this stuff is new to me.

eek5

Got my Enchantress up to 7.6k dps tonight. I know I spend way too much money on her, but it's kind of like a secret goal to see if I can get her to 10k dps, regardless of how much I have to spend to do so. It's getting expensive to find more upgrades for her though, I don't think I can upgrade any of her pieces for less than 10 mil at this point.

I guess I need to save up a $200+ RMAH balance in blizz bucks, or shell out about 30-40 mil for a new weapon to really push her over the edge.

Post her stats man! Have you started to stack ASI already? I started to look into it but high int/attack speed rings are way too expensive

GJS

Do 6 property Blacksmith plans drop in all acts of Inferno or just 3 and 4?

Haven't seen anyone claim to get one outside of act 3 or 4 yet.

I am very curious on how they are going to get the PVP to work. Some people have ridiculous DPS.
It will be very cat and mouse if it's like the PvM system.
Melee characters with resist would mitigate 200k DH damage to like 8k damage, and a 30k wizard down to like 4k damage. So it would be closing distance against range classes before they drain your life, whilst range classes try to evade you. Range vs Range seems like it would be dodging attacks, but there are homing attacks which that wouldn't work against.

LordCanti

I am very curious on how they are going to get the PVP to work. Some people have ridiculous DPS.

There would be an incredible outcry if they placed limiters on characters (like making everyone the same DPS/Armor/etc and having the difference maker be what skills the person used and how good at the game they were) so I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't balance it and said "Okay folks. Here's an arena; Fight each other in it".

Finally got through act three. Got a Wizard in the group that was practically invincible who pretty well got the three of us through the last chapter on his own. Seriously, Heart of Sin is the longest/worst part of the game. Glad to be done with it forever.

GJS

Finally got through act three. Got a Wizard in the group that was practically invincible who pretty well got the three of us through the last chapter on his own. Seriously, Heart of Sin is the longest/worst part of the game. Glad to be done with it forever.

As long as I don't run into elite/champ phase beasts the heart of sin is all right, I personally can't stand the keep depths.

As long as I don't run into elite/champ phase beasts the heart of sin is all right, I personally can't stand the keep depths.

It's just so long. Felt like we were running into elite mobs every two steps. Which would be awesome if we were farming, but sucks when we are just trying to get to the end. Didn't get shit worth a damn from any of them either.

We also had a shitty witch doctor with us who did nothing but die every two seconds and got pissy when the wizard who was pulling us along laughed at him getting blown up by a dead monster.

I thought they said forever ago they weren't going to do shit to make it balanced? Going to be anything goes crazyness.

Something is wrong with the European AH.

I apparently just won a 1018dps 1hander xbow with a socket and 104 vit. For 5.2m. Set my max bid to 9.5m

But the item wasn't listed in the AH, I searched for it like an hour ago, wasn't there.

Auction has ended but I haven't got it yet. Ridiculous bargain if I do.

LegoDad

Today on EU? Should add I got the freeze the moment I used Ancient Spear on a Bee ... known bug?

ya well, barb dead with 100h and prolly 50 million of gear, fun times.

Nah this happened a couple weeks back on US server.. Happens to alot of people on HC, why I haven't really dipped into it.. Any server issue can screw you over. It's my biggest complaint against online only, as HC suffers from it.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

It gets easier in act 4, at least for me.

Heart of Sin had nearly impossible elites on every floor for me. 2 of which I outright skipped after leading them to a dead end to kill me. Spamming any 2 of wall/jail/freeze while being fast (sometimes not even listed but it's obvious) + fire chain + teleport/invincibleminions = fuck that. Especially considering they nearly insta heal if you die.

I died probably 4 times in act 4. I switched to really high resist/armor/regen equipment and slowly ploughed through.

What I think made act 3 harder in heart of swarm was that there were those large enemies that innately had teleport, and it's all narrow so it's easier for you to get killed.

Pkaz01

Any advice for a monk trying to progress in Act 2 inferno?

Right now this is my build. I get through act 1 like noting but act 2 is a problem

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aXgYQi!UYX!YbYccY

I have 10k dps, 4,681 armor, 744 resistance without manta (893 with), and 38,706 hp. currently duel wielding fist weapons i get 185 life on hit and 111 life per spirit spent.

Whats going on not enough armor? dps too low? improper build? I thought about getting a shield but my dps is already shit. Time to change up the build?

Post her stats man! Have you started to stack ASI already? I started to look into it but high int/attack speed rings are way too expensive

At first I thought crit would be the way to go, but with the limited slots available, you can't really get her crit% high enough for the crit damage to really come in there and trump attack speed. So that explains why one ring has attack speed and the other is crit focused. I haven't changed out the crit one to an attack speed ring yet.

Screenshot039.jpg

Screenshot040.jpg
Screenshot041.jpg

Screenshot042.jpg
Screenshot043.jpg

Screenshot044.jpg

Won

So, who is feeling more positive about the game today compared to, say, two weeks ago? Just interested in general opinions on the movement of the game.

Leveling up a HC character and basically starting from scratch was an interesting experience and a good reminder that current Blizzard has either no interest or no clue how to make a game like Diablo fun in the long run.
Changes like the repair costs and Ghom are also a good showcase that they don't seem to think things through beyond the most basic level.

LordCanti

That moment when you realize that you bought your alt barb new socketed weapons to level up with an hour ago, and you forgot to put the life on hit gems in them. So you've been running without any LOH for an hour and getting shitkicked.

FML.

That moment when you realize that you bought your alt barb new socketed weapons to level up with an hour ago, and you forgot to put the life on hit gems in them. So you've been running without any LOH for an hour and getting shitkicked.

FML.

I do that but where I forget my companion. And then I realize I'm owning anyway, and I'm like "holy shit I could be owning even more with my companion."

:-/

It gets easier in act 4, at least for me.

Heart of Sin had nearly impossible elites on every floor for me. 2 of which I outright skipped after leading them to a dead end to kill me. Spamming any 2 of wall/jail/freeze while being fast (sometimes not even listed but it's obvious) + fire chain + teleport/invincibleminions = fuck that. Especially considering they nearly insta heal if you die.

I died probably 4 times in act 4. I switched to really high resist/armor/regen equipment and slowly ploughed through.

What I think made act 3 harder in heart of swarm was that there were those large enemies that innately had teleport, and it's all narrow so it's easier for you to get killed.

Yeah. So far, Act 4 is way easier. Got a good group with a nice Barb and Monk going.

EDIT: Welp. Spoke too soon. We're hitting elite groups now that are bringing us to a grinding hault.

Can someone help me beat The Butcher real quick? I just want to start up Act II. I know I have to get my resists up but I don't have the cash atm.

My BT is Juices#1991.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sheesh, the demand for emeralds is so crazy. Perfect squares going for 1k a pop, it's even driving up the price of Tomes of Jewelcrafting to absurd amounts. I know crit gems are pretty damn powerful but I always figured that the bottleneck would ultimately be dependent upon the gold costs and Tome of Secrets needed to craft the gems, not the base materials.

LegoDad

Diablo down easily solo. I love when he throws the fire down, and then I just turn on overpower and stand there all day.. lol

Shadow780

Seriously? Cool, I have a reason to farm act 2 now at least

Was this before or after patch 1.03?

Def before, from a dead body or some breakable thing.

Come to think of it, most of my legendaries and set items came from random things that isn't dropped loots.

LordCanti

Def before, from a dead body or some breakable thing.

Come to think of it, most of my legendaries and set items came from random things that isn't dropped loots.

Out of the 15+ legendaries/set items I've had drop, only two were from monsters. That's before they took MF out of the equation for chests and stuff though.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Sheesh, the demand for emeralds is so crazy. Perfect squares going for 1k a pop, it's even driving up the price of Tomes of Jewelcrafting to absurd amounts. I know crit gems are pretty damn powerful but I always figured that the bottleneck would ultimately be dependent upon the gold costs and Tome of Secrets needed to craft the gems, not the base materials.

I bought a bunch today before the prices increased much. I thought this would happen because as I farmed act 1 today I noticed the drop rate for perfect squares is vastly reduced. I probably got 1 total per run.

Can someone help me beat The Butcher real quick? I just want to start up Act II. I know I have to get my resists up but I don't have the cash atm.

My BT is Juices#1991.

You don't want to start act 2 if you don't have cash and you cannot beat butcher. While the gap has been reduced, there's still a significant bump in difficult between act1 and act2. Originally it was to the point that wasps could 1-2 hit you to death if your all resists were below 300.

balddemon

Banned
so does anyone want to play with me act 3? shits boring as fuck cuz i have to go sword and board...'im just looking to progress atm, maybe we can farm it later lol

You don't want to start act 2 if you don't have cash and you cannot beat butcher. While the gap has been reduced, there's still a significant bump in difficult between act1 and act2. Originally it was to the point that wasps could 1-2 hit you to death if your all resists were below 300.

NM just got Dont stand in Fire Brief Butchering and Inferno Butcher.

Templar cant tank for shit and he kept hooking and one shotting me, but I finally got my SS's timed right, The dungeons and stuff are pretty easy atm I just was doing crappy solo'ing him.

58k dps, 30k health. Need to get my resists up though.

Pretty sure the Scoundrel is actually a better tank/distraction than the Templar if you give him the skill that lets him smoke screen out and heal. Rarely do I see him die on me now unless he face tanks an elite.

My Templar has pretty shit gear though, so...

ch0mp

I am, sort of. Well, it's not like I wasn't having fun before, it's just that after finishing with my barb and having little motivation to level up my alts farming was getting stale. With the upped drop rates I am not even bothering to farm Act 3 with my barb, instead I just spent ~1.5 mill on the AH on some random items, experimented and ended up with this:

Game is lots of fun again. Might not look like much to some, but I am rather enjoying the change of pace from my tankish Barb. Tried to sneak whirlwind in there, but it's not working due to minimal LoH.
I don't know what your gear is like, but my stats were similar. I bought a cheapie 800 LoH and 90% crit damage (370 dps) offhand to keep myself alive with WW. Tornado apparently only takes into account main hand damage.

I've been getting worked over badly every time I try Act II. These stats should be a go, right?

Nevermind the skill build; I was just goofing around on my last farming session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom