• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Again, I just don't get why they have to change anything.

If people want to switch gear at the last second, then go for it.

Others (like myself) prefer to roll with MF gear as my primary. I prefer to farm with my MF gear (~210MF without NV) and don't have mess with swapping anything.

I'm making a trade-off. I decided to trade RESISTS/VIT/DPS for MF and that's my choice. It fits my play style.

Setting caps is stupid because then everyone can easily hit 100 MF WITHOUT making any trade-offs. 100MF is super easy to hit so why not just give everyone a base 100MF to start with.

It's risk vs reward which I thought the devs wanted.

Man, just killed almost all the elites in Act 3 except that battlefield spot, and I got zero ilvl63 drops. Totally demoralizing. Waste of almost 2 hours. :(

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Except there is little added risk with lots of reward when you can just swap in MF gear before a kill. That defeats the purpose of risk vs reward.

If it really is that easy, then they should definitely put in something to penalize the swappers.

I thought it was mainly people using macro's that are making it too easy.

Man, just killed almost all the elites in Act 3 except that battlefield spot, and I got zero ilvl63 drops. Totally demoralizing. Waste of almost 2 hours. :(

That sucks man. I feel that Act I is just better bang for your time right now.

LordCanti

If it really is that easy, then they should definitely put in something to penalize the swappers.

I thought it was mainly people using macro's that are making it too easy.

The macro does it at human speed, so it's really just a convenience thing. Unless there is a super speed macro I don't know about.

The point is, anyone could do it manually without very much effort.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I had 2.7 aps before the nerf. I lost about 40% of my dps. Yet it was still easier to kill act 3 enemies after the nerf. I also didnt care, just like i wont care if they nerf anything else about my character

If you're going to get worked up every time they change something, then all i can say is welcome to the world of online games. Strap in for the ride.

You obviously weren't playing a splinters build witch doctor. It isn't easier to kill something that can still 1-hit you when you've lost the ability to stutter step and dodge its attacks while still delivering damage. When you're dead it doesn't really matter how "easy" it is to kill something.

My monk friends didn't even notice because none of them had any IAS gear to begin with, at least none that they specifically purchased for IAS.

"Changing something" and "removing 1/3 to over 1/2 of its effectiveness" aren't the same thing. I'm not worked up about it at this point, I'm just correcting some revisionist history that somebody who doesn't seem to know wtf they're talking about is spouting. :)

stb

I know, price checks are annoying.

Didn't see anything like this on the AH, though. The crit chance seems... high. Thoughts?

YACET.jpg

railGUN

Banned
So, I just hit Ghom on my DH - I have 47k DPS unbuffed, 38k HP and not much all resist. I can get him to about 40% before I die - any tips on how to down this bitch?

Xanathus

So I've got a weird request. The WoW Battlechest is on sale for $10 right now and I wanna get it using my Battle.net balance, but it turns out that you can't buy new copies of WoW using that. However it looks like you are able to buy and gift the Battlechest, so does anyone want to do a deal where I buy something of yours on the RMAH for $15 and you gift the Battlechest to me?

PM me if interested.

railGUN

Banned
Anyone else getting a terrible ping right now? I keep dropping to 350+ and Ghom gas clouds are killing me, despite me being well out of range...

inky

Anybody else has regrets over stuff they've sold? I kind of do with a stupid chest piece I didn't even take a screenshot of, but I don't know what I was thinking when I put it up. It was pretty late, saw kind of a better one when searching to price check and just put a buyout on the sucker. Never going to find one remotely as good as that one again. Oh well...

In other news, I guess this is pretty good:

O6p1J.png

Got it on Act I.

Suffah is right. In that 2 hours you could have ran Act 1 like 3 or 4 times (quick 5 stacks, then warden then butcher, then any other left over areas with nearby elites) and almost guaranteed to get at the least a few ilvl63s (probably more like 5-7) and way more rares in general, including jewelry. Act 1 is also more fun IMO and it's easy and relaxing, no stress. I can't recommend it enough lol.

I don't really care about MF to be honest. I see enough dares drop with 5 stacks of NV

My issue is with the itemization. What I'd like to see changed is an increase in the set/legendary drop rate. I'd like for it to be conceivable to be able to complete a set solo. In something like 300 hours I have 1 set piece and 6 legendaries.

Another issue that I have is class specific gear rolling main stats that are useless to the only fucking class that an equip them. Make bad rolls possible sure, like say no strength on a barb belt or some such, but Intelligence as the only main stat? That should not be possible. As of now there is almost no incentive to use your class specific equipment with rolls being just as random as everything else. Why even include them in the game. "That sword would be great for my wizard. Too bad it's barb only"

There is entirely too much shit in this game. Just drop whites instead, I don't want to see it

The more people expect something interesting around the corner, the more likely they are to persist. I'm just gearing up to finish the game at this point

Ploid 3.0

Is this as good as I think it is? Price check for RMAH and Gold, please?

http://i245.photobucket.com/][/QUOTE]

Grats, awesome amulet. Having crit hit chance would have been perfect. The life on hit, int with str option is good as it is. I'm not in Diablo 3 so I can't check price range.

jsrv

Think I went through 4 or 5 full trips through act 3 in multiplayer, I salvaged/npc'd every single blue/yellow item. I hope my luck turns around.. someday.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If that isn't worth two hundred and fifty American Dollars, then I don't know what is.

Lots of things.

I still think anybody who spends even close to that amount of money in this game is sick in the head.

Ploid 3.0

Or have way too much money for it to seem like a big deal to them. Lucky people. I'd rather spend that on a graphics card or anything else at all. Heck $200 worth of canned soup would be good in case some freak situation happen.

LordCanti

Lots of things.

I still think anybody who spends even close to that amount of money in this game is sick in the head.

In the context of the game, I don't know what is worth $250 if that's not.

In the context of everyday life, it's not worth anything, and no one should be spending $250 on it.

Having said that, the one time I sold something for $250, it was glorious and I was high as a kite on life for a good hour or two.

Or have way too much money for it to seem like a big deal to them. Lucky people. I'd rather spend that on a graphics card or anything else at all. Heck $200 worth of canned soup would be good in case some freak situation happen.

I think of it as Uncle Moneybags buying me electronics (or menswear) every time I make a sale.

LordCanti

I'm looking forward to this feeling

The feeling was kind of doubly awesome for me because it was an item I sniped at the last minute, in the middle of an epic bidding war.

I was sweating bullets thinking it wouldn't sell, and then when I came back the next day and saw the money on my completed tab, I nearly had an attack.

Almost didnt catch that.

I still don't know what the fix was. It seems exactly the same to me.

It's not the message text that he fixed :)

Would you guys laugh at my vanity if I told you that I'm at the point where I can't really see individual letters at the distance I sit from my monitor, yet I don't want glasses because I'd look stupid in them?

I have close to $250 in my battle.net account from selling random shit I crafted that wouldn't sell on the AH. Would I be sick in the head if I used it to buy something on the RMAH? Should I break it down into smaller purchases so I can maintain my sanity? Or should I just let the money go to waste?

The insanity was getting that money in a form that can only be spent on (select) Blizzard goods. Had you gotten it in Paypal form, you'd be knee deep in hookers and blow right now.

Lots of things.

I have close to $250 in my battle.net account from selling random shit I crafted that wouldn't sell on the AH (ok there was an $80 Stormshield in there too). Would I be sick in the head if I used it to buy something on the RMAH? Should I break it down into smaller purchases so I can maintain my sanity? Or should I just let the money go to waste?

I have close to $250 in my battle.net account from selling random shit I crafted that wouldn't sell on the AH. Would I be sick in the head if I used it to buy something on the RMAH? Should I break it down into smaller purchases so I can maintain my sanity? Or should I just let the money go to waste?

I think your sanity would be saved if you had sent that to paypal instead of battle.net balance. I have $16 in my bnet balance, it drives me nuts! :p

I still don't know what the fix was. It seems exactly the same to me.
I had to stare at it for like a minute, before I saw the change.

The subtle jab is literally subtle.

Would you guys laugh at my vanity if I told you that I'm at the point where I can't really see individual letters at the distance I sit from my monitor, yet I don't want glasses because I'd look stupid in them?
Here's a spoiler:
JealousD.

LordCanti

I had to stare at it for like a minute, before I saw the change.

The subtle jab is literally subtle.

Here's a spoiler:
JealousD.

Spoiler is unnecessary; I leaned in.

If I sent it to PayPal they would have taken an additional 15%. Plus i don't actually need $250.

This is like saying you don't need to breathe. If you don't need it, I would be more than happy to put up a junk ring for $250 and help you unburden yourself :p

just fucking tell me

is the change that he didn't change anything at all

He changed the name from ZealousD to JealousD.

Notice how I changed the text in this little area VROOOOOOOOOOOM said:
just fucking tell me

is the change that he didn't change anything at all

See how I changed the name I quoted, it's like a stealth name quote and change, pretty much.

mother fucker, tell me if you do that shit :p

I forgot that I had done it. It didn't have the best stats in the world, so I put it up for $2 bid with $15 buyout. I mean it wasn't terrible, it had vit and a socket. But I guess someone waited until the last minute and bid the minimum, lol. Anyway, lesson learned. :(

LordCanti

I forgot that I had done it. It didn't have the best stats in the world, so I put it up for $2 bid with $15 buyout. I mean it wasn't terrible, it had vit and a socket. But I guess someone waited until the last minute and bid the minimum, lol.

I learned that lesson in the GAH before having to learn it the hard way in the RMAH.

Still managed to only make 20 cents for my Hammer Jammers though.

RDreamer

Holy hell.. I can annihilate anything in act 2, except...

Constructs with horde fast plagued and arcane

I can't stand anywhere for longer than a millisecond. I can barely attack!

Bog

Junior Ace
Not looking for a Price Check, more just the feasibility of selling this since it appears to be best for a Barb and I only play DH. Is this a usable combination of stats?

auLsW.jpg

eek5

Holy hell.. I can annihilate anything in act 2, except...

Constructs with horde fast plagued and arcane

I can't stand anywhere for longer than a millisecond. I can barely attack!

The only thing that gives me problems in a2 are the spinning blade guys. For some reason they can spin and all stack right on top of me and I can't even move.

If I sent it to PayPal they would have taken an additional 15%. Plus i don't actually need $250.

Heh, I wish I was in the same boat. That said, what can you buy with bnet balance? I heard there was a good deal of items they forbid you from using the balance on.

I learned that lesson in the GAH before having to learn it the hard way in the RMAH.

Still managed to only make 20 cents for my Hammer Jammers though.

I pretty much make my Diablo living off of people starting with low minimum bids. Just sniped a chest piece worth at least 7-8 million for 300k. :lol

I see so many items on the RMAH that have a low bid, but I'm too paranoid of a random ban after reading it happen to others due to purchases.

Ketch

Sooooo.... Looking for a 1k dps ceremonial dagger... anybody got one?

Also, why does nobody buy my shit? I have good stuff... main stat, vit, all res... put on RMAH for 1.25/4.99 buyout... sold maybe 1 outta 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom